Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[VIKING P1] Do I know You? (Oa x Tethys)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:58 pm
User Image

Life within the pride had been going well, even his sister had been graced with an audience with a priestess, and not just any priestess! The High Priestess had humoured her requests for information and as a consequence, she had received the necessary guidance and direction to place herself upon the right path. All things considered, both siblings were now well on their way to establishing themselves within the pride.

Neither had made a huge mark, but nor had they been inclined towards becoming lost in the shadows. They weren't simple civilians at this point in their lives, they were now contributing members of a society, just as their father had instructed them to be.

Tethys could take pride in this, and dearly hoped that some day he might have the opportunity to see his father again. It wasn't that his father had deliberately hidden from them, but as he was not inclined to stay in one spot for long, it seemed unlikely that he would merely stumble upon him. If he were to see Destati again, it would be as a result of the lion deliberately finding him. After all, his father did seem to have the rather peculiar ability to locate them and their mother, no matter where they might have gone and how far they might have strayed.

Alas, there was no use dwelling on his parents as he rounded one of the corners to this more mountainous region. Instead, he would focus on the task at hand and seek out something that may have been of value. They had done well on simpler products, now it was time to step the game up!

Granted, he didn't intend to stumble upon anyone who looked so familiar, but that was precisely what happened as he came to face the lioness who bore a striking resemblance to some of the markings in his family line...

Words: 316

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:59 pm
User Image

He had been missing for more than just a few months now - truth be told their strongest compatriot had vanished in to thing air following the start of his mission. They had tried to locate him on a number of occasions, and each time they had come up with nothing. There had been no trace, no whisper, the lioness was notably impressed that the elder had proven to be so competent at his job. There had been rumours upon the younger ranks such as herself that the older ones, the elders, so steeped in tradition... Spoke an awful lot but couldn't back any of it up.

Destati had proven otherwise.

Oa would have found his corpse by now if he had perished, instead she had found nothing. Her trail had been completely cold since arriving here, it had only been by pure chance that she had found a curious rabbit that had bestowed upon her some invaluable information. The Justicar had been this way, he was still in pursuit of his targets and so far the individual they had fought so desperately to save was still breathing.

And how did she know this...?

Well, though Oa hadn't originally questioned it at the time the little rabbit had advised her that she had offspring with them both. Somehow, their Justicar had managed to have rabbit-offspring. Admittedly it later dawned on her that perhaps not everything had been as it seemed, but she had found a much warmer trail as she wandered through the mountainside. Bit by bit she was drawing closer, and eventually she would be able to offer the Justicar assistance with his task.

What she hadn't expected, was to see one who seemed to bear a resemblance to him. The scaled markings upon his face were there, but the pure white coat seemed to indicate...

"The rabbit," she murmured, expression owlish as she stared at Tethys. "You have the eyes of the one I have been looking for," she acknowledged his presence before he seemed to acknowledge hers.

Words: 339

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 pm
His eyebrows skyrocketed at her words, he wouldn't have thought anything of it if it hadn't been for the fact she had similar markings to his father (albeit reversed). Hell, it had only been when she had made reference to the rabbit, and the fact that his eyes were the same, that it dawned on him she may very well have been referring to his mother. Truth be told, it was either a fairly significant coincidence, or she was looking for the doting deity which even he hadn't seen in quite some time.

Speaking of which, where had she gone.

Food for thought.

Shaking his head, he dismissed his irrelevant trains of thought and returned his attention to the lioness before him. She was smaller than him, but he could see the muscles underneath her coat and knew all too well that she wasn't the average rogue lioness. Truth be told, if he were a betting lion (and he was), she wasn't from around here. She was just as foreign as he was to this barren and jagged landscape.

"If you're looking for my mother she's much more inclined towards more fertile soils," he remarked and shook his head. "And I wish you luck in finding her, as I haven't seen her in quite some time, I imagine she got distracted somewhere," it wasn't said with bitterness, it was simply more matter-of-fact. He did love his mother, but to assume a deity would be at his beck and call would have been ridiculous.

"What do you want her for anyway?" he demanded.

Words: 263

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:30 pm
"What? No!" Oa shook her head, though she acknowledged she could see where the confusion lay. She had made reference to his mother and by the description of his father, even his eyes weren't green. On the contrary, his father's eyes would have been amber... However his reaction did prove that she had indeed stumbled upon the rabbit's offspring, and by extension she had received some confirmation that he was most assuredly related to Destati.

Fancy that, the rabbit hadn't been lying.

Now she had more questions, but such things could wait in the wake of the Justicar's son. Surely if the Justicar's son was here then his father would be nearby, or at the very least, he would know where Destati resided.

"I was looking for your..." she paused and pursed her lips. "Your father? Perhaps you are not one of his children but you bear a striking resemblance to him. I recently passed by a rabbit who advised me that she did indeed know him and that she was the - " she shook her head, this sounded more ridiculous when it was spoken out loud. As a lioness who had never met a goddess, she couldn't compute that such things were plausible.

"His name is Destati, if this is a case of mistaken identity then I apologise, however if you do happen to know of this individual and where he might be, I would appreciate some direction."

Another pause.

"The rabbit indicated that he was somewhere within this mountain range, though she would give no further detail..."

Words: 260

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:35 pm
"Mother of his children?" Tethys offered helpfully, in reference to the sentence she had failed to finish. He rolled his shoulder in a loose shrug, she might have considered it difficult to understand, but as he had been raised as the son of a lioness with rather giant wings, he had learned that anything was possible. "It would appear that you did in fact meet my mother then," he confirmed and glanced briefly the way she might have come.

Perhaps his mother was still in that general direction? He might be able to get leave to explore it as a possibility, his Captain might understand him when it came to family matters.

However at this particular moment in time the lioness appeared to be looking for his father, it was something he hadn't expected. Why on earth would someone be specifically looking for his father? Truth be told, Destati had never been one to inform anyone of his reason for being in the rogue lands... Granted, he had advised them that he was from somewhere, he simply hadn't clarified where.

It really was a small world.

...But his father was somewhere in this range? Now that was of interest to him.

"I didn't even know he was here," he said at last and released a sigh. "Though if I see him, I will at least indicate that someone is looking for him uh..." he squinted and shook his head. "Shall I go with a description, or will he know your name?"

Words: 251

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm
"Oh..." she couldn't hide her disappointment as the Justicar's offspring provided her with the bad news. Well, if he had no leads for her, then she would have to continue along roughly the same trail until she found him. Though she did take note of the lion's offer and considered it for a moment or two. There was method to his madness and in all honesty, if she also knew his name then it would be a perfect way to bridge the distance between herself and the Justicar.

...Afterall, she was young and born after he had left, proving she knew of him and his offspring might help prove who she was.

"It's Oa," she said with a firm nod. "My name is Oa, if you do see him I would greatly appreciate it if you advised him that I am looking for him," she paused and shook her head. "Actually, if you see him, can you please tell him that we are all looking for him?"

Another pause followed.

"Much as changed, we are in need of his wisdom..." she grimaced and took a breath. "In return, if I find him first, I will tell him that I met his son and that you are well. If you would give me your name as well, that is..."

Words: 219

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 pm
All looking for him - what in the name of gods did that mean? He shook the question off, it was a matter for another time.

"Tethys," he replied and gave a nod. "I will do what I can to relay your message if I happen to find him," he reassured and cleared his throat. "But if you would excuse me I..." he narrowed his eyes at the female and shook his head. Like her, he had several questions that would need to be answered or else they would stay with him for good. He could only hope that he found his father in time, or if he did not, that he might find this one again when it was a better time.

"I need to go," he said finally and cleared his throat. "Good luck in your search," he murmured as he continued down his path, those as he turned his back to the lioness his expression clouded.

Perhaps he would get permission from the Captain to find his mother, she wouldn't give him vague answers after all...

Words: 178
Total Words (Tethys) : 1008

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:49 pm
Whatever she may have said seemed to have left a lasting impression, but rather than pursue it further, the lioness realised that he had the right idea. Curious as she might have been regarding his existence, she really did need to locate the Justicar.

Perhaps in time she might cross paths with his son again, but for the time being she had much bigger fish to fry and a rather important individual to locate.

It was with a not of her head that she too turned in the opposite direction of the Justicar's son, and set about moving down an as of yet uncharted path...

Words: 105
Total Words (Oa) : 923

Epine de Rose

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas