Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Look (Tevini + Polair + Cerpin) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

over our losses, towards our futures

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:39 pm
A few chords plucked to fill up the space with sound. Cerpin sat lazily on a couch in the lounge in the hive he shared with Tevini, glancing at a sheet of notes before strumming a few more chords. Music was soothing and after the events above ground a while ago, he'd needed to retreat home to his sanctuary. Tevini had been anxious to get back to safety and back to work and the rockstar was more than happy to get her out of that tower. While the bomb had been stopped, that didn't mean the terrorists weren't still lurking in the city waiting to set off more. Chittentown wasn't exactly known for it's excellent police force or hazard-free standard of living. Hell, they'd had to relocate down to these tunnels and storage rooms to evade all of the problems living on the surface posed.

But they were home now. And they were safe.

"When you finally find it you'll see how it's faded-" His voice carried through the large open space nicely and he continued singing to test the acoustics. He was working with a new amp and needed to check the settings. As long as he didn't repeat songs, Tevini didn't seem to go berserk at him. Cerpin could work with that condition right now since he wasn't practicing to learn but playing to experiment.

Where did they go from here, he wondered. He'd talked a big talk back at the tower but to be real... there was a lot to get done and no clear path through it all.

Doutei

ImaginationsParadise

Yamashii

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:51 pm
Polair was feeling nervous as she walked through the sandy dunes. Not because she went all the way to Chittentown but because she somehow managed to do so without Claud tagging along. Really, she was older now, she could handle herself on her own. The blind highblood breathed in and out, trying her best to calm herself down. It had been quite some time since she molded that precious sonic metal she'd found in Busthind into lovely, gold-coated cuffs. So she took this situation to test them out while she set out to find an old acquaintance.

Or a friend? Really Polair was unsure about her relationship with Cerpin but, they were going to be partners. "If he's still alive and well." She shrugged, hopefully he was still around. She was glad she didn't throw away his card, and more glad that her reading device could read off the text on it.

Determined to find the other purpleblood, it was time to do a test run. Echolocation was a way for her to walk around without using her cane and she was looking forward to that. Putting on her anklets and bracelets, plus putting away the other jewelry, Polair got ready to test them out. She took a deep breath and extended her arms forward. She could her the artifacts chime as soon as she threw echos at the scene before her. Polair braced herself as the echoes came back to her and gasped as a painful wave reverberated inside her body. Too much information traveled from her limbs to her spinal cord and up the her brain stem, but she could see... she could see the sound waves. She could see the sound particles shaped as objects. That cactus on her right, a tumbleweed waiting for the wind to take it away... a skyscraper of some sort far, far away. As much as she was pleased with the amount of information she received, Polair decided to take it slow for now. She didn't want to fry her thinkpan.

Breathing deeply, and repeating the address a few times, Polair tired once more-- one pulse should be enough. She extended her right arm and send out a small pulse which quickly came back and soon after, she picked up the pace. Somehow, she stumbled (literally stumbled) into a storage space below Chittentown and as she walked and her artifacts vibrated against her skin thanks to the echoes inside, she could faintly see the way she was taking without activating them. "Note to self, the metal appears to be highly sensitive to sound. Don't test them in busy cities yet."

The image was faint, but it was better than seeing nothing at all. Still, something weird was going on... While Polair pondered the way she should took, she heard some sounds which her bracelets picked up in no time. She saw the sounds waves traveling through the air, all coming from a specific direction. It was intriguing, very intriguing. Even more when she experienced synaesthesia, which blends others senses together. She could see colors within the melodic atoms, compactly surrounded by purple waves.

Polair's curiosity ate her bit by bit, making her follow the faint purple-colored path... Where would it take her? She didn't know, yet she'd would find out soon.

Yamashii
im so sorry

Doutei
i wanted to try out blind polair ehe SWEATS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 am
Seated at a large work table, the other occupant of the shared hive continued to work. Papers were spread across the surface, notes scribbled into every piece of white space. Regurgitating everything she'd learned at the Chittentown Research Center, Tevini was hard at work recording everything she could remember. It'd taken a little time but she was beginning to feel satisfied with what she'd gotten down. Perhaps now she could start figuring out how to make a smaller scale model of her current plans for the spaceship.

'What's that?' Cerpin's singing was beautiful, as always, but her ears picked up on an odd sound mixed in. Pausing her work, the girl glanced over to her roommate and saw him simply strumming his guitar. None of his movements matched the timing nor type of sound she was hearing. Odd...

"Cerpin, stop. Do you hear that?" Rising from her seat, the redblood began to feel anxious. Listening once more, she discerned that it sounded like metal. Which didn't normally just occur around here in the desert. That meant someone had to be outside. Had they finally been discovered? Scared, she snagged her nailgun off the table and peeked outside, wanting to make a quick assessment of their options, based on what was out there.

A seadweller? Her bilesack froze.

"What is a seadweller doing out here?"

Yamashii
sorry to make you post again, i really wanted to bring polair inside in my post but realized wait a minute, tevini would be terrified by a random seadweller hanging around outside

ImaginationsParadise
we'll get you inside soon, polair! <3

Doutei

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:16 am
"What is a seadweller doing out here?"

TWANG.

"WHAT?" Cerpin's entire posture jolted at those words. Tevini sure had a way of making everything sound as serious and dangerous as ******** possible. Shifting his guitar onto the couch, he rose to his feet and grabbed at his sword. If there really was a seadweller sniffing around outside, he knew it was his responsibility to deal with it. Tevini was his engineer, he could not allow her to get hurt. Rocket production kind of trumped anything he could do.

"Stand back." He nudged the redblood aside, making sure she was behind him. Tevini was not as fragile as she thought, in his opinion, but he'd found that putting himself between her and her perceived enemies helped with her anxieties. And for a dear friend that was conveniently doing all the accounting for his nightclub, he was more than happy to play bodyguard.

He was not prepared for who he saw outside through the crack in the doorway.

"Polair? You came!" It was the girl he'd met on the magical night of the meteor shower. He'd mentioned the encounter to Tevini before but the seadweller hadn't made an appearance down here until now. He wasn't sure what had held her up but it didn't matter. Finally his navigator and engineer would meet!

"Vee, this is the girl I was telling you about. Polair, meet Tevini Euruft. She's the one building our rocket!" He placed a hand on the highblood's back, guiding her inside. Loitering out in the tunnels was only asking for trouble in case someone overheard them. Nightclub business was okay to discuss out there but the future of the Rebellion's space program wasn't.

"You scared us with that clinking thing you were doing. We thought you were a drone or something!" He laughed, clearly relieved that they hadn't been discovered by a drone. Why he would be concerned about such a thing, he didn't talk about.

"I guess you're here to talk shop? Or did you want to see the club first?"

Doutei

ImaginationsParadise
They don't know about her blindness yet, I figured I'd give Polair the dignity to keep it hidden for a few posts since they wouldn't figure it out right away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 pm
The highblood had her guard up once the music stopped and the purple tinted "road" disappeared. She heard noises, which only made her grab her staff from her bag slowly. Be alert... Who knows what horrifying beast is hiding down here.

Though hearing her name, made her loosen her firm posture. Cerpin... It was really him. She sighed relieved, she had arrived to the right place. "It's nice to meet with you Tevini. And nice to... see you again Cerpin. It's been quite a while." Polair the metal chimed lowly as she tried to get a visual on them. The image was never clear, just two blobs in front of her. Maybe she needed to get accustomed and train harder. The teen however felt embarrassed for scaring them. With lightly colored cheeks and pressed lips, Polair reverenced at both trolls apologetically.

"I didn't mean to startle you both. I, uh suppose you have your reasons to be afraid of drones. Hope you are not involved in any illegal activities." Which would be bad for her. Claud would kill her if she was involved in any criminal stunts. "Or maybe debts, that happens I guess?"

Right, they needed to discuss things. No time to be embarrassed or awkward. "Affirmative. I'm here to talk business with you both-- space business to be more specific. You can show me around while we discuss things if you'd like. I'm not really picky however... I wish we could catch up. I'm glad you're well."

Yamashii
<3

Doutei
<3

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Doutei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:07 pm
"Oh, it's nice to meet you Polair." Tevini nodded her head in acknowledgement to the seadweller. She didn't feel bad about scaring Cerpin, since she had only been trying to keep them both safe, but hoped she hadn't offended the girl. Thankfully she seemed pretty understanding. At her mention of illegal activities, Tevini felt a little nervous but didn't say anything. Cerpin's beetle farm was tucked away safely, it'd been the first task when they'd moved here. Still, perhaps she ought to revisit their den and make sure it was more secure.

"Alright, over here is my workshop. Regrettably I lack the necessary parts to build a proper rocket just yet but I've been working on smaller scale models and plans." Tevini reached down to produce one of her latest creations and place it in Polair's hand for her to look over. She plucked a scroll of rolled up paper as well and began to unravel it for the seadweller to view.

"Cerpin tells me you're a scientist as well. I'd love for you to look this over and tell me what you think." The redblood requested. She was mostly confident in her design but was still mostly self taught. This seadweller had the beetles to access more information than her and might be able to notice something that she hadn't realized yet.

Yamashii

ImaginationsParadise
sorry for the wait!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:32 pm
Cerpin carefully avoided circling back to the drones topic. He didn't feel it was necessary to talk about that yet. Tevini showed Polair around the workshop and explained her work so far. The rockstar kind of just wandered around behind them, not heavily involved in this part of the project. He was the recruited, the money and the visionary. The way they got from point A to point B was less important to him.

"Yeah, so that's that. Vee's been working on this scrap of paper for months. What do you think of it?" He shifted out of the way to let Polair get a better look at it. The seadweller had always been a chatterbox on the subjects of science and stars so she was probably about to unleash another one of her speeches. He waited for it with amusement in his eyes. Maybe the two nerds had found their match in each other.

Doutei
Super short and late post sorry

ImaginationsParadise
Just trying to get through some of these old threads so we're up to date!

Yamashii

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:52 am
Oh glub.

"W-well!" She said rather embarrassed. "I'm aiming to become one." Polair did her best to act like she was admiring the model ship in her hands. She let her braces send out a few waves as her hands explored it. More or less she could determine the same, but its details? No. Which was the important factor here. Sure, the shape of the ship mattered, but it was the small things that would determine if they would survive the trip. Same thing happened with the scroll. Sure she could "see" where the paper was but... not its contents.

Not being able to see what was written and modeled pissed her off. Not being able to contribute pissed her off so much. The seadweller had to do something, anything. She had to talk.

"Uh." The purpleblood say dumbfounded. "I suggest, double checking your , um, work on the engine. Remember a ship has to have strong engine and there are many different methods to get it up into space. Each method has drawbacks and advantages, and spacecraft propulsion is an active area of research. Have you thought of the orbit it would take? A parabolic trajectory seem promising but we would need to check other variables to guarantee it's success. Spacecraft science do count with a series of short-term trajectory adjustments." That seemed believable right?

'Nevertheless, it looks good to me."

Yamashii
tagged!!!

Doutei
no worries!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 pm
"The engine?" Tevini frowned, stepping closer to look over the paper with her. It wasn't that she was upset over her work being critiqued but that she wasn't sure what flaw Polair had found. Curls brushed against Polair's arm as the redblood leaned to try and see what she might be referencing. She pulled out a second piece of paper and a pencil to place on the table.

"Could you be a little more specific? I'm not sure which part is concerning you." The engineer clarified, once she'd reviewed her design and still not determined a glaringly obvious mistake. It was possible there was one, she just wasn't seeing it. Tevini felt a little embarrassed because she was reliant on self-taught information and hadn't received any help from tutors the way a sea dweller might have. She had no idea what kind of education Polair had. Truthfully it made her a bit jealous even thinking about it, the way she'd been denied opportunities that both of these purplebloods had been handed. But now was not the time to sulk. She had to take advantage of that knowledge now that it was available to her through them.

"If you want, you can use this to sketch your recommendation." Tevini offered the pencil above the paper on the table.

Yamashii

ImaginationsParadise

Doutei

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:31 pm
Something wasn't right. Polair was being a lot quieter than he remembered or expected. The seadweller had chattered non-stop the last time he'd mentioned stars and space but she wasn't really sharing any opinions or facts this time. He watched the girls pour over the blueprint, Tevini's face lightly flushed with disappointment in herself that she wasn't meeting Polair's standards. Cerpin put a hand on her back to reassure and ground her while he let them talk for a while. Eventually, he'd had enough.

"Pol, how can you even see anything with your hair in your face?" Cerpin's bangs were falling into his face, sure, but he still had one eye completely uncovered. The seadweller couldn't possibly see anything with both blocked by her bangs. He snagged one of Tevini's bobbypins from a table and reached towards Polair with the intention of pinning her hair back.

Doutei

ImaginationsParadise
up to you if Cerpin pulls her bangs back enough for them to see something's wrong or Polair can always push him away too, either is fine with me!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm
Holey-moley... Polair breathed out as Tevini's curls brushed against her arm, keeping her act together and trying not to step back rather rudely. It seemed that the other girl was looking for the "flaw". But what flaw could a blind seadweller even see? She somehow had to keep it up. They couldn't know, they would simply ask her to leave as she'd only weigh them down... She'd only keep them away from going into space. "More specific?" She asked redundantly.

"Well. Uh." She was at loss with her words. Draw her suggestion? Tevini wanted her to DRAW her suggestion? Oh glub. "No, no, no... That won't be necessary. Maybe I'll look at it later and add my notes on the back." The purpleblood held her breath some trying to come up with a way to convince these two.

"I can see just fine. Believe it or not." She reassured rather sternly, fist and jaw clenched as she said this. "Actually, give me that pencil." Polair took it in her hand and stepped closer, drawing her magnificent model engine. Of course, it would've looked ten times better if she could see. "Like I said. I can see." She dropped the pencil on the desk (presumably) and crossed her arms.

"Maybe we should move on to something else--" Her sentence was cut short when she felt someone getting too close to her. That's when she lost whatever ounce of reason she had and replacing it with a cup full of anxiety. This was not supposed to happen, she had everything thought out!

"NO!" She yelled, pushing Cerpin away from her. No, no, no! No one could see the truth. "DON'T. TOUCH. ME." Polair felt a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety and fear. The seadweller felt like the room started spinning and felt very nauseous. Her whole body was shaking, she couldn’t catch her breath, and her heart was pounding out of her chest. She gripped on the desk, feeling cornered as she tried to get her s**t together.

What Polair didn't notice that he had manage to part her hair some with the pin, revealing her face a bit. "I-I'm fine. I..." She held her head trying to calm herself down. "I just have a headache..."

Doutei
hope

Yamashii
this is ok!

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 pm
"Um." Looking at the sketch Polair had made, Tevini was pretty stumped. She gave Cerpin a very uncertain look. This seadweller was quite pretty and wearing an outfit that showed off her body nicely. Had he told this girl to come in and claim to be an astronomer to try and invite along a girlfriend to their crew? She looked disapproving and skeptical of his judgment. A small part of her stung as she compared the two of them internally and saw the kind of troll Cerpin was interested in.

"Well, that's certainly an interesting design." The redblood began to respond before suddenly there was movement and Cerpin was halfway to the floor. What? Confused, Tevini glanced over at Polair in fear and began to feel for the closest weapon she could grab if need be. Quietly she watched to see the seadweller's next move and realized she was having a panic attack. Tevini frowned and released her grip.

"Polair. What happened to your eyes?" Barely visible with her hair parted, finally Polair's secret was revealed. Tevini got the feeling this was a new development, Cerpin was stupid but he would've noticed something like this and mentioned it to her if he'd known. Her bilesack tensed in anticipation of a lie and she decided to go ahead and play her part. Cerpin could comfort her, as her contact from before, but Tevini would play the villain in order to get some answers.

"You need to be honest with us so we know what we're working with. I can't help you if I don't know what you need." Her voice was stern and steady, trying to not sound insensitive but not backing down. Perhaps telling Polair what to do would help her feel less out of control and like she could fall back onto someone else's words until she felt calmer. It usually worked for Tevini when Cerpin did it for her.

Yamashii
move in, captain comfort!

ImaginationsParadise
poor polair! let us help youuu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm
"You're blind." He said the words bluntly, grabbing the seadweller's wrists so she could not flee. He'd fallen for that trick enough times from Tevini that it had become a conditioned response. Cerpin glanced at the redblood with a shared uncertain look. He hadn't expected this at all. It certainly made things harder for them. It would be better for their project to cut her loose at this point.

Just like it would've been better for Tevini to leave him out in the caverns as the rebels and the royalists clashed together. Better for Forera to kick him around to prove her loyalty to the Initiative instead of arguing with Aerona. Better for Mahmud to turn him into the drones patrolling around the skyscraper he called home.

They had not. He would not.

"Who did this to you? How did this happen?" He cupped the side of Polair's cheek gently, moving her chin so he could get a better look at the damage. It had to have been extremely painful. It seemed incredibly unlikely for someone to attack a seadweller but he supposed it wasn't completely unheard of.

"Don't hide things like this again. We're a team. We help each other." He looked at Tevini again, making his stance on the matter clear. He knew she was having doubts about this with the unveiling of this new development.

"You didn't tell us because you were scared you couldn't trust us not to throw you out." He cleared his throat. "That's never going to happen. We committed to this and to each other." The words were easier said than done in all honesty.

Cerpin had never shied away from a challenge.

Doutei

ImaginationsParadise

Yamashii

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:20 pm
DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Both Tevini's question and Cerpin's statement made her more nervous. Polair couldn't stop shaking, hyperventilating as she found herself cornered in this situation. The seadweller struggled to get away, to hide her shameful face and tried to deny the fact that she was blind. But the other purpleblood had a strong grip on her, and in this state, Polair found herself drained. "NOTHING'S WRONG WITH ME. NOTHING." She cried out, trying to avoid having her face examined.

Not blind, I'm not blind. There's nothing wrong. She mentally repeatedly. The lack of sleep, the amount of responsibilities she had put on herself to stop thinking about her condition... Isolating herself for a while because she thought a certain someone couldn't see her due to being blind, the constant lies-- all that washed over her. Memories of the space race resurfaced. How it was her the cause of her blindness. She could remember it crystal clear. The chemical leak warning blaring in the Civisect science dome, her obsessive need to help out, to prove that she was the smartest troll despite her age back then, her need to know what was the function of the button she pressed... The pressure hidden inside the pipelines that forced some of the leaks through the cracks the lasers, which she activated, made. How the dense substance fell on her, leaving first degree burns on her skin.

How it destroyed her optical tissues...

"It was me..." She said in a quiet tone. "I did this to myself." The highblood choked out. She was the cause of it all. It was Polair's fault, the was no way around it. "I-I... I got exposed to chemicals d-during the space race and..."

With shoulders slumped Polair stopped resisting, her lower lip quivered as tears rolled down her her cheeks as she could still remember the sting. It was true, she was worried she'd get rejected by the pair. She was a burden, she'd keep them away from their common goal. She nodded solemnly, body still shaking a bit as she kept trying to hide her exposed face. It was nice to hear she wouldn't get kicked out but still felt responsible for slowing down their project.

"I'm so s-sorry... " Polair breathed in, trying to put her thoughts together. "I have wasted your time with this... I'm sorry for lying..." It was just too much for her.

Y4mashii

Doute1

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas