Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

*new mother/captain seeking council*

Kluna had been prepping her den - the recent recoveries being made meant that the supplies would be getting low. Her temper was elevated and only one lion was truly held responsible ... Tethys ... The lion had been such a p***k and even the following day it stuck with her, she didn't hold a burning hatred, more like an annoyance - he was her apprentices brother after all and she felt compelled to try and maintain a relationship that was at least professional.

Today was meant to be quiet and as such she expected the exact opposite, so when she spied a blue pelt headed towards her entrance she nearly sighed. Sometimes she hated being right, but it was out of her control and so she found her composure, the only positive note was that she was expecting to see Dione today, perhaps she could pass this particular arrival along to her for a learning experience.

Still, she met with the lioness at the door, a small smile placed upon her lips as she recognized a recently made Captain and new Mother to boot. Event alignments like that didn't happen often, but were of no surprise. "Hello Zjarri`fol." Kluna prided herself on trying to know those born here, at least most.

"Kluna." Zjarri`fol greeted as she came upon the entrance of the den much more quickly than she had anticipated, all the way there she thought about why she was going. to see the High Priestess and if it would even be worth her while.

The priestess appeared outwardly as though she was in good enough mood to take on possible blessings and even some chatter about all that was going on. Zjarri had a couple individuals she could speak with, but having a priestess feel confident would seal the deal for her. She'd feel that much better about returning to her Captaincy while her daughters and son were home growing, learning and hopefully flourishing to become all they could within the pride itself.

There was a gentle wave of a light toed paw that welcomed the blue lioness into the den and she was quick to settle in.

"If you wouldn't mind waiting Zjarii, my apprentice will be showing up any moment I suspect." The high priestess smiled in her direction and Zjarri nodded.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:13 am
User Image

She was on time, but Kluna would have expected no less than that.

She had woken up at her normal time and with the combined efforts of herself and Nanabe, she had redressed her brother's injuries and prepared her things. Unsurprisingly her brother had made a 'quick' exit as soon as he was able, limping out of the den the moment he had the opportunity to escape her clutches. Granted she had no idea where he was headed but she was confident that there wasn't a hope in hell that he would be leaving the pride's inner sanctuaries for the time being.

Thus, she had set off for Kluna's home almost immediately after and had gotten here in ample time. All things considered, the High Priestess deserved not one apology, but two. The first was for her own decision to forego manners and aid her own brother, though she suspected Kluna might have seen the reasoning behind it... And the second? Well, the second was on behalf of her brother but at some point he was going to have to apologise properly himself.

Her arrival came barely a minute after the blue lioness, and she gave a brief knock of her paw against the doorway of the den to notify the High Priestess of her arrival. She could always wait outside if she was interrupting.

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:06 am
"Ah, do come in Dione." Right on time.

The high priestess motioned for her apprentice to enter and take a seat next to her. "I'd like you to meet Zjarri`fol - a recent new Captain in our midst and a new mother as well." Kluna concluded the introduction with a small smile, it'd be no secret that she favored the strength of females, though she'd never say such things out loud.

"Zjarri, this is Dione - my apprentice." Pride swelled up in the high priestess, she was giddy to think that perhaps she'd found someone worth sharing her knowledge with. Yet another thing she'd not say out loud, that may become more apparent with time.

This came as a shock. Even if she hadn't the smallest interest in becoming a priestess herself she knew that the chances of a high priestess taking on an apprentice were slim to none - this lioness she'd introduced must have had something that Kluna could see.

"Dione, it's nice to meet you."

Pink eyes were searching for some form of special indicators, brows furrowed as she concentrated on the task and relaxed when she discovered nothing - appearance wise - to set her apart from any of the other priestesses. "I've come to seek your advice on when a mother may be ready to return to Vikings." This was an incredibly personal battle, one she hadn't prepared herself for and she wasn't even entirely sure she'd been ready to fight yet. Her cubs were young, very young and so she hadn't considered going back out on the field yet, but she was wondering when.

"I don't expect to leave right away, but have you any idea of when?"

Just to get the words out there alarmed her, she had come here seeking advice because she didn't want anyone else to think she was having doubts about her return or that she'd felt anything, but the desire to leap back into battle.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:15 am
The lioness was going to have to get used to that, the unintentional gleams of curiosity in others' eyes as they attempted to ascertain while the High Priestess had deemed it desirable to take her on. Nevertheless if she had been discomfited she did a reasonable job of masking it and gave a bow of her head as she entered the den properly. She deposited what she had brought with her carefully, ensuring it was neatly placed out of the way and regarded Zjarri with renewed curiosity.

A new captain and pregnant? That was certainly some interesting timing, Dione wasn't entirely sure if that was fortuitous or unfortunate at this precise moment in time. Not that Zjarri wasn't entitled to be congratulated for the arrivals, but if she was a new Captain it would rather throw a spanner in the works when she may have wanted to establish herself properly!

"A pleasure," Dione replied with a warm smile as she took a seat.

Evidently, they had been waiting for her arrival, so she wouldn't delay either of them further in that respect. Zjarri seemed to have come to the same conclusion as well as she was already discussing her concerns regarding her current circumstances...

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:01 pm
Kluna waited patiently for the introductions and friendly smiles came to a close before tending to the concerns of the lioness before them. "How have you felt?" Enquired the high priestess lightly - this was a touchy subject for all new Mothers, some of which not having Mothers of their own to go to often struggled with how they should feel versus just saying what they felt. It appeared that she needn't worry about such things with the blue lioness before her as she began to speak.

"Feel? What haven't I felt."

Sounding rightfully exhausted by this point in time. Pink eyes locked to the high priestess briefly before closing almost dramatically. To be a Viking was one thing.. to birth Vikings was another. Something Zjarri would have only learned by doing it versus the tales she had been told about what it might be. "Six little beings. Five will be strong, independent and ambitious females. The sixth will be a very driven, intellectual boy I presume." Much like his father. She had thought to add the last bit, but without reason kept it to herself, there was no reason to fluff anything.

"I anticipate that Keir will have his paws full, all his daughters and his son will only get more active as they age." Her eyes were lit with excitement. Although she could probably talk about the small wriggling forms of her children for days that hadn't been why she was here - ish. "I personally feel weak, some days, but for the most part I have had plenty of energy and I have a thrall beyond Keir to help watch the cubs..." Her voice trailed off and she looked to the ground. "I must leave them, and likely soon. If I plan to keep the rank I've earned I will need to make a choice - leave and provide honor to them or stay and provide a mother to them." Honor was just about everything, but the intimacy of motherhood was something she hadn't anticipated.

"Have you been a Mother, High Priestess? Or you Priestess?" Zjarri formally addressed both parties without hesitation. Something that Kluna waved aside almost immediately.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:02 am
"No," Dione replied honestly and gave a small shake of her head.

She had never been a mother and quite frankly, she hadn't really raised cubs either. Sima was raised by Nanabe who was more than capable of tending to the obedient cub. Perhaps it would be different with more than one of the wriggling creatures, but even Sima's disposition had been fairly settled. She was one of those cubs many mothers might have envied simply because she didn't torture them.

"Is there a reason why you cannot be both mother and Captain?" Dione asked curiously. She wasn't going to step on Kluna's toes, this was after all, the reason Zjarri was here. She had come specifically to receive the High Priestess's advice, but Dione was curious as to why Dione might have felt the lioness was incapable of achieving everything. It might be more challenging than a male, but that didn't necessarily mean it was impossible.

"Once your cubs are off their milk, I imagine that there will be several options for you to consider in regards to their upbringing."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:12 am
A head shake, that mirrored Diones, confirmed that the high priestess hadn't experienced a family of her own either - nor had it been something that crossed her mind. Blue eyes looked to her apprentice and ears moved forward to listen to her responses, they were ideal - given the information that Zjarri had provided and so she was satisfied, signifying this with a grin.

When all was said Kluna looked to Zjarri, seeking some form of reaction. She wasn't disappointed.

Pale brows furrowed as she thought of the response provided by both lioness', neither had been Mothers and though Zjarri desired to hold that against them in this choice she had come to them. So as she relaxed into her own thoughts her brows followed suit, when pink eyes returned to the apprentice, they were lit with a little more determination.

"You're not wrong, Dione." Admitting that was difficult when she wanted to try and express her emotional strings attached to the cubs that likely wouldn't fade when they were off their milk. There was no way she could face those words out loud. When it came down to it she'd eventually like to have her family join her for their first Viking a hope that over rode her fear of neglecting them. She hoped their future would include such ambition that she had had as a cub to adult and sprout a number of young, strong female Captains and a strong male Captain as well, if Smol would have it.

"Perhaps I've thought to much into it to fast. With how quickly everything has gone I may have over reacted." She felt much more grounded now and a whole lot more eager to work on her Captaincy. "Dione, Dione..." Suddenly she said the apprentices name as though she'd gotten a taste in her mouth. Zjarri thought on the name briefly and then wondered out loud. "Are you that new Captains sister?" Sure, rumor had gotten around, a badly maimed group of lions had returned from their Viking - not actually long after her own return. It was rumored that the Captain had perished and a new Captain was getting settled in, unfortunately there wasn't much more beyond that - unless you included lions yammering on about being attacked by something consistent with shadows.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 pm
Dione offered an agreeable smile, she was rarely wrong, but she wasn't going to state as such. She had come to appreciate that while she could act like that around Tethys, the vast majority perceived it as incredibly smug. If she was going to be someone like Kluna, then she was going to have to temper this arrogance with humility. It would take some time, she might even struggle and require some schooling, but she would succeed.

"It's a significant amount to happen in such a small amount of time," she agreed at last and shook her head. "But that does not necessarily mean you can't approach it with a touch of logic," she paused. It was hard for her to be in Zjarri's paws, ideally it should have been her mother that spoke rather than she, but she had vaguely recalled some brief conversations between her father and her mother...particularly when they were younger.

"Perhaps a systematic approach to your expeditions, strict durations so that you and your cubs know when you will be home?"

She wasn't sure how well received that would be, but that seemed logical to her anyway. However at the vague reference to her brother she couldn't help but raise her eyebrow. Perhaps Zjarri was simply curious, or she may have been redirecting the attention while she gathered her own thoughts.

"Yes," she said and gave a small nod. "Though I would strongly advise against asking him for parental advice," she added, just on the off shot Zjarri had even considered it.

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 am
The high priestess had become a silent party during the interactions now, only giving a nod or any form of reaction as necessary - though there was no need. She had plenty of faith in her current apprentice who seemed to ace the tasks set before her with utter confidence, of course Kluna wouldn't admit to that out loud - not yet. Of course success needed to be rewarded, but for the time being a lack of nasty looks and side comments would have to do.

"That sounds logical and possibly doable - should there be no interruptions." The blue lioness thought on the idea of setting strict guidelines for her group before heading out on Vikings - could that even work? Her last one had ended early, for good reason, with a Captain dead and her taking lead it seemed pressing to return and make her position concrete. The trips could easily exceed her expectations as well. Food for thought.

"I'd never." Was her response to Diones statement. "Not from what I've heard anyhow, besides, unless he was a parent himself I'm not sure what I could expect from a male as advice for a Mother." There was some disgust in her voice, but it wasn't entirely related to Diones family, more so to a particular male figure in her life that if asked for advice wouldn't likely be able to give any - not useful advice anyway.

"You've given me something to consider, options are always appreciated - thank you for this moment to ease a busy mind." The lioness was prepared to leave. "Pleasant day to both of you."

With that she took her leave, satisfied with the help she received.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 am
Dione could say with great confidence that her brother was not a father, the day he did become a father would be a permanent source of amusement for her. Then again, perhaps if he waited long enough he would be able to raise his offspring with much the same success as their own father had. All things considered they had turned out fairly well if she did say so herself.

...But Zjarri had the right idea when it came to being wary of advice.

Nevertheless Zjarri seemed to have gotten what she came for, and Dione gave a bow of her head as the lioness left. Fortunately with Zjarri's back turned, the blue lion wouldn't be able to see the mild surprise on the lioness's face. Dione had fully anticipated that Kluna would take over and answer any other lingering questions, the paler female hadn't anticipated that such a succinct solution was all that she had required.

Huh. Fancy that.

Pursing her lips, she finally turned round to give her attention to her teacher again. She'd given ample enough time to the now departed lioness and she never forgot her manners...

Mysses Greenie
Fin?

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 am
The meeting had ended, the lioness that was wandering away now appeared satisfied with how it had ended and so she please. All of the speaking of families had the high priestess' head whirling with the images of aiding Dione in her bandaging her brother.

"Dione, don't you think it's time we discuss that hare in your den?"

Kluna wouldn't take no for an answer, the question was simply asked out of courtesy, but this was an expectation.

Epine de Rose
Now fin. xP

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces