Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay Outfit Plushies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:04 am
At Cosplay / Anime cons I have always noticed Cosplayers carrying around Plushies related to their character. What's your favorite Plushie and which of your Cosplay characters is it related to?

Mine is Mokona from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I carry Mokona around when I'm Cosplaying Syaoran. She helps my character get recognized!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 pm
Only one character I've cosplayed had anything like that, and it was for a crossover special. 'nuff said.

If I were to get one otherwise, it would have to be a mercat* plushie.

(* see Macross Delta. They're basically seals with the heads of cats that live in the seas of Ragna. )  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:15 pm
I do this quite often. I make it my goal to find a plushie at conventions from Kingdom Hearts or one that would compliment a cosplay that I wear on a particular day of the convention. Depending on the series'/character's plushie rarity, I may buy a plushie at a convention or buy it online/get it commissioned way before convention happens.

PLUSHIE // CURRENT COSPLAY THAT USES IT
gaia_star Axel (Kingdom Hearts) - Axel, Lea (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)
gaia_star Dark Link (Legend Of Zeldla) - Dark Navi
gaia_star Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket) - Kagura Sohma
gaia_star paopu fruit (Kingdom Hearts) - Riku, Sora
gaia_star Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - Riku, Sora
gaia_star Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) - Axel, Lea (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)

I have yet to use my Espeon (Pokemon), crocheted Pokeball (Pokemon), and Twilight Sparkle plushies for a cosplay though. I eventually want to be Espeon, Sabrina (Pokemon SoulSilver), and Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony), which would use those unused plushies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:04 am
KayaLing
I do this quite often. I make it my goal to find a plushie at conventions from Kingdom Hearts or one that would compliment a cosplay that I wear on a particular day of the convention. Depending on the series'/character's plushie rarity, I may buy a plushie at a convention or buy it online/get it commissioned way before convention happens.

gaia_star Axel (Kingdom Hearts) - Axel, Lea (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)
gaia_star Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) - Axel, Lea (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)

I have yet to use my Espeon (Pokemon), crocheted Pokeball (Pokemon), and Twilight Sparkle plushies for a cosplay though. I eventually want to be Espeon, Sabrina (Pokemon SoulSilver), and Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony), which would use those unused plushies.

Hi Kaya,

I like the Fruits Basket Anime series a lot. I think it's cool that you have cosplayed Kagura Sohma. Where did you get the Kyo Sohma plushie for it?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm
smithers456
KayaLing

Hi Kaya,

I like the Fruits Basket Anime series a lot. I think it's cool that you have cosplayed Kagura Sohma. Where did you get the Kyo Sohma plushie for it?

Hi, Ron!

Oh, really?! It's one of my favorite manga series! In fact, it's the first manga series that I had completed on reading all the volumes. I even watched the anime at least twice already. I like the manga over the anime though because the anime doesn't fully follow the manga story and is missing a few things that are only found in the manga.

But anyways, I digress...

I actually lucked out and found the Kyo plushie at the convention that I attended in May 2010. In fact, Kagura Sohma was my first cosplay and that convention was the first anime convention that I went to. Anyways, I think Kyo was the first plushie that I got. The one that I got is a chibi Kyo in a cat suit.

Click link to see picture of my Kagura Sohma cosplay with Kyo plushie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:19 am
KayaLing
smithers456
KayaLing

Hi Kaya,

Hi, Ron!

Oh, really?! It's one of my favorite manga series! In fact, it's the first manga series that I had completed on reading all the volumes. I even watched the anime at least twice already. I like the manga over the anime though because the anime doesn't fully follow the manga story and is missing a few things that are only found in the manga.

But anyways, I digress...

I actually lucked out and found the Kyo plushie at the convention that I attended in May 2010. In fact, Kagura Sohma was my first cosplay and that convention was the first anime convention that I went to. Anyways, I think Kyo was the first plushie that I got. The one that I got is a chibi Kyo in a cat suit.

Click link to see picture of my Kagura Sohma cosplay with Kyo plushie.

Your Cosplay photo an plushie are cool. If you have better photos of this Cosplay feel free to post them in the Photography Sub Forum.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers