azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 pm
It was the end of America's shift, which just happened to coincide with Nasir's. The cook was hanging by the time cards, looking nervous and jittery. He was already bundled for Christmas, a scarf tucked around his shoulders and jacket over his arm.

Was he camping America's spawn point? Probably. He was trying to not be obvious about it but he was definitely waiting because the strange vision things just kept happening. While he probably should have gone to the Mercers, Nasir did not want to bother them or make them worry or-

He did not know. Chiefs of Police and College Professors (capital letters in his brain they were big deals) had more important things to deal with than Game of Thrones stuff. Hopefully he wouldn't be bothering America with it.

Hopefully.

Nasir tugged his glasses off and cleaned them (they were spotless) for what was probably the tenth time.

lizbot
cinnamon bun needs food mentor badly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:00 pm
She checked her bag before leaving, making sure nothing potentially dangerous was missing. And also make sure nobody has taken off with the last piece of rhubarb pie she'd hidden discretely behind it. Ah yes...still there. One last taste of summer to enjoy in the morning tomorrow.

Noticing Nasir as she glanced up from her prize, America went from victorious to guilty to a brief attempt at innocent and then finally landed on concern. He wasn't the sort to have a bunch of nerves with nowhere to go, least not here of all places.

"Hey hun, you okay?"

azuredreams

SORRY FOR BEING TRASH
IOU : FAST TAGBACKS

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:10 pm
"Uh ..." Nasir shifted on his feet and it was so painfully awkward and unlike him that he let his head drop.

"Not really?" he said quietly, eyes raising back up to look at America. Definitely looked like he needed a good night's sleep. "I just- I think it's related to the other place and I don't really know who to talk to about it ..."

lizbot
omg don't worry about it sweets! u know i was bed for a while, lol, and there a meta going on <3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:31 pm
"Oh...oh!" America lit right up, obviously pleased to talk magic with Nasir. "What happened? Was it weird and cool?" Suddenly, her expression turned grim, "Nobody tried to kidnap you or anything, did they? I will ******** a person up if they've tried that s**t on you."

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm
Nasir blinked, eyes widening behind his glasses and he rapidly shook his head no to reassure her that no one had tried anything and that he was, so far as he knew, safe. "No no no, it's-" His voice dropped. "No one kidnapped me or anything, unless you mean that I'm not getting much sleep? I keep dreaming about it but I've not been there in person ...

"... and, I, ah ..." He shuffled on his feet, unclipping and clipping a hair pin in his hair. "I saw out of the eyes of a squirrel? A flying squirrel, actually."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:05 pm
America's eyes grew wide, her mouth dropping open to emit an excited squeal. Her arms and legs did the happy little bouncing dance normally reserved for announcements about engagements and babies.

"Oh my gosh!" The clapped her hands and threw her herself at Nasir for a hug. "You're one of us! This is gonna be so great! And a squirrel?! GOSH!"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Nasir wasn't exactly expecting that reaction but it was one he sorely needed to have. His arms wrapped around America to catch her, spinning her and squeezing lightly. "I don't know anything and it gave me a blinding headache after it was done ...

"Freaked Wil out too because I was not there? I mean at least I know what's been leaving me presents for the past week now but still." He gave her a smile, even if it was tired.

lizbot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:02 pm
He got a look of extreme sympathy, "This side of things, magic comes a bit harder. When you borrow their eyes, it's not hard to do once you've got that bond in full, bit it's hard on you. I know a place you can go, though, where it'll be easy as breathing." Pausing a moment, she added with a firm pat on his shoulder, "Stock up on ibuprofen when it's on sale, hun."

Letting go, America moved to the back door and opened it a crack. After a moment or two, a familiar bluejay, so often seen around this block, flew in. "This is Mr. Bitterberry." At the introduction, the bird makes a small noise of surprise and then changes course toward Nasir, who quite possibly was one of the reasons the jay was particularly...rotund.

"He and I share a bond, some folks call him a familiar and some call me a warg. Started out the same as you, hun, though the little gifts is thing is different and goshdarn cute as ********, gotta say."

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:18 pm
"I've got that and some heavier stuff that my doctor prescribed me because of migraines." Nasir's nose wrinkled just a little, pushing his glasses up higher. "I don't like to take it unless I have to." Which meant he had to after that incident.

"It's good to know that it won't be like that always." The cook watched her and then blinked as the bluejay appeared. The very one he had seen hanging around so often and, at least once, on America's shoulder preening himself. Never mind that he might have left tidbits for when he noticed the bluejay was friendly.

"A pleasure, Mr. Bitterberry," he said and smiled at him, fingers crooking towards the bluejay as he looked back to America. "So it is called warging ... and familiar is the right word too?" Was that even the right terminology? He didn't know. "Is the other place we can go is that ... the one I am dreaming about?" Nasir wanted to rake a hand through his hair but stopped himself. America's positive attitude was doing him wonders and he nodded in agreement.

"It really was! I am still finding them but not as often. I think it got spooked when I borrowed it's eyes? It's still around, I think." A look passed between America and Mr. Bitterberry. "So this means there's a bond growing between me and that flying squirrel?" If he was following correctly.

lizbot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:30 pm
The jay landed on Nasir's fingers, gurgling approval at America. This one is a Good.

"Is it raining in those dreams? Well...usually, at least," she corrected with a wry smile. "It's a magic place, people like us can do more, easier over there. But first you gotta find it, they chose you so I bet the fellow'll stick around until you can draw it out and say hi all proper. That'll get the bond going right and give you more control."

She pauses and then adds, "If you've been getting gifts, maybe give one back?"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:08 pm
"It hasn't been? Which is why I was a little confused, to be honest, because everything I know is that it's supposed to be?" Nasir smiled at Mister Bitterberry, bringing up his other hand to smooth out breast feathers softly. Warm brown eyes focus on America then and he let out a soft sigh.

"Good because I don't want to scare Wil like that again. So if I can help the bond along, that would be great." The mention of giving a gift back had him ducking his head down just slightly, a faint ruddy red on his cheeks. "Just started doing that because I didn't want it spooked or to leave ..."

lizbot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:47 pm
"Things've gotten weird lately," America agreed, "which I guess is saying something, for sure."

Nasir getting blushy and adorable is honestly just too ******** cute to resist, so she can't help but reach over and fluff up his hair. "Oh my ********' gosh, you're so sweet. I think you and your friend are gonna be a good match for sure."

Turning a bit more serious, she adds, "I don't think he's gonna be going anywhere, so coax him out best as you can and I want you to promise you won't be driving or even riding a bike 'til you've bonded in full, okay?"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:39 pm
Nasir chuckled, mostly because America was making him blush harder but also because of the complement. "Thanks. Hearing that helps a lot."

A hand raised to fiddle with one of the hair clips in his hair, one that was branded with an anime character, and unclipped it. The young man reached forward and used it to clip a stray lock of hair back in America's hair. His hand paused as he pulled it back, blinking a bit widely behind his glasses and then paling.

"I hadn't even-" The idea that he could suddenly be seeing through the eyes of his visitor while driving- "Do you think you could give me a ride home then?" he asked. "Wil can drive you back here? Or you maybe you could give him a ride up here to get the car? Is that okay?" Was he imposing? Nasir felt like he was suddenly imposing.

lizbot
congratulations! you have achieved the hair clip of friendship from nasir! ... it's ttly usagi from the new sailor moon crystal being cute af.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:52 pm
She couldn't help but preen a bit at the hairclip, the sort of happy little posturing that the bluejay was prone to as well.

"Oh sure thing, hun. It's starting to get cold out and I wouldn't want you walking in it. I'll drive you over in my truck, and drive Wil back to pick up your car."

And suddenly he was getting hugged again. "I'm so glad you're getting a new little friend!"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:17 pm
The hugs, her demeanor, and pretty much everything that America was and represented was something that Nasir sorely needed with how this had all started. His arms wrapped around her and he squeezed back, taking a steadying breath.

"I'm certain happier after talking with you about it and seeing Mr. Bitterberry again." Which meant he was glancing towards him again and smiling before his attention flicked back to America. "Is there ... besides trying to get my friend to come closer, is there anything else I can do to help this along?"

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces