Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[SRP] A FRIENDLY Catch Up (Tethys x Dione)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:21 pm
User Image
Dione had enjoyed a rather colourful week to say the least - she had met with the High Priestess (an honour), and then she had spent a large portion of her day after that insulting a drunkard. If anyone were to claim that life as a Freeborn was boring, then they clearly didn't know how to manage their time very well. Suffice it to say that she had definitely kept herself busy in the period that her brother was absent.

She was even surprised to see him as she rounded the corner and headed towards her own den. He was waiting for her, casually resting outside the entrance. Her eyebrow raised, he was early, most vikings lasted more than a few weeks and on this occasion he had come back within approximately a week. She did have to wonder if perhaps something had gone wrong and he required her assistance.

Schooling her expression into a more neutral one to mask her surprise, she strode towards him and gave him a quick inspection. He seemed fine? He certainly wasn't injured, but he wasn't terribly chirpy either.

How bizarre.

"I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and assume things didn't go as planned," she spoke as she came in to earshot. She offered a small smile as well, on this occasion she wasn't here to tease, she was merely curious.

Words: 230

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 pm
User Image

There she was, she certainly had a knack for timing and as she broke the silence he offered a wry smile of his own. It was always nice to see a friendly face, and he could do with a cheering up when it came to an otherwise boring and uneventful trip. Add that to the fact he had just had to shoo off the lioness on the borders again and he was despairing at all lion kind... well, almost.

"It certainly didn't end as well as we had hoped," Tethys replied with a small sigh. "It wasn't bad, we did find some reasonably good things," he motioned to her den and clucked his tongue. "You have a new charge, Nanabe has already expressed her willingness to tend to her so that your studies won't be disrupted," he added.

"It was uneventful, to put things simply," he grumbled. "In fact the most exciting aspect of this entire outing was that I had to chase off the same naive lioness from our borders, though this time I was sober."

He paused.

Enough about him, that wasn't why he was here.

"So, did you meet one of the priestesses? I know you had plans..."

Words: 201

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:07 am
Ah, so no glory to be had today then.

Admittedly her brother wasn't really inclined towards 'glory' in that respect, she did know that he did enjoy a little bit of excitement, or at the very least, he liked to bring back something to show for his outing. That said it did appear that he had brought something back, he was just suitably more sober than normal at the moment... Perhaps it really had been a terribly quite expedition.

"It went..." She paused and tilted her head to the side. "I think it went well," she said at last. She wasn't entirely sure of how it had gone and she wouldn't speak for the High Priestess, but she was confident enough that she hadn't caused an affront. In fact, she had deliberately gone out of her way to ensure that she hadn't caused insult or wasted any time.

"I was actually granted an audience with the High Priestess," she smiled at this, it had been quite the stroke of luck. At most she had assumed she might be able to gain an audience with a normal priestess but on this occasion fortune had smiled upon her. "She took the time to speak with me, I tried not to waste too much of her time given her position."

Words: 217

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:12 am
She was being coy. He had known that his sibling had really wanted this from the moment that she had caught wind of such a position. While others might have aspired towards a more simple life, the position of priestess had spoken to her and it had taken considerable effort on her part to take the steps to attain it. Tethys was acutely aware that on this occasion his sister's usual smugness had been replaced with cautious optimism.

...She really didn't want to proclaim success did she? Not until she was ready at least.

Not until it was official.

"So what happens now?" he asked curiously as she sat down beside him. He hadn't been aware of the entire set of requirements when she had been discussing them beforehand. She had been fairly vague to be honest, and he had gotten lost somewhere between all the various lessons she was required to take. He could only assume that she might have been redirected by the High Priestess to a willing teacher, but that still didn't clarify how long the entire process may take.

"Do you enrol in some sort of classes or do you have other requirements you need to meet?"

Words: 201

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 am
"I continue with my research and take a few more classes under the instruction of a priestess," she explained as she cleaned out her nails. "Then I believe I can put myself forward for consideration, if they believe I am able, then I will be elevated to the level of priestess," she paused and then nodded, seemingly satisfied by what she had recited. The process wasn't too complex, but there were areas where it could be quite particular and she didn't want to jeopardise her chances.

"It will not be an immediate ascension like yours," she said with a smile, though she knew that in the grand scheme of things, her brother wouldn't settle for being a simple reaver. Something about him had changed over the course of a few months and she suspected that his captain was to thank for that. There was a new maturity, and the expeditions had brought a new perspective.

...Perhaps this was why their father had told them to find themselves.

"So this new charge of mine, who is it?" she asked. If she was going to go in to her den, she might as well be warned so that she wasn't caught out.

Words: 200
Total Words (Dione) : 647

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 am
"That makes sense," Tethys acknowledged that the civilian ranks had some nuances but his sister seemed to have a good understanding of the ones that involved her. Given the type of lioness she was, she would make quick work of the obstacles that lay in her wake and in due time he would expect to be greeting her as 'priestess' in the company of others.

...Now if only his father could see them both when that happened.

It wasn't that Destati didn't express his pride in them, he had always given them encouragement, but Tethys had a feeling this would be a different sort of pride. Suffice it to say that the male would have quite liked a family reunion in the future if that were at all possible... It would be a chance for his father to express his satisfaction, and for their mother to see that her children were happy and healthy.

"Her name is Sima," he said finally and cleared his throat. "She's barely off her milk, I stumbled across her by sheer chance," he shrugged his shoulders. "No known talents at this precise moment in time but no doubt she will begin to display them once she has had the opportunity to grow," he remarked.

"For the time being she'll need direction until she finds her feed.. Though I imagine she shouldn't get in your way, Nanabe has always been diligent in that respect." He pointed out.

He continued along this train of thought for a while before the topic changed the siblings went on to discuss other things. He would be here for a while at least, though he did make sure to mention that eventually they aimed to go on another expedition, there simply wasn't a date set yet... so she was going to have to put up with him for a little while longer.

Words: 311
Total Words (Tethys) : 713

Epine de Rose

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas