Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 am
Tasinei

Tyiva walked along the edges of Jahaur warily. Her mothers had told her of an event which they were to see, but it didn't stop her from being worried about the journey. What would happen when she left the edges of Jahaur and ventured into this strange outside place? Her fingers clutched around a simple bow as she glanced around. She knew of shifters, had even seen a few here and there, but the other races she wasn't so keen on. Remember your lessons. She had to stay calm and not let anything strange stir her. After all, didn't the young mystic even give her a mission?

Please go be my eyes? I want to hear all about it!

This was then her duty. Taking a deep breath Tyiva had to reinforce such feelings. Leaving home was a task - something that should be held with high respect rather than feared. And even if she were more petite than some of her sisters that didn't stop her from eventually towering over any earthling! So how dare they even try to intimidate her? "I am not afraid." She whispered quietly to the winds as they rushed around her. She was a well trained warrior (to be) and was confident that she could best many who challenged her. I will go and meet up with others who have already left for these festivities and prove myself. Her hands clenched into fists the young alkidike began to simply run through the trees. She would catch up and make it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 am
Sabra Knight

Karothdra struggled with herself. She barely ate, barely bathed, and it took all of her energy for her to even move about the world. Paraskevas followed her as a shadow, slept with her curled in a ball as close as he could and sometimes even brought back food for her. Karothdra was disgruntled and one could only think what the Perzi thought of its owners look. At least he wasn’t mad at her for bringing him all the way out here. He seemed to be thriving on hunting out here so at least one of them was having fun right?

The Oban had seated herself atop a small waterfall, content on just sitting there, yes closed and soaking up the sin. She did not bother going into the water though even if she knew she was dirty. She just… Didn’t care. Everything didn’t matter anymore, life was just dead. Karothdra really didn’t feel like she had anything to live for anymore. All those years of hard work had come to an end, her brother had won and her hard work had given her nothing. All of this because he had to go and kill their father because he wasn’t man enough to work for it himself.

“Paraskevas!” Karothdra yelled out, she wanted to get a move on now. Where was her Perzi? “Paraskevas!” She yelled again, eyeing the surrounding area. Worry gripped her; he was all she had left in his world. Had he abandoned her too? “Paraaskevas!” This time worry had set in, Karothdra began to climb down from the water fall but one of her foot slipped and she went tumbling with a loud splash into the water.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:29 am
Tasinei

As the trees began to thin Tyiva's movement began to slow. She was at the border now. Soon enough this wouldn't be Jahaur anymore. How far away was this Soot- no Sauti country? She didn't have much time to dwell on that, however, as a shout caught her attention. Who? Frowning, Tyiva gripped at her bow before turning on her heel. Was someone being attacked or looking for something? She couldn't make out the strange word coming from the foreigner, but hearing a loud splash definitely made Ty move.

Strange earthling or not Tyiva was not one to abandon someone in need. Tossing her bow into the grasses the alkidike dropped her traveling pack and arrows so she could move into the waters. Thankfully it wasn't as deep as other waters, but being near Chibale had trained the young alkidike well. Moving forward she reached out until her hands connected with something. Tugging sharply, Tyiva pulled the figure against her own body before pushing back up towards the surface. A few short movements had her back on the shore and pulling Tyiva dragged the stranger back onto the shore.

While she did wrinkle a nose at the messy appearance of the soaked foreigner Ty did make certain to push against her chest once or twice just in case she had swallowed water. That done the Alkidike crossed her legs and sat next to the fire earthling before holding a curious finger under her nose. Was she breathing still? Seemed so. Since that was decided Tyiva waited a few moments to give the stranger some rest before finally commenting, "I believe if you were wanting to swim then the idea is to be at the top of the water and not at the bottom of the river." Secretly she was thankful the woman was okay, but it didn't serve to hold her tongue. Why would she be climbing up on the waterfall like so? She had shouted...that was right! Tyiva's gaze flashed as she quickly looked up and around the area, "Is there someone else here? Did you get shoved in while fighting perhaps?" Her hand moved towards her hip where a dagger was secured...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:12 am
Sabra Knight

With her clothing and gauntlets it was easy for Karothdra to get let herself sink to the bottom. The water wasn’t extraordinarily deep, but it was deep enough that anyone jumping in would not hurt themselves. Karothdra held her breath easily, looking up at the water and seeing the light piercing the water. Spread out as a star she stared at the darkness, was this what it felt like dying? The world slowly going dark around you with the light slowly extinguishing itself before your very eyes? Had her father felt at peace as he’d died like she felt now?

She hoped he had gone gently into the night.

And then something happened. The light was gone, a shadow was approaching her. Was death coming to get her? Karothdra didn’t really feel dead. She let the shadow drag her back to the surface, surprised that she had not been taken to some dark place. But it was not death that had come for her, but an Alkidike. Oh the irony of it all really, Karothdra looked up to the Alkidikes for their fighting abilities. It was a little crazy that it was an Alkidike that saved her here and now in this moment.

Karothdra let her do what it was she wanted as she lay unmoving. It was only when she spoke out did Karothdra turned her eyes towards her and put her arms over her stomach and took a deep breath.

“I wasn’t trying to swim,” Karothdra admitted. “I was curious to know what my father had seen before his death.” She hoped he was resting well now. Karothdra, finally stood up, bracing herself on her forearms as she sighed softly. “I was looking for my perzi.” She laughed loudly when she said she might have been pushed in. “If anything, being pushed in while fighting would be the last thing that ever happened to me.” Karo’s laughter finally died down to a chuckled before she shook her head and giggled one last time. She hadn’t fought anyone except herself lately.

“Aren’t you… A little young to be out here by yourself anyways?” Didn’t young Alks stay in groups or something to stay safe?

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:08 am
Tasinei

Tyiva's gaze strayed over the stranger as she situated herself. That dark skin wasn't like the shifter's nor was such a gaze typical of any she had seen. That hair as well along with those glimmering stones..what race was this one? There truly was a lot she needed to learn about the outside world still if she couldn't even guess this. Though the attire spoke definitely of someone who fought...

Her thoughts were interrupted by the surprising response, "Did he drown?" Tyiva questioned immediately before shaking her head, "Still, what if I had not appeared? Were you planning upon joining him? And a perzi? Weren't those the creatures which had randomly scared others in Jahaur a few moons back? "Why would that be?" She questioned once more with a frown, "Are you that confident in fighting? That no one can push you down?"

The laughter was a bit off putting. Was this stranger off center? Or was this typical for earthlings? Though her question made Tyiva's cheeks flush, just a little, "Not at all! I'm on a mission to go towards Sauti and join up with a group." She turned her gaze away, "I may look slightly younger than others, but I'm blessed with a shorter stature is all." She turned her gaze back towards the woman, "Not to distract from you, however. Seems you should be more worried about yourself, stranger."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:25 pm
Sabra Knight

“You ask a lot of questions,” Was all Karothdra managed to say at first before pulling herself into an upright position. Then slowly, very slowly she began removing her gauntlets and pieces of clothing she knew she would need to dry off. This was a lot more trouble then she thought it was worth it. Karothdra sighed frustrated, stupid, stupid, stupid. Now she was probably going to have to camp here for the night. Karothdra glanced at the Alkidike wondering if it would be weird to shed more clothing than usual. It wasn’t like she was a man right, and she’d seen some pretty naked Alkidikes before.

She wasn’t going to be naked around a stranger, but she’d certainly be down to the bare minmum.

“My father did not drown sadly, neither did my damned perzi.” Karothdra eyed that very same perzi making his way over who gave a questioning meow just as he reached the pair. “I would not have allowed myself to drown,” the Oban made a face. “That’s not a proper warrior’s death.” If she didn’t die at the hand of someone else, then death need not bother her with anything else. At least that’s how she saw it.

“Quite confident in my abilities,” she said smoothly. She stood up and picked up the items she’d taken off and made her way to the closes tree to hang her items to dry. “I’m a great fighter where I come from, my father is—“ Karothdra paused. “He was a great general in the army.” She took a breath and removed whatever else she wasn’t keeping to hand before turning towards the Alkidike. She didn’t really know what else to do and the girl was still asking so many questions! “In any case, I fight with my hands and I am excellent at it.” Karothdra concluded with a nod.

“Are the Alkidikes preparing another uproar?” Karothdra narrowed her eyes at the Alkidike. “It didn’t end pretty last time.” Karothdra waved her hand. “Don’t worry about me, there’s no need. Really.” She was much more concerned about something else. “Now why would a group of Alkidikes be meeting in Sauti?”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 pm
Tasinei

"Should I not?" Replied Tyiva, almost too innocently, before glancing over the earthling some more. Now that the woman was beginning to shed her outer layer the Alkidike could appreciate more of the oban heritage. Truly it was strange how they had those glimmering stones on such a dark skin. Almost absently she glanced at her own pale arm which was decorated in its strange green tinge. I suppose we all have our different things. She thought with interest before focusing back on the stranger.

"So I see." Tyiva's gaze followed towards the perzi. What a strange creature...at least this one seemed less beastly than those marked perzi from a few moons back. It seemed calmer and less of a dark spirit. The next comment had Tyiva blinking back towards the woman with a frown, "Then I apologize for interrupting your...meditation. My instincts were to help, but it seems I just hindered your actions. Not that I would have wished to reacted any differently - I'll not risk someone drowning when I come across such a scene."

Yet she could honor that the other woman respected a warrior's death. It would indeed be a shame to just allow one to drown. Especially if they had seen battles. What would be the point of being blessed enough to survive war when you just gave up in the end? The thought made Tyiva crinkle her nose in distaste. "Ah, so there is confidence in you." The Alkidike smiled, "Though I wouldn't be too confident with an Alkidike next to you." They would have to spar first to prove that this woman was true to such confidence.

Tyiva's humor died at the reminder of the extremists, "No. Never shall such shame be allowed again." She replied sharply, "We are going out to seek knowledge and trade. Apparently it is rumored that a huge market will be opening in Sauti. My sisters wished to see what the rest of Tendaji had to offer us while bringing some of the trade from Jahaur with them." Her gaze was narrow as she glanced over the woman, "Why would an Oban be out here by herself? If your father was a great general does this mean perhaps that Oba is interested in scouting the lands again? If so then turn around now since I can warn you that the Alkidikes are not to be trifled with."

It was a warning in turn towards the question against her sisters. If anything Tyiva wished she could have fought in that war. How dare those extremists rise up against their leader and Aisha. Proud warriors or not there was no need for senseless slaughter among sisters. Earthlings Tyiva was not too concerned with, but the fact that her own sisters had fought each other was a sore note for the Alkidike Her gaze, however, did seem to soften as she slowly took a moment to calm herself. "Not that you appear to be prepping for battle. Rather it seems that you should be prepping for some food and rest." And perhaps even less drowning in water and more bathing instead...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:09 am
Sabra Knight

“I suppose… If you’re asking a lot of questions you haven’t been out very far.” Karothdra wasn’t chastising her, just pointing out facts. She hadn’t been out very far when she’d first left home either, and now look at her. Taking on the world. Ha. “Not that it’s a bad thing; I’m sure one day you’ll travel all over the world.” Now she was just rambling to herself. Karothdra cleared her throat, turned towards her clothing that were hung and fixed them up a bit. She glanced at her pack, knew she would have to set up soon and start a fire.

The Perzi glanced at the woman, and then proceeded to step closed and purr loudly for some scratches.

“It’s a good instinct to have,” the Oban said softly. The Alkidikes were always so close and tight knit, it was… nice. The Oba army was like that too, but it was different. It didn’t feel like a family like she knew the Alks had. Sisterhood, there was certainly none of that in the army either. Finally, Karothdra decided to take a seat next to the Alkidike for a bit, she’d start the fire in a few and then have something to eat.

Karothdra chuckled, smiling genuinely at the comment of being confident next to an Alkidike. “I’ve heard great things about the Alkidike warriors, very admirable. That’s why I visited here, I find you fascinating. I like the fighting spirit.” They were feisty and didn’t apologize for who they were. Didn’t hide their strength, embraced it. Karo wanted that for herself, she wished more people were like that. “Not too confident, I know my worth.” She said with finality, Karo knew it but did not act on it when it came to her brother. Of that boy would have a wakeup call soon…

This Alkidike was cute, Karothdra laughed at her comments. She’d just thrown right back her own comments at Karo. “I didn’t know there was a market to be honest, I’ve been avoiding major settlements for a while now.” Just in case her brother was out looking for her and wanted her dead or something. Or if anyone else was looking for her really. “Maybe I’ll go.” She didn’t really want to go alone, but it wasn’t like she was traveling with anyone at this point anyways right? And what if someone who was looking for her expected to see her there?

Karothdra narrowed her eyes a little at the thought.

“Food and rest... Yes.” Karothdra concluded before getting up again. “Not scouting, more like avoiding.” Or running… But she wasn’t about to admit that now was she? There were some good pieces of dry wood and the Oba began gathering them in her arms. “If you’re going to be staying, do you know how to start a fire?” The Alk seemed to have settled herself in so well, if she was going to share any food, the girl was going to have to work for it.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:40 am
Tasinei

Tyiva's antenna twitched in embarrassment, "Ah, yes. I'm rather new to these outside lands." Why leave Jahaur or Chibale when her home was vast and full of secrets enough? It was still strange to her why her sisters ventured out so often or once wished to conquer all the lands. The alkidike rubbed a shoulder thoughtfully. I suppose I can already see some of the strangeness that may attract the spirit. That much she could already admit to just from conversing with this stranger. Curiosity definitely was a compelling feeling, "How did you guess? That I aim to travel in the future more?" Her gaze shot towards the woman and the Alkidike's body tensed. Did she know about her duty to travel and find out more about these lands? Surely not, right?

Tyiva nodded at the compliment, "Though admittedly you are fortunate that it was me - some other sisters may have left you there." She shrugged lightly as she watched the woman and perzi moving closer. It was fascinating to see such strange creatures interacting before her and the woman made certain to note all the things that she could.

"You came to visit us?" Tyiva tilted her head, "To find our fighting spirit?" She actually did have a small smile at the thought of such a peculiar notion, "Care then. You may get more of a fight than expected if you tell another that." And who could tell their own worth? The apprentice thought of her own recent events and of the dual blades which awaited her return. She had once thought she knew her worth, but in the face of true trial had learned that there was still much about herself to discover. Such a thought prompted her to speak up, "One's worth may never be truly discovered until they face more trials." She shrugged lightly before settling down more on the ground to relax. It seemed that this meeting would continue and she was oddly content with that.

Was this woman on the run? Such an odd idea to avoid earthling settlements when you were one. Yet, Tyiva did not confront the woman about that. Everyone deserved their own secrets after all. "If you wish to go then I do not mind company - as long as you do not slow me down. I hear it's to be a grand event to not be missed."

Tyiva raised a brow, "Of course." Standing the Alkidike brushed dirt from her clothing and moved towards were the woman was gathering dry wood, "I also know how to take care of food, hunt, and bathe if needed. If you need help with either of the three I can assist. Ah, I also know one more thing - how to say my name." She added with a little smile - a true hint of her sass showing, "It's Tyiva if you were interested, earthling."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm
Sabra Knight

“Assumption…” Karothdra said slowly as one of her brow perked up in question. Well she had hit a sensitive nerve had she? “It’s not a bad thing for an Alkidike to want to see the world. I’ve seen a few in Oba. Not many, but you are there.” There was nothing wrong at all; Karothdra didn’t understand why they were all so stuck on Chibale. Granted, having your mother tree probably played a role in that. Still, that made the Alkidikes very loyal and Karo thought it was an admirable trait to have. Actually she found Alks to have many admirable traits in general.

The thought rang strange to her, not many liked the bug woman.

“Perhaps,” Karothdra shrugged. It did not matter to her really if they would have left her there or not. She was glad to have meet Tyiva of course.

“I like Alkidikes,” Karothdra said as if in some distant voice. “Loyal, warrior spirit. Can’t ask for much more than that in life.” They didn’t need anyone else but themselves in life, Karo wished she had that. But her own family had backstabbed her, so that pretty much said it all. The Oban chuckled at the girls words. “Well, I like a good challenge.” Loved it actually, she loved anything that had to do with fighting. She didn’t care for trials, but a good tournament where the challenges were there and you didn’t have to worry about anything else but beating down your opponent… Karothdra liked that very much.

“I won’t slow you down,” she said quickly, turning to glance at the woman. “You don’t have to worry about me. “ She felt better about not having to go alone. Perhaps if something happened then the Alkidike could help her. “You know, I am ranked officer in the military,” she chuckled. “I’m also not injured, I will be just fine.” If anything she’d make sure to keep up and beyond with the other girl, she was curious to see what she was capable of after all.

“Bathe?!” Karo turned towards the girl with a look of surprise, cheeks flushing slightly. “No one but my caretaker has ever bathed me.” And even then the practice was short lived and Karo was taking care of herself in no time when she was young. “Do all the Alkidike women wash each other?” Even in the military there was some privacy to such things.

“I’m Karothdra. You can call me Karo.” Most people had trouble saying her name anyways. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:15 pm
Tasinei

Tyiva just gave a quiet nod in reply. If that was the case then surely it would be acceptable to see her out and about in foreign lands. It was far better than being questioned about why she wasn’t with her sisters. She couldn’t always hide under the guise of working for the young mystic. What did bother her was the Oban’s lackluster attitude about living. Not that an earthling life should matter to her, but at the same time she was one raised to cherish lives and to preserve whatever was possible. She would keep an antenna in this girl’s direction then – would be a shame for another warrior to give up on living so easily.

“You do?” Tyiva’s thoughts halted at the sudden declaration, “Then I suppose you are a smart woman.” Her mouth quirked upwards into a grin, “Though there’s a bit more life to us than just those things.” Her heart did twist a bit at the comments. Loyalty it seemed was a complicated matter, one that made her hands venture down towards her hips were blades rested. Her sisters would not think her so loyal at the moment after all. To distract herself the Alkidike found some wit to throw towards the Oban, “A challenge? Or you just enjoy the idea of being dominated? For that’s what may happen if we spar.”

”That is good to hear then. It will be nice having some company along the way – I hope you are prepared to answer many questions for I have a lot to learn about you earthlings.” Her gaze did widen slightly. A military officer? So this definitely was a warrior! Though Tyiva had to tilt her head inquisitively. Were all military leaders like this in appearance? From the stories of the wars she had expected something far more bloodthirsty and savage, “We definitely should spar then so I can see what sort of military officer you are. Though would not most be with their army?” It seemed this girl definitely did have some story to tell. Not that Tyiva would push her, but it was rather curious.

Tyiva smiled, “Yes bathing. Those that are dirty tend to need such a thing.” She crinkled her nose at the comment, “Seems your care taker may have needed to teach you more in that case.” It was a light tease one that she said with a smile as to show her playful intent. Surely the woman did know how to bathe, but then again what did she know about earthling habits? “We can.” Tyiva answered truthfully, “My two sisters and I often bathed together after a hunt. We do prefer to be a bit cleaner than the savages that earthlings make us out to be – warriors constantly covered in blood and gore. I see nothing wrong in such acts – our bodies are the same after all. It’s relaxing to have someone washing your back after a long day in the waters. Why?” She raised a brow, “Would you not wish for me to touch your back? My sisters quite enjoyed my assistance before.” Admittedly more alks would probably have sneered at the idea of touching an earthling, but Tyiva was not afraid. She was rather curious to what it would feel like to run her hands over that dark skin decorated with gems. Was that not part of the learning experience? What was wrong with a bath in the first place?

Karo.” Tyiva repeated the name a few times before smiling, “It’s a good name. Let me build that fire now and we can talk more about bathing after some food.” Stretching her arms the Alkidike began to move about so that she could prepare a fire for them both.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:51 am
Sabra Knight

“My father did say I was given the best education,” She was trying to joke but she dind’t know if her tone was coming off as funny or not. The thought made Karo’s heart hurt for a moment and she sighed softly, diverting her eyes away an instant to gather her thoughts. It still hurt to think about her father and how she had lost him. The Oban quickly put the thought away though; she didn’t want to start crying for no reason in the middle of a pleasant conversation after all. She also didn’t want to appear weak in front of the Alkidike.

“No man’s ever dominated me,” Karothdra said with a smile. “And I don’t think I’d let a woman do it either little one.” She was teasing the Alkidike of course. She couldn’t tell what Tyiva’s age was, they could be the same age or Tyiva could be older and she’d never know. She liked this one, she was quick with her tongue and it was nice to find someone so willing to spar with her with words. Most people saw her and only uttered respectful words; even most non obans knew to respect her position because of what she wore. The military outfit did wonders on her reputation.

“I do not mind, I am full of answers.” And truthfully, Karothdra hadn’t had a sensible conversation with someone else in… She couldn’t remember. She didn’t bother taking to the merchants, she bought what she needed and quickly left any villages so that no one could find her. Maybe no one was looking for her, though she doubted it very much. Her mother was bound to have people out looking for her. That woman would never stop looking for Karothdra until she’d returned home and taken back what was rightfully hers.

“Indeed I should be with the army.” Karothdra looked at Tyvia and gave her a small smile. She wasn’t too sure how much information she ought to be giving out to an Alkidike, but that was one secret that she would keep with herself for a long time. Perhaps even, forever.

“Well yes I know dirty people need to bath,” Karothdra’s hand flapped wildly as she grew embarrassed. “I am sure I am quite well off on my own. I’ve never bathed with one.” She’d also never been naked with anyone else around either. She always took her baths at home and when she was out on a missing, It was always apart from the group. “No one has ever bathed with me or cleaned my back.” Oh boy, Karothdra’s blushed, cheeks darkening. “It’s just not something I’ve ever done.” Karothdra laughed nervously. “From what I know, most Earthlings usually bath with their partners.” Alkidikes were so much more open than they were!

Karo did not reply when Tyiva said they’d talk more about bathing later on. She felt so embarrassed! She continued to gather more wood and when her hands were full, she dropped everything in one pile. “I am getting hungry…” She mumbled to herself eyeing her bag of provisions. She didn’t have much left; her hand touched her stomach lightly.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 am

"Ah." If nothing else Tyiva was sensitive to the reactions of those around her. The Alkidike did not miss the moment of pain, but at the same time she held back from reaching out to the stranger. As a warrior she knew pride was strong and did not wish to diminish the role of the woman next to her. Comforting her could only be seen as insulting this early on. Nor did she wish to be seen as too soft for caring. That after all was one of her traits that had made her own sisters taunt her in the past several times. Too motherly to be a warrior. The Alkidike's antenna flicked in irritation before she shoved the memory aside. Focus, Tyiva.

She did laugh at the declaration, "Oh? Then we will have to see." Her antenna did flick a bit at the 'little one' - true she was far more petite than most of her race, but that did not stop her from one day becoming taller than the tallest of earthlings. She just had to get there first! "I enjoy hunting the more challenging creatures. Those who think they have a chance always provide the best fights. Be warned, this 'little one' won't stop fighting until we are both worn down and satisfied to declare our duel over."

She smirked tauntingly at Karo before nodding, "I hope then that those answers are satisfying or that you will be willing to give them to me even after our future duels." As an Alkidike warrior she was firm in her belief that she could prove herself in a duel. It was also trademark that she would remind her future opponent of the battle ahead - that way neither would let their guards down and be willing to duel to the end. We will see who dominates the other. Oh for the first time in days a thrill was inside of her! She was truly looking forward to seeing how well this dark earthling fought.

"Unless your army is invisible then I suppose there is a divide." She replied quietly before offering a small smile and shrug, "Most Alkidikes travel in hunting groups, but here I am alone as well. So I suppose we both are odd in that aspect." She shook her head, her dreads dancing along her shoulders. "But it is only a temporary situation - life is constantly moving around us after all and so our predicaments will continue to change as well."

Tyiva chuckled, "Is it really such a strange thought? We are just cleansing our bodies together and nothing more." She paused and looked over to the woman, "Unless you earthlings have some other ritual that goes with bathing that requires it to become more...intimate?" Her antenna perked up in curiosity, "Then perhaps for my learning experience I will have to ask to see it one day. But for now I still offer you a back wash if wanted - nothing wrong with helping to rinse another warrior's skin. If we are companions should we not bond? I always enjoyed it with my sisters as we would talk about our triumphs for the day while just relaxing together." Tyiva shrugged innocently, "But if it makes you too uncomfortable, Karo then I will not push. Though it is a shame for you to miss out on such a nice experience." It seemed rather lonely to just take care of oneself like that. Or perhaps it was Tyiva just missing her sisters? How shameful then for her to be trying to con an earthling into doing a familiar thing with her to fill in the void left by others. An earthling at that! Her young mystic truly had sent her on a strange mission to find out more about these races.

"The flames are rising." Already Tyiva had twisted sparks into the wood and was building a fire, "Do you have food or should I go hunting for you?" Her gaze glanced up over the growing flames towards the earthling, "We are still nearby the forests that are familiar to me after all."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:47 am
Sabra Knight

“I’ve never hunted creatures,” Karothdra admitted before taking a seat by the fire. “The military is divided and that was one division and I was not in such a division.” Did she want to admit this was her first time out and about? Heh, why not, there was no harm. “This is my first time outside of Oba, so I dare say my knowledge is quite limited on the subject.” Even back in Oba Karothdra didn’t bother with creatures. Her perzi had been a complete surprise. She pointed to him. “Even he just started following me home one day; I didn’t have to fight anything.”

“I don’t hold any grudges, you don’t have to worry.” That was entirely true; she held a grudge against her brother after all. Though, duels were different. She would not hold a grudge against Tyiva if the Alkidike managed to beat her, if she managed of course. She was looking forward to a good one on one fight with an Alkidike outside of a competition. Their fight was bound to be interesting and challenging. She was itching for a good fight, not only to stretch her muscles but also to see how rusty her abilities were.

“That is a particular predicament,” Karothdra noted. There was a divide in her family, not in the army but she wasn’t going to confirm or deny what Tyiva had said. “It is interesting that you are alone.” Were the Alkidikes tracking her? Had her mother employed them to find her? The thought was curious enough and Karo resisted the urge to glance around. She didn’t think the Alkidikes would work for an Oban… OR maybe if her mother had offered them something worth their while… Tyiva herself had said she was alone after all. “Why are you alone?” The words came out without her thinking it over.

Karthdra’s eyes simply grew wider and wider as Tyiva talked about other things Earthlings did while bathing. She didn’t know how to reply, nor did she know how to respond to Tyiva wanting to see it one day. So, Karothdra burst into laughter. A loud and boisterous laughter because of the absurdity of it all. The laughter continued until Karo rolled back onto her back, hands clenching her stomach as she tried to control herself. It was not happening. Her eyes closed and watered, she hadn’t laughed this hard and long in a while.

When she finally did calm down, she took deep breaths. “Oh my,” She finally managed to say between giggles. “Have you ever seen a naked Earthling?” She doubted it or she’d understand that Earthlings bred in a very very different way than Alkidikes. Not that Karo had much experience in the matter; she’d slept with some men before of course. But she’d stopped after a while after not feeling anything and barely getting any pleasure out of the whole experience. Granted, Karothdra herself had never seen a naked Alkidike. She didn’t know if they had… Well, if they had the bottom lady parts.

“I don’t have much food left I’m afraid, most definitely no meat.” Karo sighed. “We would have to hunt something. I can come with you if you wish?” Karo didn’t know how she’d be able to help since all she carried with herself was a dagger and she never even used the thing.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:02 am
Tasinei

Tyiva tilted her head, "So you even divide into who hunts?" The Alkidike pursed her lips, "Seems like something that all should do, but I suppose our cultures are different in that regard." The Oban people spent too much time dividing and running cities while the Alkidikes lived within their lands and trained for war and survival. Her antenna twitched thoughtfully. There was more for her to learn before she made such assumptions, however. Perhaps there was some point in why only some hunted in other races."Then we will explore and learn things together." She replied with a small smile, "Oh? I suppose you must have some natural charm to creatures. Then again didn't we decide to follow each other without fighting first?" She glanced towards Karo teasingly before going back to the flames.

The question made the Alkidike sigh, "Why are either of us alone?" She replied quietly, "I have inherited something that was dear to both of my sisters and they did not take to well that I, the youngest, was gifted them instead." She shrugged her shoulders, "Surely their anger will pass, but I left to give them time." Her words trailed off, "Plus, it was deemed beneficial for me to experience the world before going back to train more with my mother in the dance of blades. Not that I should have to explain all this to you, but I suppose as a companion it is best to let things be in the open."

Karo's outburst of laughter made Tyiva pull back. What was this? Had she said something so funny to the other woman? She braced herself defensively in a crouch before finally standing as the laughter died, "You are the first earthling I truly have interacted with so I have not." She replied honestly with a frown, "You truly are a confusing race." The Alkidike added with a shake of her head. First all the rejection of bathing and now she thought it hilarious that the Alkidike did not understand their bathing customs and why it was such a secretive activity?

Tyiva nodded her head, "As it is you have plenty of warm air to keep the fire going." She quipped lightly, "You can use that laughter to keep the flames. I should not be long in hunting, but if you truly wish to see then you can follow though I don't plan on looking far." Surely some of those insects would be around or she could find some smaller creatures to hunt. Without really waiting for a response Tyiva picked up her bow and began to move forward.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff