Submit

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Baking almost knocked over a trashcan as he raced to the Media Room. A couple of foals tried to say something to him, but he was long gone before they could utter a sound.

They did it, they finally did it.

They were going to let him host the school's news show!

Baking threw the door to the media room open, grinning from ear to ear. There were three foals there to help him. Normally there was a teacher with them, but she was at a meeting. Baking took a moment to calm himself, lower his heart rate. Then he walked in, had held high.

Forty minutes later, there was a colt on the camera, a filly on the audio, and another filly watching the screen to make sure that everything was lined up right. Baking was sitting at the desk, sparse mane combed nicely and a tie around his neck. He was beaming with energy, tapping his hooves on the desk and looking around. Everything was looking just perfect. Cloud Chaser would count down, the red light would come on and then he'd read the....

Oh no.

This was...very bad.

Yushika

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Bee Sweet didn't like school much. Oh, he enjoyed when they learned about various bugs, and even sometimes anything about nature could catch his eye, but everything else? Booooooring! Usually, he raced back home to begin hunting for new bugs, but not today. Today, he had been asked to empty the trashes of a few club rooms, and he was kind enough to agree.

First, the Arts and Craft room was emptied, then the Media room was next. He was a quiet phony, slipping in silently like the night as he grabbed their trashcan and, a little clumsily, emptied it into the bag. He took a moment to dare a glance at the club, eyebrow quirking. Oh! Someone new hosting the news today? Neat.

Blue Eyed Melloon

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 pm
There weren't any cue cards!

Baking's eyes widened as he looked around. The other foals didn't notice the missing cards; they were all too busy making sure graphics were right, and that the camera was all lined up. Baking raised his hoof, saying "Um, hey guys..." but no one seemed to hear him.

"You got one minute Baking!" came a call, and the bright lights kicked on. Now he really couldn't see, and he was starting to break out in a sweat. His mind was racing, and then suddenly very blank. The idea of speaking to everyone in the school, without knowing what to say...

Suddenly the door quietly opened, and another foal came. Baking thought he heard angels sing, until he went for the garbage can, not the cards. The tie on his neck was constricting him. Baking couldn't breathe.

"Thirty seconds!"

He leapt from the desk, and ignored the cry of the filly calling out times. He skidded to a halt next to Bee.

"Hey, yeah sorry to bother you but IneedyourhelplikeNOW." he said, smashing his words together and jumping from hoof to hoof.

Yushika

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm
Bee Sweet practically jumped when a foal came darting at him. Hey! It was the new host! Blinking back at him, Bee Sweet set the trash can down. His help? Oh no no no, he wasn't needed to speak on air, was he?

"Uh, sure, what do you need?" Bee asked, always the kind foal. He watched the other jump hoof to hoof, wondering if perhaps he should do the same.

Blue Eyed Melloon

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 pm
"Twenty seconds! Baking get up here!"

He looked back, and then at Bee, grabbing his hoof. "Come with me!" he said without further how-do-you-dos, pulling the colt over to just out of camera, picking up the cue cards and handing them to him.

"It's suuuuper simple." he said, taking a step back to make sure he could see the cards. "No experience needed. All you gotta do is make sure that you hold those cards up where I can see them. I'll nod at you when you need to switch the card. They're numbered on the back I think...." he trailed off.
"Ten Seconds!! Baking, if you don't get up there...!"

"Alright!" Baking shouted, turning to give Bee his best reporter smile. "Thanks man!" He sprinted to the table, spinning around in the swivel chair as the inertia carried him forward. He slammed his hooves on the desk, pausing his rotation just as the filly in charge pointed a hoof at him to indicate that he was live.

"Good afternoon Phonyville Elementary! I'm your news anchor Baking News, in for Good Word today!" he said in his best news anchor voice.

Yushika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:09 pm
Whoop! And suddenly he was just being yanked. He didn't mind, although for a second he grasped at the trash can, mind reeling. He should really finish this duty, right? Suddenly, the cameras were close by and cue cards were in his hoof and Bee whirled from one task to another. Whoa.

"U-uh, uh, sure, okay." Bee stammered as he fixed the cards into his hooves. He needed a second to comprehend what was said, but luckily the other ran off to give him that moment. Okay, this was easy enough. No cameras on him, good good. When Baking News began to speak he instantly raised the first card, trying to keep as quiet as possible.

Blue Eyed Melloon

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 pm
The news show went on, and foals that watched thought that Baking had developed a head twitch, because every so often, he would seem to nod suddenly. Thy didn't know that he was giving the cue to Bee standing off camera. There were a couple stumbles, but overall, he felt his news report went well.

After "that's a wrap!" was shouted, he exhaled sharply, spinning on the chair a couple more times before exiting the stage and walking up to Bee.

"You are a lifesaver!" he said, loosening the tie from his throat and letting it hang off his shoulders. "Really amazing. What's your name?"

Yushika

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:33 pm
Bee exhaled in relief when the finishing call was given, immediately letting his arms go slack. That was hard! Not strenuously so, but emotionally! He had been so worried he'd drop the cards, or hiccup, or really anything, but now he felt almost proud. Proud of holding cards; how ridiculous. It was the little things in life that mattered, though.

He startled as the phony from earlier approached him, letting out a loose and warm laugh at himself. He didn't really feel like he'd done much, honestly, but the fact the other pony was so glad left a wide smile on his face. Bee was glad he helped.

"Bee Sweet. You were so cool! How can you do all that in-front of a screen? Aren't you nervous?"

Blue Eyed Melloon

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 pm
Baking grinned at the compliment. "I'm definitely nervous. But I learned from someone that you gotta take those nerves and let them sharpen your mind, instead of make your stomach all flip-floppity." he said,
hoping that he was channeling what he had been told correctly.

"Well, you heard my name up there, but I'll make it official. Baking News. Nice to meet you. And even better to work with you! I don't know what I woulda done without you!"

He looked around at the other foals clearing up the set as the bell above rang,
signaling recess. "Say, as a thank you, how about I buy you a candy bar after school gets out?"

Yushika

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Take your nerves and turn them into something else? Bee cocked his head gently, nodding faintly. That... was good advice. He often found himself so worked up over the littlest thing; what if he could turn that energy into something productive? He liked that advice!

"Oh! Nice to meet you, Baking News!" He couldn't help smiling at the name — it fit the phony so perfectly! His nose scrunched as his smile widened, a hoof kicking nervously at the floor. "Really? You don't have to, but I love chocolate! Thank you!"

Blue Eyed Melloon

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas