Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:17 pm
User Image

This is the final ORP in the Fall of Shangyue Metaplot.

A chance for both sides to finally hear what to expect now.

Participation is required if some characters wish to remain in the pride.

As such, this ORP will remain open for one month

FAQ

Q. What happened to the surprise we were promised?!
A. What? Who said that?? No surprises here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:18 pm
User Image

After very carefully considering her options, Lailah K`chol named Kimondo the next Queen of the Mwezi`Johari. Despite being in the High Class and the great-granddaughter of the late Queen Alcmene, it caught Kimondo completely off guard but she agreed to take on the responsibility. Her immediate response, aside from disbelief, was to remark that she would need help.. and she did get it, but she was learning quickly that this was still her job, these were her decisions now, and nobody was going to tell her what to do. So she was doing the only thing she could think of.

The very first order of business was, of course, to deal with the remaining loyalists. Especially those who had been specially recruited by Shangyue or had committed unforgivable deeds on his behalf.. but there were many sorts of supporters that the former king had had and there was no clear way to deal with each of them.

So, on the same night she officially became Queen, under the same full moon and while the pride was still gathered together, Kimondo immediately announced her decision: Some would be exiled, free to leave now and never return or face death. Some would be given the opportunity to avoid exile if they would simply approach the Queen and offer some show of loyalty to her and the pride as it is now, if not sincere regret for whatever actions demand exile. Some who were recruited by Shangyue would need to ask permission to stay within the pride again, to show that this is where they want to be.

And many others could take this opportunity to publicly show where their loyalties were now that the king was dead. For those who had regrets or had changed sides, it was a chance to get it all out there at once.. so they wouldn't have to have the same conversation with everybody and their mother from now on.

There was only one other pressing issue to address: the slaves. Though Kimondo privately felt they had been manipulated and misused by Shangyue, she didn't fault them for their loyalty to him when he offered them something they thought was better than they had now. She has offered a promise to find ways to make things better for the Low Class but admits she will need help.. in the meantime, the Royal Guard would be disbanded and she would release any and all slaves who wish to depart and seek better fortune outside the pride.

Just as Shangyue shared his blessing with his Royal Guards, Kimondo would send off any slave who asked with her blessing and the wish for them to find happiness and safety in another place.

She sat in her place before the crowd, trying her best to keep her back straight and her expression welcoming. Anybody who knew her would see through it, though. She was scared nobody would accept her or the decisions she was making, she'd be shaking like a leaf if not for a deep well of willpower she didn't know she had before.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Action Required

Exiled
Firaga (Tonberry Queen X)
Celosia (Safaia), Fasrin (samus x)

• Firaga is being exiled with no chance to change any minds. If he is seen in the pride’s territory again, he will be killed (so they say, at least).
  • Celosia could make a case to stay, but has done nothing to merit any hesitation on this primary ruling.
  • Fasrin could make a case to stay, but his wife Nebesa has already been spoken to and will not intervene on his behalf. His children are being given the opportunity to stay without question.

Tonberry Queen X

Safaia

samus x

Under Threat of Exile
Parisa (Ecavi)
Dwyllodrus (mouselet), Chunyue (Puhterodactyl), Iloziya (Mysses Greenie)

• Parisa was instrumental in Shangyue’s ultimate demise but made few friends in her time as Queen and has made loud efforts to install one of her own children as the next monarch of the pride. Trust in her is minimal. She may fight to stay but will need Liuhe (Ecavi) and Yueyun (Excited Apathy) on her side.
  • Dwyllodrus has the support of Parisa but while she is in questionable standing, he is not safe. For the murder of Umepatwa, he will need to make some show of regret for his actions and loyalty to the pride.
  • Chunyue has the same opportunity as Dwyllodrus to show regret for his part in Umepatwa’s death and to show his loyalty to the pride. Since he has already been more visibly sympathetic to the rebels, he has a better shot at making his case.
  • Iloziya stayed out of the spotlight but, on principle, he is being lumped in with his brothers unless he is willing to swear he is loyal to the pride.

mouselet

Puhterodactyl

Mysses Greenie

Atonement Required

Any lions who supported Shangyue are not being asked to apologize for their actions or their loyalty. This is a controversial decision on Queen Kimondo’s part but she refuses to force anybody to denounce the former king and apologize for their belief in what he was standing for. While there are some who are unquestionably unwelcome in the pride, like Firaga and his children and Tyfu’s children, there are others who truly believed in him.

Any lions who were recruited by Shangyue for his coup may choose to leave now that he has been overthrown but if they wish to stay, they must ask permission. A sincere interest and belief in the Mwezi’Johari and the Great Lion are necessary when anybody joins as a rogue, anybody willing to show that now will be welcomed just as any other former rogue, regardless of what words or promises brought them here originally.

Any member of the pride may approach Kimondo to wish her well and show their support at this time, whether they sided with Shangyue, Meshach or the Rebellion. This will be the best opportunity for any Loyalists, especially those who took part in any questionable activities on Shangyue’s behalf, to show they are loyal to the pride and support the new Queen.

Must leave or ask permission to stay

Belial (Mysses Greenie)
Cho’simba (I Lady Kiya I)
Shor’ame (I Lady Kiya I)
Yue’he (Lethrossen)

Mysses Greenie

I Lady Kiya I

Lethrossen

Action Recommended

Public appearance/show of support recommended

Halili (mouselet), Orion (Ecavi)
Ikwezi (Ecavi)
Nina-dini (Andranis)

Kin (Andranis)
Nkosazana (magnadearel)

mouselet

Andranis

magnadearel

Renounce any claim to the throne

Liuhe, not Kimondo, is asking that all of Shangyue’s children formally relinquish any claim they have to the throne out of respect for their new Queen and the decision of their Shaman. This is more important for his full siblings, especially since their mother has refused to shut up about it even after all this time.

This is not required but would make Liuhe happy (and Parisa unhappy).

Liuxing (Polette), Yueyun (Excited Apathy), Yuehua (Kathryn Dragonna), Juexing (Safaia), Xiyang (mouselet), Laleh (Polette), Rashne (Andranis), Omid (Safaia), Rahim (Ecavi), Sarfa (Tisiphone).

(( I admit part of me just likes the idea of them all being involved ;3 ))

Polette

Excited Apathy

Kathryn Dragonna

Safaia

mouselet

Andranis

Tisiphone

Special Announcement: Slaves

This announcement affects all slaves, regardless of whether or not they were drawn in by Shangyue’s promise of making their real power within the pride known by recruiting them as Royal Guards.

Kimondo is allowing all slaves the opportunity to leave the pride. They will not be hindered, but they will not be welcomed back into the pride should they change their minds. Clearly, if Shangyue was able to recruit (or manipulate, as some would put it) so many slaves, there is a problem. If there are any members of the low class who are unwilling to wait for change and are not afraid to leave the pride and Great Lion behind, they may go.

To take advantage of this opportunity, your low class character must post in this RP stating their intention to leave.

Exception: For any Royal Guards who did not defect during the metaplot, they must post in this RP if their character wishes to stay. If they do not make a point of publicly accepting their place in the low class once again, it will be assumed they are not interested and are deciding to leave.

Royal Guards, recruited by Shangyue

Akahana (Alpaca Chobi)
Gaki (Alpaca Chobi)
Najisi (Andranis)

Royal Guards, existing members

Akemi (Safaia)
Lunik (Puhterodactyl)
Mvushi (Lethrossen)
Nazani (Yin-bug)
Taini (Yin-bug)

Mabichi’giza (Puhterodactyl)
Yksivarinen (mouselet)

Alpaca Chobi

Andranis

Safaia

Puhterodactyl

Lethrossen

Yin-bug

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:59 pm
User Image Humility was painted across Kin's face - And if one stared him in the eye, they'd find it was genuine. He stepped before the queen, letting her position override her relation to him. The lion with the dust-cloud legs bowed his head, the fluff of the fur draped around his neck mingling with his mane, "Kimondo, I'm here to express my loyalty to the pride. And to apologize for siding with a tyrant. I saw how miserable some of my closest relatives were, in the low class, and wanted only to help them. I thought it would be for the better of the pride, but as time went on I saw it wasn't. Then I feared for my life, because what would Shangyue do if I showed waning loyalty? My loyalty, though, is to the pride, first and foremost." He looked at the gathered lions, shame taking over his expression before he went to find somewhere to hide for a bit.

User Image If anything could be said about Rashne, it was that he was, in a word, lazy. He had no aspirations, and no desire to do anything with his life. Up to that point, he'd not even bothered to learn how to hunt. Which was a damn irony, since the lioness that had been following him since he was a small cub, and insisted they were going to be mates one day, was in the lower-middle class and thus a hunteress. If he DID wind up taking her as his mate, which he still doubted he would, he'd become a hunter, and then he couldn't just be the lazy prince anymore. When he felt it was his turn to talk, he rolled his eyes, looking sideways, pointedly AWAY from Tama, who was all but plastered to his side like a leaf to a rock in the rain, "Since Tama's SO convinced we're destined to be together, I guess I have to renounce any claim I have to the throne." He shifted, trying to get away from the dark lioness. "Not that I wanted it to BEGIN with, I'd have to drag some sad sack off the savannah and HOPE she wakes up High Class if I wanted a mate." Again, he tried to shift away from Tama. She only moved closer to his side.

User Image Oh, the poor little spotted purple prince! Najisi felt like he was going to be sick, watching Rashne and Tama. Though it was more Tama than Rashne, he looked like he was still in that stage of life where girls were gross. Licking his lips, the gold lion turned to the gathered lions and the queen, "Shangyue recruited me from outside. I thought it'd be interesting to join in. I have no reason to stick around the pride any longer, there was little else that interested me." Where he'd go, he didn't know. Perhaps where he could be a chaotic jerk again. Or maybe... He'd just wander.

User Image After her cousin and her fellow former Royal Guard, Nina-dini was the last. She'd thought, the entire time, about the offer of freedom, and while her cubs had come to her mind as a reason to stay... It just wasn't strong enough. She had never asked for them, never expected them, and had felt a strange sense of loss when they'd been born a class above her. She looked at her paws, before she looked up at Kimondo. "I've never felt like I belonged. My cubs have a better life here, and I feel they'll have a better life... Without me there. I'd rather they not know their mother as the miserable low-class lioness who bore them. I leave them in the care of my cousin, Kin. If they want to come find me... So be it. But my place is not here." She started walking away, focus on the ground as she whispered, "I'm sorry..."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 am
User Image

Kimondo had made her announcements and then she had braced herself. She didn't know how Lailah or the pride would handle what she had to say, especially about the slaves. In her heart, though, she knew it was the right thing to do. And she knew that this whole ordeal was necessary in getting her acclimated to her new role and to help the pride heal. Unfortunately, Kin stepped up first and made her feel absolutely horrible about it.

"Kin," she murmured, searching for the proper way to respond.. and finding nothing before he stepped back and went to hide. Fortunately, a happy distraction came in the form of Liuhe's little brother.. trailed by a familiar admirer. And she couldn't help but smile at them.

"Go with my blessing, Najisi," Kimondo said simply when the former Royal Guard accepted his exile readily. She expected as much from most of them, in fact, so she was ready to be polite and encouraging.. she did not expect it from Nina-dini, however. Not only was she one of a few lions in the pride to take advantage of the sudden lack of chaos and have cubs even while the pride was left in limbo.. she was family.

"Go with my blessing, and my love, cousin," she called after Nina as she turned and walked away. Right thing to do or not, this wasn't going to be easy. It would be a long night.

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Some distance away from the queen, a scene was developing with some members of the former royal family. Liuhe had seen Rashne pass by them and was grateful that their mother had not noticed, but he couldn't say anything. He didn't trust to take his eyes off of Parisa.

"Mother, please," he said, a tinge of desperation in his tone, "You can't stop this now, you can only make things worse for yourself."

Parisa had many strong feelings about the announcement of the new queen, but nothing compared to the indignity piled on top of the unjust decision of their Shaman this night. If Liuhe abdicated, Liuxing should have been made queen. They were as much her children as they had been Shangyue's and they were born princes and princesses. It was their right! And as queen herself, Parisa had ultimately done what was best for the pride.

Now her children were being cast aside, asked by their own brother to denounce who they were.. and she, despite the part she played in the downfall of the king, was under threat of exile! Exile! And the king would not even be dead right now if not for her!

"Liuhe, how could you do this to us?" she hissed, "And you won't even stand up for your own mother! After all I've done for you, for this pride!"

Rahim stood silently off to the side, watching his mother and his eldest brother argue. He had never known what to make of his family and their position in the pride. His mother told him he was a prince but the pride told him they had no princes. They had no king. His father had been a king, but he even got mixed information on that from his immediate family members.

Still, he was more curious about the fight breaking out than immediately rushing up to make a show of support for the new queen.

So, with a sigh, he watched the drama unfold between mother and son.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:58 am
User Image

The many internal battles that resided within the dark lion whom had approached the gathering were countless. His Mother, dead and Father along with her. Then there was the small matter of the dishonor he bestowed upon the pair of them for not being there on either occasion to help.

Iloziya continued his approach, though he hadn't the foggiest idea why, why would he stay somewhere that had allowed such possibility to be fizzled out? How could he also stay when he knew that some of his own kin may be there to see him day in and day out knowing full well that their brother hadn't been around to do anything about, well anything. It felt as though a whole other lion sat on his shoulders, leaning to his ear and whispering vile things to him. The feeling of betraying his own weighed the most.

No. The thought belted loudly within his own grieving mind, anger boiling as he came into view of the pale Queen, Kimondo. He knew her name, though only in passing - beyond that small detail he knew nothing of the lioness except that she'd taken a place that should have continued to be his Fathers. That alone had sold him on his decision, he wouldn't stay - he could give his loyalties to her, nor did he feel he should have to. It seemed he wasn't the only one to feel as though the need to bow down wasn't there. The dark lion caught a small amount of the bitter words spewed by Parisa - recognizably the previous Queen, mate to his Father.

Rather than follow suit with her pathetic attempts to find resolution with her emotionally laced words he decidedly left in silence. There was no need to share words with the lioness, calling herself Queen, so he didn't.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:52 am
User Image Caritas made her way up to the Queen, noting that some former Royal Guards seemed to be leaving precipitously. The black lioness wondered what their decisions were, but felt no need to pry. At least, not at this time. She was sure the gossip would make things clear in the aftermath.

"Congratulations!" the Midwife told her new monarch as she came near. "I'm sure your reign will be as filled with light as your predecessor's was darkness." She wanted to add something about looking forward to witnessing the birth of Kimondo's children, but she couldn't recall whether the young Queen had any would-be Kings or Consorts around. So she kept her mouth shut in order to make things less awkward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User ImageAfter trying (and failing) to guess who the new Queen would be, Tseva had been insanely curious as to what would happen next. Especially given the announcement about the Slaves. That the Royal Guards should be dissolved went almost without saying, but it would be very interesting to see which supporters of Shangyue - and which members of the Low Class - would stay and which would go.

"She does look regal," Tseva murmured to Avahk as they stood off to the side watching the various lions approach the Queen. "I know the Seers saw the end of Shangyue's reign, but did they say anything about how Kimondo's would go?"

User ImageUnlike his mate, Avahk was distinctly uncomfortable with the thought of two of his friends being able to See the future. Sure, Tseva had tried to explain it to him, as well as the value her birth pride placed on such lions. But he couldn't help feeling that the future was something only the Great Lion should know, and mere mortals had no place dealing with it. Only time could tell anything, right?

"I, uh, don't know," he told Tseva, hoping his nervousness on the subject didn't show. He really wished the black lioness hadn't brought it up. Otherwise, it was a lovely night, with the new Queen holding her audience. Truly, it was perfect. Cool but not cold, the weather was clear, Avahk was certain the Great Lion was smiling down on the pride.

User ImageLailah stood off to the side, watching. She was here to make it quite clear that yes, she had chosen Kimondo and that she fully supported the new Queen. Without the...coercion that Shangyue had felt necessary. It was rather nice to not fear for one's life, a fact that the white lioness deeply appreciated.

She had been surprised at the younger female's announcement that any Slaves who wished would be permitted to leave the pride. It was something of a reversal of the old policies that had held sway since long before either of them were born, which said that Slaves must be protected from the dangers, as they had little favor with the Great Lion. Still, Lailah could see the wisdom. Shangyue had been able to take advantage of the resentment that had bloomed in the Low Class because of that view, to the sorrow of the pride. Perhaps Kimondo could guide them through starting anew.

User ImageHalili was torn. Kimondo's offer to the Slaves was tempting, she couldn't deny it. But in order to accept it, to allow the world to see her as a full equal, she'd have to leave the Mwezi'Johari, her family, and all she'd ever known. There was no doubt about her loyalties - any hold Shangyue had had over her had died with her father - but this...this was different.

She had watched Najisi and Nina-dini approach the Queen already and depart. The beige lioness suspected they were leaving for good. But she was not yet ready to go up there.

"What do you think, Orion?" she asked her mate. "Stay, or go?"
Ecavi

User Image Nyeusi was pleased. Kimondo was a kind, level-headed young lioness and the Great Lion's eye made her fur shine in the darkness. A clear visual indication of Kimondo's light after the darkness of Shangyue. There was no doubt in the Huntress' mind that the Great Lion was pleased, and that the Shaman had chosen correctly. Nyeusi hadn't doubted that Lailah would do so, though she did admit to herself that she'd been a bit concerned by how long the process seemed to be taking.

Still, that was all done now, and the pride was in good paws once again. However, it seemed like not everyone might be pleased with this result. There seemed to be an argument brewing with the former Queen and the former Regent. That whole family had been tainted, and it seemed their darkness intended to sully this beautiful night.

Nyeusi quietly moved closer to Parisa, Liuhe, and Rahim, judging whether or not interference was warranted.

User ImageAtz was thrilled by the fact that they had a new Queen and that everyone seemed to be much more hopeful and positive. Her own children were grown now, and while she'd had them in a fit of pique during the dangerous times, now the lioness contemplated taking a true mate, and raising a more complete family. She was certain to have more free time now - the Guards as a whole should have less to protect the pride from. Though the Royal Guards were abolished, and they had helped somewhat to lessen the load, they hadn't been quite as useful as those of higher class. Royal Guards simply didn't have the training real Guards did, and everyone had known them as Shangyue's bully boys.

But that was in the past, and tonight, the future looked bright! Atz began looking slyly around, wondering how many single males were here.

User Image Yksivarinen was standing in the back of the crowd, nervously pawing his shiny necklace. Neema hadn't much liked his decision to wear it, but it was the nicest thing he owned, independent of how or why he'd gotten it. He knew he'd have to go up there, say something to Kimondo, but he wasn't sure what. The monochrome male had grown up in the Mwezi'Johari, and becoming a Royal Guard had been the best thing that had ever happened to him. He hadn't just been "Icky" then.

But, well, Shangyue hadn't been a super nice guy. And 'Varinen had tried to do his best, but the King just...hadn't seemed to like him much.

There were a lot of lions here, but he'd have to do something before the end of the night, and he simply didn't know what. The male thought about asking Neema, but he got the feeling she might laugh at him. So he stood there, nervously fiddling with the necklace that marked him as a Royal Guard.

User ImageIki'renkli was pleased to see that the new Queen was much closer to her own age than she'd feared. And that she was determined to solve some of hte problems that had led to Shangyue's ascendancy. The Hunt Leader hadn't forgotten her older sister's words about the class superiority that had led to the break between their mother and Grandfather, and now that her eyes had been opened, Iki could understand where that problem had come from.

It was her opinion that having a younger monarch would do the pride a world of good, especially because Kimondo had been a big force in the rebels against Shangyue. She had respect already, as well as past experience being a leader.

Eventually, Iki was sure, she'd go up and offer her congratulations and respects to the new Queen. But later, after more of the improtant issues had been resolved.

User ImageDwyllodrus was shadowing Parisa, having acquired a distaste for letting her get too far out of sight, especially now that her younger litter was fully grown. Certain...promises...had been implied, and he meant to see them kept. He'd idly thought several times over the past several moons that it was a shame he and his siblings had been born into the Upper Middle Class, and not the High Class. Otherwise he himself could have succeeded Shangyue. But, that was not to be.

And now Parisa was hissing at her son, the one who'd given it all up. Dwyllodrus considered interjecting his opinion, but it wasn't yet the time for that. Besides, they hadn't attracted too much attention so far.

User Image"Oh, she looks so pretty!" a pale purple lioness whispered to the Shaman. After the formal ceremony, Inenekazi had wormed her way over to her mother's side when it became clear that Lailah had done her part and was leaving the rest of the night to Kimondo. Not to mention that it was only recently that 'Nene had felt safe in approaching her mother again. Lailah's temper the past moons had been...difficult.

Oh, 'Nene understood it of course. Being Shaman was a big responsibility and only her mother could do the job, unless if she abdicated in favor of one of her Apprentices. Who were both perfectly nice lionesses and 'Nene was happy to call them friends. But that didn't mean she didn't hold a bit of resentment for the duties which had made Lailah isolate herself from her family for all that time after Shangyue's death.

At least that was over now. Hooray for Kimondo!

User ImageNketa's strongest emotion, here and now, after Kimondo's coronation, was relief. Even after Antara's talk with the Shaman, she'd been afraid that her own position as Shangyue's eldest would somehow overrule everything else and she'd be forced to become Queen. Only after the ceremony was complete had the lioness been able to draw an easy breath once more.

The lioness leaned her head on her twin's shoulder, letting the tension drain out of her body as she watched the procession of well-wishers and decision-makers go up towards the new Queen.

"I should probably go up there too," she sighed, gesturing at Kimondo and the small crowd.
nessiaing

User ImageMoholi was nervous. His dad was in trouble - big trouble - or so he'd been told. He was super happy that they had a new Queen at last, especially after moons and moons of a brooding, angry Shaman trying to figure out who should be the new ruler of the pride. Moholi wasn't the brightest star in the sky, but there'd been some tension in his family and he wasn't really keen on drawing attention to himself.

He was a Hunter and he helped feed the pride. That was good, and it was more than enough for him. He felt a bit sorry for some of the lions who were connected to all the bad stuff but didn't really want any part of it. Like that purple lioness, the one who'd shown up out of nowhere near the end of the former King's reign. They said she was a twin to one of the Shaman's Apprentices and that she was the rightful Heir, but most of what Moholi had seen was a very shy lioness who wanted nothing to do with anything. He could see her now, over with her twin. Actually, he wasn't sure which was which or how to tell the two apart.

If he could tell one from the other, he might've gone over to say something to her.

User ImageKotulo Khoeli was paying rapt attention to the ceremony and then to the audience Kimondo was hosting. However, she got the feeling that not every lion around her was being as respectful. In fact, when the Lady turned her head, her own mother was looking just about everywhere else!

"Mother!" the younger lioness hissed. "What on earth are you doing? You're supposed to be watching the audience, not the crowd!" Ugh, it was times like this that Kotulo truly believed what they said about Atz'mayiy - that she'd gotten pregnant by a passing rogue purely as a prank to the pride.

User Image"It is pretty selfish of you, Liuhe," Xiyang added from her own position near her family. She was less than pleased that the Shaman had completely passed her over when determining the new Queen. Frankly, she considered herself the more attractive and regal-looking of the two. After all, Kimondo had been scrubbing around trying to undercut Shangyue. Xiyang had been a perfectly well-behaved Princess.

A Princess whose brother was trying to sabotage his own family!

"Are you even going to stay here now that you've ruined everything?" she asked nastily.

User ImageJitu watched the proceedings quietly. He'd understood when he joined the pride to be with Ukulwa that things were...unsettled. Even so, that hadn't prepared him for the reality. Hopefully with this new Queen things would get back to "normal" - whatever that was. Frankly, considering how many Kings and Queens the Mwezi'Johari had had in living memory, he was a bit concerned for Kimondo. It just seemed like she was destined to die young, having taken up the crown. Not that he'd say that aloud where anyone could hear, but the lion had to wonder if anyone else saw what he saw?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:11 am
User ImageMiyako was excited, her Aunt was the new Queen! And she had met her before this was even on her radar. She was beaming with pride and she awaited her turn to approach and give her congratulations to her. She gave her a toothy grin but then settled down, she could do this, act calm. Giving a bow of her head. "I hope your reign is as long as it is prosperous." She was so full of pride for her family member and she didn't care if anyone else saw it.

Ecavi
we gotta finish the other rp sometime XD

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:38 pm
User Image

Yueyun's strongest emotion at the outset of the evening was relief. He and Liuhe had been all too visible in the aftermath, due to their role in Shangyue's fall. And no matter what he said, there had remained lions that believed that they'd done it to try to claim the throne.

Not that his mother hadn't been trying to push for just that. Even now he saw her haranguing Liuhe. As much as he wanted to avoid her, he wasn't going to just let Liuhe take that. Frustration welling inside him, he stalked up to the argument, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with his brother. "Tell me, Mother. Do you honestly believe anyone would accept us on the throne after what Father did? Half the pride thinks we're tainted because of it! If you want to blame anyone for ruining anything, blame him."

His voice and eyes were uncharacteristically hard, evidence of how embittered he was with his surviving family. Did any but Liuhe think of anything but power?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:19 pm
User Image

Zuri`zola had ensured the cubs were taken care and would be monitored until the gathering to honor the new Queen was ended. She had followed shortly after to find Yueyun within the gathering.

Upon her arrival she began to seek him out in the crowd, thinking he would be within it - instead she spied a small gathering all it's own. One that appeared to be lead by none other than his Mother. A deep sigh rumbled through the purple lioness, but she approached all the same to find out what was going on, of course that was when she witnessed Yue speak up.

Though not having known the lion more than long enough to end up with a couple cubs and begin to raise them she wasn't sure she'd know him to have such an outburst. Yet here they were.

Silently she took up his other side, a few steps back from the entire affair, but close enough should he seek out support - which would be readily available.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:18 pm
(Cho'simba isn't mine. O: )

User Image

Unsure of what had fully happened, and everything seemed quite blurry since he was put in a situation he didn't expect to happen like it did. While he felt things were how they were suppose to, after that moment he wasn't so sure. He was dutiful, but perhaps he was on the wrong side of things. Blinded by what he had been told.

Uncomfortable, but this had been the only place he had new as home. He stood up, proud as he could muster. Trying to hide his fear that had come over him since that faithful night. He walked towards the new queen. Bowing, he looked up at her. "I know nothing else, and wish to ask permission to stay." He said with a humble voice. "Despite the part I played, I feel there is no other place I belong." He added. "The pride is my loyalty, I only seek what is best for it."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:07 pm
User Image

The old Head Guard had arrived, as was expected of him (or as he expected himself of.) Taking a spot close to the queen, he downcast his eye somewhat, showing both his respect, and remorse for not having done more than he could with the situation with the tyrant.

Nyota had been known to do anything, lose anything, for the heads of this pride - but for once, he had failed in helping stomp out the situation, and would repremand himself later. For now, the new Queen needed someone close, and he would be there, if needed.

It didn't help that he had seen her grow up.

"Your highness."
He gruffly murmured to her, hoping to catch her attention enough to bid his welcomes, before turning back to the pride that was slowly coming together. Ever watching.
User Image

------

Quickly, and quietly Kivuli arrived, the rather virile Patrol Lead coming to watch over what would unfurl with his niece through blood - well, the Queen, definitively, but he knew where the lines were tread with this family tree. He was basically related to everyone.

Riding upon his back, chattering softly, Labeka was whispering his thoughts out to the pale lion, whilst his . . . daughter was on his heels, chirping away with the bird companion he had taken in, but Kivuli wasn't one for conversation. There was a huge knot in the pride now that need to be unravelled, and he was worried that it would prove to be an incredible task - one that he has little abilities to put towards.

Maybe he could push some of his kin towards her, he knew there had been some bad blood, here and there. It was a bad idea, but it was an idea!
User Image

------

There was no way she was going to be missing this, Dama thought as she skirted in behind her father, her tail flicking at her sides as she went to sit next to the older lion when he finally rested. It was her thing, her job in entirety.

So the Historian sat, and watched - more so when her nephew came up to renounce his ties to the now-deceased tyrant. She, herself, had not agreed to a side, hoping to watch the on goings with unclouded eyes. Nudging her father, she gave him a little look, as if to say 'hopefully all is well now', a softening of her features.

She knew how worried he was about his (albeit rather long) lineage.

------

User Image
There was a lot Mot still needed to learn about his new homeland. Yes, there was a lot of history to go through, and he was slowly taking it in through lessons with the little Historian that sat near the Patrol Leader, chirping alongside with a bird, but he felt sometimes overwhelmed. He almost considered this his pilgrimage from his old pride. Almost.

Watching the Queen from her almost ethereal realm, he softly nudged his mom as he closed in, electing to stay close to his parents whilst everything went down.

"She is rather lovely, isn't she." He answered his mother's thought, before sitting down slowly, looking to his father and then the queen again.

"I'm sure whatever will be, will be though. I'm sure there's a lot of questions though, and who knows how these things work, right?" He finished, nodding as if he had the answers. (He did not.)

User Image

------

Janus had been born in the pride.

It was all he had ever known, even with the visions that he was entrusted by some benevolent force greater than him. He was less than entertained about the prospects of leaving them - but he also knew he had been a slave his entire life. What would it be like to be free, liken to the birds that flew overhead?

It didn't help that his sister and her other half were now being requested to be given an answer on their faith - whether they stayed or went.

Clearing his throat a little, the warm-pelted slave gave her a small look, almost questioning her decision, before turning back to the regal Queen who rested before him. What he would do if his gifts let him read minds.

"I do not wish to leave, if that is alright with you. He elected, in the end, giving her a soft bow. This was still home, whether or not he had a low title.

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:20 pm
User Image

Yuèhuá did not care what his siblings said or thought. He cared even less what his mother said. He cared about the pride, and the majority of the pride had suffered and been ripped apart by their father. His brother could say what he wanted, make a big show of trying to force all of them to do what HE wanted and renounce their claims to the throne, but this pale lion had a different idea. He was going to do something a bit more. He did not want to do as someone else told him to, but he also did believe that their cousin, distant though that blood might be, was good for the pride. She had proven herself a good lioness just by what she had said so far in her short time as queen. Some part of him was sure that the Great Lion shown kindly on this lioness and he was going to ignore his bickering family.

Yuèhuá still was not happy that his own family could not get along, though he did see the need for his father to disappear from power. Mind finally made up on what he was going to do, the almost pure white lion with the moon on his forehead stepped right up to the new queen and bowed as low as he could. "Some might say I have a claim to your throne, dear cousin. I say that I gift myself and any claim I might have had to you, the rightful queen, to do with as you will. My father has done great harm to our pride, and I believe you will heal much of that. I wish to assist you in any way that I might, to atone for my tainted blood in any manner you see fit. By the grace of the Great Lion, Gracious Queen Kimondo, I am yours from this day forward."

There was a part of Yuèhuá that hoped his mother heard EVERY word and choked on it. The pride did not need he and his siblings mucking up power. What the pride needed, was grace and good deeds to heal their people and their way of life so they might move forward. He did not believe any of his family had what that would take to achieve. He only hoped that with the new queen's guidance, he himself could do some good. Of course, the petty part of him still hoped his mother choked on what he was doing, but that was one of those little voices in his head that he would pretend to ignore so that people did not think ill of him. He really did need to work on his good character on the inside at least, but that would come later.

Ecavi

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces