Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Acton/Barrows Family ~ Needs Updating *See Note

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:05 pm
Calliandra must have a birth year following her birth date. Thank you. ✔ Essy

The Acton and Barrows Family

A small family that is made up of a divorced couple - a pure-blooded witch and her ex-husband, a Muggle composer. The last member is their daughter. This family is small, and despite the ending of the marriage, they all remain on good terms with each other.

Elisabeth Cathleen Barrows - 42

Fredrick Dalton Acton - 44 - NPC

Calliandra Aileen Acton - 11

Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/21/2017]
Recent updates accepted by: *crew signature*
Accepted characters: Elisabeth [03/21/2017] Calliandra [03/21/2017]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:09 pm
Hi, my name is Elisabeth Cathleen Barrows.

I'm a female.

I'm 42 years old.

My birthday is May 20, 1994

I work in Stunning Stories and Fascinating Facts.

My dream job is what I do now – working in my own bookshop.

My blood status is Pure Blood.

The house I was in was Hufflepuff.

I was in the class of 2011.

I'm interested in guys.

I'm currently single.

People can describe me as very friendly and outgoing. I love to learn new stories, which makes my career as a bookshop owner a good fit. I am also incredibly affectionate, often giving friends and family hugs and kisses on the cheek (I am rather confused by my daughter's preference for personal space, in fact). I am also very impulsive, though I don't like that trait about myself and try to curtail it. I always has a great deal of poise, though that doesn't take away from the ambiance of welcome that surrounds me. I love magic and the power/beauty that accompanies it. I love to laugh, though my dry sense of humor can edge toward cruel if I am not careful. I am always happy to apologize if someone feels offended or hurt, but I am not very good at remembering before I say something. Unable to stand being bored, I am always working on some project at the shop.

My background story is I grew up as a proper young lady and the youngest child and only daughter of the Barrow family, a pure blooded family who make our home near the beaches of East Sussex. My parents, Valerian Kai Barrows and Theodora Niamh Barrows were thrilled with a little girl, even if my brothers (Vervain Richard and Larkspur Grahame) were not as thrilled. Spending a lot of my childhood in private lessons, I learned to love stories and social time, periods when I didn't have to worry about my performance Charming people was simple for me, as long as I didn't joke around too much, and I enjoyed time spent with other children. I attended Hogwarts as a Hufflepuff, and I ended her school career with seven NEWTs, and three O's. Throughout school, she played Quidditch with her brothers, though I wasn't very good at it. For my graduation, my parents bought me a dachshund, which she named Peavyne. After school I married a Muggle composer, Fredrick Dalton Acton. We had a daughter together, named Calliandra, but we divorced when she was six over disagreements about how much Calliandra should be taught to rely on magic as well as my reliance on magic. Though we ended our relationship, we remain good friends, and we both work to ensure Calliandra spends time with both of us. I do most of the raising of Calliandra, but I takes her regularly to her father's home and the Muggle world in general. After the divorce, I moved back to East Sussex, opening a bookshop in Brighton called Stunning Stories and Fascinating Facts (Double S Double F for short), where I now works. Two years after the divorce, I adopted a German Shepherd that my daughter named Cogsworth. I very much enjoy my work in the shop, and I spend most of my time working in the shop and homeschooling my daughter. I is now preparing to send my daughter off to school, already nervous about spending so much time without my little girl.

I enjoy reading, talking, listening to music, playing cards, animals, theater, and children.

I despise math, boredom, grapes, isolation, and sodas.

I'm afraid of loneliness and pain.

My strengths are my charisma.

My flaws are my lack of mathematics ability and my inability to keep my mouth shut.

I look like Holly Gagnier.

My wand is a supple, knobby wand of elm wood with a dragon-heartstring core, measuring ten and a half inches long.

My pets are Peavyne, and dachshund and Cogsworth, a German Shepherd.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy: A
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Herbology: E
History of Magic: A
Potions: E
Transfiguration: O
Care of Magical Creatures: E
Cursebreaking: O
Mythology: E

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Herbology: A
Transfiguration: O
Care of Magical Creatures: E
Cursebreaking: O
Mythology: A

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am a dangerous woman with a home-decorating guide: I change up all the decor in my house at least every two years. Also, I don't have a plant name like the rest of my family because my mother wanted something different (she likes for things to be different in some way, including my name). My father gave in since he didn't expect me to keep the family name anyway. As a woman, he assumed that I would be getting married and changing my name. It did happen that way, to a degree.  

Caedmon68

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:09 pm
Hi, my name is Calliandra Aileen Acton

But I mostly go by Lia or Ladybug (only my mom uses the latter).

I'm a female.

I'm 11 years old.

My birthday is September 8.

My dream job is a Healer. Or a Potions Master. Or a Researcher. I am still thinking about it.

My blood status is half-blood.

I am currently a first year student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The house I'm in is Slytherin.

I'm interested in guys, I think.

I'm currently with nobody but myself, and I am very happy like that!

People can describe me as I like to stay quiet and watch others. I am more interested in knowing information than sharing it, and I often lose interest after compiling new ideas. I also like to know all the gossip and talk, though I don't often share with others. I also like to study a lot, and I am proud of my work in school. I suppose most people would say that I am overly studious (I think it is just right). I am determined to show myself to be the best student Hogwarts has seen in recent memory, and I an eager to learn everything about everything. I love all of my friends, though I don't have many, and I will help them in a second if they ask for it. I don't have time to deal with stupid people, and most people are stupider than me. I think that is part of the reason I have such a hard time making new friends; people just aren't smart enough.

My background story is I was raised mostly by my Pureblood mother, Elisabeth Cathleen Barrows who divorced my father, Fredrick Dalton Acton, when I was six. I do visit my father in the Muggle World frequently, and I enjoy Muggle music, which my father, a composer indulges. I own a nice violin, which I practice on religiously, having started lessons at five. I was home-schooled by my mother, who juggled teaching me and working as a bookshop owner. I spent most of my time studying, playing with my mother's pet dogs (Peavine and Cogsworth), and having my own private dance parties with my mother's record collection. My mother and I live in East Sussex, and I have always loved Apparition because it made it possible to spend more time with my father in London. I have always loved the city and I wonder if I could live there someday, though I would miss all the space of my home. I have had a solitary childhood but a happy one, by my degree of personal time has made me very nervous about attending a boarding school with lots of other students.

I enjoy music, reading, puzzles, sweets, animals, and hearing new pieces of gossip.

I despise impulsive actions, strangers, sports, stupidity, being the center of attention, early mornings, and carrots.

I'm afraid of looking like a fool and being wrong.

My strengths are detailed work and research.

My flaws are social skills and anything that requires physical labor or agility.

I look like Ashlyn Faith Williams.

My wand is a nine and a quarter inch wand of acacia wood with a griffin hair core, bendy with a spiraled shaft.

My dream pet is a raven. I want to name him Hayden.

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
I haven't taken any yet!

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
I haven't taken them yet!  
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out