Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:54 am
User Image

Nope. No. Nope.

The voice in his head just didn't sound as convincing as Dione had been and so it was no surprise that he found himself in the most common area to obtain a drink - this wasn't good. He peered about, if anyone got a close enough look at him or cared enough to know he was clearly looking about to see if that pale lioness was about to bop him one fairly hard. He thought back to their conversation and his question 'I hope to see you later' had he really? Mentally he scolded himself for such sentiments, but he also knew himself well enough to know that although he didn't like it now he had meant the farewell.

"Damn it." He scolded himself relatively loudly.

Then a pale pelt came into view, blue eyes widened in horror at the familiarity of the pelt, yet when he caught a glimpse of the face he was disgusted. A male? Had his drunken eyes deceived him into believing a female had helped him when in reality it could have been the male that had perhaps had a couple drinks himself? Bjorn felt about ready to hurl, perhaps he really had gotten to a point in his life when things looked better through eyes glazed with alcohol.

Whatever control he had on his drinking he'd let go, but with a quick promise to just have one. It was just the sheer horror that traumatized, he had even thought of pursuing the female, Dione. Was that even her real name, if she did exist? Oh man...

And here he thought he'd begun to see so clearly.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:01 am
User Image

Tethys was not in fact his sister, but no doubt he would have been less than pleased to have had it implied. Frankly, there was a chance that even Dione would have been insulted, though for very different reasons. Nevertheless, Tethys wasn't drunk yet, in fact he had only just about retreated from his sister's den so that he might have a moment of respite. It seemed that with the exception of Sima, the intent of Nanabe and Dione was to make him suffer while he healed.

...Oh the bleeding had stopped, they had managed to stem the necrosis (whatever that was), and he was finally on his way down the road to recovery, but that didn't mean that every redress and wound cleansing was gentle. Oh no, apparently he had to suffer for his transgressions against the High Priestess... He wasn't permitted to have any form of pain relief, such were his crimes.

In hindsight he had been rude, but he challenged anyone to not be spitting fire when they were being assaulted for a second time.

Hmph. Frigging females.

Alas, it appeared he wasn't alone and the look of disgust on the blue lion's face had not gone unnoticed. The resulting reaction was a raised brow, he was fairly certain he'd never encountered this one before, and if he had it had been an exceedingly fleeting moment.

"What?" he demanded. "If you wanna tell me I've got something on my face you're a bit late to the party."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:18 am
"If you hadn't already been told there was something wrong with your face I'd have been shocked."

He didn't have an attitude, in fact if his pelt wasn't doing such a fine job of hiding it he'd have still looked pale. Instead he spoke as though he were stating a fact after glimpsing bandages scattered neatly presumably over some wicked wounds for the number of the bandages. "You just look an awful lot like a Nightmare turned Day Dream." Bjorn continued to speak even though it was likely unwarranted.

He'd yet to breath the name he'd been given and he hadn't expected to do so just yet, not on the off chance he was right. If he was right he'd had to do something foolish like challenge the lion to a duel to get him to stay silent - or perhaps something less extreme. His mind was whirling about.

"So, you returning after a Viking?"

For the time being he sought to change the subject, perhaps see a few more drinks in them both to lighten the mood before asking the most frightful question. 'Are you Dione?' - yes it was probably better off saved, if he could avoid it.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:29 am
Nightmare turned day dream?

What in the name of christ did that mean? Tethys could do nothing more than afford an incredulous stare at the rambling lion. Had he stumbled upon someone who wasn't entirely right in the head? Perhaps it was a bored Freeborn seeking more gossip... Either way, he wasn't entirely certain of what Bjorn was trying to imply and it didn't appear that the blue lion was about to clarify it anytime soon...

"Something like that," Tethys responded noncommittally, if the lion hadn't already heard the rumours then he wasn't going to grace him with the gossip. Eventually word would get around and this particular Freeborn would be able to gossip with the rest of them... hopefully while Tethys was left in peace to recollect his thoughts and avoid the inevitable continuing torture that would be involved in healing his wounds.

"You might as well take a seat rather than hovering," he added. "Unless your aim is for your knees to lock, in which case, have at it..."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 pm
Bjorn shrugged loosely at the answer to his question - he'd been on enough Vikings to know that typically what happens on said Viking stays there, unless there was some form of achievement. When he thought deeper into that he was reminded that even in those cases some things hadn't been spread immediately. Or he was just simply bad at gossip and gathering said gossip.

No surprise there, when the lion had spent a good deal of his time drunk up until recently.

"The names Bjorn." He offered casually as he accepted the invitation of seating himself. It was courteous offer he hadn't truly expected, but welcomed the unexpected. All the while, in the back of his mind, he was waiting impatiently for a name or something to give away that there were two of him - one that was a female version.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:53 am
Aha, so the blue lion did in fact have a name! Wonderful, good to know they all weren't going to gawk at him with curiosity and squirm because they wanted to know how he'd gotten his wounds. Tethys watched as he took his seat and offered one of the fermented fruit drinks that ad been deposited by his side; Bjorn would have been relieved to note that Tethys hadn't in fact drank most of them, he'd barely even started... although his intentions were fairly clearly that he probably aimed to finish all of them.

"Tethys," the white lion finally introduced himself once Bjorn had settled. It was another revelation that would have made the sky's open and the angels sing. Yes, Tethys was not in fact his sister and what a wonderful thing that was indeed. Now the blue male wouldn't have to question his recollection of the previous days and grow concerned that he was, in fact, attracted to the more masculine of the species.

"Now are you going to explain why you looked so horrified to see me, or are you just squeamish about injuries?" he enquired with a raised brow. There might have been others with similar markings to him (other than his sibling) in the Stormborn, but he had yet to meet them...

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:34 am
"Tethys."

Bjorn breathed an audible sigh of relief as he spoke the name, he wasn't a creative lion and so there was no way he'd have been able to name a hallucination - so the lioness had to of been real. There was no other explanation and he found absolute comfort in that fact. "Well, I do have one question first before I explain myself." If I explain myself. He finished his statement mentally - he had no room in his current emotions to harbor embarrassment, but still to say that he thought the male was female and had beaten him to submission by the use of sound? Incredible.

"Do you have a sister? An identical sister?"

He enquired with great curiosity and it was clear there was a lot riding on the response to this particular question. The answer would change his story pretty damn quick.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:41 am
"Yes..." Tethys's response was measured, almost cautious as Bjorn fielded the question. His eyes narrowed just a touch and he gave the blue lion a much closer inspection. Was that abject look of horror because he had just been mistaken for his smaller, female, sibling?

No, in that respect they were much too different, if anyone were that stupid they would have been cracked on the head by someone else by now for their idiocy. Bjorn would be spared his wrath in that respect, though that did result in him having several questions of his own. Admittedly, he didn't particularly want to ask some of them, if this Freeborn had a fancy for his darling sister he was in for a rough ride and quite frankly, Tethys would be requesting snacks for the show.

"She's my twin," he clarified and then groaned.

"Oh good gods what has she done?" he said finally. He was going to be sensible and go for the obvious, there really only was one obvious route to take and this was it.

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:56 am
That sigh of relief ended briskly with the 'what has she done' - who was this lioness? "Well, its not that she's done anything wrong, I believe her reactions were based on a desire to help or boredom." He still hadn't figured out which had spurred Dione to, with plenty of noise, give him a wake up call he definitely needed. "I'd spent many days in a drunken stupor, one that I could so callously blame on foolish emotions that had far to much weight to them." Bjorn, as much as it may not have sounded like it was thinking carefully about how he'd spoke of this lions sister - though he posed the question the way he had this was still his sister.

"Your sister conveniently came across me on one of those nights where I wasn't sure which way was up and verbally assaulted me - then continued to do so the following morning." Despite his obvious dislike of the way the lioness had gone about the task, he was still smiling, the whole situation had given him food for thought and had managed to help him go a day or so without the consumption of alcohol - even today he had had a drink and may enjoy one more, but he hadn't the intention of drinking himself stupid. "Now understand that when I saw you, not considering the obvious differences that I am seeing now, it'd be easy to wonder if I'd put a drunken twist on something. You've confirmed that's not the case."

"I presume your sisters name is Dione?"

Blue eyes looked to the drink that had been offered and he drank heartily, having been drinking as heavily as he was this wouldn't have bothered him any.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:06 pm
As he explained, Tethys's expression went from one of dread to acceptance. It was as if the lion was marking off a mental checklist and Bjorn was essentially describing his sister in a nutshell. Not entirely sure if it was boredom or a genuine desire to help? Yeah that sounded like Dione, it could take others a while to get a read on her, after that they'd be fine... Bjorn was obviously still in that 'not-sure-if' step...

"That, sounds like my sister, yeah," he confirmed rather than getting distracted by his internal monologue. "Could have started with one and ended up as the other," he offered helpfully. Granted it probably wouldn't help, Bjorn would probably get more of an answer out of the lioness herself but still... "She tends to start out with one idea in mind and then ends up doing something else for an entirely different reason."

He shrugged.

"Annnnnd that would be her name too," he said with a half smile. "Can't say I need to know all the details as to why you were doing what you were, not really my business -" he waved his mug about. "But someone being in a state of slovenly laziness does seem like the type of thing my sister would stick her nose into," he mused.

"Can't say I'm flattered by the comparisons though, not sure if you're implying you think I'm small or that my sister looks like a guy," he smirked. "Best not tell her that or she'll be a bit more than just 'bored' with you."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:35 pm
Having finished explaining himself he felt quite a bit better, rewarding himself with another hearty swig of his drink. This would likely be his last, whether that be because Dione would catch him and slaughter him or he would simply sober up. Either way he planned on enjoying it as much as he could until such a time occurred in whichever order.

"Sorry to have compared, but I'm sure you're familiar with what ale can do to you in large quantities, and if you aren't than perhaps let it stay that way." He smiled, the relief still very clear in his eyes. "I couldn't imagine the abuse following a conversation that included 'I thought your brother was you'. So it's probably best we kept this between us, if you wouldn't mind?"

Another small drink was taken from his bowl as he realized he was almost out.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:02 am
"Oh I don't know..." Tethys mused, a sly smile appearing on his lips as he regarded the lion with amusement. Though he wasn't inclined to torture people without good reason, it seemed that Dione had occupied her time with an interesting lion indeed. Whoever he was, he seemed to either respect or fear her enough to appreciate that this really shouldn't get out - perhaps he could use this as blackmail some time?

...Or really just to let him squirm. Truth be told his sibling had a fairly decent sense of humour, even if it would likely lead to some minor discomfort on the part of the blue lion!

"What's it worth for me to keep this to myself?" he asked impishly and leaned back, placing both his paws on his chest in a lazy fashion. "I feel like this might be something I could possibly cash in at a later date," he mused and then chuckled softly.

"We're cool mate, I don't intend on riling her up at the moment, at least not for a good few weeks yet." He promised.

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces