Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Out of Reach (Tethys x Krisis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:24 am
[This is the one where he's at his worst injured, the rest I'll assume he's patched up and getting better]
User Image

He was alive... again.

The injuries were similar, but on this occasion he had managed to get away with slightly less. The end of this game had been the same as the last though, the moment he had thought he was close to his quarry, he had been wiped out. He didn't know how or why, but he just didn't seem to be very good at that last bit. Consequently he had now become the proud owner of yet more wounds that had taken him out of the race.

On the same vain, he was once again in the middle of nowhere. Or perhaps he would rephrase, he was in a land he had absolutely no concept of. This was nowhere that he had been before, nothing was familiar to him... and from that he could assume that he had been left here deliberately. Wherever he was had either been close to where he had been trailed, or it was close to whomever had been the unfortunate recipient of the order to 'heal' him.

Or perhaps no order was required on this occasion given that he was fairly confident that he could walk himself...

Or not.

The moment he attempted to rise to his feet it appeared one leg in particular was more than happy to protest.

"Oh for gods sake," he muttered in exasperation.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am
User Image

The guards were.. on guard.

It seemed that an unknown individual had shown up over night appearing to be maimed in ways that hadn't been seen before, not near the likes of such a friendly pride. So of course the first order tossed out to fall on the ears of the pride was to stay away and be weary until they gave the all clear - Krisis had no plan to follow such orders and thus she found her way to the location that, fortunately for her, become part of the rumors fluttering about.

Wings brought the goddess speedily to the scene - she was near bursting with curiosity. "For gods sake?" She mused out loud, landing nearby but out of immediate sight for an attempt at a slightly more dramatic entrance.

"What happened to you?"

Her eyes narrowed and brows furrowed. It was clear the goddess wasn't entirely concerned for his survival.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:58 am
He knew those muffled thumps, it sounded similar to the way his mother often made an entrance and while he couldn't see her, he assumed that she had jumped down from some sort of ledge. He wasn't entirely sure which ledge, but whoever it was had been at a height for a time. What came next, appeared to be a decision to speak to him, querying his blasphemy first...and then as expected, the state of his person.

"A lot," he replied vaguely to the unseen female and shook his head. "Caverns full of flame, some more sulfur because they really seem to like that s**t, spikey floors - although this time there were no landslides so I do have that one going for me, which is nice," he listed off what he could vaguely recall and squinted. "That phantom is going to get a cactus shoved up his a** once I find him," he concluded.

By the sound of his voice, it was clear that he was going to live, even if he looked to be a touch mangled.

...He had been through worse after all.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:18 am
Krisis wondered for a brief moment if she should have come in a mortal form - it was a truly brief thought that disappeared as quickly as it had reappeared. The need for such a form was lost on her, until there was a chance to have a bit of fun.

"A lot doesn't tell me a thing." Her tone turned sour at his vague response, but she had been famous for reacting to quickly - this situation was no different as she began to hear his list. "..." The goddess, who was always one to chatter on a million words a minute, was stunned to silence.

Her voice returned to her, but only because she had more questions. "Why would anyone want to do that to you? What is a phantom, why would you want to shove a cactus up their a**?" The goddess' youth shone through as she spoke, almost muttering the word a**. She'd been raised alongside many within the Intaba and none had spoken like this, typically they watched their words - depending upon who she spoke to.

"Also.. what's a cactus?"

Krisis knew enough to know it was a plant, but not much more.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 am
Somebody was being inquisitive.

"Well aren't you a curious one," Tethys remarked, his snide remark sliding off him like water on a ducks back. If Krisis had known where he came from and the women who had been a part of his life for so long, she might have realised why. Thus he didn't seem to take any offence and his tone remained just as relaxed as it always had, well relaxed with a smattering of pain, he was good but he wasn't that good.

"You know the first sign of madness is talking to yourself," he continued as he readjusted his position and pulled himself to his feet properly. He was definitely favouring one leg, electing not to place any weight on it entirely, but at least he could walk now. "I'm trying to decide if talking to 'thin air' would fall in to this category," he mused.

"Fortunately I wasn't born yesterday and I know that whomever you are, you're hiding out of sight, so before I answer any more of your questions perhaps you would be so kind as to show yourself."

He paused.

"That way I'll know I'm not talking to something that shouldn't be privy to this particular information."

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:55 am
Gracefully she moved to present herself.

Wings grazed the grounds surface lightly as they hung almost lazily at her side their brown tips gathering up a puff of snow here and there. Green pet stood out incredibly against the much paler landscape and the adornments of flowers/a tiara appeared even a touch flashy.

"We know about madness here, you don't appear to be so destined for an early death. Unless it is madness that lead you to this particular state." Krisis spoke as she made her way over to the male who had readjusted himself, but had begun to favor certain limbs. "Privy to what information? Even if I wasn't do you think you could stand another attack in this state?"

The goddess scoffed, a look of concern flashed in her eyes, but faded rapidly. There was a reason she hadn't taken to healing, a majority of the time healing meant fixing someone who made a choice to be beaten, what kind of choice was that? Those choices rendered her nearly useless to this injured individual, but she wasn't about to give up that information, yet.

"So, I've presented myself. Now, will you answer my questions? Or shall I fetch a guard to bring you to our healers."

As much as she hadn't intended that to sound like a threat it came out like one.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 am
If she hadn't expected surprise at her appearance, she didn't get it. He'd seen the wings, the pretty trinkets, and the overall grace of a deity before, thus he seemed to treat her arrival with about as much interest as a normal feline. The fact she wasn't a specific set of colours was the only thing that he seemed to express relief at.

"Not madness, just phantoms."

Now that she had chosen to reveal herself, he would keep up his end of the bargain. She was quite the snippy one, pretty, but snippy. Perhaps they were all this curt around here and he would simply have to put up with it until he was somehow guided back down the slope. That aside, offers to meet with a healer were rather tempting, he could have used a couple of the balms to at least aid in his recovery.

"They're not particularly nice individuals and I happen to fit in with their interests," he murmured vaguely. "Fortunately you don't, so you're completely safe," he reassured her. "Given I do fit in with their interests however, they're rather partial to trying to kill me, it makes for some rather interesting days...weeks," he paused.

"Actually what date is it?"

Another very brief pause.

"And a cactus is a very hard, spikey plant... It has little needles in it that hurt when you happen to bash someone in the face with it." Clearly he wasn't one to watch his words.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:16 pm
The goddess was openly disappointed at his lack of enthusiasm at her appearance. Krisis knew she was impressive and was used to a world where her presence meant something, though she supposed like her mortal friends, if he saw gods or dealt with them regularly the effect might wear off. "You have seen a god or two in your day?" She asked, wiping the disappoint from her face.

"Safe." She scoffed at the idea of a mortal threatening her life - in her small world mortals were just that, mortals. She had no fear of them and found it almost a joke that he'd suggest one of his phantoms could do her any harm. "Even if they do try to come it appears as though I have a big strong lion to take care of me." Her tone had become dramatic and a paw raised to her cheek for a pose.

"You can't have been here that long - you'd have been coated in the elements during a weeks time. Though if you must know you arrived here while the moon was at half." It was truly the best she could offer.

"Ah, so a threat is very real when suggesting to shove it into another individuals various orifices."

Krisis nodded, pondering on the new knowledge.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:25 pm
"My mother," he replied dismissively. In those moments it should have been very apparent that he didn't place any weight in the words. He had been raised to prove himself worthy and the blood of his mother didn't guarantee that. Thus he and his sibling had been very determined to keep that knowledge as quiet as possible in their new home. They hadn't known whether the Stormborn would treat them differently or not, so far they hadn't, but even then they had kept their lineage muted.

"Harvest, I believe," he added as an after thought, though he doubt that Krisis would have met her. His mother seemed to favour the coastal regions and jungles nearby, she'd rarely spoken of the mountains in her own travels.

"And I wouldn't rely on me to protect you," he chastised the deity, yet more proof that he held little regard for the status she might have in this pride. "I can't even fight more than one by myself at the moment," he snorted bitterly and motioned with his paw. "But as I said you're not what they're looking for so it doesn't really matter, the point in moot in relation to your own concerns."

"...But yes a cactus is a very real threat," he smirked. "I just have to persuade someone to go and collect one for me."

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:52 pm
"Ah. Oooh."

A realization washed over her at the reality of having a mother as a goddess. It was something she'd grown to know over time that typically those born of god parents were gifted with sight. She said nothing though. The prides views and her views differed at that point as she had often wondered why individuals would be given such a gift, but the gift was only favored in a certain kind, but not all? It wasn't an opinion she voiced.

"Unfortunately I'm not familiar with her, thought it'd be nice to meet her." Krisis offered politely.

"Protect me? Ha!" Sarcasm soaked the response. "You only wish you could offer such a service. Petty mortal." With that her wings tucked up a little tighter and she was glaring now, the glare intensified at his smirk, regardless what the smirk may be for. "I'd very much like to stuff a cactus down your throat at this point, mind sharing where I may find one?"

The dramatic and feeble decided to take on a more dark and deadly appearance. She'd not felt like this before and had never anticipated a hate so severe to flourish from such a moment of innocent curiosity, but here she was.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:48 pm
He still wasn't effected by her behaviour, even as she attempted to be snide. In fact, when she called him a 'petty mortal' he found himself laughing. It might have hurt his chest but by the gods was it worth it; she really was a confident little thing, even he knew gods could bleed if enough was thrown at them. Everything was mortal to an extent.

"My mother prefers the term 'ageless', rather than immortal," he pointed out smoothly, indicating that even his mother had the capacity to acknowledge her own mortality. "No doubt she would enjoy meeting you, she has a natural curiosity towards everyone and everything," he concluded. Whether Krisis would be as humourous with his mother wasn't for him to know, but she was certainly opinionated enough to rival his sibling... And kluna... and basically every other female he'd ever met in the stormborn.

"However I personally don't do well in servitude," he paused as he made himself more comfortable. "I have difficulty following uneducated and rash decisions," he pointed out. Had any of his tutors heard that, the irony wouldn't have escaped them.

"That being said, I have no intention of giving you the location to any cacti any time soon," he raised a brow. "Why would I give a weapon to one of my biggest fans? That would put me at a bit of a disadvantage." he asked curiously. He knew he had hit some sort of nerve on the pretty little thing, apparently he wasn't the only one with quite a bit of pride in him!

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm
That glare never changed, in fact it became worse as he began to laugh at her. The lack of reaction was killing her and even worse, it began to calm her down. This mortal was working some weird form of magic on her, she didn't relax entirely, but she did loosen up the glare that had begun to wrinkle her face.

"Ageless." Her tone was sharp and quick. Did she want to meet this goddess now? Of course she did, but she wouldn't admit to it. "Whatever, if your Mother wants to then fine." Krisis slid down to a lay before him and even stretch a small amount.

After stretching and simply glaring at him while he spoke she smirked a small amount. "You probably wouldn't be a good servant anywho and besides rash decisions can be fun." Krisis ignored the uneducated comment, she couldn't truly argue that point.

"One day I'll find myself cactus." The smile remained. "You wouldn't want to disappoint her, that's why."

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:41 pm
"Oooooh no no no," he waved his paw from side to side at her remarks. "You see, Little Deity," he began as he swept around her. "I've been through something similar to this before, and you may have a very pretty face, but I have a certain measure of self preservation," he pointed out. He grinned as she took a seat, even he could see she was loosening up a little be, she might have barked a lot like a tiny dog, but she didn't bite.

"Where I come from I have some rather unique healers and just like you, they love nothing more than to demonstrate their abilities through very unsympathetic means," he mused. "I think on this occasion I'm more than comfortable with disappointing you," he said with a small laugh. A cactus down any orifice wouldn't benefit him in any way, even if Krisis might get a kick out of it. Suffice it to say that he suspected this fiesty little lady would very much enjoy the company of some of the Stormborn.

...Best he not advise her to visit.

"I don't mind rash decisions when they don't get me killed," he added after a moment or two. "But I get the sneaking suspicion you would be the type to get me killed, so perhaps we can arrange for you to display your spontaneity another time, or simply in a less deadly way, no?"

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:36 pm
Krisis listened with a half smile at his statement, though 'little deity' irked her a touch. Still her patience to hear him out was rewarded and she laughed a boomed, yet feminine laugh, that would likely startle anyone not anticipating it. "So you've had previous lessons in this sort of thing, hm?" She was incredibly amused by this and the idea of leaving here this day to visit these healers was something that had definitely crossed her mind. If even to give a swift 'high five' or share a meal.

"A cactus wouldn't kill you."

She suggested with a giggle. "Though if you mean beyond that, then I suppose you might be right, a lot of my rash decisions end up in the air. I can't be sure that I won't drop you and so we can keep to the ground and I can save a majority of my rash choices for another day."

"You just have to promise me that one day we'll meet again for that to happen." Krisis gave a dangerous grin that suggested she may already have something in mind, something that she intended to keep secret for the time being. "For now, we ought to get you some attention for those wounds. Can't have you becoming infected and dying on me now."

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:44 pm
"It would if you tried hard enough," he corrected the goddess with a grin. She was much, much prettier when she laughed, though he had to admit she came across well no matter how moody she might be. Suffice it to say that the lioness was simply one of those lucky females, probably one who would cause jealousy among others.

"Ah but the benevolence finally shines through," he feigned a swoon and cast a sidelong glance towards the female. "Medical assistance would be very much appreciated, even if it's to drug me up on enough painkillers to walk far enough to my camp," he confirmed, his tone filled with gratitude.

...He was all for good humour, but he was also realistic as well.

"Just lead the way and I'll hobble pitifully behind you," he finished with a pained grunt as he forced himself back to his feet. They'd have at least something to help him, all healers seemed to have something up their sleeves no matter where they were...

Mysses Greenie
And fin!

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces