[Duel] Come at me [Urit'alya x Chante-peta] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:26 pm
User ImageThe sun wasn't as blazing as it could have been, but the day was still hot and unforgiving. It wasn't anything the firekin were unused to, but sitting still the head of the sun on Alya's dark fur was hardly unnoticeable. The lioness lay on the edge of the training grounds, golden eyes moving over the various forms as they moved about and sparred. Alya herself hadn't had any duels that day, instead watching the various groups move about their business. The soldier seemed deeper in thought today than she usually was, sitting quietly and brushing her tail back and forth as she watched.

She learned a bit about herself in the new regent's first games. Alya found herself disappointed in how quickly she became frustrated. She questioned herself as to why she let herself become so worked up. Thinking back, she found that she felt an inordinate need to prove herself as time went by. She was getting older. She didn't have a gain in rank or even the raising of children to show for anything that she had done for the pride.

The soldier shook her head and laid her head on folded paws. She thought back to her mother--the lioness with whom she had a relationship that had little of what some might call 'love.' It frustrated her how still a desire to prove herself to Azula affected her actions and her mood. If she wanted to do well, she didn't have time for troublesome things such as that.

Her eyes closed in thought. Yeah. She just had to let it go.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:47 pm
User Image

Chante-peta was quite on the different end. He didn't put much thought about what he had accomplished over the years. In fact, the only thing he wanted to do was improve his fighting skills, if he raised up in the ranks, that was a bonus. He was walking through the training area, looking for a specific lioness that he said he'd do a rematch for. He felt like a bit of a duel, and who better than his new found friend. She was his match at fighting, and he admired the fact that she could keep up with him.

Even though their hunting for the regent together came up empty pawed, he felt if they had more time, they would have handed it with ease. Perhaps the only thing they needed was a bit of luck. Chante wasn't the luckiest lion, he'd admit. Not that he really believed in luck too much, but the idea was there.

It took him a good few minutes before actually spotting the lioness. He was glad she wasn't trying to hide, or he was afraid he would have never found her. He gave what might have been a grin as he started towards her. "Taking a nap already?" He asked as he reached her.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:01 pm
"Hardly."

Her words were brief and brisk, speaking with her eyes still closed. Alya's tail twitched once before she opened her eyes. She wasn't expecting anyone and hadn't heard the other lion as he moved towards her. They weren't close enough to where she recognized his voice immediately, so when she saw him Alya was caught a bit off guard. The soldier's serious expression broke for but a moment as she made eye contact with the lion.

"Chante-peta, good afternoon." Alya got to her feet, her tail curled around her hind legs. From their last duel, Chante had proven himself a capable fighter, and though they were unsuccessful in the regent's game, he had been a fine enough teammate. "What brings you here?"

She hoped that his answer was for a rematch. The lioness had been itching for one since her last defeat, and what better way was there to get rid of the lingering frustrations from the games?

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:08 pm
As she asked him her question. He stretched, trying not to seem very eager to do any fighting. It was kinda hard to contain it though. He was itching for a good fight, and hadn't really been able to face anyone as much as he wanted to. He knew she'd be willing to do a bit of a duel again. Another chance at beating him, or maybe she wont. He gave her a nod before speaking.

"Well, I believe I owe you a rematch." He said with a shrug. "Unless you don't think you're up to it." He said with a smirk. Of course, she was up to it. He was sure of it. It was a way to get the past out of their heads, and a way to move forward with becoming better fighters.

"If not, I can come back later."

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:23 pm
There was no more containing her enthusiasm. A toothy smile spread onto her face. "Unless I don't think I'm up to it? You pain me, Chante." The lioness unsheathed her claws and raked them through the sand as she knead her paws.

Alya flexed her muscles and rolled her shoulders. She walked past the other lion, coming in close enough proximity to where her voice could be heard at a mere whisper. "A rematch, here and now. I'd want nothing more," she said beside him before she continued past, stopping a few paces away. She readied herself, lowering her body, becoming tense and ready. "Bring it."

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:37 pm
As she whispered while walking past him, a more noticeable smirk crossed his face. "Ladies first." He said without even stopping himself. Of course, it was the gentleman thing to do, right? Plus, going first gave an upper hand. Maybe she needed a bit of an upper hand. Of course, he'd end up regretting offering her first move. But, it was all fun in the end.

He moved his body towards her, ready for anything she might toss at him if she was going to start right away. He wasn't sure. He opened himself up to the opportunity of it, and he realized that a bit too late. Either way, it was all fair that could happen now. His tail flicked behind him, as he made no more comments.

oo DeD
Roll all at once, or one at a time?

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:42 pm
Roll 1: Miss
Total: 1

Alya gave a short, audible laugh at his words, calling back with a "suit yourself!" The smile was wide on her face. Chante was an entertaining sparring partner, she'd give him that. She could feel her blood pumping and her heart racing. The feeling was exhilarating.

The pause after her words was only brief. barely giving him any time to ready himself before she lunged a him. Her forelimbs were outstretched, paws forward. Claws remained sheathed, but the entirety of her weight lay behind that strike. The smile remained on her face, and her golden eyes gleamed.

I Lady Kiya I
One at a time? For the sake of ~suspense~

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:24 pm
Roll 1: hit
Total: 3
He wasn't going to hold back just because she was female, he had learned fast that she wasn't someone to mess around with. He had to give her a good challenge this time, last time it almost felt like they both were holding back. Not this time!

She started a bit faster than their last experience, which made it hard for Chante to get out of the way from her lunge. He remembered their last play, and it went much like this. Though, he was going to switch things up this time. Instead of trying to knock her over, he decided to swing towards her shoulders with a heavy blow.

Contact! This was going well for him!

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:35 pm
Roll 2: Miss
Total: 2

The sudden contact at her shoulder was firm and unexpected. Alya would have been pleased that he wasn't going easy on her, if that fact wasn't sending her plummeting towards the ground. A snarl escaped her lips and her teeth bared, jaws gnashing at her opponent. She had to get up, and she had to get up fast.

Had he gotten stronger? Well, he was a frequent enough face at the training grounds. She was hardly surprised. Perhaps she was impressed, instead.

The lioness rolled to her feet after a little bit too long on the ground, a bit of wind having been knocked out of her chest from the impact.

Well damn. This wasn't going well.

I Lady Kiya I
lol Alya sucks today apparently

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:36 am
Roll 2: Miss
Total: 4

He was doing much better this time! Even he impressed himself, though with that getting to his head, he swung his paw again as she rolled away from him missing her completely. No matter, maybe she didn't notice his attempts at smacking her again. No matter if she did. He could play it off cool, either way.

He grinned at her, "Getting tired?" He asked her in a sort of tease. Of course, he knew if he didn't watch carefully, she would turn this whole thing around and beat him in a flash. That was okay, though. If anyone could do it, he wouldn't be surprised if it was her.

"Or shall we take a small break?" He asked with a smirk.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:01 pm
Roll 3: Bide/Glancing Attack
Total: 4

His chiding was only met with a smirk of her own. "Hah, you wish," she called back. It took more prodding than that to bruise her ego. He seemed proud, too. An admirable trait; Alya could appreciate her confidence, knowing that he had the skill to back it up.

"Should watch yourself, Chante, before someone smacks the grin off that talkative mouth of yours," the lioness called, closing the distance between them before swiping a heavy paw at the air just in front of his face in an attempt to push him back just a bit. Alya also knew well that she had to watch herself. She wasn't one to underestimate an enemy, let alone a fellow pridemate (one who she had fought and been defeated by, at that).

I Lady Kiya I

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:05 pm
Roll 3: Hit
Total: 7

He snickered at her come back. That was what he thought was most fun, the sass she gave back at him. It was one reason he liked to challenge her, he noticed. She was less upset if she was losing, than anyone else. They always seemed butt hurt. It made things less fun that way. "You should worry about yourself, than me!"

He jumped at her with intent of knocking her down this time. He aimed for her back, in hopes that it'd be enough force to knock her down. It seemed he had distracted her enough that he made contact, as for throwing her back to the ground was another thing.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:22 pm
Roll 4: Hit
Total: 7

The weight of him knocked her down. Again. Well, this was getting real old, real fast. The impact with the ground pushed a growl out of her clenched jaw as her legs buckled beneath her. Alya did her best not to get knocked over by the force of his leap, instead remaining crouched to the ground with his weight on her. He just have weight more than her, she was sure. She couldn't keep this up for long.

It was a good duel. Her heart was racing with excitement. Well, at least he hadn't been a let down.

In an attempt to get into a better position before she topped from his lunge, Alya took in a controlled breath before bucking her head and weight back, attempting a headbutt into his chest to push him off before moving into a hopefully more advantageous, offensive position.

I Lady Kiya I

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:36 pm
Roll 4: Miss
Total: 9

She managed to knock the wind out of him, which he hadn't had happen in a long time. He struggled to take a breath, and with that he swung a paw towards her in attempts to throw her off from attacking again. He didn't have much time to catch his breath. Not with how things were going. She was quicker on her feet that most others, and that was something that made fighting a little more fun. A challenge was what he needed and that was what he was getting for sure.

He gasped for air a few more times before assessing the situation that was before them. He had to think on his feet like she did, though he wasn't as good at that as she seemed to be. It was okay, she would make him more sharp without realizing it. Which was one reason he felt these helped him more than anything.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm
Roll 5: Hit
Total: 10

There was only a few moments she had to act. There was no time to excess dwelling on the situation. Alya acknowledged that he was an adept fighter and would be sure to regain his composure quickly. If she wanted any chance at the end of this, she couldn't give him the opportunity to pull himself together. Speed was key, here.

Luckily her last hit had left her in a position to go at it again. With little pause, the dark lioness lurched forward again. He was bigger than she was. She wouldn't doubt that he would have more raw strength, so when the soldier lunged forward she put the entirety of her weight as she aimed directly at him in an attempt to pin herself atop Chante. This was the last strike she could give. All or nothing, right here. A grin plastered onto her face as she moved, and she couldn't help but release an excited growl as she felt her lunge make contact.

I Lady Kiya I

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces