Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 am
User Image

Was he fed? Yes.

Was he watered? Yes.

Was he anticipating a glorious day of fantastic weather and very little in the way of interruptions? Absolutely.

You could imagine his surprise when one of these turned out to be incorrect. No sooner had he taken to lounging than he caught sight of a figure he hadn't seen in quite some time. In fact, at first he wasn't entirely certain she was really there. Another double take and his mind had concluded that perhaps it was an individual who looked similar to her but was different... And then as she had grown closer and closer he realised that she was, in fact, exactly who he thought she was. It was Tala, the little cub who had grown up so quickly and then decided she wanted to see where some of her ancestors had gone.

He immediately perked up as she approached and placed a smile upon his lips. He might have been getting on a bit, but that didn't mean he didn't have a spring in his step and he was delighted to see one of those he cared about return in one piece.

"Well, well, well!" he chuckled as she came within earshot. "Look who stumbled back home," he teased and tilted his head to the side. "Now where have you been hiding, eh? he asked curiously.

Words: 227

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:46 am
User Image

It was with a tired smile that she greeted the familiar face, one that she really hadn't expected to see. Yet he had always been a constant in her life... Even as a small child she had known him, he had educated her and showed her the ways of the world. He'd been patient, lovable and most of all, encouraging. Without Iraeneus it was probable that she never would have left the Pridelands and simply would have stared idly into the void. To say she would have lacked any form of fulfillment was an understatement...

"Iraeneus," she replied gently as she drew to a halt and gave him a small hug. "It's been a long, long time, hasn't it?" she agreed with a tired chuckle and began to move towards his usual perch. Why hadn't she thought he'd be here? This was his spot, and even after all these years she didn't think he would ever truly change. Iraeneus was a part of the land itself, he was an ornament upon the plains and if he wasn't there then it usually meant that there was something wrong.

"But boy do I have some stories to tell you," she continued and took a seat, easing her weight off her paws with a relieved sigh. "You were right to push me you know," she said, her smile deepening. "I've seen so much, but there's so much more to see out there," she closed her eyes. "I think this might be one of many trips if I can manage it..."

Words: 257

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:41 am
"Mmm, a couple of years if I estimate it right," Iraeneus raised a brow and came to inspect the otherwise groggy lioness. She had clearly been walking for a considerable time, perhaps because she knew she was so close to home. She was however in very good shape, well fed and without a single bruise on her. It brought him comfort to know that even though she had been gone for a considerable amount of time she had taken care of herself. Although he did have to wonder exactly where she had been, just how many of his stories had she gone to investigate?

...He told her a considerable number, surely she couldn't have explored them all by now?

"At least you've been eating right," he said and took a seat again. It wasn't long before he had adopted his usual pose and the Prideland's ornament returned to its rightful place. "So what stories do you have for me?" he asked curiously and heaved a sigh; ah but if he wasn't getting old! Not really, he was still sprightly enough to put some of the younger lads to shame. Then again anyone who took it as easy as he did didn't have to worry about putting too much strain on their limbs! Hah, he hadn't had time to wear them out over the years!

"You can't have seen everything surely, by the sounds of it you haven't anyway," he mused and then grinned. "Oooh but tell me you went to see some of your ancestors homes, did you find them, or are we still in the planning phase to see those?" he continued curiously.

Words: 274
Total Words (Iraeneus): 501

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:04 pm
"If there's one thing you taught me, it was how to eat right," she pointed out with a laugh. Iraeneus had always stressed the importance of food, they had spent more time on food than they had on anything else! She'd eventually learn the tricks of the trade for everything else, but in Iraeneus's book here was nothing more important than a good meal. It kept your soul healthy and your morale was always high, there was truth to it as well, she always did feel better after she had eaten a good meal.

"As to what I've seen..." she sat back and considered where to begin. From the moment she had left the Pridelands things had been happening, she'd met some incredible individuals and maybe had a twinge of something for one of them. She'd learnt so much, done so much and seen so much. Had all of that been in Iraeneus's stories? Not really; if anything some of them had been completely unexpected or the opposite of what he'd said they'd be. But wasn't that the point of travel, hadn't he deliberately encouraged her to see for herself just in case...?

"I found them," she said after a while, deciding to focus on his initial questions before telling any other tales regarding her experiences. "They're way to the south east," she continued and lifted her paw to point in roughly the right direction. Had it not been for Rag she probably never would have found them in the first place, she hadn't really known how to navigate until she'd met him, and then Destati. Both of them had taught her (indirectly), a considerable amount about travelling safely.

"And oh their land... I know ours is lovely but their's has so much colour," she sighed and leant against his rock, a smile on her lips. "It's full of flowers and the ground is so soft, you can sink right in to it," she paused to consider what else she had seen. "Oh but some of the jungle denizens are a bit mean," she added after a moment or two, recalling some of the rather irritating monkeys she had come to know.

"The lions themselves though? Nicest lions you'll probably ever meet," she patted his paw and grinned. "They'd probably love you, they love to laze about on rocks and at the beach too," she pointed out, causing the pridelander male to smirk.

Nevertheless she didn't stop there... And soon she began to speak about what she had gotten up to while investigating this beach pride, and its neighbours. It would be safe to assume that she would probably only pause to find a meal later, she had plenty to talk Iraeneus's ear off with for the time being!

Words: 459
Total Words (Tala): 716

Epine de Rose

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas