Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 pm
Cornetified

She had been brought to Tacrith in an unconscious state, practically unresponsive to anything, but she was alive. Fallon had been placed where the doctor had wanted her and then left there to be tended to. She had infection in the wound and it seemed to had taken to her blood. Luckily her fever had broken over the course of being treated. By the time everything was cleaned and stitched then bandaged her body had cooled and now she was cold only due to the remains of sweat.

After hours, or maybe even a day, Fallon felt her mind surfacing. She could hear sounds again and eventually she opened her eyes. The young woman couldn't move her injured arm as it was apparently strapped to her side. It worried her a little but she tried to sit up. Her head throbbed horribly and her mouth was dry. "Where am I?" She croaked. After licking her lips she did her best to look around.

As far as she could recall she'd not seen this room before. Was she in the sanctum? No, Fallon didn't think so. So where was she? Her free hand moved to touch her shoulder and she hissed upon first contact. Oh, that's right, Fallon had taken an arrow to the shoulder. As the Alkidike's face flashed in her mind she groaned and moved her hand to cradle her head.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:19 pm
He could hardly believe what he had seen. Tacrith stood outside of the treatment room, leaning against the wall to scratch out a few notes on Fallon's documents. Fallon. Why would someone attack Fallon? How could they? She had been such a mess... Never mind that it had been a while since they had seen each other. This wasn't the reunion he'd imagined.

His head lifted when he heard a soft voice question from beyond the curtain. He jotted down a couple more things before quickly heading in. "Fallon?" She didn't look terrific, but she was awake. That alone was a good sign. He hobbled over to her side and gave her a small but tight smile. "You were attacked, but you're safe now. You're here in the clinic I work at." He brushed a little of her sweat-soaked hair from her face and frowned. She would need to be bathed before the nurses left for the night. "Would you like some water? I can prop you up with some pillows if you wish."

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:36 pm
Cornetified
Am guessing Jola would have told Tac that she had been missing for a week so the wound was days old.

The voice she heard made her look toward Tacrith. She was safe? She let her hand drop to rest on her chest and she nodded. "I.. I think I remember." At least.. she remembered the face of the woman that had hurt her. When he mentioned water she paused for a moment. "Please?" Fallon was at least helpful enough to try and lift herself up. She leaned heavily on her non-injured arm to do it but she didn't want her friend to have to hold her and grab pillows.

"How... how long?" Fallon was curious to know how long she'd been in the clinic. If she had run straight back to Pajore after being hurt then she could make quick work of going back and getting her sister's body. Of course she didn't know that she had been shot some days ago.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Seeing Fallon push herself up, Tac quickly put the pillows into place, pressing one hand gently to her back to be sure she wasn't going to strain herself with the effort. With the pillows in place, he turned to the water pitcher nearby.

"You have been here at the clinic for a day now," he said, walking back to hand over the drink. "But I was told.. that the person who brought you in said that you have been missing for about a week." He sat on the edge of the bed to look over the exposed bandages. "I don't know when you were injured, but it was surely more than a couple days ago. ..Do you remember what happened?"

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:54 pm
Cornetified

As soon as the pillows were in place she laid back on them and let out a sigh. It shouldn't be this hard to sit up, should it? Fallon watched him and when he sat on the edge of the bed to tell her that it had been more than a few days she stayed silent for a moment. Her eyes dropped to her lap and she felt tears drip directly from her eyes to the blanket that covered her. Then she searched the room before trying to sit up once more, this time pushing the blanket away from her. "I need to go back.. I need to go.." Fallon's voice had reached a hoarse squeak and she looked on the verge of breaking down. "I need to go back.. I need.. I need.. I need Jolanta and beads.." She tried to think of everything else she would need to perform the last rites for her sister. She wasn't thinking clearly at the moment.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 pm
Tac cocked his head slightly as Fallon seemed to tense up, and he waited quietly. Must have been a shock to hear how long she had been gone. Brow rising as she spoke, Tac quickly put the glass onto the end table and reached over to firmly grip Fallon's good shoulder. "No. You are in no condition to go anywhere right now. Where do you think you need to go back to?"

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:22 pm
Cornetified

She couldn't put up a fight since her body was still weak so when Tac moved to keep her down that is where she stayed. She tried to move her bad arm but only stressed the muscles. It was tied down. Fallon stared at him for a second before she closed her eyes and sank into the pillows. "I have to go back. My sister... she died. She needs her last rites." Her body needed tending to. Along with the others in the small village.

"Please Tacrith, before Dafiel takes her away from me. I have to go back!" Her voice was a squeak of desperation.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:21 pm
Tac kept his hand on Fallon's shoulder, eyes widening slightly. A sister, a fellow priestess most likely, dead? Tac closed his eyes and sighed softly. How horrible... His hand that was resting on his leg clenched into a fist. Damn those Alkidikes... They brought nothing but death...

Biting back his feelings, he leaned it and shook his head. "Fallon, don't worry. I will send word to the sanctum for you. They will send someone to find her. What you need to do is rest."

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:40 pm
Cornetified

"Get Jolanta. I can go with him! We can bury her!" Fallon pleaded with Tacrith. He had to let her up. She tried yet again to get up. "Tacrith, let me up!" Everything in her wanted to fight but she had no energy and weak muscles from fever and infection.

"Let me up!" She was practically shouting at him now. Fallon would soon drop into hysterics if she had to.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:59 pm
Jolanta? "Fallon, you're in no condition to trav-" Fallon was so desperate, but it wasn't hard to keep her back. Wincing from the shouting, he glanced over at the glass of water. If he could get a light sedative in there...

"Fallon, if I let you up, you will die," he said sharply. "How will you explain that to your sister in the end? Wouldn't she want you to survive and oversee her burial, rather than be buried so quickly at her side? Someone else will find her."

A couple nurses pulled the curtain aside to look into the room after Fallon's shout, watching the pair nervously.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:41 pm
Cornetified

"I can do it!" She cried. "I can make it." Fallon moved to reach over and pull at the bindings that kept her other arm tethered to her side. "I need to see to her. She needs me." When the bindings didn't seem to do what she wanted she moved her hand up to her shoulder and dug her nails in. She couldn't touch the wound since it was bandaged, but she could reach the skin around it and she scratched. Swirls started to take shape there, her habit mixed with her need to get up.

"I'm fine! I can go." Fallon seemed so sure and she tried yet again to move off the bed.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 pm
Biting back a curse, he reached to grab and hold Fallon's clawing hand. He turned and barked an order to the nurses. One nurse hurried to the other side of the bed to hold Fallon's arm, while the other nurse shuffled through the cabinet and pulled out a little bottle. She poured some of the liquid onto a cloth, and quickly handed it to Tacrith. He then proceeded to wipe the damp cloth along Fallon's face and neck. "Breathe. Breathe.." The liquid was a strong sedative. Hopefully, it would knock Fallon unconscious, but Tac would be happy if it just got her to calm down.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:26 pm
Cornetified

"No!" She screamed. When a nurse appeared to hold her arm she did what she could to fight, which resulted in a lot of wiggling but not much else. "Tacrith! No! I need to go to her.." Fallon fell into tears and sobs, everything that came with grief. Of course she sucked in deep breaths between sobs and as the sedative was brought into the mix she seemed to slowly lose her edge before she stopped moving altogether.

Tac had gotten his wish. The young priestess was out cold. Her hysterics mixed with the medicine was enough to put her back under. Likely she would stay that was for a few hours.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:56 pm
Once Fallon calmed down, Tac slowly let himself straighten up. It wasn't until the young woman was unconscious that he pushed himself up. Leaving the nurses to bathe Fallon, he went to write a couple notes. The notes would be sent to the sanctum, notifying that a sister remained in the woods.

With the letters sent and the nurses done, Tacrith put fresh bandages over the wounds. Reluctantly, he restrained Fallon's free hand to make sure she wouldn't claw at herself again upon waking. The other arm was bound to her side like before, and a bowl of scented water set nearby to keep the calming scents in the air.

Later, Tac was sitting on the edge of the bed again, pressing his hand to Fallon's forehead, checking her vital signs.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:15 pm
Cornetified

When she finally came to again she felt a hand on her forehead. Fallon opened her eyes slowly and looked at Tacrith for a moment then looked away. The look on her face was similar to betrayal.

She felt as though he had doomed her sister to the land of the forgotten. When she went to move she noticed that her other hand was now tied down. Fallon lifted her head to look down at it. Bringing her eyes up to meet Tac's she simply stared. Her gaze seemed void of anything and when she finally rested her head she turned it away from the doctor. Silent tears cascaded down and soft sobs jerked her body but otherwise she made no other noise.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff