Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 pm
User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:01 pm
"This is absurd, Tethys!" The lioness had been watching her twin brother pace back and forth for close to an hour. His usual jovial demeanor had been replaced by something akin to a raging thundercloud and she had to wonder why this had been such an incredibly big deal for him. They had only just become a part of this community, and now he was already considering a jaunt back into the roguelands? He barely even knew his arse from his elbow and the lioness had made sure to tell him of this when he had declared his intentions.

He knew nothing of the laws of this land.

He knew nothing of their traditions.

He had far too much to learn before he could go off on a jolly - if he wanted to be worthy of respect then in her opinion he should have at least been making attempts to understand everything that the Stormborn entailed. Granted, the same could be said for herself, but she had already begun to investigate the various avenues of 'employment' within the pride and had ascertained that she knew of one she had particular interest in.

...She at the very least intended to get her paws wet before she simply stepped forward and offered herself up for the position.

"You've barely been here for a year and you think it's perfectly acceptable to storm off? What exactly is it that you're aiming to achieve or prove?"

Words: 242

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:10 pm
His sibling really could be a huge pain in the a** for him sometimes - she always had some sort of rebuttal to any plan he might have. If it didn't have a strategy and a series of alternatives to possible scenarios, then she simply wasn't prepared to participate. It was both a blessing and a curse given that on many occasions she had successfully gotten what she wanted.

At the very least, her disposition had not ensured she was the apple of their father's eye regardless of her success rate. Her inflexibility had been something that their father had been quick to expose. Strong willed as she was, she had refused to see precisely what Destati had meant, but Tethys did know, and he had seen exactly what their father had been aiming at. He may not have been the genius that his sibling was, but contrary to her belief he could string a few words together and he could hold his own.

...She'd just never seen it before.

"It is actually, in fact it's encouraged," he growled and motioned towards the inner pride lands. He had spoken to more than a few of the pride, even had the pleasure of discussing what the Reavers sought to do. If anything the Reavers were almost the sole source of some of the resources this pride even had! Resources that he was all too aware that his beloved sibling would eventually want.

"You think you know everything and yet you have just as much knowledge as I do. You want to know what I have to prove?"

He paused.

"Everything." he snapped. "I'm not here to laze about and let others hand me things while I put a paw out to learn how to make nets," he continued. Not that he didn't have respect for crafters, it just wasn't in his line or interest. He might enjoy some of it as a hobby, but long term employment was a no-go.

"Our father told us to find purpose, not just strength, and sitting on my a** is not purpose!" he huffed out his cheeks. "I'm going," he stated and lifted a paw to point at her. "And I'm going to succeed where you believe me or not - and when I do it will be me who is recognised and me who ascends to a more useful position in society... before you."

Words: 398

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:19 pm
"If you are implying that a Reaver is a higher rank than a Freeborn, I would be so bold as to point out that you're wrong," she rolled her eyes at his declaration. There had always been some amount of competition between herself and her sibling, but in the end they always came together when it mattered most. Unfortunately, today was not one of those days and this was most likely something that they weren't going to agree on. Alas, Dione knew how these things went, they always went the same way.

Eventually Tethys would submit, agree that she was right, and they would return to normality.

"I do recall what father said, I do recall that he told us to find purpose," she raised a brow and shook her head. "But you know just as well as I do that he would not approve of you doing so without being aware of the full ramifications of your actions." She pursed her lips, paused again, and rounded her gaze on her brother in the same fashion that normally ensured he would bow out.

In this relationship she had always been the alpha.

"At the very least learn what else this pride expects, find out how you are supposed to carry yourself, act, what it is they want you to acquire exactly rather than gallivanting off and hoping you get it right."

"...You can't always get by on luck."

Alas, on this rare occasion Dione was wrong... After all, it had been Tethys who spoke to the other Reavers and he knew precisely what was considered 'ideal'.

Words: 266

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:33 pm
She was going to be humbled, he'd die trying if he had to.

His lips curled into a snarl as she gave the all too familiar stare, it had won out on him far too many times in the roguelands. Fortunately for him, the stern talking to his father had given him before he sent both of them on their way, had sent a jolt up his spine. He was grown, he wasn't a buffoon and if he would get out from under his sister's legs then he would be able to see that for himself.

She had dictated to him for far too long. He would always love her, and he might even grow to appreciate her consul again in time, but right now it was his turn to provide his sibling with a lesson in humility. If anything, her arrogance was enough to steel him, if he hadn't been certain before he was definitely certain now.

"I'm going," he snarled, his eyes narrowing to slits. "And you will concede when you see me return," he added in a low hiss. Oh but he would enjoy seeing her expression when he returned, he would relish in it, particularly if his Viking was a resounding success.

Before the lioness had the opportunity to interject further, she was greeted with his tail and he strode away. Whether she chose to protest now, or as he walked away was irrelevant. For once in her life, Dione had lost the argument and now she was going to have to wait to see if she was right, or if he was...

Words: 267
Fin

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces