Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Billions in the Dumpster!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:32 pm
I've been raiding the dumpster lately, and I have found loads of items there, like aquarium fish worth billions of gold and pretty astras.

I was just wondering if there might be a point to buying ridiculously expensive things in shops, and then giving them away for free to even out supply and to sink some gold at the same time.

Selling cheap in the marketplace is also an option of course.

Items will almost always have the same relative value to each other, so we just need to sink some gold -- and lots of it -- to even out the playing field between paying and non-paying players. Paying must of course be attractive for players, with premium items, collectibles, exclusives and so forth, but it must be possible to get into the market without paying as well.

This is just a quick thought though sweatdrop And it may very well be wrong, a lot of the assumptions about economy xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:29 pm
Pantherea Leonis
I've been raiding the dumpster lately, and I have found loads of items there, like aquarium fish worth billions of gold and pretty astras.

I was just wondering if there might be a point to buying ridiculously expensive things in shops, and then giving them away for free to even out supply and to sink some gold at the same time.

Selling cheap in the marketplace is also an option of course.

Items will almost always have the same relative value to each other, so we just need to sink some gold -- and lots of it -- to even out the playing field between paying and non-paying players. Paying must of course be attractive for players, with premium items, collectibles, exclusives and so forth, but it must be possible to get into the market without paying as well.

This is just a quick thought though sweatdrop And it may very well be wrong, a lot of the assumptions about economy xp

It's actually a really cool idea!
Just last night I purchased a couple thousand Gates in Loyals Bazaar and dumped them in. I'm not even done opening my gate packs but I've already put in half of them, around 1,000.

I've been dumping my multiples and stuff in there too. I'm not too picky anymore. If users can get awesome stuff from Dumpster Dive then they may find it more enjoyable around here.

I'm always doing my best to sink gold around here, too bad there is just soooo much of it emo  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:29 am
Pwnder

Just last night I purchased a couple thousand Gates in Loyals Bazaar and dumped them in. I'm not even done opening my gate packs but I've already put in half of them, around 1,000.

I've been dumping my multiples and stuff in there too. I'm not too picky anymore. If users can get awesome stuff from Dumpster Dive then they may find it more enjoyable around here.

I'm always doing my best to sink gold around here, too bad there is just soooo much of it emo

I keep some multiples xD That's how I can get neat outfits like the one I'm wearing. 3x Song of Passion and 2x Prince's Cream Rose + misc. But what I can't sell for a pretty penny to finance more collectables, I dump in the dumpster. I'm still a little picky, as there are still soo many things I want. But I do at least save up for them like I'm supposed to be, and not just buying tons of gold to get it now...

GC should become GC and not Gold when traded in the marketplace. Perhaps with a hefty tax, like 10-20% instead of the regular 5%, but still. It would give free players an easier way to get GC, I know the daily treat doesn't work for me, but as it can only be bought, and a good bit of it goes away in the MP trades, it would most likely give a greater incentive for players to buy GC and use it. Then GC would be a commodity like all the other things, so those who have a lot of money would be able to effectively "sell" their GC. As the availability increases, demand will also rise as the consumer realize that this resource is within reach. All in all, this would make more money for Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:45 pm
Pantherea Leonis
Pwnder

I keep some multiples xD That's how I can get neat outfits like the one I'm wearing. 3x Song of Passion and 2x Prince's Cream Rose + misc. But what I can't sell for a pretty penny to finance more collectables, I dump in the dumpster. I'm still a little picky, as there are still soo many things I want. But I do at least save up for them like I'm supposed to be, and not just buying tons of gold to get it now...

GC should become GC and not Gold when traded in the marketplace. Perhaps with a hefty tax, like 10-20% instead of the regular 5%, but still. It would give free players an easier way to get GC, I know the daily treat doesn't work for me, but as it can only be bought, and a good bit of it goes away in the MP trades, it would most likely give a greater incentive for players to buy GC and use it. Then GC would be a commodity like all the other things, so those who have a lot of money would be able to effectively "sell" their GC. As the availability increases, demand will also rise as the consumer realize that this resource is within reach. All in all, this would make more money for Gaia.

After dumping those Gates I bought 800+ Loyals Bug Jar and threw those in this evening, then threw in 400+ gold charm packs cool
Been getting a loooot of Thank yous

I personally don't think that increasing the MP tax is going to make a significant difference. It might if the tax increased as prices exceed a certain limit, like 2% on items under 100M 4% 100M-500M, 5% 500M-1B, 6% 1B - 10B, so on and so forth. It may discourage users who inflate prices, but probably not enough. I like the idea of a listing fee instead of a tax. If a user is going to list something for 300B then a percentage of that cost is taken out upon listing. That would really discourage item inflators, then we would find more consistently, fairly, priced items in the MP. Doing it this way would help combat the CG purchase - gold generator - option and at least give some balance to the MP.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 am
Pwnder
After dumping those Gates I bought 800+ Loyals Bug Jar and threw those in this evening, then threw in 400+ gold charm packs cool

I personally don't think that increasing the MP tax is going to make a significant difference. It might if the tax increased as prices exceed a certain limit, like 2% on items under 100M 4% 100M-500M, 5% 500M-1B, 6% 1B - 10B, so on and so forth. It may discourage users who inflate prices, but probably not enough. I like the idea of a listing fee instead of a tax. If a user is going to list something for 300B then a percentage of that cost is taken out upon listing. That would really discourage item inflators, then we would find more consistently, fairly, priced items in the MP. Doing it this way would help combat the CG purchase - gold generator - option and at least give some balance to the MP.

I'm set to anonymous for donating to Dumpster Dive, so I probably wouldn't get that by doing the same thing. cat_razz Mostly because I can't tell what I should be doing with the cheaper items. cat_sweatdrop Trash anything below a certain value? Trash anything cheap that can be easily bought and donate the rest? Donate absolutely everything? Hoard everything? What value would count as "cheap" anyway? cat_gonk I almost want to start a survey or poll about this.

But I also like the "tax changes according to how high the item price is." If the cheaper items have little to no tax, people with almost no gold won't lose as much. There would probably be a cap put on the tax at some point though, or people will just use the Gaia Exchange or something. "What?! Listing something for 100 trillion gives me a 90% tax?!?!?! What a ripoff!!!" As long as the tax doesn't get too unreasonable, people may be willing to pay it to avoid the hassle of Gaia Exchange. cat_razz

I don't know if it would work differently if implemented on Gaia (maybe more people using the Marketplace), but I think they have a listing fee for listing items on Solia. Personally, I didn't like it, mainly because if you're selling an item that's not very in demand, yet valuable, it might take a while to sell. Or (which may be Solia specific) there just aren't enough people browsing the item listings, or the website itself just doesn't have as many people as Gaia. It could be related, but a lot of items were rarely available for buying (not exactly an improvement, especially with people willing to pay more). It seems easier to list large amounts of items if there's no risk to just listing them (other than the post-sale tax). Most of my items sell, especially since I make a point of listing everything significantly below the current lowest listing and average price, but a few still don't sell.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:43 am
Pwnder
Pantherea Leonis
Pwnder

Ah, you misunderstand. Not increase the tax on regular gold trades, but have GC purchases yield GC to the seller, and possibly have a high tax on that.  

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

Great Lakes haze

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:58 am
I just tried it, and I got Scornful Loathing Style. rofl

I can't sell it for much, but the facial expressions are pretty funny, so I can probably use it.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games