[SRP] Brotherhood (Solomon x Tethys)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:26 pm
User Image

It was safe to say that the architect had been subject to quite the flurry of activity, to put it simply, his mother had chattered his ear off. She had come in thick and fast, plenty of kisses, a few cuddles, and then she had spoken so fast that he had felt like his head was spinning. It had taken him a while to figure out what on earth she had been talking about, and it was only as she had begun chattering inanely about something else (plants probably), that it had finally dawned on him.

The first piece of information was that he had new siblings. They were half-siblings, they didn't share the same father... This meant that it was highly likely that his mother hadn't managed to locate Spectre. His response to this news was decidedly muted, while he certainly had concern for his father there was only a very limited amount that he could do for him... Spectre had always been somewhat strange and undeniably paranoid.

The second, was that his brother had been here at least once and was likely to show up again... So would he be a dear and say hello. Admittedly, he had to admit that his curiosity had been piqued, though he had raised a brow when it had been made apparent that he was one of the Vikings. Honestly his mother was surprisingly good at creating almost paradoxical encounters, the Bahari and the Stormborn were nothing alike. Nevertheless, Solomon had made a note to keep an eye out for any reports that the Vikings had returned again. He would at least seek out his brother to offer his greetings, it had been a while since he had seen any siblings.

However, the lion had no intentions of leaving the pride to pursue him and instead he had went about his normal duties. Thus, he would be found in much the same spot as he always was, carefully digging out trenches so that better dens might be constructed once a solid foundation had been laid.

It was hard labour, but someone had to do it, they couldn't all laze about on the beach all day!

Words: 363

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:27 pm
User Image

He had assumed he was going to simply lie on the beach all day and contemplate every little thing that had happened to him so far. However, following his brief encounter with Ram, he found himself wandering in the direction of the individual who was supposed to be his brother. He'd forgotten the name, but one of the Bahari had been generous enough to provide him with an ample enough description to recognise him - better still, he had also been provided with the location as well.

...A 'construction site' for want of a better description.

The description turned out to be apt as he wandered towards it, stepping over a variety of foundations that had yet to be completed. Each was unique, and Tethys assumed at an immediate glance that each of these foundations appeared to be the blueprints for a different building. However each of these buildings was at the very least the same size - the shapes may have varied, but each was clearly designed to share the same function.

Homes, perhaps?

Tethys's curiosity was piqued, the labour required to construct these buildings clearly wasn't efficient, and yet here they were. He was beginning to appreciate that the Bahari truly did have a preference for beauty and comfort, as opposed to simple efficiency and convenience. There was something to be said for that, even if he regarded it as somewhat impractical.

Nevertheless it wasn't long before he caught sight of the white lion in the distance - with the multicoloured wings clearly visible he had little doubt that this was the one he was looking for, even if he did seem a tad preoccupied.

"Rumour has it that we're related," he announced his presence at last.

Words: 286

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm
"You must be Tethys," Solomon acknowledged his brother's presence without looking round. He was too preoccupied with shifting the logs he had acquired into place, if he didn't get them just right they would become unstable and potential collapse on top of someone at a later date. Given the large number of young families they had acquired recently, this wasn't exactly something he was comfortable with. One could even go so far as to say that he had started to take extra precautions.

Eventually he did finish and it was then that he turned to face the Viking, inquisitive grey eyes locking on to the unmistakable green eyes. Evidently he had gotten the colour from his father, the peculiar markings too, but the eyes... They were definitely his mother's.

"I've been hearing a fair amount about you," he tossed the spare twigs to the side and released a sigh. Taking a seat, he gave a roll of his shoulders and regarded the lion for a moment or two longer. "Not all of it good," he added with a wry smile. "It would appear you've made some unpleasant acquaintances - I'm sure you can imagine what that has done to our mother," he paused.

"Welcome to the Bahari, albeit again, to what do we owe the pleasure on this occasion?" He queried.

"I don't imagine that this is a call simply to acquaint yourself with your other siblings."

Words: 236

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm
"And you must be -" Tethys winced and shook his head. "I don't recall your name," he confessed and released a sigh. This would be a moment in which his mother would have smacked him upside the head for a lack of manners. Alas, at least he was man enough to admit when he was out of his depth, even if it did display a certain lack of consideration...

"However it seems that everyone has been hearing a significant amount of detail about me and I find myself regularly at a loss for how they are hearing it," he frowned as he regarded the male. Solomon had obviously received his information from their mother, but when it came to the others he had met, he rather felt like he was a puppet on strings. Paranoia may have been setting in, but he was almost inclined to believe he was part of some sort of game.

"You can imagine that it's getting a little tiresome," his tone was snide as he took a seat, truthfully, he sounded more like a petulant child in those moments but it had been a rather long month.

"Nevertheless I wasn't here on a house call, it just...worked out this way," he cast his gaze towards his brother again, even from here his brother radiated with a calmness that he would probably never possess. Honestly, Tethys suspected there was very little that might rile this particular sibling up... "Your King found me and encouraged me to spend less time dwelling on my last few months and more on the present."

"...He advised I take the opportunity to at least meet some of my own flesh and blood."

Words: 280
Words (Tethys): 566

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm
"Solomon," he gave a roll of his eyes, though he didn't appear to take offence. It appeared that a number of the things he had heard had been true and this was to be no exception. However the rest of his brother's remarks did give him pause for thought and after a moment of silence he offered a warm smile. He didn't need to be a genius to know that this particular lion was all but spent, he clear had been through a very rough time and it was starting to take its toll.

"He can be quite insightful," he continued at last and stood up. "At least this way your major concern is the embarrassment of not knowing your brother's name," he chuckled as he strode passed the Captain. "Even though I'm fairly confident our mother would have told you."

He took a small breath and nodded.

"Come on, you'll get no relaxation on my building sight and I could do with some lunch anyway, a good feed can do wonders for morale..."

Words: 174
Total Words (Solomon): 773

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces