Nashawryn

Ghostly Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:09 pm
Name: Roslyn
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Craft: If applicable.
Physical Description: Platinum blond hair, Violet eyes, short and a bit pudgy
Personality: She's curious to the point of getting herself into trouble, going where she's not supposed to, eves dropping on others. She learns a great deal that she probably shouldn't, and gets caught sometimes but she never repeats what she's heard or learned. She's also bossy, but only in the capacity of her work. She enjoys telling the younger workers what to do, and getting a job done to the elders satisfaction. Roslyn must have everything tidy, to the point of being an obsession. She can't stand to see anything out of place, it breaks her concentration and she will usually go over to whatever is out of place or is set in a way she dislikes and will fix it or put it back where she believes it should belong. She likes drawing in her spare time, what there is of it. If anyone were to go into her cubby room they would likely find a small sand table with designs scrawled onto it.
History: Roslyn grew up near the craft hall with the weaver-craft children but she knew she didn't want to be a weaver. Her father passed away when she was still fairly young and her mother moved them to Fort hold. She was moved to the crafterhall when her mother partnered with a healer from there. Instead of following her mother around helping her, she discovered the headwoman of Healerhall. She found the headwoman's job fascinating and slowly started learning things from her and her assistants. She didn't spend much time with her mother or her stepfather and half-siblings, as she was busy with helping the headwoman and her assistants. It took a good deal of time but she is very close to becoming an assistant to the Headwoman herself.
Other: Not that I can think of.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:11 pm
Nashawryn

Hey Nash!

So this is a good start, but I feel might need a little more development. To start, the Headwoman position is a very big responsibility, especially in a major Hall. This means that the Weaverhall Headwoman likely has multiple assistants, and chances are they are going to have their own assistants and workers beneath them to aid them. I feel if you're going to have her be an assistant at such a major Hall, then she's either going to have to be much older, and worked her way up or her rank will need to be something like a general kitchen worker, and her ambition/goal is to someday be tapped into the assistant role.

If you really want her to be so young and an assistant headwoman, than you might need to move her to a minor cothold or minor hold. A small hold wouldn't have the population of a Major Hall, and I could see that the Headwoman might need to rely more on a smaller group of workers.

However you wish to do it, I just don't really think a major hall would have such a young assistant. Sorry!

Her personality is also a bit short. Could you give us a little bit more detail? For example and/or some possible things to think about: How curious is she? What is she curious about? Does it get her in trouble with her job? Is it a positive trait or more of a negative one? Her bossiness, does that get her in trouble? Does she boss people around because she enjoys it or is it more because she wants control? Does she think of herself as bossy or just making sure things are done right? And what about her tidiness; is this something akin to OCD or ore of just a general preference? What happens when things aren't able to be tidy or are out of place? Furthermore, if these are all negative traits, what are some positive things about her?

Sorry -- we just like to have a little bit more detail so individuals know what sort of character they're going to be interacting with, and we as a shop know a little bit about them.

Other than that, I think my only question is whether or not you actually want her stationed at the Weaverhall in Southern Boll Hold? Or would you be interested in having her be an assistant headwoman somewhere closer to High Reaches Weyr and/or Western Weyr? That's where most of the activity is going to be happening, and I'm unsure how many characters will have a reason to go to the Weaverhall.

We can make it work if that's what you'd like -- it's available and open, but I believe most of the metaplot and activities are probably going to be either in High Reaches Weyr (and its territories) or Western Weyr (and its territories). If you're set on Southern Boll we can definitel make it work. Just wanted to double check.

Good luck!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Nashawryn

Ghostly Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:10 pm
Masterharper
Is this better? It's been a while since I had to make such an in depth character.

Name: Roslyn
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Craft: If applicable.
Physical Description: Platinum blond hair, Violet eyes, short and a bit pudgy
Personality: She's curious to the point of getting herself into trouble, going where she's not supposed to, eves dropping on others. She learns a great deal that she probably shouldn't, and gets caught sometimes but she never repeats what she's heard or learned. She's also bossy, but only in the capacity of her work. She enjoys telling the younger workers what to do, and getting a job done to the elders satisfaction. Roslyn must have everything tidy, to the point of being an obsession. She can't stand to see anything out of place, it breaks her concentration and she will usually go over to whatever is out of place or is set in a way she dislikes and will fix it or put it back where she believes it should belong. She likes drawing in her spare time, what there is of it. If anyone were to go into her cubby room they would likely find a small sand table with designs scrawled onto it.
History: Roslyn grew up near the craft hall with the weaver-craft children but she knew she didn't want to be a weaver. Her father passed away when she was still fairly young and her mother moved them to Fort hold. She was moved to the crafterhall when her mother partnered with a healer from there. Instead of following her mother around helping her, she discovered the headwoman of Healerhall. She found the headwoman's job fascinating and slowly started learning things from her and her assistants. She didn't spend much time with her mother or her stepfather and half-siblings, as she was busy with helping the headwoman and her assistants. It took a good deal of time but she is very close to becoming an assistant to the Headwoman herself.
Other: Not that I can think of.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:36 am
Nashawryn

Approved!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Approved Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items