{PRP}Blues and Bubbly Pies {L'saen x Rinis}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 pm
Duke Edward Drake

As a candidate, her turn in the kitchen allowed her a special inside to up coming things. Last turn she'd offered to help make bubbly pies for her next round in the kitchen. They were a favorite with practically everyone. Herself included. So her offer had been widely encouraged.

To implement her plan it had taken to asking for a ride to the nearest berry patches from a rider friend. Rinis had ask L'saen and his Solouth to carry her there and back with the berries. The day before she was due to make the berries, Rinis scheduled the day and time to go. She'd borrowed riding gear from the section master, and gathered as many baskets as she could.

The candidate race down to the open ground. Jacket and baskets flapping at her sides as she ran, panting. She'd gotten held up with a minor chore and had to see it completed. Running up to her waiting friend and blue she panted out a hurried apology. "I'm so sorry I'm late L'saen and Solouth! I got held up, I didn't mean to keep you waiting."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm
L'saen smiled at the harried candidate, "To be sure its no rush, just a fine thread free day, besides I would wait hours for the promise of bubbly pies on the morrow." He patted the inquisitive dragon nose that was snooping around his pocket looking for sausage rolls. "You are not supposed to have those, its a secret you great pest." Solouth hummed at him and continued to pinpoint the location of the sausage rolls.

"Don't mind him, hes not spoiled at all." L'saen rolled his eyes and helped Rinis with her packages. "Plenty of room, and I always do enjoy getting out of the Weyr, open skies, berries potentially pirates all in a good day's fun."

He helped her up onto the neck ridges before swinging up behind her. "Just let me know when you are settled an we will be aloft."

magnadearel

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 pm
Duke Edward Drake

Rinis gave a breathless laugh. Not even a rider was immune to bubbly pies. "Then you shall be the first to have one fresh from the oven." It was no less than he deserved for helping out her anyhow! She could now rest assured that he would show up for his pie. Her gaze rested fondly on the blue as he nosed his rider. "He's got a nose for treats. Should I save one for him too?" She laughed fondly at the dragon.

"I wouldn't dream of it, L'saen." It was only a matter of moments to get her stuff secured on the dragon. She swung her jacket on, then promptly found herself astride the blue. Rinis patted his soft neck as his rider swung up behind her. She fastened her straps and gave him a thumbs up then grabbed on securely.

The young woman wasn't afraid of falling or falling off. Just the motion on a dragon could be unpredictable. It was best to be prepared, and she knew her friends wouldn't let her fall.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm
magnadearel

"You can try to feed him one, I would love to see the look on his face, I don't know if they like berries, I've never tried. Meat however he does like the spicier the better, I have a weird dragon." He grinned behind her and patted the cloudy hide.

Rinis was an intrepid young lady which spoke positively for her future should she impress. "So are you going to go for a blue?" he asked her sweetly. He knew that it wasn't the color one chose, the personality was the be all end all and in the end the dragon chose the rider not the other way around. "Blue is a good color..the color of bubbly pies."

He asked Solouth to take them aloft and grinned with glee as he did everytime his dragon took off. The almighty initial down sweep and leap into the air. A few flaps upward and he asked to go between after warning his passenger preemptively.

They popped out near the beaches which would be full of berries, he loved visiting the beaches so he had been delighted when a gathering task came up.

Solouth landed neatly as only the smaller greens and blues could do. Utmost precision. L'saen unpacked and stretched his back before rubbing his dragon's eye ridges. "Ahh sweet freedom."

She flies well. Solouth noted.

"She does indeed, well done Rinis, you fished a compliment out of the old blue."  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm
Duke Edward Drake

That raised an interesting question. Dragons ate meat. That was a given. She's never seen one interested in non-meat. "Well it isn't that big. It should probably be enough to give him a hint of a taste. If he wants to try one that is." She was game for the experiment if they were! "Hardly weird L'saen! I know people have different tastes, so why can't dragons?" She chuckled.

"Blue is an excellent color. Honestly, I don't care about color. All I want is a happy healthy dragon all my own." She knew better than to risk her hopes on a particular color. The dragon would make the decision anyhow. No matter what color he or she was, Rinis knew the dragon would be perfect for her. How could she ask any more than that from her dragon?

She laughed. "How dare you compare your dragon to a bubbly pie! Are you going to let him get away with this Solouth?!" Rinis caught her breath as the blue took them up to the skies. She loved riding dragons. How much better could it be on her own? In mere moments, they were at the berry patches. Oh the convenience of dragons.

With a practiced eye she evaluated the berry patches. There looked to be enough so long as there was no undue spoilage. This was going to be a nice day. A break from her regular routine and chores. Rinis slid down his leg, and gave his shoulder a friendly slap. "Thanks for the pleasant ride Solouth." She accepted her baskets down.

The young woman flushed, as L'saen relayed the compliment, but not the details. "Well he's not that old. I'd better get started." She moved into the nearest patch that had enough berries to make it worth while. While a break, this was still going to be work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:15 pm
magnadearel

L'saen smiled, this girl was smarter than people thought she was, more the loss for them! And a delight for himself and his dragon. "I am game for finding out if you are." It would be interesting to see what Solouth did after all. He would certainly be excited to see if this young lady impressed at the next hatching. He grinned as he wondered if she might be gold material.

Solouth nudged him. A queen would be intimidating.

"You could handle it."

Oh sure, its not like you have a wingspan longer than my body.

"Ahem."

The blue hummed sweetly at the girl and amused himself by following her around and peering at her doings.

L'saen sighed happily and flopped down in the sand for a moment. "Rinis, before you start, you could relax a little, there is no one to spy on us here. Its good to just take a break and let all the guards down. I won't tell."  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 pm
Duke Edward Drake

"Deal. I'll save you both one." She winked at the pair. They were good friends. Rinis focused on gathering berries for several minutes. She hoped a taste of non-meat wouldn't hurt the dragon. Maybe to be safe she'd ask the healers tonight. His words almost went in one ear and out the other before she realized he'd said something. Rinis looked at him with wide eyes.

"I can handle what? Oh, were you talking to Solouth? Sorry!" That was embarrassing. It was sometimes awkward when riders spoke outloud to their dragons. It was so confusing on who the rider was talking to. Oh well. She smiled as the blue hummed at her. "In a good mood Solouth? Happy to be out of your weyr?" She laughed as he watched her picking the berries. "These are going into your treat tomorrow."

Rinis glanced at the berries already in her basket as he said she didn't need to start right away. "Well.... I suppose a sort rest wouldn't hurt. I do need to make sure I get enough though." She set her half full basket into the shade and strolled down to the beach, taking her shoes off. The candidate let out a sigh as the cool waves washed over her feet. Warm sun on her shoulders and cool water on her feet; a friend to share it with. This day was perfect.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games