Company was the last thing Vaskr ever wanted after having been affected by a vision. It was for this reason that the lion traveled alone. He never knew when it was going to happen. Something would just pull him from consciousness and he'd be gone for an amount of time that he could never predict. Still, if it had to be anyone…

There was no dignified way for the bulky lion to pick himself up off of the ground. His convulsions had kicked aside the top layer of the ground and half his body was dusted with dry dirt. Vaskr didn't put in much effort, then, as he sat up. Pale eyes narrowed. In the dim light of the forest, the shape of his nephew was still clear. Fashaq was a mess of geometric shapes in different shades, sharp lines and points that made him clear even in the shadows.

"Hope I haven't kept you waiting," Vaskr said, his voice almost a croon as he stretched. There was a soreness in his muscles where he landed and lay for hours in an uncomfortable position. "How long have you been there?"

Vaskr's question was met only with silence and a shrug. He couldn't really complain, though. While he didn't figure he'd seen the last of his seer nephew, he also didn't figure he'd run into Fashaq this soon after their last encounter. "Honestly I didn't expect you to come and find me. What, have you been following me since our last chat?"

Fashaq snorted, his eyed narrowing into a pointed look that almost resembled a sneer. He wasn't fond of the older lion, but he didn't feel the need to be afraid of him. Long thought had led Fashaq to the conclusion that Vaskr cared too much about his blood relatives to off his sister's son. Sure there was the possibility of some minor harm, but Vaskr wouldn't do anything crippling. "I wasn't following you. I ran into the lion that you…" were chasing? Trying to kill? Fashaq didn't know what words to put in the blank. The black and red lion had nearly barreled him over on the way out of these woods. He didn't stick around, only running off with some warning of a large and pale lion with runes that looked like blood.

"You…" Fashaq started again, looking his uncle over. "You were having a vision." He had been here long enough to watch as his uncle lay unresponsive with the occasional spasm and convulsion.

"I was," Vaskr responded curtly. He had nothing to hide. If his nephew had questions he'd answer them. If anything, maybe it would get his nephew to trust him a bit more. Honestly he didn't know what to expect of his nephew. Or what he wanted. Their last meeting had left him with a feeling of… disappointment. As far as he knew, Fashaq wasn't doing much. He didn't aspire to go anywhere, or being anything. He was following his sister around and doing whatever he needed to fulfil the useless lioness' whims. Yeah. Disappointing was a good word for it.

Still, Fashaq was of his own blood and Vaskr wasn't one to just let him be. There were just so many possibilities. How could he just ignore it? Best case scenario, Vaskr could convince his nephew to leave his worthless lump of a sister behind and join him in his travels. They could go somewhere. Be something. No matter. What would happen, would happen.

Fashaq was silent. Thoughtful. He had found his uncle in a trance the likes of which he hadn't witnessed before. In the time he had spent with his mother, even she hadn't had episodes like this. She'd spoken of them before, though. Something about a sister. It seemed like a detriment, but with the visions being hampering in such a physical way they must be stronger, right? Clearer. Or perhaps they showed something more important and vital than the visions he had himself had. Or maybe they happened more frequently? He thought for a few moments longer before he looked Vaskr in the eye. "What did you see?"

The pale lion responded with a shrug. Vaskr wanted badly to shake the dirt off himself. He wanted to get something to drink to settle this nauseating feeling. He wanted to walk off the soreness. The ache in his bones. But he would stay and talk for as long as he needed to. This could only be beneficial for him. If he read the quiet but thoughtful expression on the other lion correctly, Fashaq had been around long enough to witness the throes the vision had pulled him into. That would spark at least some curiosity. And that's all he needed. That little spark.

"A lioness." He responded. "I'm fairly sure. Dark, with markings of blood. She was close. She smelled like the sea. And she was large." Vaskr exhaled a breath. "It wasn't much, but it's something."

Fashaq continued to peer at him. If there was something that Vaskr was working at something, he couldn't catch it. It was a frustrating feeling. He snorted again and knead his paws into the dirt for a moment before standing. "You're getting soft," he murmured below his breath, not taking his eyes off the larger lion.

Vaskr exhaled a breath. A single dry, voiceless laugh. "Perhaps just trying a different tactic," he responded. He didn't move as he watched his nephew move away.

"Perhaps," Fashaq responded, moving through the trees. He'd have to investigate these stronger seers more. There was a danger, there. And perhaps potential. "Large lions that smell of the sea. There is talk of a group of warriors that make their home there. The Stormborn, I think they're called." He didn't know why he was providing information. He thought that maybe it would be better to keep this particular lion on his good side.

Vaskr blinked. He had nothing to respond and if he did, Fashaq had already disappeared from his line of sight. No matter. At least now he had something to work with. The large lion made his way back in the direction of the spring he'd seen before, mouthing the name as he did so. The Stormborn.

(WC: 1040)