Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kitsusagi - old

Back to Guilds

A guild for the Kitsusagi B/C Shop 

Tags: kitsusagi, roleplay, breeding, customs 

Reply Shop Discussions
[PROPOSAL] Cosplay Search Wait Period (OPEN for Discussion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsusagi Staff
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 pm
Proposed Change

A DIFFERENT PROPOSAL ON COSPLAYS HAS BEEN POSTED, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

So, this is a new idea that we as staff came up with, and would like the rest of the shop to weigh in on. Please wait to weigh in until the Staff has all weighed in on this issue, that we might be able to put out why we have proposed this change.

The change is this:

Due to the amount of cosplays from the old shops (Mountain and Realm), and the amount that we either do not have images for, or have somehow lost the owner, we are proposing a wait period. This will be called the "Locked Cosplay" rule from here on in. We are proposing a period between 2-5 months of Locking a cosplay that is ASSUMED to have been done at some point. The reason for this is to give the shop as a whole, or the owner of said cosplay, a chance to come forward with image and owner. This allows us to ensure fairness with the new Cosplay rule that was put in to effect, and keeps us from stepping on anyone's toes, and having the issue arise that we have thus far.

Rule:
If a Cosplay is known to be taken, or even assumed to be, there is a MANDATORY "Locking" period of (2-5 months. Final time to be posted once a decision has been reached) in which we offer a chance for shopgoers and staff alike to search for the Owner of said cosplay, or the image. If said cosplay is not found within this amount of time, it is once again considered "Open for Interpretations", and is no longer restricted from use. This also means that if after this period, no image or owner is found, we will not require approval from the original owner, as the owner had not come forwards.

NO CUSTOMER COMMENT AT THIS TIME. STAFF, PLEASE COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:25 pm
Wish, Weighing in

I agree with this proposed change. After the issues that have arisen with our new rule in regards to Cosplay, I think a mandatory wait period for UNKNOWN OWNER cosplay is something that will keep us from running in to said issue. It makes sense to wait a full quarter to me (4 months) before we open the cosplay back up to the public, just to ensure that the entirety of the staff resources, and old guilds, have been hunted through. I intend to assist in the search for missing cosplay so that we don’t accidentally step on toes. We love our shop goers, and I would like to make sure that they all know that we want to be as considerate as possible to their wants and needs.

My opinion is that this rule will help ensure that no one feels as though we've made any arbitrary openings, or that there is a game of favouritism. It opens us up to a world of new possibilities, and allows us a chance to be TRULY FAIR to our customers.

Approval on my part.

TheWishling
Crew

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Manda
Vice Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:43 pm
Manda, Weighing in

I agree with pretty much everything Wish has said! It's a good idea to wait 4 months since that gives everyone time to search for the images/owners of the cosplays. By that point if it hasn't been found, it's not likely to be.

Only thing I'd suggest is that once this discussion is over we announce an official starting date. Like "from today, Dec. 28, if no one comes forward with the image and/or owners of said cosplays" etc etc. Filling in the appropriate date. So there is no confusion on when the 4? month wait starts.

Approvaaallll  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:58 pm
Mythi giving that hella weigh in!

I HAVE NOThING OF VALUE TO WEIGH IN ON SO IM GONNA KEEP THIS SHORT.
Everything looks good to me.
Also yeah though I echo Manda on the date! That way we can get a clear picture of how long someone's been waiting!
I think that it's a great idea overall, though.

Definite approval over here!

Mythi Red Panda

Crew

Star-Crossed Muse

14,025 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:07 pm
At most 2-3 months. No longer for ALL cosplays to be identified. I'd think even if listed if there's no art it might be 'lost' so there's no way to prove it isn't a dupe -- therefor, no image, permission isn't needed.

Though, I do want to point out on the rules side that according to the forum guidelines, we can relax rules on the pets offered and uphold those, but stricter rules are not approvable for older pets before it's implemented -- for example, nobody asked for the older cosplays -- they just went for them.

I just want to make sure that's handled, so consider Red's approval mine, unless she finds rule issues.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm
This is Redbud-Tree, signing in!

Personally, I'm 100% good with the idea of waiting? It's a wait-time that strikes a good balance between ensuring all efforts of finding original owners are taken, while not being so long that those questing for dupes give up and/or get too frustrated.

I do have some recommendations, though.

The first would be to mark cosplays on the list as either Locked or Open, publicly, where it's easily noted and encouraged to check before beginning a quest.

I would also recommend that in the case of the last, there be a place for an activity-check of sorts, so that those who want their cosplay locked can keep it locked so long as they are in the shop or on Gaia - and to give a starting point in time should they leave in order to plan on opening those cosplays up again.

Something like this would ensure that owners who want to keep their cosplays entirely unique could, but as a reward for their persistent presence in the shop?

I have to admit to a lack of understanding as to why this is such a big issue, because dupes aren't the same as rehoming, but as it has been expressed as a major concern for both staff and customers, this is the best balance I can find between everyone's wishes.

Although on a more personal note, so nobody goes on a cosplay-hoarding spree, perhaps it would be a good idea to limit the number of 'locked' cosplays per person?

- Redbud-Tree, signing out  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Kitsusagi Staff
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:41 pm
Current Standing

-Most of Staff agrees on the 4 month wait period
-Cosplay Blanket Permissions are already offered.
-Cosplay of 20% or more difference from the original do not REQUIRE permission, only courtesy if the quester wishes.

Amendments
-Add an official start date. Starting from x Date, all lost kitsu have FOUR MONTHS to be found, or they are considered lost. This means that after the 4 month period, the Kitsu that are not found will be open for any duplicates without owner permission.

THREAD IS NOW OPEN TO SHOP INPUT. READ RULES BEFORE RESPONSE.

Shop Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games