Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:42 am
Painted Moose

Once more Shadiya found herself walking towards the markets alone. While she was still struggling with the thought of leaving the little ones home at least she knew that she could trust Eura to watch them. And there also was something that she was eager to do today – helping out a friend. Others may have still been wary of the strangers from across the sea, but Shadiya had found that they were truly innocent spirits. At least Taijana was. Speaking of which where was the girl?

Pursing her lips Shadiya placed a hand on a hip as she surveyed the markets, “I told her that if she was still around I would meet her here today.” Had the Yaeli decided to come or was it already too late? I do hope she’s still in the area so I can show her more of Matori and Oban culture. She would show the girl that the mainlanders weren’t so terrifying after all! At least…that was the hope. Smiling faintly Shadiya simply shook her head before moving to peer around yet another corner….

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:01 am
Sabra Knight

To say Taijana was nervous about today would have been an understatement.

She was mentally running through every little thing that could go wrong, but also contemplating what a nice day might be like. It wasn't as if she had never had any; it was just that having 'good' days in this foreign land had become harder to come by.

As she walked she tried to keep her head up to find Shadiya, but it was hard. There were so many strangers and they kept watching her...Why? Skirting around their questionable gazes, Taijana made her way into the thick of the market and was so relieved when she saw the Oban.

"Shadiya!" Taijana waved, trying to get the others attention even as she moved closer.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:10 am
Painted Moose

Hearing her name Shadiya grinned, "Taijana!" Turning the woman rushed towards the Yaeli. Though while her first instinct was to hug the girl Shadiya behaved herself - after all she didn't wish to give the girl a heart attack from the rush of attention. She was proud enough that the other woman had dared to venture once more into the market by herself!

"I'm glad to see you. I hope you've been well." Instead of a hug Shadiya instead opted for a slight bow for formality, "Seems you're good at getting attention." She teased lightly under her breath as she straightened up, "Was your walk here, alright? I hope you didn't have any trouble finding this place once more."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:22 am
Sabra Knight

Flushing a little, Taijana returned the Oban's bow with one of her own. It was far less graceful, however, and far more awkward. Still, she managed to pull it off and stand without tripping.

"I don't know why they watch me like that. Am I really that...that weird?"
She leaned forward, cupping one hand around her mouth to whisper the last bit. Surely they weren't the only Yaeli in the area? Or...well, maybe they were and that was the cause for all the strange looks.

Oh no! Does that make me a representative? What if they base our entire race on how I'm acting right now?

Totally no pressure.

"I just kept walking with my head straight and tried not to look at as many people as possible."
It may have sounded rude coming from anyone else, but for Taijana it was a moment of pride. She had managed to get here all by herself, for once! "So, what kind of shopping were we going to do today?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 am
Painted Moose

Shadiya frowned thoughtfully, "Not that you're weird...just different. Have you seen an Alkidike yet? Already you've seen a Matori, so it's not like seeing a new race should be so shocking. Yet people are slow to adjust at times." The dancer couldn't help adding playfully with a wink, "Though I would say it might be more of an appreciative glance some times. Perhaps some are just jealous~"

"Good to hear." Shadiya smiled warmly, "Sounds far better than crawling past some barrels in an alleyway." The Oban shook her head at her own poor joke, "As it is I wanted to show you more of the area today. So I figured we can go get examples of this and that. Including clothing of course since I'm determined to send you off with some silks before you leave the mainland and head home." The woman reached out a friendly hand, "We can also have some tea as well. There's some teas that I believe you won't have heard before of that only grow leaves in the desert...hopefully you'll like them."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:01 pm
Sabra Knight

"Alkidike...?" Taijana furrowed her brow, contemplating the word before it sunk in and her eyes widened. "The demon women who took over our island? There are more of them?!" She didn't mean for her voice to get so shrill, but the news to Taijana was distressing. She hadn't thought that more existed outside of Yael; in fact, she had just thought that all of their numbers had moved there.

Jealous...? Why would anyone be jealous of her? Taijana looked down at her body, and then over to Shadiya. The Oban maybe, with all of her confidence and curvature, but Taijana was a small waif of a woman. Shapely, sure, but in the way a girl might before becoming a woman. Just...without the 'becoming a woman' bit.

Hesitantly she took the offered hand, and allowed herself to be pulled into the crowd. Tea sounded lovely; something to calm her nerves, especially now that she knew more alkidike roamed the area. Would they kill her once they found her? She hoped not!

"Is it okay for you to be away from your children for so long?" She wasn't sure how old the babes were, but the smaller ones would need regular feeding. "N-not that I'm not grateful for your help and it is nice being out."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Painted Moose

Shadiya's gaze widened at the reaction from Taijana, "Y-yes." For once her confidence seemed to waver as realization struck. They had sent those extremists to this woman's island. Gods only knew what horrors the Yaeli had been subjected too because of that banishment. No wonder they would fear and hate us... Shadiya closed her eyes briefly before giving Taijana's hand a comforting squeeze, "No worries. While they are a stern race they are not like those who you've met before. Those 'demons' fought a huge battle on our lands and because of their evil ways were exiled by their own kind." She paused and sighed, "No one knew the Yaeli existed at the time..."

"Trust me. You're cuter than you think." Commented Shadiya as the other girl studied herself, "Having a foreign appearance is even more enticing to some. Your eyes for example are easily enchanting with that glow....I wonder how such a thing is even possible." Shrugging Shadiya turned, "As it is we came to explore more of the area for you. Less worry and more fun~ Let's do this thing!"

Leading the way Shadiya remembered an overview where tea was served, "Yes and no." Replied the woman quietly, "I have an aunt who adores them and I can trust them with. Else I wouldn't be out without them." She laughed, "Though if I did have to take the pair with me then the whole market would be in for a world of trouble with their mischievous ways." As she turned the corner Shadiya glanced down towards the Yaeli, "How about you, Tai? Any experience with little ones yourself?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:06 pm
Sabra Knight

So the ones over here weren't so bad...? Taijana wasn't so sure about that, but what choice did she have but to believe Shadiya? She trusted the Oban; even if she had only known her a short time. Just to be safe, though, Taijana made a mental note to ask her which direction the alkidike lived...and promptly stay away from that area entirely.

Taijana's cheeks flushed, and for a moment she couldn't look Shadiya in the eye. It was too...too embarrassing to talk about stuff like that! "My eyes...? I guess it's something on Yael that makes them like that. I've heard that if we stay away too long they don't glow anymore." Which was something she worried about constantly. At what point had Kieran's begun to dull? And when would hers?

With a little smile, Taijana shook her head, "None at all. My family isn't very big, and my siblings were the same age as me - we're triplets- so I've never been around little ones for long. One day I would like to have some of my own...b-but not until I'm married, of course! Otherwise the Gods would curse me to have a two headed child. Or, is that if I kiss a boy before marriage...? Either way, it's sure to be bad."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:13 pm
Painted Moose

"Oh really?" Shadiya gasped, "Then I can understand why staying on the mainland might not appeal to others! It looks like you've only been here a short while then since they're still glowing." That was good. But it truly was strange. Did that mean if she went over there that perhaps her eyes would start glowing? Laughing quietly at the thought the woman just shrugged her shoulders before moving along.

"Aww, then you've missed out." Shadiya grinned, "I was the same though an only child. This is my first big experience with babies and they've definitely made life interesting..." She did raise a brow at the expressed superstitions, "I've heard of many unmarried women with babies that are perfectly fine...and I've kissed a boy before marriage as well without children. Though I may have to remember these tales for my own daughter when she gets older..."

Shaking her head the woman chuckled as she led them through an archway where a few tables were set. It was a simple area, but one that held a gorgeous view of the desert beyond the city walls...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:23 pm
Sabra Knight

"You did?" Taijana couldn't hide the scandalous squeak in her voice. Not only had Shadiya kissed a boy without joining as one under the Gods, but she...she also had escaped their wrath! "Perhaps you are just truly blessed by your Gods. I cannot imagine such a thing happening under the eyes of mine." They would strike her down for sure!

And besides, after going so long thinking that way, would she even feel comforting being that intimate with a boy? The idea of so much as holding hands before a wedding sickened her a little.

As they passed under the archway, and Taijana caught a glimpse at the desert beyond all she could do was stare. "It's so...so vast..."  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:06 pm
Painted Moose

Laughing at the reaction Shadiya nodded, "Why yes, yes I did. And I don't regret a moment of it~" She winked playfully towards Taijana, "But how can you know unless it happens? I mean have you seen anyone punished by a kiss? Thinking about such things...how is your companion? Do you not worry about being close to him at all?"

Following the Yaeli's gaze, Shadiya nodded. "It is, isn't it? Oba is just beyond the borders where all of that desert continues to stretch." The Oban waved down a server, "I personally prefer the endless waves of the ocean, myself. It's far more comforting to listen to the waves rather than the shrieking of a sandstorm."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:24 pm
Sabra Knight

"I haven't seen it happen personally, but there was a woman who birthed a two headed baby when I was a girl. Mother said it was because she...did things with unmarried men." Both the woman and her demonic child had passed away, leaving no end to the gossip mill. Her family had tried to cull it, put the whole business to rest, but the suspicious yaeli had used her unfortunate demise as a warning for their own children.

"I try not to touch him, if I can. Or even sleep in the same area as him."
Modesty was key. It wasn't as if she didn't like being around Kieran, she just...didn't want anything bad to happen, was all.

Anyway, superstitions aside, Taijana sat herself down across from Shadiya and waited for their server to come around to collect their order.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:23 pm
Painted Moose

Pursing her lips Shadiya just shook her head quietly, "Strange things do happen." Yet such superstitions seemed ridiculous to the Oban noble. If that were the case then there would be quite a few two headed babies running around the world. Just the thought sent a shudder down her spine. For once she was thankful for her own cultures superstitions instead.

"Seems like a shame." Ordering tea and some sweet biscuits Shadiya peered towards her companion, "Is he attractive at least? Or is it easy because he's not really so much of a tempation, perhaps?" Truly she couldn't help teasing the other girl. If she hadn't been allowed to touch Dexurn then talk about nights of awkward travel!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:41 pm
Sabra Knight

Taijana clasped her hands in her lap, and straightened her posture; ever the young lady, even while waiting for foreign food in a strange land. "H-he-he is attractive, I suppose."

Honestly, it wasn't as if she hadn't noticed how...nice Kieran looked. She just tried not to think about it much. "He has nice bone structure, and he's smart, so smart. And brave. He came all the way out here on his own! Who does that?!" Taijana slumped back in her chair with a big sigh.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:59 pm
Painted Moose

"Seems as if you had a good reason to come chasing after your companion then." Shadiya teased as she picked up the teapot full of hot water, "He sounds like quite the guy. So why did he come out here on his own?" Shifting so that she could take hold of a delicate china cup the woman placed a small bag of leaves inside. Ever so slowly she poured the water into the cup so that the sheer bag was soaked. As the cup steamed a pleasant aroma filled the air, "Honestly though I have never seen a Yaeli until meeting you, Tai. So I suppose it does take some special man to come out here like this..."

Carefully she passed the cup over to her friend before pouring her own drink, "Not that I mean to pry, but it is interesting to hear about."

◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff