Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[ORP] Visitation (Azhar, Haruva and cubs?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:35 am
(This is meant as a family reunion so I can get a feel for Haruva but anyone can join in especially if you have other cubs - If you need a reminder of what is going on with this family >>> check this out. No post order, informal stuff. Also, I will roll art gifts at the end of each completed page <3 )

User Image
Azhar slinked past a border Guard who raised an eyebrow at him but otherwise pretended not to see the dark lion. It was a good thing that some were willing to tolerate the brief intrusion so he could spend a few moments with his cubs. It was implicit that Hodari, as a Guard, would tear him apart if he did anything inappropriate within the pride’s boundaries… which was something he had trouble coming to terms with, that a female could be given, could be trusted with such a physically-demanding and potentially violent role. Then again, he’d seen much since leaving his former pride and this was hardly the most surprising.

User Image

Oh! You’re back!” A small voice piped up happily and a pale cub left the mouth of the den. He never quite knew how to address his father who seemed to like formalities despite not being too terribly pushy about them. “I knew you would, father.”

Haruva sat right in the middle of Azhar’s path, completely blocking his way until his presence was fully acknowledged. He looked back briefly, suddenly concerned. Mother wouldn't want him to stray too far from the den.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm
User Image

Galdric could hear movement and both his ears seemed to perk up as he listened. It seemed his father had returned and he lazily sat up to greet the dark male. It wasn't indifference as he moved past his bouncy brother who seemed all to awake. It was the fact that he was groggily coming out of his sleep and felt so very tired.

"Father." The male greeted his father with a very gruff and tired voice. It was tough being a cub. Really it was. Sleeping much of the day. Getting all that energy out. The purple male blinked a few more times as if it might help him but felt more like time was slowing even more. "Haruva, shush. You're so loud." Groaned the tiny cub who seemed to act more wise than he was.

Mogami

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:37 pm
User Image
User Image

There was conversation coming from the front of the den and it was starting to get irritating. The sounds of chatter was to be expected with so many siblings, but for whatever reason Yoru was unable to go back to sleep once woken on this particular occasion. He was blinking his eyes awake and then he noticed the change: his mother was awake and her eyes were narrowed and angry.

"Mother?" He asked, his eyes worried.

His mother blinked and looked down at him and the anger faded from her eyes as she smiled. There was still an edge there, but she was trying her best for him, Yoru realized. His mother always tried her best for all of them. She licked his head and then got to her paws and walked to the front of the den, a serious look on her face, while Yoru trailed behind her.

"Azhar." Remarked his mother in cool, near icy, tones. "I didn't expect you."

Yoru glanced between his mother and father and then walked over to his two brothers, to observe what was going on.

Mogami

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:55 pm
belloblossom

DavyJnah

"Hello." Azhar couldn't help smiling as he saw the his three little sons. He was somewhat sorrowful that they would never grow up as Pesars in his former pride - no one else would, really. He'd loved his home and he was certain his cubs would've loved it, as well. But this pride was a good place despite their odd customs. The lions here seemed nice enough and they had good hunting grounds. The cubs would grow in a stable and safe environment. He took in the sleepy Galdric and the cautious Yoru before addressing the pale cub in his path.

"Galdric is right. Be careful not to wake your sisters." Then he noticed Hodari's body language. Maybe it was because she never wanted to have cubs (with him, at least). Or because he'd been stupid enough to tell her females would never have been given her rank and that males were allowed several mates in the Ukuucha'Wafalme, his former pride. Either way, she obviously wasn't interest in a mating arrangement and neither was she pleased by his visit.

"Hodari." He nodded, respectfully. Seven cubs were probably a lot of work when you didn't have other lionesses in the den to help you. "I hope you are well. I apologize for the sudden intrusion." Perhaps in the future he could send some form of warning before checking in on his cubs.

-----------------------

Haruva grinned and nodded earnestly before he noticed his mother. Immediately, his ears dropped and he looked unsure, unable to understand what had upset mommy. He looked around, seeking the source of his mother's anger and felt glad that at least his father was there to help. Because it was a safer action or perhaps in order to distract everyone and lower the strange tension, he turned around and jumped, trying to pounce on Yoru.

"Think fast!" the cub said, keeping his voice barely above a whisper.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm
"Of course I'm right father." He was starting to wake up more. Let the girls rest more, something about beauty sleep. The young male was curious as to what brought his father here. Did he just want to see them or maybe he wanted to take the boys to do something? Whatever the case may be he wanted to spend some time with his sire. Despite how his mother was acting he wasn't going to completely give him the cold shoulder.

Tiny purple Galdric hadn't moved from his spot but decided that he wanted to stick closer to his mother and moved to her side as well. He came up on the opposite side of her from Yoru and looked up at his parents. There was tension between them he wouldn't really understand yet. Probably not until he was an adolescent, maybe even adult.

Mogami

belloblossom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:30 pm
User ImageApparently her wandering away from the den was something that had caused her to miss out on some things. As she scampered back towards the area she couldn't help but notice the unfamiliar male but his markings looked familiar. "Did I miss anything?" She asked looking between her mother and the strange male.. "Why does he have familiar markings? Is he related?" She asked curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:22 pm
Despite the sudden concern at seeing a cub approach from somewhere outside the den, Azhar smiled at his daughter, the twin to Yoru - Miyako, he remembered - when she moved closer. His smile fell quickly when he heard her words and the black lion tried to remember if the little female had been asleep the last time he visited but clearly her reaction meant he needed to spend more time with his cubs. Her words stung the hardest when he considered that out of all the cubs, the twins and Tama were the ones who showed the greatest resemblance to Azhar.

"Hello." He greeted, softly and his eyes rose to meet Hodari's, unsure of how to answer the little cub's question - or if this was even the time and place to address it.

-------------------

Haruva missed his brother and rolled in the ground, earning himself a mouthful of dirt. He didn't even notice the arrival of one of his sisters, so intent the cub was in the hopes of drawing attention and reducing the tension in the air..

"Stand still!" He told Yoru who probably hadn't moved, at all. Then he pounced again, hoping for better accuracy this time "Look, father! I'm going to be the best hunter!" It didn't bother him that hunting was all he would ever do for the pride and that no other options were available. It was possible that he would one day show some concern regarding the his limited life choices but right now... hunting sounded pretty cool.

belloblossom

AstoriaFallen

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:30 pm
Mogami

When he said hello to her she cocked her head up to look at him. "Hello." She said back. Her brothers banter stole her away for a second and with his words she couldn't help but look back towards the male. Had he said father? So this was the male that had sired them. She hadn't seen him before. "Why don't you come around often?" She said since the cat was now out of the back pretty much that he was their father. "Do you live far away?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 am
Yoru had been so distracted by the ongoing comverstion, halted as it was, between his parents. When his twin showed up, his attention drifted to her and he had gotten to his paws and walked over to her. It was only after the sound of scuffling paws did he turn to see Haruva had pounced where he was, this time missing the darker cub a second time, even if Yoru had not realized the first.

He shook himself and turned his attention now to the conversation his father and sister were having, though it seemed more like a drawn out hello, to the young cub. Then, his mother began to speak again, first to their father and then to all of them. He listened with wide eyes.
------------
"If you realize it is so sudden, you could have opted to wait and send notice to allow me to prepare for your arrival. Showing up as you have has caused us all some inconvenience." Her tail swept behind her and curled slowly, forming a small barrier between Azhar and her cubs. He may be the biological father, but that didn't mean she wanted him anywhere near her cubs or poking around with roguish parenting methods. Her family was safest in the pride right now, especially now that the rebellion had won over.

Especially now, however, rogues were being looked at with scrutiny. Pho dark out it in her mind to inform the other Guards to stall him at the border and see if she wished to approach him first, instead of just letting him pass through although he were part of the pride.

Now, to address this problem to the little ones.
"My dears, this is Azhar, your father. He lives in the rogue lands, past our pride lands. I know you must have questions for him, but it is also our time for resting." At this she glanced at Haruva, who had caused everyone to wake up, and then her gaze moved to Azhar, the subject of the waking. Eventually her gaze returned to her little ones and she gave them a kind smile. "So, you shall each get to ask one question and then it's off to bed again, for all of you. Understand?"

Mogami

AstoriaFallen

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:25 pm
Only one question? She didn't think that seemed like a whole lot. She wanted to save her question for last though so she could hear what everyone else asked first. She had already sort of asked him two, but that was before mom had given them a limit! So she could still ask him one more later.

Happy with that she turned her attention to Yoru and moved close to him and spoke in a hushed sound. "Who do you think he isn't around much?" She asked him quietly.

Belloblossom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:08 pm
Hodari watched her cubs, smiling at the ones who seemed uncertain and brushing her tail over pelts that were starting to ruffle. They had nothing to fear, Hodari would make sure of that. She would make sure that her family were safe and while she knew that Azhar posed no threat, she couldn't help, but look at him with weariness in her eyes. How was she supposed to explain to the cubs that he wasn't going to be apart of the family?

Shaking the thoughts from her head, she turned expectant eyes on her little ones. Who was going to ask their question first? She wondered.
--------------
Yoru's ears perked up as he was addressed and turned to look at Miyako who sat beside him now. Glancing back at his parents as they faced off from one another, he inclined his head towards his twin before replying.

"I don't think Mother likes him very much..." He responded just as quietly as her inquiry had been. After a moment of watching his mother, he picked up on something curious and narrowed his eyes in focus, before turning his bewildered gaze back to Miyako. "Notice the way, Mother is standing all stiff-legged? Her fur is starting to stand up a little too... I... I think she might be scared of him... Or maybe angry? I dunno..." Whatever she was feeling, it was worrying him-he didn't like it one bit. All sense of security came from his mother, so when she was uncomfortable, Yoru also became as such. "I don't think I feel good about him either." He said to his sister.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 pm
belloblossom

She had to agree with her twin. She didn't think she did either. "Why would she be scared of him? She had us with him...." It didn't really make sense to her but maybe she was afraid he'd take them from her and she'd never see them again? That could be it, possibly.

She looked over at her brother and frowned. She wasn't sure how she felt. She wanted a father figure and there he was, but he wasn't going to be in the picture permanently. "I'm not sure how I feel." She said being honest about the whole thing.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:11 am
Yoru was as uncertain as ever about the goings on of that meeting and between his and his twin's musings, he felt all the more nervous. He had just wanted to sleep, for the Great Lion's sake! He felt a nervous growl start to build up in his throat and it escaped before he could stop it. His mother's ears twitched toward him and he shrunk back, creeping behind Miyako.

"Oh, I don't know anything anymore." He replied meekly to his twin. "I just wanna go back to sleep..."

He was sure his mother must've heard him, for she prompted her cubs another time, this time with a tone of finality in her voice.
"Really? None of you have any questions for your father?" She inquired. If no one replied this time, Yoru was very certain that she would send them off to the den again, but gazing at his father, he wasn't sure if he felt relief or disappointment.

Mogami

AstoriaFallen
If no one else replies for a while, are you okay with wrapping it up between the two of us?

DavyJnah

Andranis
Wasn't sure if you saw this or not!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 am
belloblossom
we can wrap this up if you like

She gave a small yawn and nodded her head. She had to agree. Sleep was something that sounded good. She really wanted to ask him a couple of questions but no one else seemed eager to jump up to the task.

She frowned. Was she the only one who wanted to know more? "I just hope he's able to come back soon." She said looking at their father and then their mother before moving to her twins side. "Wouldn't you want him to come back?" She whispered to him with another yawn.

She really didn't expect an answer to be honest and gave her twin a nudge. "Come, let's go back." She said heading off to the den, she didn't want to be there to watch him walk away.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:23 pm
Yoru was happy to see that his twin had a similar sentiment about going back to sleep and he followed her to the den, casting a final look over his shoulder at his mother and father, before slipping inside.

"I don't now, Miya." He mewed to his sister, patting the spot next to him where she ought to curl up with him. "He makes me feel uneasy... But maybe later...Oh, I dunno..." Yoru yawned himself and lay down, placing his head on his paws and closing his eyes. Moments later, he was asleep and if his twin replied, it was overwhelmed by the sudden aching tiredness her brother felt as he drifted into a dreamless sleep.

--------------
Hodari watched as the twins stumbled off into the den and she nosed all of her other cubs into the den too, going so far as to pick up Haruva and carry him in.
"Get some sleep, my darlings." She told them. "I'll be in to join you shortly." Then she left her cubs in the den, exiting on soft paws as she went to go see Azhar again. Turning back her ears and frowning at him, she spoke quietly and quickly.

"Your visitation is now over, Azhar. Allow me to show you to the border." And so she saw him to the border and stared at the dark-pelted lion as he left. One day she may be able to open her heart to the idea that it wasn't Azhar's fault and that she was being unfair, but today was not that day. Today she had cubs to go back to and so she turned, closing her heart and mentioning to the Guards posted to alert her any time Azhar tried to get into the pride again, before slipping back into the den, curling around her cubs and pulling them towards her with her tail. It had been an unpleasant awakening and no doubt they would ask after their father for the next day or so, but she had dealt with it and for the time being, they could all just sleep, as they had been meant to. And so, they slept.

AstoriaFallen
Fin~

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces