Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:37 pm
User Image

"Ngh." He groaned as he moved to stand - his den had silenced as opposed to the sounds that seemed to never stop from healers doting on him. After finally getting some sleep he had begun to feel a touch better, but from what he had heard there were some oddities to the wounds received by all of the members in the warband that had survived making it home. Iloziya had been lucky to be there, so noise or not he was thankful.

Iloziya was up about midday after receiving some much needed sleep to help restore his body at least a small amount. The sleep had done wonders to help repair his spirit, that had been crushed repeatedly by the paws poking and prying at his wounds. In fact he blamed the soreness on those who had tended to him, but he'd complain later. For now he was determined to seek out a drink and possibly good company if anyone would have him.

Today was deserving of an alcoholic beverage or two - he had begun to understand why others had taken to the hobby while home from a Viking.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:07 am
User Image

He'd been beaten to it.

Tethys had already retreated to this sanctuary long before Iloziya had crawled out of his den. If anything, Tethys would have been extremely envious of the cooing his counterpart had received. While Iloziya was being spoiled, tended to... Tethys had been battered, poked, prodded and threatened with his very own death if he said anything else. The sympathies that Iloziya might have received from his healers, would have been something Tethys would have been very grateful for.

...As it was, they hadn't even given him something to ease the pain.

Food for thought, when you needed medical aid, don't gain the attention of a priestess. If Tethys had to make any observations, it was that those frightful females got a kick out of making him feel worse... Although he was on the mend now at least.

Still, as punishment for his mouthiness he hadn't been given anything to dull the aches and pulses that crept through his injuries and knowing only one other manner in wish to solve such problems, Tethys had now found himself in the 'inn' as it were. He wasn't completely drunk yet, but he did at least have that fuzzy feeling that helped him to forget that he was missing a fair chunk of fur and skin!

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:50 am
In truth Iloziya hadn't gone seeking out Tethys, not that he hadn't enjoyed the amount of time they spent together - of course that time included nearly being mauled to death, but who was judging? So when he had wandered into the inn to seek some comfort in the warmth it's drinks provided he didn't immediately recognize his battered partner from the Viking.

Moments after arriving he already had a drink in his paw and so the day had begun. "Tethys?" Golden eyes finally put two and two together on his second take of the pale pelt. He took in a good look at him and was amazed by the end result after all of those wounds none the less they had made it back. It seemed whoever had worked on him had done a decent job.

"Good to see you didn't die."

He gave a weary smile and took a swig of his drink.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:56 am
Oh look, it was someone he knew! He raised his 'cup' a little and thumped it back down again. The healers of this pride could certainly work miracles, it seemed that all those who had managed to make it back had survived. The healers even seemed confident that the worst off would live, so much so that they had made a series of statements highlighting this.

"Oh I don't know," Tethys murmured as he settled himself comfortably again, it seemed he had no intention of moving from his current location. This was his spot, anyone who tried to move him was going to get a slap and that was that. "I'm pretty sure I might have died in my sister's den," he mused and raised both eyebrows as he expected Iloziya - all in all the lion was patched up well, he didn't seem to be as raw as the white lion though.

Lucky bugger...

"But they resurrected me just in time to make me suffer even more," he continued and leaned forward. "They're sadists you see, don't trust the crazed priestesses and their assistants, always go for the normal healers... The normal healers are kind, sympathetic, gentle..."

"These ones will use you for their freakish experiments and claim they're being benevolent!"

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:15 am
Ziya had settled next to Tethys, noting the very stuck-to-his-seat attitude that resonated from him. The darker lion had no objections, not since clearly of the two he was better off moving about. "Your sisters den?" It was about that time that he had realized he didn't know much about the pale lion seated next to him.

A hearty laugh burst from the darker lion, which he figured would earn him a beating, but he couldn't help it. The women of this pride reminded him sorely of what the healers of his old home pride had been like - they had personalities like a whip, something he'd automatically begun to associate with healers.

"So your sister is a priestess here then?"

Iloziya still bore a rather large grin about the matter.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 am
The lion afforded Iloziya a death glare but made no move to swipe at him. Suffice it to say that he was going to have to get used to others chuckling at him; it had been him who had gone home with his sister, thus it was technically his choice to dodge the other healers that had rushed to their aid. One could not expect sympathy when they had made their own bed, they simply had to lie in it... but that didn't mean he couldn't hate them all for their amusement.

"In training," he stressed after Iloziya seemed to have recovered from his giggles. Oh he might want to smack the grin off that bloody face of his, maybe knock out one or two teeth, but that would require effort. At this current moment in time, he had no inclination to make any effort to do anything for anyone.

...Unless it involved a drink and his mouth, in which case, he'd make the effort.

"She's my twin, if you see her, run for your life," he muttered and shook his head. "The High Priestess is an absolute nightmare, a complete harpy," he added. "Actually everyone in that den is - if you see any of them you should probably flee," he amended.

"Any chance you could send one of the nicer ones my way, or are you all keeping those ones to yourself?" he added glumly. Times like these made him revert to a cub-like state, he didn't want to endure another dressings change.

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:04 pm
It seemed that wounds and exhaustion had saved him from a whooping that may have sent him right back to the healers and if he had to make a wager it’d be likely he would be sent to the sister that Tethys was so furious at. Judging by the number she’d done to his pale companion he presumed that would be enough of a torture session for Tethys to possibly forgive the teasing.

“Goodness. If she frightens the likes of you then I’ll have to heed the warning. Oh? You’ve also met the High Priestess?” He wasn’t nearly as intrigued as he’d let on, but he was trying desperately to wipe the grin off of his face, he wasn’t doing a good job of it though. “I bet she’s like that just for you! What on earth did you say to her?” He chattered on like an old buddy. Iloziya had only been working with the lion for a short period of time and yet he felt chummy.

“Won’t be sharing any of our healers, you’ve done something to curse yourself and I’d wager, even as Captain, you’d have a hard time finding a reaver to rescue you from such an assault.” A chuckle, that just couldn’t be contained, erupted from him.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 am
"I called her an old hag," Tethys stated matter-of-factly and rolled his shoulders in a loose shrug. In fact, he was almost certain he had called everyone in the room an old hag. The finer details were a bit hazy, but he did remember saying a variety of things that resulted in him experiencing more than just the cuts on his back. It seemed that the more he spoke, the more painful things became...and yet here he was, still alive.

He didn't want to know what witchcraft they performed, and quite frankly he wasn't going to ask.

"Some loyal reavers they would be," he added with a scoff and took a swig of his drink. "You're all bloody cowards if you won't face the wrath of the harpies," he pointed out to the still grinning male. Honestly, he was just going to smack that grin off his face in a few moments, who cared if it reopened some of his wounds? He'd put up with the harpies if it meant this purple prat was missing a few of his teeth!

"Can take on a pack of wild beasts but noooo, gotta run for the hills as soon as you see the raging harpies and their trinkets."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:08 pm
"Hah!"

He proclaimed, a large laugh, much like the others followed suit to give his proclamation some support. "You called our High Priestess an old hag and are alive to say a thing about it? Amazing! The Gods do smile upon you and your achievements." The astonishment was real, but the teasing hadn't ceased.

"Cowards, eh?" His smirk didn't vanish. "Don't tell me you'd have not done the same given the choice? That you'd much rather a touch of ointment?" Iloziya drank deeply before continuing. "I'd much rather be taken by the wild beasts on most occasions." The dark lion thought of the Shaman from his home and shuddered at the thought of calling her a hag, just from rumor he could imagine the damage that could have been done.

"Speaking of ointment, you may have a few visits left with the 'old hag' and your sister. Would you like me to smuggle you some?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:12 am
"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want..." he sulked at Iloziya. The darker lion had certainly settled himself comfortably, Tethys really should have taken that as a compliment, but given he was bearing the brunt of this teasing he had to be at least a little sore about it.

"You're an a**, you know that right?" he pointed out.

He paused after this, in hindsight he really should have apologised to both the High Priestess and his sister, but that would require him to swallow his pride and he just wasn't ready for that... Especially around his sister who would make it her business to remind him of every little screw up. He could only imagine what the High Priestess might do, he didn't think she'd be very gracious either if she was given the opportunity to make herself heard... Not that he didn't appreciate the skills of either but, if Kluna was just like his sister then he was in trouble!

However when Iloziya made his offer, Tethys did regard him with suspicion and raised a brow.

"Are you screwing with me or are you serious..?"

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:22 am
Okay, perhaps he'd gone overboard with his teasing - it was in truth that he hadn't felt so alive. Before he thought he had lived, his life was dedicated to a cause and even with a change in atmosphere that dedication had only changed directions. Yet he found himself more lively with this lion, something he couldn't have predicted in a million moons.

"Now that the truths out...."

Truthfully Iloziya hadn't given it his all to try and calm the grin on his face at the peril of his companion and now he suspected that the new Captain would expect no less from him. All in all this was actually quite refreshing, something he hadn't expected to happen for him, he could breath. When Tethys proposed to question his offer rather than accept Ziya changed the look on his face to something far more serious.

"I wouldn't joke about smuggling, not when it'd put myself at risk. That old hag and that sister of yours could just as quickly bring myself misery and bad tidings if they knew I was helping you to get rid of pain meant to teach you a lesson." He scoffed at the idea, but looked a little more visibly tensed at the thought of being tracked down and maimed by pride members - somehow that seemed much worse than facing the outside world.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:25 pm
"They're both harpies, provoking them would probably be bad news," he agreed with a wry smile. He suspected that neither Kluna or Dione were that cruel and if he was in considerable agony they would aid him, but consider this pay back for laughing at him. He'd let Ziya sweat for a while, look over his shoulder as he 'smuggled' his goods - secretly, he was wondering how viable it would be to persuade at least one of his friends to troll the poor lion.

Naima maybe? He couldn't let Dione (or the witch on the high mountain) know that he was receiving aid, but mayhaps the little bard would care to join in for a friendly trick. It was food for thought as he regarded Ziya, oh, the white lion might be in pain now but this was as solid a distraction as they came.

Forget it, he was doing it.

...But first, he needed to set the scene, really get into the swing of things. Thus, his expression became grave and he shook his head.

"If you were willing then you would have my gratitude," he said slowly. "It truly would be appreciated."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:58 am
"Of course I'm willing!" Ziya had already begun to think of how he could sneak away with enough ointment to aid his Captain. "You shall have it before the day is out - I'm sure could convince a healer to see me before it's time to sleep."

He was very confident he could seek aid to help himself sleep, a lot of the pride members had seen the state of the returning members of of the Viking band now lead by Tethys and he was sure that he could find sympathy. The pain a lot of them were in was reaching levels that many wouldn't recover from, but the healers had done wonders and quickly - it was all rather impressive, as though the Gods didn't just choose to smile upon Tethys, but upon the entire band as well.

"We'll meet later this evening, I'll find you."

Epine de Rose
/fin

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas