Submit

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Himombyemom!" The typical morning greeting from Royal as he rushed out the door, chronically late for school as always. Hey, he needed his beauty sleep, and the hour he spent in the bathroom every mourning making his hair look effortlessly elegant. Preening his wings, shining his hooves, and if he got into his mother's make-up it was in the air whether he'd get to school at all. Perfectly winged eyeliner didn't just fall from the sky after all.

Shame he didn't catch anything she might have said to him, perhaps something about his lunch. He never took one, always too late to school already, might as well just eat the school lunch. But today there was no school lunch, just an educational journey through the history of Phonyland. A fascinating learning opportunity were it not for how his stomach twisted on itself. Sitting down to eat was the worst part, everyone pulled lunch boxes and paper bags from their backpacks and there he was, sitting with nothing. He sat away from the others, their meals being outright torture at that point.

From his own bag he pulled a cord and a little tin of beads, pulling his favorites out and stringing them with the others. All for the sake of putting up the act that him not eating was a choice and not something he'd stupidly forgotten that morning.

Yushika

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Field trips were he best. It meant no tests, no classes, just meandering around at your own leisure and experiencing something you normally wouldn't. Unlike a certain foal, he did have his own lunch, packed neatly by his father before he left for school. Now that it was time to consume said meal, he gratefully pulled two sandwiches and a pudding cup from his lunchbox. He wasn't sure why his father thought he needed two, but hey, the more the merrier.

Except, one foal he noticed was not pulling a meal out. Glancing at his sandwiches, Bee swallowed thickly. Now, he could be selfish, and he really wanted to, but that good samaritan part of him he inherited from his mother kicked him into picking the wrapped sandwich up and approaching the other foal.

"Did you bring a lunch?" Maybe the other just wasn't hungry?

Biblioburro

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:22 pm
Royal casually flipped his hair from his eyes as he threaded on another bead. This was the ultimate nightmare situation, no one was supposed to know he forgot his lunch, just that he was too cool to bring a baggie along, or he was watching his weight, or he was a pony with priories other than applesauce. Options one-through-a-million that didn't involve people feeling pity for him.

"Nope, see while you chumps are stuffing your faces with oreos, I'm getting some work done." He waggled the thread, beads clinking. It might have come off as haughty and above-it-all had his stomach not decided to rumble right then. Funny how 'smug annoyance' almost immediately became 'embarrassed fidgeting'. Dumb stomach, couldn't follow along with the lie at all.

Royal decided then and there that he would have to avoid Bee Sweet for the rest of his natural life. It was the only way he'd survive this.

Yushika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:35 pm
Bee blinked at Royal, eyes flicking to the beads. Maybe the other just didn't want to eat his lunch, even if he was hungry. It was an odd concept, and something he couldn't say understood. Bee, like most growing ponies, never denied his stomach food when it urged for it. Maybe, Royal wasn't even hungry. Bee couldn't comprehend it! It was lunch time, you ate during lunch. It was just a given.

Bee Sweet scrunched his nose in thought, carefully nodding. Okay... if the other was really sure. And that meant he could have both sandwiches. Score. Yet, a part of him nagged. Something was up. There had to be!

"Oh." He pulled his lunchbox up to view it. "You have a lot more strength that I do. I can never pass up on the lunch my parents make me. Today, mom made me two sandwiches. How cool." He paused, shrugging softly. It wasn't like Royal would care, he assumed.

"Cool beads." He added softly, making a move to head back to his little spot.

Biblioburro

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:38 am
He was hungry. He was a growing pony to boot, food was very important for someone his age. He didn't want to grow short and scrawny with chipping hooves and limp, lifeless hair. Which was clearly going to happen if he didn't eat a single meal. His whole life would come crumbling down around him because he ignored his mom and turned his nose up at a little kindness and. His horrible, malnourished future flashed before his eyes like a badly written twilight zone episode.

He observed Bee one more time, eyes tracking over the shiny lunchbox as if he was sizing up just how he could eat it, metal and all.

"I suppose," the bench made a noise of complaint as Royal scooched away from Bee, leaving a nice empty seat, the perfect size for plus one, "I could eat one. I mean it'd be an awful shame if all that food went to waste after your mother put so much hard work into it. And really, what's a meal without good company." Stupid, stubborn ego. Why couldn't he just say he wanted the sandwich like a normal pony?!

"I'll even let you look at my beads." As if to sweeten the pot (or, to make it bearable) he slid his box toward Bee Sweet, it was filled to bursting with pretty beads, seperated in little cubbies by color, and one toward the top of special beads.

Yushika

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 pm
Bee jumped slightly as the other approached and the bench creaked in response, his eyes landing on the open spot. His eyes dragged up to meet Royal's, mouth quirking into a smile. It would be a shame, wouldn't it? Something told him it wasn't his mother though that had pulled the pony into accepting the offer, though.

"She'd be mortified if someone didn't eat it." He answered softly, pulling the sandwich from his box and gesturing for Royal to take it as Royal bushed the beads closer. Bee leaned closer to look at the offered trinkets, afraid to touch them. They were so delicate. A part of him an urge to knock the box over just to watch them scatter, but he'd never.

"You make things with these?" He asked in awe, glancing back up at Royal curiously.

Biblioburro

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:25 am
"Mmmhmm" Royal already had most of the sandwich stuffed in his face, it wasn't the most gentlemanly way to eat but he had pretty much established not to be the most gentlemanly of men. Or really a man in the first place? That was a confusing rabbit hole he wasn't yet ready to venture down. And not while chowing down on a borrowed sandwich next to an almost stranger.

Instead he dragged over two of the bracelets he'd already made, one pretty glass in light blues, centering around a darker brown bead, glossy and clearly made out of wood. Another was made with large veined purple stone beads with much smaller gold ones. He had planned to make one for each of his family members, it was why he was plain lousy with beads.

"Upside is it's awfully calming. Downside is I sound like I have a backpack full of sand wherever I go."

Yushika

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:29 pm
Bee watched Royal stuff the sandwich into their face, nose twitching in amusement. So he was hungry, Bee knew it. Drawing his eyes back to the glittering beads, the boy chanced rolling one over to see the entire design. Pretty. He doubted he could do anything with these - he was incredibly clumsy. His hooves often didn't move the way he wanted them to.

Royal dragged two bracelets forth, catching Bee's eyes as the sun hit them just right. Awe struck him as he looked at the dainty bracelets, a smile flushing across his face. So cool!

"They're pretty." He answered, finally taking a bite from his own sandwich. "Could you show me sometime, maybe, how to do that?"

Biblioburro

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 am
"There's not a whole lot to show." Royal held a hoof in front of his mouth as he chewed, as if it was more polite when really he was still just talking with his mouth full. "Stringing them together is the easy part, you have to have an eye for how they'll look once assembled. Can't just grab a hoof-full at random and expect them to look nice together."

To prove his point he plucked a few green beads, and spread them out on the table, followed by a set of yellow. There were plenty of combinations that looked pretty,
and just as many that looked gross. Too dark made it too gross looking, too saturated made it obnoxious, too light made no impact. But there were plenty that looked lovelier together than they did alone.

"But don't worry too much, it's like any talent. It takes time to learn how things go together." He shrugged, finishing off the rest of the sandwich.

Yushika

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 pm
The hoof did the trick, he really did look more polite, even with a mouth full. Maybe Bee could take that sometime. Maybe his mother wouldn't tell him to finish chewing the next time he had a story to tell and he needed to say it before his siblings got their chance to butt in.

Bee nodded as Royal splayed out the beads, making a mental note to beg his parents for some of his own. Perhaps he could make a tiny school business behind it! Would.... school allow that? His eyes trailed up as Royal finished their sandwich. That was his good deed for the day. Man, it felt awfully satisfying to help someone out.

"Okay." He murmured softly in agreement as he looked back at the beads. Suddenly, his head snapped up as the teacher called out a 5 minute warning for everyone to begin packing up. "Oh. It's time." He swept his things into his lunchbox, clasping the lid shut and quickly finishing off his own sandwich. Once done, he looked up at Royal, flashing a hesitant smile.

"I'll try it out and show you sometime." He nodded towards the beads, tucking away his lunchbox into his bag. "Thank you for showing me."

Biblioburro

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:46 am
Royal carefully collected all the beads that he'd pulled free of his box, putting each of them in their rightful place.

Someone had done something awfully nice for him. Problem was Royal didn't quite know how to be nice back. As much as his presence was entirely it's own reward, maybe an actual reward was due. He picked through a few completed bracelets, thinking of how they'd look with Bee's fur. He hadn't been much satisfied with any of them, and certainly wasn't any more now. What kind of monster would he be to give away unwanted product as a thank you?

What kind of monster couldn't even say thank you in the first place?

Stubborn stubborn stubborn.

Dramatic little thing, he set his chin on the table, leg dramatically draped over his eyes as he slid his own personal bracelet in Bee's direction. It was red and gold, plenty of ornate beads strung together, two in the center with his initials.

"You can have this one. Even trade, you can take it off my hands since I was so kind as to lighten your load earlier." So much easier to do something nice if he pretended not to care. "Consider it a friendship bracelet. You can make me one later in return."

Yushika

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:28 pm
Bee watched carefully as Royal poked through their bracelets, dragging his eyes away to examine what his classmates were doing. Never did he consider Royal was searching for something for him, so when he heard the sound of glass sliding towards him it made that smile all the brighter. For him? Really? He took it without complaint, lifting it to allow sun to filter through before, with a wide smile, he slipped it around his hoof.

Lovely! And, it reminded him of his new friend; perfect.

"I'll do that," He agreed, voice drifting off as he admired his new jewelry. He lowered his hoof, giving Royal We a grateful grin.

"It might not be as pretty as this, but I'll do my absolute best." Sincerity touched his tone, a genuine nod following before his head snapped up as the teacher called for them to finish packing up. They had a few more places to go! With a touch of nervous doubt, Bee Sweet considered Royal We before, carefully, he lifted his box, nodding towards Royal.

"Do you want to go to the next exhibit together?"

Biblioburro
You can end it at next post if you want!

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm
Bee was good to have around, if it was because he saw through the nonsense ouroboros that was Royal's own ego, or the fact he assumed the best out of someone who was still struggling with the whole 'not being a selfish jerk' thing, he didn't want to let this kind of person pass him by. Beyond the kindness there was one simple fact. He made Royal want to be better. And maybe that was the kind of pony he should surround himself with. Maybe he'll learn a lesson or two.

His case was stuffed into his backpack without ceremony, Royal hopping from the bench to join his new friend. Because that was what they were.
Friends. Buddies. Cohorts. And perhaps someone willing to feed Royal on those days he's being a royal idiot.

"I suppose I could bring myself to wear it, even if it isn't as pretty as I would like. It's rude to not appreciate a gift after all." Maybe with some time he could start being a touch more honest.

For now he'd settle with walking side by side through the exhibits, and the feeling of pride any time someone complemented the bracelet.

Yushika
And cut.

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces