(PRP Matori) Fresh Fesh ( Theriar and Trelenwy) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:17 am
Theriar had his scaley prize in tow as he searched for the water girl who had become his only friend. His ears scanned for her voice so seldom heard for others and his eyes roved among the waterfolk at the busy market looking for her distinct patterns. So far it was to no avail, but he continued searching, she hadnt been at home and this was the only other place he could look for her. He refused to call aloud and draw more attention to his strange presence here. Maybe if he hid his feelers? No he was too tall they would still notice. Rats.

He didnt mind the market but would feel much better ince he spotted her. No doubt she would protect him and his first fish.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:50 pm
Trelenwy did often go to market, whether it was a trip for sale or for purchase. Usually it was both, and usually it was every day with one off now and again. Today she was there, and her most defining trait was perhaps the darkness of her hair. She wasn't looking for Therair (he was gone, after all) and so wasn't paying much attention as she stood a few feet from the nearest cart, brow furrowed. She looked over the price listing and nibbled her lower lip. She hated haggling. If she wanted to get out of here with some decent fish for dinner, though, she was going to have to strike a deal. It might have to be broth again. Her farm was only new, after all, and the little gathering of pearls she had hadn't yet made much money. People wanted beads, but what about the people who just wanted pearls if she drilled holes through all of them?! She couldn't know who would buy which!

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 pm
grasshopper pie

Eventually he spotted her and his whole posture relaxed. Safety was in sight. He hurried through the crowd while trying not to touch any of them least they take offense to his presence. It could happen. He could take a few in a fight..he hoped but he didn't really like fighting at the best of times, all he wanted right now was to show Trelenwy his fish.

He slowed as he got closer, cautious, letting her see him, least he scare her by accident, she seemed to not be as calm as he would have thought anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:09 pm
It took the young woman a moment to realize Theriar was in her sight. A slow smile spread across her lips and split into a grin, and then she completely abandoned the stand to rush to him.

"Thought you were gone!" she chimed. She'd thought he had gone back to Jauhar and she wouldn't see him for months at best, if he ever returned at all! Her monetary struggles were momentarily forgotten. She might even have hugged him, if he wasn't holding a fish.

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:08 pm
grasshopper pie

"Well I was gone, but still in Matori, I was um fishing." He held up his prize for her inspection. "I just don't know what to do with it now." He wiggled the fish in question. "It won't fit into a pot like this...i thought maybe the banana leaf method..but having never actually done it before..." He shrugged.

She would have an idea he was sure of it, she was the fish master. He wasn't even sure he had gutted the thing right.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:17 pm
Trelenwy sat her basket of pearls at her feet and took the fish from Theriar without a word. She brought it to her nose and sniffed it. He hadn't even known what lobsters were until yesterday, so she couldn't guarantee that a fish he had caught in all of the time he had been gone was still good. A couple of tentative sniffs and a whiff later, she decided: "Good to eat."

She handed the fish back and tilted her head. Could Theriar not cook?

"Can teach." She was still probably having broth but at the very least she could help him preserve the fish if he didn't want to eat it right away.

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:39 pm
grasshopper pie

"Whew," See! She knew what to do! Yay! He smiled and peered curiously around the market. "You mind if we look around?" There was much hustle and bustle here, but now at least he had an ally in the crowd.

Here and there he saw flashes of scales and bright colors, shells galore, along with fabrics in blue and green. He was almost itching now to investigate, whereas before he was itching to find her and escape.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:55 pm
"Sure," Trelenwy agreed. She'd just have to see if she could get some fish heads or something before they left. She picked her pearl basket back up and nodded for Theriar to continue. As they passed a stand selling textiles she gestured with her shoulder and head: "Worked there."

It had been awful, too. Better than slavery, but still pretty bad; unforgiving and thankless, with long hours and crummy living quarters. She much preferred her farm, even if it made about the same amount of money for more intensive work.

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:04 pm
grasshopper pie

He peered at the wares then at her face, she didn't look very enthusiastic about the cloth so he decided not to buy any. Instead he averted his yellow eyes and moved on, fish swinging as he walked. He hoped it would not start to stink soon.

"I um would be honored if you would share my first fish with me Trelenwy, I think I want to make a career out of fishing but I will need some more guidance."

He ducked his head, oddly scared about what she might say. Coastal fishing was not standard fair for ice/alks, but then ice/alks were not exactly standard fair either. He wasn't even sure if there was another one out there, besides himself and his parents.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:15 pm
She watched the booth as they passed it, making eye contact with the owner's wife but not offering any pleasant expression. Neither did the older woman. Trelenwy simply continued on her way.

Then she brightened suddenly. Share?!

"Really?" she asked, and then added: "Don't have to... Can teach anyway!" She'd had no expectation that he was going to share. It wasn't exactly the largest fish known to man. It would be enough for just the two of them, though, and so much better than broth...

She nodded deeply then. "Yes. Can help." She knew fishermen, after all. A lot of them.

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:21 pm
"It wouldn't be right not to share, its special when its a first thing and it would make me feel better to know that someone else was also reaping the benefit, not just me, it will make a better memory I think."

It was a special fish and should be shared in his mind with his best friend it was as simple as that..especially since she knew how to cook it. It might have to have something special done to it, he had heard that fish had many bones....did you eat them too?

He spotted a fish stall up ahead and increased his stride somewhat in his excitement. "Oh look at them, arn't they fascinating?!"

grasshopper pie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 pm
Trelenwy beamed at her friend. Was it really his first fish ever? She'd believe it! He hadn't even known what was in the ocean! She was honored to be sharing it with him.

When Theriar picked up the pace, though, the young woman deflated a bit. Yes, it was more fish, and a different stand than she had been looking at; a more expensive stand. It'd be awfully embarrassing if she was expected to buy something and couldn't afford or trade for it. The men who worked with their arms and legs, they never understood the beautiful things.

She followed him to the stall regardless and hung a bit behind, both arms wrapped around the edge of the pearl-basket that she leaned against her hip.

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:27 am
Theriar already had a fish, he didn't need to buy more, he was a freugal person when it came down to it, you had to be in Jauhar unless you were a merchant, and his parents had been warriors before they were crippled, so he was used to sparing the dime here and there, saving it for another day.

He just wanted to look at the new creatures and see if they had caught any of the same species he had. There were some really weird looking ones.

"Trel, what are these? What's that? Why does it have a bauble on its head? That one is super scary looking, why did I walk into the water again?"

grasshopper pie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:52 am
To be completely honest, Trelenwy didn't know the specific names of all but the most common of fish. She knew what was good to eat and what was not, and that was the most important part. She did giggle when Theriar began his assault of questions, but she didn't really have the knowledge to answer. Instead, she reassured him.

"Fish more afraid of you."

Duke Edward Drake

bobaTJ

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:57 am
His feelers laid back slightly and he squinted at her, with humor glinting in his eyes. "I highly doubt that little miss." Then he smiled broadly and with a last glance at the fish moved on to the next table. "Quite the happening place here, but I think I'm getting hungry, fishing as it turns out is harder work then I thought."

He gently grasped her hand and propelled her along, browsing through this and that, watching to see the things she liked and didn't, finally he asked. "So should we go cook now?" Before his fish started to stink.

grasshopper pie

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces