quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:59 pm
continued from here
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:08 am
      Ducking his head through a rag of dirty red cloth, Zindel continued to walk through the streets of New Hemisect with a fixed goal in mind. He knew where he was going, almost like a map in his mind as he swerved a corner and slid into a dark alleyway. He walked slowly and deliberately, like a natural pretender, and squeezed the others hand in his own.

Holy ********, he was guiding a rebel by the hand. What was he thinking, he could get killed! But he was curious, and while normally he wasn't too keen on being seen as a rebel sympathizer, normally he wasn't offered such a direct way to speak to his friends. If he wasn't caught.

Zindel turned another corner, sliding into a hivestem and finding an orangeblood in charge. Exchanging a few words, the redblood was nodded at before silently jutting his jaw to the basement. Zindel entered and carefully made his way down the stairs. "Watch your step." He murmured, being careful with a few of them until they reached the bottom and slid into a room inside the basement. It seemed abandoned, unused. In reality, it was where he occasionally came to get a nice warm shower and sleep in an actual recuperacoon. The owner was sympathetic to him as long as he saved a little money for him after his exploits. It was surprisingly silent and had very little dust. He released Stryke's hand, sliding it into his jacket before looking at him with curious eyes. The tension was palpable. "So." Zindel started, voice surprisingly steady, "The rebels need money, and they're sending inexperienced lowbloods to do it." Zindel stated, quirking a thick eyebrow. Stryke wasn't really the first he'd pick to steal money. Etsali was a far better choice. "Is that why you're here, or is there another reason?"

leon_a_darkangel

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:16 pm
Stryke still wasn't sure how entirely wise it was he was letting himself be lead away by Zindel to an unknown location. He was one of the trolls sent out to find himself, and the other rebels. His thoughts were jarred as he felt the other squeeze his hand. The dark alleyway gave him pause as his horns brushed under the red rags of cloth. For all he knew the other as walking him directly into a trap.

Somehow that didn't seem like Zindel's aim. Least of all when he took him inside a run down hivesteam and spoke with an orangeblood. The hood shadowed his features, added with him keeping his gaze down as he wasn't really sure talking was the best choice right now.

Stepping down onto stairs cautiously he followed after the other as he moved one step at a time. Once the other finally let his hand go, Stryke pushed both hands into his robe as he looked to him with a unreadable expression as he began to talk. Cringing ever so slightly, Stryke noted the fact this small hive seemed to be absent of anyone but them. Every detail including the lack of dust, to the silence was noted.

Slowly removing his hood, he let it drop behind him as he gazed at the other. His chin even sank into his scarf as he debated on what he was comfortable saying. "any movement does, but that's not why i stole.." Stryke took in a deep breath before sighing. "it wasn't logical of me, but i screwed up when i bought my white tuskbeast gift for an exchange i saw going on, and didn't budget for food cost while here. rather than hunting alone..i tried to pick up quick beetles before venturing back home." Stryke actually jutted his lower lip out, in a sour display from being caught red handed. Really he was usually more careful than this. He'd had his reservations before engaging in the act, and the end result had lead him to this hive standing before one of the trolls he'd grown up around in passing over the course of the last few sweeps.

"it was entirely my choice..so other reasons. i'm not sssure sorry is what is in order." He explained with a small tsk as he rubbed the back of his neck finally. What exactly did Zindel want to talk to him about? Surely not the ethics on stealing. The idea made the yellowblood's brows arch in turn as he looked to the other with a curious expression of his own.

quite uneventful.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:21 pm
      Watching Stryke remove his hood with his arms crossed, Zindel leaned onto the wall as the yellowblood explained himself. He explained his reasons, and honestly said excuse only left the redblood amused. He'd bought... A present, misused his money, and was trying to steal what he over used. Zindel wasn't judging him-- He'd done similar only on less similar agreeable terms. He dimly remembered leaving a troll to die once. Oh well. "And so... You're joining an exchange. Even though you should be in hiding?" Zindel raised a brow quizzically. Maybe it was like Etsali visiting him at Bloodfest. The got bored over in the swamp, he guessed. "That's-- Not what I meant to ask. Um..." He rubbed his temples. "I don't want or need an apology. I guess I just don't understand why you'd steal from a redblood. We tend to know what trolls of our range do when we've bumped into each other. I'd recommend bumping into a higherblooded troll before they go shopping. They've usually got a lot of cash on them and don't notice it until they're already at the store." Why was he giving him tips??

The dust on the floor seemed a little more interesting than Stryke's face, at the moment. "B-but that's not why I brought you here." He cleared his throat, rubbing a hand down his face as his cheeks reddened a little. "I-- Uh. I got worried. I've got... Friends on your side I haven't heard from in a while." He started, then opened his mouth, closed it, and opened it again. "Also because we tend to unintentionally bump into each other and usually one of us is seriously hurt or something so I just got a bit-- Yeah." He exhaled. "Yeah." Pursing his lips, he stared up at the ceiling before rubbing his neck nervously. "Do you happen to know an Etsali, Ephias, or a Voscil?" He knew it'd been a long shot, but it didn't hurt to try.

leon_a_darkangel

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:22 pm
Stryke looked to Zindel as he leaned back in an oh-so casual manner as if he was appraising him. Stryke had enough dignity left in him to blush intensely at the other's noting he was basically doing something he shouldn't be doing given he was meant to be in hiding. "i'm at least in disguissse when i do...and dressed as a yellowblood. so the blood color won't be an issue. but yesss i should be in hiding." Stryke admitted sheepishly, humor drained from his features leaving a tired, haunted expression momentarily. He'd learned his lesson dressing in color's outside his own. It didn't protect him, it made things worse if anything. Byakko had made that point clear, as did his encounter with Kursha dressed as the orangeblood Daquan.

He didn't want or need an apology. Stryke frowned a little at the comment, giving Zindel a strange quizzical look. "honestly...i didn't really know what your blood color was. you were just the first i happened to bump into..i'll keep that in mind? even if i won't try this again." He laughed wryily, clearly uncomfortable especially given the one he'd stolen from just gave him advice how to do it better. It left the yellowblood slightly flustered if anything, although he appreciated the sentiment. Why was he giving him tips anyway..although Stryke kept the information set aside if anything for future reference.

Stryke's eyes averted then as the other looked away from him. Unconsciously he pulled the scarf around his neck up higher. His brows furrowed as Zindel said none of that was why he'd brought him to this place. His eyes searched the other then, attention fully centered on the redblood as he looked...embarrassed? Stryke bit his bottom lip. He listened patiently to Zindel as he expressed his concerns and worry. Stryke's features softened suddenly as he mentioned having friends in the Phoenix Initiative.

As he asked if he knew the three mentioned trolls the yellowblood pursed his lips. "yesss...i do. they are newer recruits, but have been extremely helpful in their own ways. do...you need me to relay anything to them?" Stryke offered tentatively, moving a little closer to Zindel. This left Stryke needing to tip his head back to look up to him. Even if he was looking upwards towards the ceiling, rubbing his neck Stryke nodded finally in response.

Just the same Stryke also sighed softly, offering a calm albeit small smile on his face. No wonder Zindel had refused to let him escape.

quite uneventful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 am
      When his face flushed yellow, Zindel sort of glanced away, feeling a small chuckle on his tongue as he continued explaining himself. For a second, he looked older, somehow, and Zindel didn't need much more of an explanation of that. Life was hard, doubly so as a yellowblooded rebel. He needed to be a lot more on top of things, or he'd get captured, tortured, maybe even die. All in all, not good things. The more he spoke of how he'd just gone and done it frustrated Zindel. As a (better, but not necessarily amazing) thief himself, it was almost insulting how he did it as if it were just about necessity. It was about art too.

Oh, ********, he hung around Etsali too much. She was even influencing him. He covered his face. "Yeah, yeah, alright. Just try to be more careful. Dead means dead, after all." He stated, eyes not exactly landing on the other as he idly scratched his cheek. His eyes darted over toward Stryke at his approval. Somehow, he felt relieved. Hearing from Etsali that they were okay hadn't been quite enough to seal the deal. He'd always felt a little unsure, but if even a peer had realized they were fine, he could relax. He ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes. "That's great. That's really, really great. <********> He sighed, releasing his troubles before looking at Stryke and pressing the bridge of his nose. "I... Do they look... Happy? If you know?" He asked. At his offer, Zindel opened his mouth, closed it, then sighed. "I miss them. Wait, no, don't tell them that. I-- ********, I don't know," He cursed once more, groaning and sitting on a plushy nearby chair as he ran his hands through his loose and long, thick hair. "There's really nothing I can say to them. Me being alright isn't that much of a big deal compared to their being alright." He had a nice hive, even if it wasn't exactly his. They... Hell if he knew. "Just let them know if there's anything I can do that doesn't involve me... Breaking any laws, to let me know. I guess?"

leon_a_darkangel

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:39 pm
Stryke realized even as he talked, that he hadn't been as careful as he had in the past. Sighing softly he rubbed the back of his neck as if it was his turn to look away. He'd have to be more careful if he planned to stay alive over the sweeps to come. There was silence between them for a long moment, Stryke didn't really know what to say. He'd tried at least, although he wouldn't call this is best work. Stryke might have thought himself older in his mind. The truth of course was trial and error even for the most careful of trolls could be applied from time to time. Byakko would have told him he was a fool most likely. The thought brought a small smile to his lips despite the worry and disconcern in his mind. Lesson learned he supposed.

Sighing softly he looked to the other, while reserved he smiled patiently as the other reminded him to be careful. "ah.. i do not intend to give in so easily now, or ever. i made a promissse to sometroll afterall." Sarcel. If he did give up, he would not be a troll of his honor. Closing the topic with a slight tsk like sound he'd heard his lusus make many times growing up he raised a brow then at the other as the topic naturally graduated to those he had concerns for.

"happy..?" He asked softly, with a flicker of concern and emotion behind his stern expression. He considered his words, and how he mentioned missing them. Nahori, Sarcel.. both of them came to mind in the context. "they seem to have a close bond with one another, and have adjusted well." Stryke described how the red and orangeblood trolls seemed close, like they shared more than just a simple friendship bond. "i'd say they all are in their own regard, given we all had choices." He went on to explain the lightning psionic, and another taller yellowblood with burns on his face were equally as close. Stryke also tried to note anything he could about his companions to the taller troll before him.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 am
      “Good.” He stated clearly, accepting the change of subject whole heartedly. “Make good on that, then.” He wouldn’t ask more.

His question had apparently set the other off somewhat, and Zindel almost said he didn’t need to answer. He responded before he could tell him no, and seemed a lot happier after hearing it. “Good. I’m… Glad.” He wasn’t really, but hearing them okay was enough for now. “They’re my best friends.” He said, though the word friend felt foreign in his mouth. He didn’t use the word often, that much was obvious. Listening to Stryke talk about his friends, Zindel felt like an outsider in the affairs of the others, feeling glad Etsali and Ephias were just as close as they were when he’d left them. He was a little incredulous at Vos being close with this “tall yellowblood with burns,” but he figured he’d chill on that. In his memory, she was still the small, excited yellowblood who’d helped guide him through the cavern. He couldn’t dream of her actually being with another troll, especially one he didn’t know.

leon_a_darkangel

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:33 am
By the time he'd finished talking about what he'd seen of Ephias, Voscil and Etsali he realized he hadn't named one of the others mentioned. "reemus i think his name isss? yes, that's right." He added after thinking over a few of the newer faces that had come to stay with them. Stryke didn't have his journal, he'd noted small details about everyone including the children around the Outpost. Zindel seemed to want information, even if it was not a easy to swallow pill. It was the least Stryke felt he could do to let the redblood know about his friends.

The yellowblood paused abruptly before asking his next question however.

"etsali..you know her well yesss? is she a very complicated troll? wait..never mind. don't answer that." He exhaled suddenly as he dismissively waved his hand on the topic. No, the topic wasn't relevant...it was confusing even to realize he'd tried asking sometroll close to her about her.

quite_uneventful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 pm
      Reemus?! Did he mean that dumb yellowblood from before?! Voscil was with Reemus?! Deciding not to dwell on that, he continued to listen, dimly wondering how such a follower like Reemus became apart of the rebellion.

At Stryke’s question, Zindel raised a brow. He’d told him not to respond so Zindel shrugged, but chuckled. “I won’t, then. Though someone seems interested. She’s closed on the red front, pretty sure.” Even if she hadn’t been, he still wouldn’t have let just anyone try for her quadrants. He didn’t really know Stryke that well, and so far he failed the thiefy test. Then again, he wasn’t anything but a friend to her, so he didn’t have the right to be protective. “I don’t even know if Etsali has black thoughts. I’ve only seen her angry a few times…” Zindel tapped his chin. She was always smiling that secretive smile, it was hard to discern.

leon_a_darkangel

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:23 pm
Stryke found the other talking about the trolls as his best friends as reason to reply although it was delayed. He'd sat on the information as he told him about the trolls requested about. "you know..i sort of know the feeling. two trollsss i care for the wellbeing of have nothing to do with the initiative, one is even a loyalist solider of somekind." Stryke pursed his lips in consideration. At least from what he could tell he'd brought the redblood some small measure of comfort in his report on those involved. It was hard to imagine exactly how he felt, he did not know the exact nature of the trolls involved and their relationship beyond what he'd observed.

The yellowblood's expression was blank as Zindel retorted about her quadrants. It wasn't exactly what he'd been asking at least directly anyway. He fumbled over what he wanted to say next. Even open and closed his mouth a few times as if he was embarrassed. "i'm aware her red's accounted for...i jussst told you that has been my observation for them as well. yeah..i don't know if i have them either." He huffed over the matter as he shook his head slightly. It was complicated! He wasn't even sure he really knew how he felt about the girl and her irksome prank-like behavior. That secretive knowing smile, she was good at getting her way.

Clearly rattled to be having this kind of discussion, he pushed the topic aside once again as the other noted it would be more harmful than good. Stryke crossed his arms tighter over his chest suddenly as he shifted his weight a bit. "so..do you want them to know you miss them or not? i will gladly pass the information along." The other promised, before loosening his arms to outstretch a hand to Zindel. Stryke waited, hand held out to shake as a sign of his promise.

quite_uneventful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:17 pm
      Zindel's eyebrow lifted. "Ah. Yeah, I expect many of you have trolls you care for on the other side. What's this about one being a loyalist soldier?" Zindel was curious. Would he know them? No, he wouldn't, or... Zindel sighed. Maybe it was just wishful thinking. Maybe it was bad to know.

Zindel stifled a laugh. "Surree." Zindel teased, folding his hands and chuckling in amusement. It was entertaining to watch the other stumble over his words when confronted with said topic. "'S good thing too. Leaves room for other trolls who'd want you." Zindel smirked a little, obviously teasing, but also half not because Stryke did have a cute face. Then again, thinking about the dangers, it was definitely teasing and not serious in the least. (It still didn't stop him from appreciating what was in front of him, though.)

“No.” He deadpanned. “It’ll… Harm more than help. Just say the other thing I said. With the, uh, if they need any help, I’ll do it. As long as it’s legal.” He slid a hand into the others and shook it firmly, finding his smaller hand strangely delicate before adjusting his beaded scarf. “We have to go soon. This room is safe but it’ll only be that way if we don’t stay too long.” He didn’t want one of his only safehouses to go to waste. If Etsali came back, he’d keep her here, safe…

leon_a_darkangel
>:3c

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 pm
Stryke exhaled slowly as the other asked him for more details. "i don't want to endanger her...but i owe sarcel for allowing me to live..much like i have you to thank. i just hope she's alright. it's just best i don't try and interfere." He frowned slightly, the wishful thinking for somehow amending the gap between the difference in the rebellion and royalist was a long way away.The two had a great deal of tension, and things would only continue to remain difficult for the foreseeable future.

When the other barely could contain his laugh and drawled out the Sure, Stryke felt his cheeks blossom with heat. Citrine creeped back onto his expression as he pulled up his scarf over his mouth. When had trolls decided it was good to tease him? "w..what?! me...?" He retorted giving him a pointed look as his brows furrowed, his laughter was clipped as he shook his head. The disbelief on his features was followed with a wrinkle of his nose at the other. He got the distinct impression the other was just kidding. No one would want him, not like THAT anyway..not once they understood the dangers of his chosen life. He'd been fortunate for Byakko's support, but that was very different than what that smug smirk had implied. ugh. The handsome jerk was even chuckling at him. Stryke wished for a moment he could melt into the floor. s**t.. He needed to put such thoughts aside, he felt his pump biscuit tighten.

"underssstood." Stryke noted back calmly as he could, assuring the other on the more serious matter. Stryke made eye contact as the larger trolls hand shook his trying not to mind the fact his hand was larger than his own. Releasing after the handshake Stryke carefully adjusted the black fabric of his scarf. "ah. i'll be see myself out of the city soon...i wouldn't want to cause any trouble for you either." The yellowblood noted as he pushed his hands deeply into his jacket his gaze averted.

"before i head out what is this place exactly?" He finally asked, curious even as he regarded the other. "and on that note. how..has life been for you?" Stryke asked gently then as he looked back the way he'd come from the entrance. He knew his time was short here, he'd be leaving soon as he promised the other. However he couldn't help ask a few questions himself, as Zindel had been so quick to come to this place.

quite_uneventful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:30 pm
      Zindel paused. He blinked. "Sarcel, as in, Sarcel Cincil?" Zindel asked, incredulous. His face held a very are you kidding me vibe. "She's fine. She's helped me, two times now." Zindel said, seeming grateful. "She's working directly under the Queen now." Kind of like he was, but more official and obvious. Zin was just undercover or whatever. But Stryke didn't need to know that. And while Zin could ask him, it just seemed like it'd be too out of the blue, or something. He resolved to find out any info on his own time.

Oh my gog, he was blushing. Zindel's smirk only grew wider from the response, chuckling lightly as he responded quite heavily. "Well, yeah you. It's not that hard." Zindel shrugged, then remembered, and gave him a sheepish smile. "We all fall in and out of red feelings. Even someone as trapped as you." Zindel shrugged, as if saying, 'why not?' "You don't need to take it seriously."

Their handshake ended, and Zindel looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Do you even know how to get to the main square from here?" Zindel asked, unbelieving. This troll wasn't accustomed to NHC. He definitely didn't know. "It's alright, you'll just probably get lost and get shanked by some random troll if you stumble into the wrong alley." He rolled his eyes, then looked around the place. "It'ss kind of like my safe haven. I come here when I need to be alone." Chiara was sometimes too overwhelming, and Zindel couldn't take that. He made sure to keep it a secret from her. His eyebrows raised at the others question. This was new. "Life's been good. A lot better lately, it's been looking up. Got a part in a musical starring Odette Cygnet." He muttered, searching the others expression for any sort of reaction to her name. Information was information, after all. "Oh, and by the way." Zindel reached out and grabbed one of his hands, pulled out the pouch of money, and placed it in them carefully, no discussion. "You forgot this."

leon_a_darkangel

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:08 am
Stryke looked at him, staring really for a long moment as he replied and gave him a rather shocked look before relaying he knew her. "don't..mention me. but i'm glad she's alright." At least he could walk away with that information tucked away. Of course she worked directly under the Queen. Stryke would contact her again directly. It risked either trolls safety more so than ever.

Shaking his head slightly, Stryke looked at him with a sort of strange half smile. "maybe ssso..but if love finds me of any kind, it won't be because it was a casual affair zindel." Despite his embarrassed blush, he clicked his tongue at him thoughtfully. "i take most everything seriousssly, didn't you know?" Stryke actually chuckled. He rubbed his nose slightly as he fussed with his scarf, his own incredulous look was shot to the other as he made it sound so simple. "trapped? no. i chose to follow a troll based on feelings of moirallegiance..even if i didn't realize it then." He gently corrected. Stryke was comfortable despite the hardships he'd endured over the sweeps. He’d had the same choice as many kids his age did. He would not take the pity card for it.

Stryke frowned as he shook his head when asked about Main Square. "no..not with all the running around. i'm not sure where we are." He admitted. Stryke rolled his eyes when Zindel indicated he'd get stabbed. "nice vote of confidence...directions would be nice?" He requested.

A safe haven. It was what Salamire had become to Stryke. "ah i'm glad you are doing well...congratulations on the part, impresssive it's...with her." He looked surprised given his eyes widened. Stryke had known her as a small boy, nor had he seen her in a long time. News about her was nice, even in passing.

When he grabbed his hand, Stryke turned his full attention back on the redblood. His eyes were wide, searching as he placed the beetle pouch so carefully in his grasp. "are you...s-ssure?" Stryke felt the knot in his gut tighten; he bit down on his lip trying to keep the translucent yellow tears from falling. His generosity caught him off guard. Stryke covered the others hand with his free hand as he looked at him. Zindel had saved him..and was yet again. "thank you...for everything." He added, unsure how else to say what he felt.

quite_uneventful

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces