Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Fairyduster Cottage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:15 pm
The Acton/Barrows live in a small Victorian cottage that boasts three bedrooms and two bathrooms over two stories (Bedrooms are on the second story, while the public areas are on the lower floor. Calliandra's bathroom is also downstairs.). It is tucked just outside of Brighton. Elisabeth lives in the master bedroom, while the second bedroom and bathroom go to Calliandra. The third bedroom serves as a library and classroom, with a guest bed tucked behind the bookshelves.

Exterior of the House
User Image

Calliandra's Room
Elisabeth's Room
Library/Guest Room
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Calliandra's / Guest Bath
Kitchen
Elisabeth's Bath
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Dining Room
Living Room
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:16 pm
Human Inhabitants
Elisabeth is the head of the small group, and her daughter Calliandra lives with her.

User Image

Elisabeth is:
at home | at work | shopping | visiting.

User Image

Calliandra is at:
school | home | shopping | visiting.

Caedmon68

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:17 pm
Pets and Contact Information

User ImageUser Image

Cogsworth and Peavyne are Elisabeth's dogs. They can normally be found outside if no one is home, though they come in to spend time with the family.

If you need to get in contact with anyone who lives here, just send an owl or drop by. The Floo address is Fairyduster Cottage, taken from the common name of a species in the Calliandra family of plants. Elisabeth chose this name in honor of Calliandra.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:54 pm
User Image
User Image

She blows out of nowhere, roman candle in the wild
Laughing away through my feeble disguise
No other version of me I would rather be tonight
Lord she found me just in time...

Elisabeth wandered around the house, cleaning the kitchen before she shook her head. She was bored out of her wits. One wouldn't think she would miss Calliandra so much – the girl was normally so quiet. But she did miss Calliandra. She noticed the lack of footsteps overhead, and the sudden quiet in the afternoons, when Calliandra usually took out the dogs.

Elisabeth bent down to scratch Cogsworth and Peavyne on the head. ”I suppose it's just us for a bit, boys. I think we will need to find a project, yeah?” She glanced over to the bookshelf, where she kept all the old books her father had given her when her grandmother died. She patted the dogs between their ears. ”I think we could use a few more of the older tomes, yeah? They would make a good inheritance for Ladybug one day, after she is all grown and gets a family of her own. Not to mention the fact that she will love getting one of the for Christmas. Think I should go off and start some inquiries?” The dogs didn't answer of course, unless one counted the nudge Peavyne offered when Elisabeth stopped scratching. Still, she stood straight and wiped her hands on her skirt. She might start up at Hogsmeade – the owner over at Tomes and Scrolls might have some intel on collectible books, if he didn't have the books themselves.

”I'll be back in a bit boys! Why don't you go out to play while I am gone?” Elisabeth opened the door for the dogs to go out, confident that the wards around the house would keep the dogs from leaving. She followed them out, apparating to Hogsmeade as soon as she left the grounds of the cottage.

She's gonna save me, call me baby, run her hands through my hair
She'll know me crazy sooth me daily but yet she wouldn't care
We'll steal her Lexus, be detectives, ride 'round pickin' up clues
We'll name our children Jackie and Wilson raise them on rhythm and blues.

Wearing: This
Thinking: Something to do, yes!
Company: The dogs

Caedmon68

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm
User Image
Euradice
Hogwarts School Owl
Currently on loan to Calliandra Acton

Euradice the owl flew straight to Fairyduster cottage, when she pecked on the glass of a window. The sound startled Elisabeth, who reached over to let her in and offered her a treat from the bowl mounted by the window before reading the letter.

Quote:
                                              Dear Mom,

Sorry it took so long for me to write you, but I wanted to wait until I had plenty to share. So now that I have something to say, I can just go in order. After all, there are plenty of good books written in the order that things happened, right? So here it goes!

I sat on the train by myself, and I got to read most of my textbooks, which was fantastic. Then I rode over the lake in a boat - you could have given me some more warning about that, and all the stairs! - with a couple of other girls. One of them is in my house, but she seems rather standoffish. Even worse than me, so I don't think we will be great friends or anything. I am sure you know how the Sorting works, after all you lived through it, so I will just say that I am in Slytherin. I refuse to switch to green hair ties though. I like being a Slytherin and all, but purple is still my favorite color.

Classes are going well. It would be even better if I didn't have to spend so much time walking from one place to the other, but everything looks like it will be interesting enough, so I don't think I will be bored. I answered a couple of questions and earned a few house points, so I don't think I am going to embarrass my House either. I miss you, though, and Fairyduster. Oh, and of course Cogsworth and Peavyne. I also wish that there weren't so many people here. But I really am doing well.

Could you please send me some empty journals? I find that I want to take notes on a log of things that aren't related to school, and I need somewhere to write them. Thank you so much!

I love you, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!
                                              Calliandra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:31 pm
User Image
User Image

She blows out of nowhere, roman candle in the wild
Laughing away through my feeble disguise
No other version of me I would rather be tonight
Lord she found me just in time...

Elisabeth absently scratched Cogsworth behind the ear. The blasted mutt still thought he was a lap dog, despite the fact he probably weighed as much as Calliandra.

Speaking of, Callindra had been sorted into Slytherin. Elisabeth wondered what the Sorting Hat had seen in her daughter to lead to that placement. Elisabeth would have sworn Calliandra was going to Ravenclaw, like her grandfather. She said her classes were going well, but Elisabeth could read between the lines. Calliandra hadn't made any friends, at least not yet. Hopefully she would do that soon. Elisabeth would have been bored out of her wits all alone at school.

Calliandra also wanted her journals. Elisabeth wondered what she could want them for. Calliandra owned a large collection of empty journals, but the only ones she ever used were the ones Freddie bought her, which had musical staffs for her to write on. So why would she want them now? Still, Elisabeth didn't mind sending them on. Elisabeth patted Cogsworth on the head and stood, ready to mail back a letter and a couple of journals to her daughter.

She's gonna save me, call me baby, run her hands through my hair
She'll know me crazy sooth me daily but yet she wouldn't care
We'll steal her Lexus, be detectives, ride 'round pickin' up clues
We'll name our children Jackie and Wilson raise them on rhythm and blues.

Wearing: PJs
Thinking: Slytherin, huh. I will have to share that with the family.
Company: Just Cogsworth
OOC: And now Calliandra has her journals and Elisabeth knows where Calliandra is.

Caedmon68

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff