Mioyo lie in the grass, watching trees quietly, mind lost in thought. Mioyo, Athena... Simply names for the female whom felt, at the moment, the unloveable wretch. She had failed as a leader, and failed as a mate and mother, and though not young, she wasn't old yet. Not in her mind. Three times now she watched prides crumble. She watched children die, she watched them leave. She watched children break and watched them grow and one even find love with her best friend. She.... Had no cubs stay by her as some mothers. She was close to those whom passed or left her. She was with Zao for now but she only knew it was a matter of time before he left as well.

Mioyo probably deserved it. The red lioness' tail tip flicked breifly, a weak, slow motion as she sighed, eyes half closed in thought. What joy was worth the ephemeral existance it had? What was worth a brief hope? Was it her? Surely that. What a pathetic creature. Mioyo rolled to her side, and sighed, starting to doze before anther body startled her awake.

She was the pale white of the moon, and deep blue, purple... And green, and Mioyo groaned. The markings and hues were wrong, but the lioness covered her face with her paws. Failure. Another failure. Another reminder of...

"So." Noh drawled. "You're on the border. Do you have a demon or are you just unobservant?"

Mioyo glanced up, and blinked, ears flicking, and she paused.

Was she really so close to the demon lands?

Noh'Vah had been out roaming.Partly, she was hunting, noticing her own child hiding often and hunting much but seeming lean -- so it was her motherly duty to feed her child, and partly boredom and serious thught. So many changes, many good. Finding a giant of a red lioness was a surprise, and the lioness leaned in, delicately sniffing at her. When proven alive, she'd finally spoken to her.

The tired green eyes were unexpected, and the red lion seemed to re-flop.

"I am but a wretch with no home." Came the response.

Noh grunted, and frowned, circling briefly."Then why are you at our border?"

Mioyo sighed, rolling onto her paws to study the female bitterly.

"Poor Fortune, I promise you." She said.

This female was tugging the edged of her mind by scent, a familiar scent on her pelt she knew once, long ago. The lioness grumbled, stetching.

"I can go." Mioyo sighed, and Noh shrugged.

"Are you sure you weren't led here?" She drawled. Mioyo frowned.

"Yes. Hakuna might not welcome me into her land without her sister. But before I go, something's bothering me about you. Who is your fathetr?"

Noh paused at Mioyo's question and gave it thought before nodding.

"The Shalori. His name is Kohrisu. Why? Nobody cares much who father is."

Kohrisu. A rank Mioyo had not heard. Her heart skipped once, twice, and then looked to Noh. Kabichi's great grandcub? A slave? Or.... No, she didn't act it, so what...

"Do you have siblings? My.. Great Grandsom was named Kohrisu." The question was unbidden, but Noh seemed intrigued.

There was something about this lioness that told Noh she knew her line. Her father -- and with that pretty red, if she enticed a new demon for once, well. What a fine example of her skill as chil. And the female seemed ever so hungry for company. A little bait, a little information... Triuths were more useful than lies, after all.

"I do. Kabi, and the others, aren't with me however."

"Ksabi?" Mioyo felt her heart stop. It was... No. It couldn't be coincidence. This was Kohrisu's child. He remembered his grandmother, he--

"--I know your father." She got out. Noh blinked, tail swaying idly. Mioyo swallowed, and shook her head.

"He is -- my great grandson." She pressed, and Noh stopped. Her gfather, related to this massive lioness? Her quiet, meek, humble father, related to a red lioness?!

So then, she had more possible demon blood than thought. She needed to bring this female back. Take her to mother, to the others... It was time to drop the trail of crumbs then.

"Then you'd be pleased to know gffather is well, and mated to my mother." She smiled, nodding peaceably. "Of course so are my aunts, uncles, and other relatives. Happy, that is. And my daughter has recently had children."

Mioyo gaped quietly. The trail was working well and Noh stretched, purring.

"Kabi has a fine mate and cubs as well."

"She does? And you have.. Grandchildren? How many..."

Noh sighed, thinking.

"Well on Dad's side we've aunt Nully and her kids, then Eppy, uuuuhhh..."

Noh had to think, but Mioyo's jaw was slightly agape, blinking slowly. So many... And Kabi mated with cubs!

"Might... I meet and see them all?" She asked softly. Noh stared, then smiled, tail curling. Hook, line.

"I should think so but you would do well to speak to mother and the other leaders. Just in case. You understand."

Sinker.

Mioyo seemed to think, looking down in thought. The demon leaders would be... An iffy moment, but the lioness had no doubts if attacked she could defend herself. On the other paw... She could see her children. Her descendants anyhow; to know them well, hale...

Whole. Was it worth the risk? Yes. Gods, yes.

"...Fine."

"You won't regret it." Noh rumbled. Inwardly, even Soprano was delighted, the beast growling in excitrment. Demon blooded kin - even if she did not know it -- and Noh caught her wandering in darkness and so misguided. Surely, Moricorm or Hakuna might set her straight. Her relations too, would be pleased to see kin returned to them. It was bold, but she pt herself already on the clever work before Mioyo rose. She was a giant, rivalling what she was told of Firekin, and Noh beamed brightly, bowing.

"Which way?" Mioyo asked, tone weary, and Noh purred, nodding her head brightly.

"Follow me. I'll lead you." She cooed. Right where you can get your path set stright. was added mentally, and the smaller female turned, purring to Mioyo befre moving for the pridal territory. Mioyo sighed, and nodded, following the younger lioness evenly as she walked, and simply prayed she was making the right call to see her kin, even at risk of encountering the demons as she followed Noh for the heart of the pride.