Uncertainty [Zeeana/D'lana]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:57 pm
Sometimes during Zee's free time, she liked to come out to the lake. Usually there was a dragon or two out there, either swimming or getting a bath, and it was always nice to be able to watch them.

They were the lifeblood of the weyr, the few that were left, and her thoughts drifted to the clutch that had just been laid. There hadn't been the shine of a golden queen in the eggs, and unless there was a gold hidden, it would likely be one of the last clutches.

She wasn't sure how she felt about that.

Zee sighed, and glanced out to the water. There was a dragon there, with their rider, and she waved to them from the shore. "Need a hand?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:09 am
With an uncertain future ahead of them D'lana welcomed the simple business of bathing Liarth, scrubbing rough patches on his lovely hide and later smoothing them with oil was soothing in a way few other things were these days. While she might not have thought about it too much a few turns ago now D'lana was always careful in how she prepared things for a full bath; fine soapsand, scrubbing brushes with beautifully carved backs, scented oils.... You had to make the most of every day you had, and appreciate the health and vitality of your dragon. Not everyone was lucky enough to be able to do so.

Liarth had just waded out of the depths of the lake dripping wet to join her in the shallows when they both heard the voice and turned to see who was addressing them. Not recognising them immediately D'lana smiled and beckoned the young woman over. "Thank you, we would welcome a little help. What's your name?"

Sweetheart, who had been hunting little fish a short way off, popped her head up above water with a curious squeak and started to paddle over to see what her person was up to.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:15 pm
When the rider beckoned, Zee grinned, pulling off her boots and then wading into the water. "It's Zeeana," She answered, "but everybody calls me Zee."

Well, not everybody, but it was certainly her favorite of her nicknames. "What are your names?" You'd think that with as few of the dragons as were left she'd know more of them, but she'd never been good with matching names with faces. Not even when they matched up with a dragon.

"Where would you like me to start?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:19 pm
"Please to meet you Zee, and you can start by taking that brush there and working on his shoulder," D'lana replied with a smile. It had bothered her a little at first that people didn't recognise her but she had become used to it now, and done a little soul searching on the matter too. Why should anyone other than Istans recognise her? She hadn't done anything for them, not yet.

"My name is D'lana, Weyrleader of Ista. My bondmate is Liarth," she patted the bronze's shoulder, "and this is Sweetheart."

On cue Sweetheart launched herself out of the water and into the air, but only for as long as it took to glide over to Liarth and land on his back from where she observed Zee with friendly curiosity.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm
TawnyAngel

"Sounds great!" Zee answered cheerfully. She snagged the brush, and started to work on the shoulder. "It's nice to meet you too, Weyrleader."

Guess that'd teach her to volunteer to help out random dragon riders. She didn't normally interact with anyone ranking, but since she had already offered, there was no reason to treat the woman any differently than she would anyone else she offered to help out.

"Let me know if I miss a spot, Liarth."

She smiled at the firelizard, wondering briefly where hers had gotten off to. Even with another firelizard to play with, she knew that Moss wouldn't be anywhere near here. As much as she liked the water, her green disliked it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 pm
Scapanorhynchus

Liarith rumbled in an affable manner and D'lana translated; "He certainly will," with a little smirk at her proud dragon as she started work on his chest; he always let her know if he was unhappy about something, usually either by sulking or with sarcasm.

"So are you a candidate here Zee?" D'lana continued with a curious glance at the young woman she was the right age to be so by the look of her but she could be an apprentice, or have opted out to become lower caverns staff. She couldn't say she'd blame anyone who would avoid the risk of Impressing a dragon that might well die, couldn't blame but would not think well of either.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:50 pm
"That's good." It was always helpful when the dragon was willing to tell when a spot had been missed. She smiled, and then answered the woman's question.
"I'm still a kitchen worker technically," Zee answered cheerfully. "but I've got an open offer to be a candidate again."

She was thinking about it too. Time had helped her grief, and the eggs were certainly deserving of having as many people stand for them as they could get. "There's just a lot to think about, ya know?"

TawnyAngel

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff