Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Reg] See You Again (Cordelia & Lucien) Fin Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:07 pm
Her hands trembled as she paced the living room of her apartment, fumbling her phone. She had an important phone call to make, knowing that the message would go to voicemail. Lucien had a habit of not answering his phone, mostly due to the time zone difference-- No, that was what she liked to believe, but that wasn't really the case. He just didn't enjoy talking on the phone. Stars, if she was to be honest with herself, it wasn't like she did either... Not after everything.

His number had been programmed into her phone and set to dial without hitting 'send' for longer than she'd thought it would have taken her to make the call. Wording was everything. There were things that she couldn't say over the phone or through email. Hell, she would have simply called his senshi phone or sent the text through that, trusting it to be more secure, if she'd even thought he kept it on him anymore.

Closing her eyes as she paused in the middle of her living room she hit 'send', waiting for the tell-tale beep that she had reached the end of his answering service.

"Lucien-- Luc, it's me. I know we haven't exactly talked much lately, but... You're going to get some news soon. It's going to be terrible, and you're going to want to act accordingly, but trust me when I tell you that it's okay. Don't call me back when you get this, Luc. Don't write me an email or send me a text. Just-- Luc, just come home. I need to talk to you in person. Please don't worry about me, or about the news you're going to get. Just come home." Her voice was pleading by the end, although she'd managed to keep her tones even throughout the message, adding on quickly at the end, "Text me with your flight information and I'll meet you when you get in. I miss you, idiot."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 am
For once he hadn't ignored his phone due to hating talking on it or not hearing it. He'd been neck deep in some research with earphones in and didn't see his phone blinking at him until well into the evening. Frowning at the voicemail from Cordelia's number he put the phone on speaker and set it beside him while he listened. Half way through he paused and told it to start over, having only been half listening expecting it was another update on her life and asking when he'd be home again.

If she was going to sound like she was having a panic attack she could have at least called. Whatever it was she was going on about was probably going to make him mad and, he guessed, she'd rather he be where she could tie him down before telling him.

He knew it wasn't either of her parents. If something had happened to them she would have just called no matter how much both of them hated it. So it had to be something she couldn't talk to him over the phone about. But they both had other phones she could have used. If she didn't want to use that ....

He was staring at the last confirmation for a flight on his laptop screen before he even really registered that he'd started booking a flight. <********..."

He knew he should go back to DC, had been thinking it anyway, but he'd wanted to go back on his own terms. He still had so much research to do and he'd been intending to go back to the Asteroid in the morning since he had the day free.

Instead he was going to get on a plane in eight hours.

Flight 826, Southwest. Lands at 7pm tomorrow

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:59 am
Text to Luc: I'll be there.

He'd booked an earlier flight than she had anticipated, but it was easy enough to trade off on shifts at work to make arrangements to pick her cousin up at the airport. Everyone at the Paw had been incredibly understanding, many of them having friends that had been at the other night club the night of the attack-- No, they weren't calling it an attack, were they... What was it they'd figured? Gas leak that had put everyone to sleep followed by an electrical fire?

Many had been injured that evening and there hadn't been as many casualties as there might have been had she and her friends not been there that night. The Negaverse could certainly claim a victory over the establishment, but she counted the victory that she'd had even bigger in reclaiming one of their members.

The obituary for Rikard Ulysses Colby listed his cause of death as complications from the injuries sustained during the unfortunate events that took place at a local night club. He was survived by a mother and father, divorced, but mourning the loss of their only son. The write up was short and spoke nothing to the person Rik had been. It didn't talk about his smile or his interests; made no mention of what he had been studying in school or what sort of promising young life had been lost. She could only assume it was because his parents had never invested enough time in him to actually know anything about the son that they'd lost once he graduated highschool.

The article closed with a link to a web page where condolences could be made to the family. No mention of a service was made, nor was a final resting place listed. It was certain to be frustrating for those who considered Rik to be a close friend of theirs, those wanting a chance to say 'goodbye', but believable enough given the inattentiveness of both his mother and father to begin with.

She sighed as she closed out the article on her phone, brushing her fingers back through her hair before snagging her keys on her way out the door to pick up Luc from the airport.

Grymoire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 am
He'd packed up enough stuff for a trip and stowed away the more important things before finally going to sleep and made arrangements in the morning for a company to come by and pack the rest of his things to be shipped back home to a storage facility later. He'd rented his smalls studio with all the furniture so he didn't have that much to bring home anyway and figured Cordy would let him crash on her couch until he found a job.

While in the air he'd been skimming the news, trying to keep up with everything now that he was an 'adult' and paused at an article about Destiny City. Another incident with a large death toll.

It didn't list much so he flipped around until he got to one of the local news companies and started looking through the casualties.

Rikard Ulysses Colby

The name stuck out almost like a red flag. He hadn't gained many friends before he'd left for school but Rik had been one of them.

"Oh I'm going to kill her ...."

He dropped his phone onto his lap, hands clenched as he tried not to have a breakdown in the middle of his flight. She could have at least called. Given him some sort of warning that he was flying back home for a ******** funeral. Instead of just some stupid thing about needing to tell him in person.

When the flight landed he hadn't calmed down much and shoved past the other passengers to find his cousin and his bag.

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:22 am
Cordelia had found a bench to sit on near the bag carousel that all of the luggage from Lucien's flight was being brought to. She checked her phone to see if there were any updates, making sure that her ringer was still on as well just in case Luc called her if he didn't see her sitting there waiting for him.

It had been worth a chance hoping that he would read a book on his flight instead of skimming through news blogs concerning Destiny City. He'd spent enough time away that she had hoped he would just trust her to fill him in on what had been going on around town. There were things she hadn't wanted him to find out from anywhere else, but there were risks that she also hadn't been willing to take so she was, at the very least, ready to face the consequences.

Grymoire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:32 am
He spotted his suitcase on the carousal before he saw his cousin. Yanking the luggage off he paused to look around before seeing her sitting one of the benches at the other end of the claim area.

Stuffing his phone in his pocket he shifted his grip on his bags and walked over.

"Don't worry about the news huh?"

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:37 am
Cordelia cringed at the look on Lucien's face coupled with the biting tone of his voice. She didn't blame him-- Couldn't blame him, really, assuming he'd seen the same post that she had only hours ago.

"It's not what you think," she murmured softly, keeping her voice low as she rose to her feet. She wanted him to trust her, but if he'd already let the doubt and worry in it was going to be harder to insist on that. "I can get your bag, if you'd like. We can talk in the car."

Grymoire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:49 am
"Really? So the "terrorists" didn't kill one of my only friends?" His voice was low, not believing for a moment that it was some sort of gas leak and fire. Not with the Negaverse running around like they owned half the damn city. "Cause that's sort of what it looks like according to all the papers."

"Tell me it's something else."

He wanted it to be something else. He didn't want to have to come home just to lose one of the few people he had left eh could call friend or family.

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 am
She paused for a moment, glancing around before reaching out to lightly rest her hand on Lucien's arm, half expecting him to jerk away from her touch. "I promise I'll tell you everything once we're in the car. Luc, please, just... Trust me. I know I'm asking a lot right now. I was asking a lot in asking you to come home, but just this once, even if you never do again, trust me."

Grymoire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:09 am
"Could you be any more cryptic?" He huffed as she caught his arm. "I do still answer both my phones you know so if it was something about that you could just text me there." He didn't know if she thought he'd ignore that phone too or what but the whole point was so they had a secure communication line.

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:24 pm
"You left, Luc. You chose to leave all of this behind. How was I supposed to know you'd answer your other phone?" Her brow furrowed as she cast a glance in her cousin's direction. "I didn't-- Stars and stones, Luc, I didn't want to drag you back into all of this if you didn't want to be a part of it again. If you were safe somewhere else I'd rather you be there, but..." She couldn't just lie to him about what had happened to their mutual friend.

"And, for the record, I'm sure I could be more cryptic, but I don't actually enjoy being that way. There's a reason why I'm not living at home anymore."

Grymoire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:35 pm
"I didn't leave it all behind. You just see it that way." He shook his head slightly. "We shouldn't be talking about this in the airport. Anyone could overhear us and god knows what they'll think." Or worse yet if one of them was a Negaverse agent.

"Car, then we can talk." He wasn't going to be any happier but at least if they were somewhere no one else could overhear he'd feel better about yelling at her.

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:50 pm
Her lips pressed into a thin line as they made their way outside in silence, heading through the parking garage to where she'd left her car. It was easy enough to see what he'd done as leaving everything behind if only because he hadn't come back. She didn't blame him-- Couldn't, really, when she had been so sorely tempted to leave and never look back on her own.

She popped the locks of her car open, opening the trunk so that Luc could throw his bag inside. While he did so she moved around to slide into the driver's seat, sighing as she brushed her fingers back through her hair to pull it up into a pony tail again.

Grymoire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 pm
He put his things in the trunk before pulling open the passenger door and sliding into the seat. It was probably going to always be a sore spot that he'd decided to finish school instead of staying in DC. But after everything he knew that had been the right choice. He'd learned more getting away, grew up more, and now he could dedicate himself to being a Senshi. It wasn't something that was forced on him anymore. It was something he chose.

Once Cordy was in the car he looked over at her. "Why didn't you call me to tell me Rik was dead? I have two phones you could have called and you do it when you know I wont answer and then don't tell me anything on the voicemail."

Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:18 pm
"You never answer when I call you. Why should I have thought this time would be any different?" She snapped back, eyes narrowing as she glanced at her cousin for a moment before starting her car up so that she could back out of the parking space.

"I called you to tell you to come home so that we could talk in person, for once. You should know by now that you can't trust everything published in the papers, especially the papers here... I was at the club that night too, Luc," she murmured, grip shifting on the steering wheel. "Civilians started dropping like flies, energy drained, and then by the time we realized that something was wrong this idiot Captain showed up and so did a youma."

Grymoire

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces