azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:48 am
The bloody thing had kept a schedule; a calendar in fact. One that once he was back in Ashdown pinged with notifications about work and other things. Other things included meeting America in other ashdown for something that had been marked down as glyphs.

He only had a vague idea of what that could be about and certainly assumed that it was related to something America had learned and mentioned to the fetch. Not that he was not not going to meet her. Jeremiah absolutely was.

Mostly because he needed to know that she had been safe. That she had not run afoul the thing that had worn his skin because others had (and at least one he could not face). Jeremiah found his way to other ashdown, along with the items that had been listed on his calendar, and headed towards the spot they were supposed to meet up.

At least it wasn't raining here anymore.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 pm
America was waiting at the little park bench, talking over the change in weather with her bluejay. He liked that his calls stretched further and further across the air, he didn't like the things that sometimes rose up to the challenge though. He didn't like the things that no longer had to shelter from storms. Self preservation meant he never got a good enough look as to what they were, with or without America gazing through his eyes.

Seeing Jer, the girl's expression brightened and soon she was hopping up to give him a big hug in greeting. She also got right down to business. "Did you bring what I told you?"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:54 pm
Jeremiah smiled at her, something genuine and soft, and wrapped his arms around her briefly in a hug and a squeeze. "I did but first-"

He took a step back, glowing eyes looking her over and then up towards where he thought Mister Bitterberry was before down once more. "I'm glad to see you're alright."

Which actually overrode what he was going to say. Jeremiah was genuinely happy that America had been spared anything truly horrible with the fetch.

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 pm
America tilted her head back to look up at him, her eyes wrinkling up in a laugh. "Of course I am! I ********' love weird as weather and ocean jello. It'll take more than that to put me off my glorious ********' existence."

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:22 pm
Jeremiah sighed then, pressing his hand to his face briefly. "The phone calls are ridiculous; you have no idea." It was enough to make him think that the fetch had somehow known it was going to lose and, out of spite, made sure he would have this job while the boundary between one place and the other was falling apart.

"However, I meant after seeing me last." His expression was a little more somber here. "What you spoke with wasn't me."

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:40 pm
"Okay..." America's voice trailed off into and unhappy huff of laughter, "I guess maybe it takes exactly that much to put me off my game. What the hell does that mean, you were so...you..."

There was only one thing she knew of that could that sort of thing and so she ventured, voice going small, "Was it a....were you kidnapped too?"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:54 pm
"In a manner," he replied, shifting on his feet. Jeremiah gave America another small smile regardless, a hand going to her shoulder and squeezing before it simply went around them and held.

"It isn't always a kidnapping."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:01 pm
The girl goes quiet, letting the words sink in even as she took comfort from the contact. Finally, she asked, "I don't know what that means. If you weren't taken and hurt, I'm glad but what does that mean?"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:05 pm
The hand slid and he put his arm around her shoulders, Jeremiah keeping her close a moment because it looks like she needed it.

"It isn't that I wasn't hurt but I was given an offer that would see me be able to do more to help. The full scope of it I did not necessarily realize until after the fact." Not that he regretted it but he had leapt once more before looking.

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:12 pm
"Did you get wings, too?"

She didn't sound happy for him at all, but neither did she more away, instead dropping her forehead to his shoulder.

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:31 pm
"No, no wings. The only thing like that for me is the ice on my spine and that happened months ago." Jeremiah just kept his arm around her, his other hand coming up to rest in her hair. It was meant to be a soothing gesture.

"I'm not quite sure the full extent of what has changed but I know I can no longer be burned. Fire doesn't hurt me at all." His hand slipped and tucked briefly under her chin to tilt her head upwards softly and gently.

"I look alright, don't I? ... and I'll answer whatever questions you have." She was then given a small smooch to her forehead, pulling back to give her a smile. "Besides, you're supposed to be showing me something and, quite frankly, I'm ready to see you show off."

lizbot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:33 pm
America had a habit of seeming assured and in control of herself to give a certain impression of someone older. Someone who had their s**t together. But sometimes it was very plainly clear she was a teenager and a little bit, maybe a even a whole lot, lost in the adult world she found herself in. This was one of those times and it made sense because she felt young and small and confused about both the world she found herself in and her own feelings concerning the past few minutes.

"You look great," she finally answered, voice uncharacteristically small. She tried to laugh but it came out in a weak little huff from the throat. "I should make a ********' list of questions."

A pause and then she stepped back from Jer, getting a good look at him and trying to think of safety as she reached for the pendant. A sudden realization had her faltering, "I ate his food."

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:08 pm
"Make a list," he told her, his hand still resting against her hair. Jeremiah was absolutely doing his best to be reassuring, to let her know it was alright.

"I'll answer every one to the best of my abilities. I promise." Promises were not things he made lightly either and were actively things he avoided if he could.

He was still giving her a reassuring smile when she stepped back to look at him. Aside from looking a touch thinner, Jeremiah did look better. There was a quiet strength that seemed to have been reinforced and the overall way he carried himself was that much more obvious.

This was a man who knew himself and the path he walked.

... who then also sighed.

"That," he said in his own sullen tone, "is probably the most awful thing he did." It really was.

"I do have that book you gave me," the one that had been given to the fetch but was now in Jeremiah's hands, "and I'll just make your absolute favorite dish. Besides," he continued on, "you're going to show me something, aren't you?" It would be something that was shared between the two of them and, in all honesty, would help.

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:48 pm
She took it as both apology and forgiveness, shelving the feeling away a quieter moment, when there wasn't business and purpose on the table. Taking a deep breath, America nodded, "Yeah...let me just..."

Wrapping her hand around the pendant she thought of safety, of the little havens hidden in small, dark corners. The dappled shadows of the barren trees seemed to shift a bit and then here was just those shadows. No America.

And then she was there again, exhaling and trying to find the proud, preening smile she had when she got to show off.

"It doesn't work as well back home, but it'll help a person hide a bit even so."

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:53 pm
Jeremiah nodded, still giving her a reassuring smile that everything would be fine, even as he watched her step away and grip the pendant in her hand. The moment she disappeared in shadows, his gaze sharpened.

Glowing eyes glowed brighter as he tried to pinpoint where she was in the shadows but she was entirely hidden within it. Not even his eyes that saw through some magics were able to see her.

When she reappeared his smile was no longer reassuring but thrilled. "That is brilliant, America, and certainly helpful to give you a place to hide in a pinch." It was certainly a kind of magic he had not seen before or even considered. "... and how'd you learn this?" Never mind it was probably why he had the things with him that he did.

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces