Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
What changes would you like to see Gaia make?💡

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:22 pm
Figured that this would be a fun little discussion.
What changes would you like to see?
Have any issues that's steaming your broccoli?
Have any ideas that you think would be good for various site features?

I wanna hear them. emotion_dowant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:07 pm
I for one would like to see them make an effort to reduce these announcements, specifically the repetitive ones. gonk

I've created a proposal in SF and some mock ups of what I think might be a good idea that could work for Gaia and us all at once.

Sales Visibility Improvement and Announcement Reductions
If anyone is interested please support or criticize heart

Everyone has just had enough of it and its driving them away as well. They could do a little effort to improve the user environment while still maintaining the sales pace.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:10 pm
Pwnder
I for one would like to see them make an effort to reduce these announcements, specifically the repetitive ones. gonk

I've created a proposal in SF and some mock ups of what I think might be a good idea that could work for Gaia and us all at once.

Everyone has just had enough of it and its driving them away as well. They could do a little effort to improve the user environment while still maintaining the sales pace.

They should make a blog for all of the cash sale stuff... The announcements they send out is way overkill, so many things to click... gonk I'll check your link out in a bit. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 pm
To be honest I really want another game similar to ZOMG!
Was a fun and interesting way to meet new people and find people you could work well with towards a common goal (BEATING STUFF IN HARD MODE! =D ).

-Loveless-Kai

Anxious Trash

17,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gender Swap 100

-Loveless-Kai

Anxious Trash

17,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:12 pm
Dogoda
Pwnder

They should make a blog for all of the cash sale stuff... The announcements they send out is way overkill, so many things to click... gonk I'll check your link out in a bit. emotion_yatta

To be honest I have two different Add Blockers on...
But I miss having MAYBE three a day. Anymore it seems like you get a good 20-40 a day.
Maybe they should just do one post a day for their Gaia Cash sales and just list the percentage off and what time of the day the deal is available.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:05 pm
The announcements are really a big thing. I mean, yeah, you could get GaiaUpgrade, which can auto read the announcements.

But that shouldn't be a big selling point to an add-on. That's the only reason I got it though.

I personally would love to see a better focus on the users again. Now, I haven't been back for very long, but it seems like the big guys in charge of the site look at us like we're some type of walking ATM.

And, because they are running a business, I understand you kind of need to think like that. But, gently.
Hammering it in, like they are, is something that is causing people to leave. Hell, after my second day back, I was more than tempted to just log out again forever. Because the community aspect that used to be EVERYWHERE was almost non-existent.

Other than that, I have no complaints. At least, nothing that I have an idea on how to solve. I have no idea how to fix the hyper-inflation that's going on. At least, no idea that won't piss people off.  

Zalaznick Valkyrie

Decisive Smoker

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:56 am
The Announcement Reader was my main reason for getting GaiaUpgrade too. I started with BetterGaia, but there wasn't enough customizability for my taste, and even though you can use both together, I just swapped it out for GaiaUpgrade instead, especially since one of the things I hated the most was the fact that Gaia forcibly centered the site for everybody. I use an ad blocker to block the site centering code to make it left-aligned again, and it didn't work with BetterGaia.

I know they probably won't do it or they'll risk losing money, but I want the ability to opt-out of sale announcements without having to download add-ons to clean up the spam they cause. I'd probably keep GaiaUpgrade anyway for other stuff, but still. The frequency and the wording used in the sale announcements, along with the inability to turn them off, just makes it too glaringly obvious they don't care at all about making the users happy, just whatever makes them the most money. They'll break promises, and use sleazy tactics, whatever they think will work.

I also want something similar to zOMG! to come back. I didn't play it that much after I finished the main storyline, but I made occasional attempts to go through Deadman's Shadow, and I didn't have much success. It doesn't have to be an exact remake of zOMG!, and I might have been more likely to play it if they could fix the lagging issues, and had the option to play 100% of the game solo. Finding people to join my crew became too difficult after some people started losing interest. I also just didn't like being locked into a crew and wanted the ability to leave at any time without ruining other's plans. cat_razz

I also want them to stop releasing gold generators. It's a pretty simple fix to prevent the economy from getting worse, but a few users are still buying them in enough numbers to keep Gaia releasing them, despite the backlash from everyone else. Then of course, have enough gold sinks to take out most of what's left. I do have other ideas on how they could fix the inflation instantly, but it wouldn't be 100% fair, and would probably cause a lot of users to rage quit, so it would probably be better to just use my earlier suggestion. cat_smile

Edit: They should also fix that stupid glitch where Loyal spams you with PMs about how you no longer have access to his shop (even if you've been logging in every day), then seconds later sends another one welcoming you back. cat_stare It actually seems to cause a significant delay when logging in. I'll think, "why is it taking a full minute or two to log me in, when it usually only take 5 seconds?", then see the PM spam from Loyal when it finally logs me in.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:54 am

I created this petition today::

~* Trades, Donations, Trashing - Faster & Easier *~

edit:: Improved thanks to a suggestion from Pwnder. heart

Lycanthropos

Lupine Guardian

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:21 pm
Lycanthropos

I created this petition today::

~* Trades, Donations, Trashing - Faster & Easier *~

edit:: Improved thanks to a suggestion from Pwnder. heart

Make a thread in our main forum with your petition link. It will get noticed more if you do that. wink  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games