Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Couples Cosplays

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:47 am
Greetings Everyone,

I felt that this was a topic worth talking about again. So I was just wondering, how many of you out there do and have done a couples cosplay? Since 2009 their have been a lot of changes in the Cosplay World. The definition of Couples have changed as well.

Crossplay couples are certainly acceptable. Many couples cosplayers often role play their characters. For some Cosplayers they go to a con as a date for their Couple Cosplay. One example is our Guild Member Kyari "kyari cloudcakes". It was a special day for them because it was their wedding day and they Cosplayed Queen Serenity and Tuxedo Mask. I was privileged to share some of that day with them. Some people even find a special someone at a convention to go on a future date with.

Anime and Manga series have a lot of different couples to choose from. The magic of Anime / Cosplay conventions can still be found and sharing your experience as a Couples Cosplay can add to your experience big time!!

Share with us your experiences. Let us know what Cosplay Couples that you have done in the past and plan for the future as well. Also let us know what series and characters that you choose.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:47 pm
I have done duo/couple and group cosplays, but I shall focus on duo/couple cosplays since it's the topic on hand.

My boyfriend and I have done casual Kingdom Hearts cosplays together (or rather with a group at times). I was Riku and he was Sora. I eventually want to do romantic pairings (couple cosplays) and not friendly (duo cosplays) with him. Some future plans for romantic pairings are:
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Axel x Riku (AkuRiku): My boyfriend would be Axel. I would be Riku. This pairing can be in casual or Organization XIII coat attire.
gaia_star Soul Eater - Stein x Medusa: My boyfriend already has a Stein cosplay. I have yet to get a Medusa cosplay.

Most duo cosplays involve my Kairi and I. She is one of a few of my KH/FF cosplaying friends that will do casual/matching outfits with me. Duo cosplays that I've done are:
gaia_star Final Fantasy - Noctis and Tifa: I was Prince Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood) with a silver crown. My Kairi was Lady/Princess Tifa (FFVII). They're cousins in this version due to a headcanon of mine.
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku and Axel: I was Riku in yukata attire. My Axel/Marly was Axel in yukata attire.
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku x DDD Lea (semi-romantic; nothing too serious): My male best friend was Riku. I was DDD/KH3 Lea. We wore casual outfits. It was pretty hard to not laugh from the awkwardness and get good pictures with this pairing. My boyfriend was the one who took the pictures of us, too. XD;;
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku and Kairi: I was Riku. My Kairi was KH2 Kairi. Casual outfits, such as non-KH school attire, were mostly worn.
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku and Sora: I was Riku in casual attire (non-KH school version). My second Sora was KH2 Sora.
gaia_star Vocaloid - Gakupo and Gakupo: My Kairi and I are eggplant twins. My Kairi wore Sandplay attire. I wore Magnet attire.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:26 am
KayaLing
I have done duo/couple and group cosplays, but I shall focus on duo/couple cosplays since it's the topic on hand.

My boyfriend and I have done casual Kingdom Hearts cosplays together (or rather with a group at times). I was Riku and he was Sora. I eventually want to do romantic pairings (couple cosplays) and not friendly (duo cosplays) with him. Some future plans for romantic pairings are:
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Axel x Riku (AkuRiku): My boyfriend would be Axel. I would be Riku. This pairing can be in casual or Organization XIII coat attire.
gaia_star Soul Eater - Stein x Medusa: My boyfriend already has a Stein cosplay. I have yet to get a Medusa cosplay.

Most duo cosplays involve my Kairi and I. She is one of a few of my KH/FF cosplaying friends that will do casual/matching outfits with me. Duo cosplays that I've done are:
gaia_star Final Fantasy - Noctis and Tifa: I was Prince Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood) with a silver crown. My Kairi was Lady/Princess Tifa (FFVII). They're cousins in this version due to a headcanon of mine.
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku and Axel: I was Riku in yukata attire. My Axel/Marly was Axel in yukata attire.
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku x DDD Lea (semi-romantic; nothing too serious): My male best friend was Riku. I was DDD/KH3 Lea. We wore casual outfits. It was pretty hard to not laugh from the awkwardness and get good pictures with this pairing. My boyfriend was the one who took the pictures of us, too. XD;;
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku and Kairi: I was Riku. My Kairi was KH2 Kairi. Casual outfits, such as non-KH school attire, were mostly worn.
gaia_star Kingdom Hearts - Riku and Sora: I was Riku in casual attire (non-KH school version). My second Sora was KH2 Sora.
gaia_star Vocaloid - Gakupo and Gakupo: My Kairi and I are eggplant twins. My Kairi wore Sandplay attire. I wore Magnet attire.

Kaya,

Wow that is a lot of Cosplay Couples. I would Love to take Cosplay photos of your Final Fantasy and Soul Eater Couple Cosplays. I'm a big fan of Stein and Tifa!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:06 pm
smithers456
KayaLing

Kaya,

Wow that is a lot of Cosplay Couples. I would Love to take Cosplay photos of your Final Fantasy and Soul Eater Couple Cosplays. I'm a big fan of Stein and Tifa!!

Yeah, it sure is! And it's a list that grows every year or so.

Maybe one day, I'll be able to make it to an American convention that you attend. I would definitely would love to work with you for a photo shoot or just casual picture taking. Although, I'm not sure if my boyfriend and my Kairi would be able to come with me when I do have the chance to go to those conventions. >w<

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 pm
I have two main cosplay partners in crime.

My husband and My sister.

My sister and I did some characters from K (Shiro and Seri)
My husband and I have done Eraserhead and Ms. Joke from MHA and we're currently finishing Mario and Peach form the Mario Series. We have plans to do Kyoya and Renge soon as well.

I do team up with other cosplayers as well. Most of them are long time buddies of mine.
B and I do Fairy Tail and MHA together, but we've talked about Inu-Yasha, Sailor Moon, and a few others.

C and I are talking about doing some Black Clover.

S and I have done Disney Villians.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff