Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[SRP - Meta Intro #3] Leave of Absence (Zephyr x Ram)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:28 pm
User Image

She had her doubts about this request, from a self preservation point of view this was probably one of her least intelligent decisions, but there was a niggling in her gut that seemed to push her on. For some reason she had decided to trust this lion and it wasn't simply because he had been darkened her doorway on the King's instructions. He seemed genuine, and for the time being his intentions seemed pure; whatever he was facing was a cause for concern and logically speaking if she was to help develop things to counteract some of their weapons then it would be advantageous to the Bahari'mtoto.

...Still, while explaining that to Ram wouldn't be hard, ensuring that he let her go with the Captain was going to be the hard part. Suffice it to say that there was little doubt in her mind that her King would also have considerable concerns regarding these Vikings.

Nevertheless she had been in these positions before and she had come out unscathed, if anyone was going to go anywhere it was going to be her. She was the ideal candidate, and something in her reassured her that for now the white male was being honest. As it stood she would be safe in his company and she would be returned to her home, as this was the only way to resolve this current issue, she would have to do her best to persuade Ram.

Granted, her version of persuasion was more along the lines of...

"Ram I need to visit the Vikings," she announced, shrugging off the fussiness of the guards as she strode into the lions den, fortunately Hima wasn't present or she might have had to show some humility for her intrusion. "And on this occasion I won't take no for an answer, it's vital that I do so."

Words: 308

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:31 pm
User Image

She blew in like a hurricane as she was often wont to do, and he looked up from what he had been working on in surprise. Unsurprisingly, when he realised who it was his expression soon settled into amusement. If there was anyone brave enough to make demands of him, who wasn't directly related to him, it was this particular lioness. He'd known her since the very moment he'd become a part of this pride and she had grown up to be quite a force of nature... Thus, her dramatic entrances were something he could take in his stride nowadays.

"Zephyr," he acknowledged in greeting, even as she spoke over him. She hadn't practiced this speech but he knew where it was going. When the pink lioness had her mind set on something, it was very difficult to dissuade her of otherwise. That being said, the Captain certainly had to have honeyed words if he was persuading her to walk right into dangerous territory.

"Why would I let you go in to an area where we cannot necessarily get you out again?" he enquired and leaned back, regarding her with unreserved curiosity. He spoke the truth as well, the Bahari simply didn't have the capacity to storm a pride and retrieve anything. They were peaceful by nature, to assume they could build a large and strong enough army to sweep across the land was ridiculous... Nor did Ram really see the point in investing in such a project.

...Though defense was something on his radar.

"I said they could receive help here specifically so that we did not have to send anyone to them, your declaration rather defeats the purpose of that stipulation," he pointed out.

Words: 286

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:10 pm
"You have met this Captain, right?" she asked, though as per usual she didn't wait for his response. Generally speaking, when Zephyranthes was on a roll it was a good idea to assume that all questions were rhetorical. On the rare occasions she would pause for an answer, it would usually be followed up by a 'well?' as confirmation that your input was required!

"He does not strike you as the type to have the relative skill sets surely?" she shook her head. "The male is most assuredly not competent in the ways of alchemy and to expect him to recall all the information and answer any outstanding questions is ridiculous." she raised a paw and then lowered it, pacing back and forwards as she was often known to do. It seemed that she was able to express herself much more clearly if she followed her paws along the floor, it was almost as if the words were written there.

"Frankly, to assume one such as he could absorb and appreciate all the nuances is absurd," she paused and cleared her throat. "I do not dispute his diplomacy but the only individuals he believes to have the competencies I have requested are seated at the heart of the Stormborn and they are generally not granted permission to leave, I assume this is due to their value -"

Another pause.

"I however live in a land with a benevolent and progressive King who will surely appreciate that on occasions it is necessary to work with individuals," she 'ahemed' softly. "More importantly, if they are competent then it is highly likely they will have to come here anyway, if they have not found the solution in their lands, then it would seem they do need to come here for a time," she raised both eyebrows.

"So I would expect to be home reasonably quickly." She took a breath. "I assume we are on the same page, yes?"

Words: 324
Total Words (Zephyr): 632

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 pm
"Zephyranthes if I was not on the same page as you I am confident you would ensure I would be in a matter of seconds," Ram couldn't help but look amused by the pacing female. This was how these calls always went, she had made a decision and she was going to do it with or without his approval. Well, generally she sought his approval and would remain here until he conceded, he couldn't recall a time when she had gone against a 'no', but he'd really never had the opportunity to say 'no'.

"Please ensure that you do not insult the Captain again just in case you end up in his bad books though," he pointed out with a raised eyebrow. While she might be safe in here, knowing her nature, she did have the potential to blurt something out in private and it might very well backfire. He had every confidence in her ability but even she might forget herself at some point and that would lead to some very unfortunate events indeed.

"However I am going to assume this was less about requesting my permission and more about informing me of your intentions," he pursed his lips and brushed the trinket he had been carving with his claw to his side. Since becoming a father he had spent quite a lot of his time creating small toys for his offspring and there were certainly plenty of offspring to be kept busy with!

"By your manner of speaking I am going to assume you are aware of the risks and you are taking a gamble," he approached the lioness and placed his paw on her shoulder. "Your mother would end me if anything were to harm you, but we both know you have achieved great things before," he sighed.

"Be careful," he ordered and released his grip. "And come home quickly, I will be more comfortable with them here under our terms where they can be expelled, rather than lose one of our own through what may be a foolish gamble," he murmured.

It was with a wry smile that he was subject to her exasperated reassurances and then she took her leave, though he was genuine in his concerns. When she said 'quickly', that was exactly what he was going to hope for, he wanted weeks rather than months, less if possible...

Words: 395
Total Words (Ram): 681

Epine de Rose

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas