Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[SRP] This Mortal Coil... (Tethys x Arimathras)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm
User Image
With his paws rested, the lion now felt able to traverse the Stormborn lands in order to locate his wayward mother. In all honesty, she hadn't made her arrival difficult to notice. She had arrived in her usual fashion, vibrant and full of life, to the point that a variety of supplies had ripened long before they should have. He'd at least been able to track her via the murmurs of curiosity and soon enough he had come to the conclusion that she was expecting the caves around the cliffs.

He made a mental note to advise her to be much more subtle in the future.

Nevertheless, he continued on his way through the fog, straining his eyes for any signs of the white lioness. Quite honestly she was perfectly camouflaged in this region and short of calling out to her, he probably wouldn't see her. Given her penchant for perching from unusual locations, she may even be deliberately out of sight. After all, it wouldn't have been like Dione to not to throw advice out to their mother.

The Stormborn weren't a bad lot, but the certainly had their own views on deities and tended to favour the more warlike. Even Tethys was not educated enough to realise that the lioness might well have been represented in their mythos by a goddess as was... She certainly held the traits of Freya, regardless, she wasn't exactly on their radar.

She was on his though.

"Mother, it doesn't take a genius to know that you're out here. You've made enough of a stir for half the town to know that something peculiar is skulking about," he called out eventually. When all else fail, he'd always go for the easier solution.

Words: 289

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 pm
User Image
The familiar voice carried through the fog towards the lioness who had elected to perch on an outcropping far above him. She had taken her daughter's advice, at least for a time, and had deliberately made herself awkward to reach. It wasn't that she felt threatened by this pride, but she could appreciate that unlike the Bahari, they may not necessarily be welcoming of her kind. They might welcome a specific type of deity, but her disposition generally didn't compliment war and uh...victory.

Maybe glory?

At most she might have been able to supply them with the fruits that seemed to render most of their more muscly lions a bit worse for wear. Admittedly it had been entertaining to watch, they really did lose a large amount of their faculties, but that wasn't exactly beneficial on those 'expedition' things they often went on. She was fairly certain her daughter had referred to them as 'Vikings', but being the lioness she was, Arimathras would probably continue to refer to them as 'thingies'.

"Did you find him then?" she fluttered down from her perch and deposited herself carefully beside him. Her landing was silent, and save for the brief shadow cast upon him by her wings, no one else would have heard her approach. "I'm assuming that he was all right," she added.

Words: 221

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:36 am
"I found him," Tethys smiled as his mother game in to few and gave her a gentle nudge. "He's perfectly healthy, not cuts or bruises, no missing fur," he continued to list off a variety of ailments that she might have been concerned with. Eventually he ran out of relevant ailments and took a moment to check his own mother over. As expected, she too was unharmed, and more importantly she seemed to have taken it upon herself to remain scarce. Truth be told in the fog she was hidden perfectly...though he would much prefer to be able to keep an eye on her going forwards.

"He's in reasonably good spirits, just a bit preoccupied," he added and motioned for his mother to follow as he moved away from the cliff's edge. She might have been able to fly but he couldn't, one misstep and he might find himself plummeting to his doom in this fog. "He did ask me to do a couple of things though," he continued as he rounded another corner. He didn't need to check that his mother was with him, she had always been pretty compliant in that respect.

"I talked some of it over with Dione already but I needed to find you and ask if you would do something as well," he came to a halt outside of the fog, though still on the outskirts of the township to avoid causing a disturbance.

Words: 241

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:43 am
Oh good, then the rather gruff father of her youngest offspring was in a good condition. That settled the immortal's nerves for a time, she knew that mortal life was fleeting, but she much preferred that those she loved didn't make quick exits. Destati had always been elusive when it came to what his intentions were, but more often than not she trusted him to do...whatever it was he did, safely. It was nice to have that confirmed, even if she still didn't really know what tat was.

"You have missing fur though," she observed and leant over to prod at the scratches on his back. He seemed to have taken a beating recently and her expression showed a measure of concern. She was satisfied that they were healing, but the tufts did make him a rather sorry sight. "You look a bit uneven," she mused as she gave his back a gentle comb over to mask some of the cuts from view.

"So," she took a seat and placed her front paws on her hips, she had never been the sort to sit 'normally'.

"What is that you needed me to do?" she queried.

Words: 195

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 am
"I lost a challenge," Tethys waved his paw dismissively, though he did glance back to appreciate his mother's handiwork, all in all people wouldn't notice the loss of the fur from a distance. "Someone proved they were more than capable of being a part of the pride, it simply came at the expense of some of my fur," he grinned at the thought, in a way he was actually very proud of the lioness's success... her win had been well deserved. "It'll grow back," he offered as reassurance, though his mother probably already knew that.

On to more important matters though.

"There are a couple of things Dad needed to to that were going to put the family at risk," he raised his paw to stop his mother from interjecting. He knew what she would do if she was given the grounds to speak freely before he was finished. "He asked as a precautionary measure, if I could make sure that you and Dione are safe," he continued and offered a wry smile. "Now with Dione I know I'm fine, she's not going to wander off anywhere and the pride is heavily protected..."

"YOU however -" he pointed the toe of his forepaw at her.

"Could flutter off anywhere, so I wanted to ask if you might consider staying here for a while, just until I know that it's safe for you to flutter off to explore again..."

Words: 237

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:07 am
"Ah, so you must battle to gain your place here," she moved her paws as if to box and a faint 'pow, pow!' could be heard under her breath. "Now I see why you both picked this place, it's very you," she confirmed. Admittedly it was probably very like their father as well, it was certainly interesting to see how her children all differed depending on who their sire was... Solomon was much more peaceful and laid back.

"I guess congratulations are in order," she added and settled once more.

She took a few moments to listen to his request and his reasoning for it, she had some mild suspicions (why did she always seem to go for the ones inclined towards danger...) but Tethys seemed to be in good spirits so he didn't seem to be too concerned. She was usually quite good at reading her offspring, and as such, surmised that this probably really was just to ensure that their sire had peace of mind while he did whatever it was he needed to do.

"Hrm..." she didn't seem to be sold on it initially, she could look after herself after all. However her son had at least clarified why he wanted her here, it wasn't that he didn't think she'd be safe, he just wanted to make absolutely sure of it. "It's awfully lonely when you have to sit on a cliff all day," she pointed out slowly.

"But I will stay for a while, if it will settle some nerves."

Words: 254

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:10 am
He couldn't help but laugh at the whispered 'pow pow' and her attempts to box, she certainly wasn't the sort to lack enthusiasm, but he sincerely doubted he would ever see her come to blows with anyone.

"You see I knew you were going to say that," he replied and glanced at his mother with a wry smile. "If you can change into that tiny little bunny then why can't you take on a wingless form?" he asked curiously. He'd seen her more than once, precariously balanced on his father's head as a small, white rabbit. Surely if she could change her form so significantly then she would be able to simplify her form to the point of losing her wings?

...Honestly it seemed like far less of a shift.

"If you were just a white lioness then I sincerely doubt that it would cause unrest, you could stay with Dione and no one would be any the wiser," he pointed out with a raised brow.

Words: 166

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:15 am
"Ooooh now there's a thought," the lioness's ears perked up and she sat back on her haunches, in fact she had sat so far back that her wings were forced to flare out to catch her before she toppled over.

"You know I think I never went for it because I just wasn't sure how I wanted to look," she explained. She'd always been quite extravagant in her usual attire and while she didn't mind losing it as a rabbit, when she was in a form for a prolonged period of time she liked to be much more recognisable. However, her son did raise a very valid point, if she could at least decide on how she wanted to appear on this mortal coil then she could indeed stay with her daughter for the duration of her stay.

"How do you feel about silver and gold, maybe a touch of bronze?" she asked curiously as she eyed her son.

She probably shouldn't have been asking him for advice on style, it wasn't really his thing, but for now he was all she had.

Words: 183
Total Words (Ari) : 853

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 am
Oh god, style advice from him?

"Why not all of them?" he hazarded, honestly he could trust his mother to at least be reasonably stylish. She might be rather vibrant in personality but even her jewels in her traditional form were simple in design and didn't cover her entire form. Perhaps if she were allowed to weave the colours in to whatever 'appearance' she desired, it would keep her happy.

...Just so long as she settled on one. Truth be told he wasn't sure how Dione was going to explain away the constant appearance of their darling mother if she got bored at some point.

Still, he could at least be relieved that she had agreed to remain for an as of yet unspecified amount of time...

Words: 127
Total Words (Tethys) : 1060

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces