[Duel] Like no one Ever Was [Urit'alya x Chante-peta]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:17 pm
User Image Some mornings Urit'alya found herself in the training grounds without even really thinking about it. She would wake, leave the barracks, and find herself there without much memory of the steps she took to get there, let alone the reason why she had made the decision in the first place. When she thought about it, she attributed it all to routine. It was the place she knew best. The place where she felt the most at ease.

It crossed her mind once or twice that perhaps this was getting a little bit too routine. That maybe she should mix it up a little bit. She thought a few times that maybe it was time for her to start a family. Alya had spent a good while training herself, maybe she'd have some interest in rearing her own kids. Or something. The more she thought about it the more she realized that she had no strong inclinations to do so. Besides, she hadn't really met any lions who she fancied enough to, you know. Do their own part.

Besides, there was still much for her to do herself on the battlefield. Battles to fight. Tactics to learn. So she'd keep focusing on herself, she decided. Keep focusing on her work.

It was with this conclusion that she moved through the training grounds, determined to start the day with a worthy duel. Instead of wandering in search of a partner she moved directly, finding a lion who seemed unoccupied. "Good morning," she called, her voice rumbling but not particularly aggressive. A little smile played on her face--the prospects of a duel always excited her at least a little bit. The light was still low an she spoke at a distance, moving towards the other individual without yet identifying who it was. "Do you fancy yourself a challenger to start the day?"

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:29 pm
User Image

Chante-peta felt that he needed more practice under his paws. Having found himself in the training grounds for the good portion of the morning. He couldn't sleep, and ended up here earlier than normal. It was a good place he could come to and get his frustrations out on random things. Of course, he never found someone to test his strength with most the time. He found himself wondering how good he had grown in his training. He was ready to step it up a notch. Maybe even become more than just a regular soldier of sorts.

In all honesty, he wanted to make his father proud. And his mother, but more so his father. To prove he could become great in this line of work. Kids were the last thing on his mind. With that, he heard a voice behind him. Turning to see who it was, it was another soldier, someone who he had seen a few times here as well.

"If you're ready for a good challenge." he said. Not really sure if it was 100% true, but he'd give her everything he had. He was ready for anything that would show him where he needed to improve his work. "I need a bit of a work out." he said with a smirk to her. Perhaps this morning would become better than he had expected. Nothing said a good morning, like a nice duel.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:37 pm
Roll: Bide
Total: 2

Alya had known a few things about familial expectations. Azula had been... rough around the edges, to put things gently. When she was younger most of the things she had done were in the name of her mother. For the sake of living up to high expectations. It took her a long while to grow out of that phase. For the lioness to train and do battle for her own sake instead of anyone else's.

As the other lion responded--a soldier, she recognized--she smiled. "I am if you are," she responded, stepping away and getting ready. Her body tensed and she prepared herself for him to make a move, biding her time and being patient. There had been fights in the past when, in her youthful excitement, she charged into battle without thinking first. Those times, she had come to recognized, rarely worked out.

I Lady Kiya I

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm
Roll: Bide
Total: 2

Chante-peta nodded to her watching her movements as the battle started. He had been ready for this! Of course, he didn't want to take the first move. It was the waiting game, it seemed. She paused, so he did. Both, it seemed, waiting for the other to move. Perhaps it was because he wasn't fully sure how to start his attack. There were many ways to do this, and he didn't want to mess up.

Of course, if he did, it was something he'd end up learning from. He wasn't sure how fast the lioness was, nor did he know her power. They were all things he needed to take into consideration at this moment. He debated on making his move, but he wanted to see how things would roll first.

A cocky grin crossed his face as he got into a defensive stance.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:05 pm
Roll 2: Hit
Total: 5

So he was taking the defensive as well. Alya felt her jaw set and she paused only a moment longer before lunging forward. They would get nowhere just standing around, after all. She liked to spend time studying her opponent, but if she spent much more time standing around she would give him the opportunity to make moves and, at this point, the lioness didn't feel as thought she could afford herself a lost opportunity.

Her claws were out, but she didn't aim to do too much damage. Sand moved beneath her and she moved past him to aim a lunge at his hind leg. The brunt of her strength was behind the strike as she attempted to push the lion over into a position she could take more advantage of. As she felt her strike make contact, she continued to push through.

I Lady Kiya I

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:14 pm
Roll 2: Miss
Total: 3

Chante-peta wasn't sure what to expect from her and before he could react to her movements, she was moving towards his hind leg. His stance was ready for an attack, but not the one that he ended up getting. He swung at her to attempt to stop her from whatever she had intended, but his back legs collapsed from her attack with him in mid swing. Which left him to do what he really didn't want to do. The rest of his body followed to the ground, and his attack had missed.

Well, if he was trying to impress anyone, it wasn't going as good as it could have. He felt like he was fumbling around like a cub that didn't know what he was suppose to be doing. It was unacceptable. Now he was in more of a vulnerable position.

He had to scramble to get up, and fast!.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:28 pm
Roll 3: Miss
Total: 6

Alya had successfully knocked him down: she had him right where she wanted him. The lioness attempted to slam a heavy paw into his chest, but found only sand when she struck. Don't get too cocky,, she told herself. She had the advantage right now, but if she didn't play it right, that advantage could quickly be lost.

Her opponent had moved out of the way of her strike, but she couldn't let him get back up and get his act together. The lioness moved to follow him as he got out of the way of her attack, attempting to anticipate his next move and prepare herself for a follow-up.

I Lady Kiya I

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:36 pm
Roll 3: Hit
Total: 6

He had managed to pull away from her, and heard the thud on the sand where he had been. That would have sucked. Now that he knew how she played, he decided that it was time to get his act in to gear. Now on his feet, but not fully up after rolling away from her, he decided to take his move.

He figured she was slightly confused on the contact not being him, with that, he leaped at her, not really sure where he was going to hit, but he was hoping it was enough force to put her in the same situation she put him in. A tackle of sorts, he was aiming for, his lunge going straight for her side.

His claws weren't extended, however, he wasn't looking to do any damage, but to take her out to give him the upper hand. Once he had that, he knew he could win this fight. A smirk crossed his face again. He still had a good chance at this! He might actually win!. Unlike his dueling partner, he was starting to get quiet cocky at his dumb luck.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:44 pm
Roll 4: Bide/Glancing Attack
Total: 8

Well s**t.

The lion had managed to get away from her and had made a move of his own. A similar one, she noted as she was knocked to the ground. Alya hit the sand and her breath left her chest in an "oof." In retrospect she should have kept herself open to the possibility the he could have utilized a similar attack.

The soldier snarled as she found herself in the position that she had been on the other side of only moments before. Well this wasn't good.

She had to get out of this, she realized. She had to get out of this quickly. Alya swiped a paw upwards. Her claws were sheathed and she aimed towards his head in an attempt to get him to move so she could get back up. Her swipe only found air, though, as she struggled to get a hold of her situation.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:50 pm
Roll 4: Bide
Total: 8

They hit the ground, probably harder than he had intended, but that was part of the duel! He almost felt bad for knocking the wind out of her, then again it was giving him all the advantage. She swung at him to attempt to get out of the situation that presented itself, with that he moved his head away from her swing. Him still over the top of her after his tackle.

He wasn't really expecting it, but he had barely gotten out of reach of it. He almost felt like there was not much of a challenge here for the moment. Though he was probably underestimating her more than he should. He was winning, in his eyes, and that made him pause for a moment. He was giving her a chance to change the situation without actually realizing it.

He smacked his paw upon the ground next to her, as an attempt to intimidate her in a way. Though, in truth, he was probably aiming to hit her, but missed completely. He wouldn't, however, fully admit that was the case. His pause gave her a possible advantage, which he finally realized too late and tensed up for an attack that was sure to come.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:57 pm
Roll 5: Miss
Total: 9

It took everything in her not to flinch away as the large paw smacked the sand beside her. Alya stared at him, mouth turned into a snarl. She didn't like the situation, and she had to change it as quickly as possible.

The lioness moved to the side--a motion more resembling a wriggling child than she would have liked--before attempting to strike once more at him in an attempt to make distance and get away.

As her strike missed she swore under her breath. Instead, she attempted to prepare herself for the strike she was sure would come.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:04 pm
Roll 5: Bide
Total: 10

Instead of an attack coming, Chante-peta lifed up a leg and let her wiggle free. He felt he had shown enough, and had learned where he needed to improve. Though he'd had liked a better win, but he felt like he was the one that came out on top. He gave her a grin as he backed up a little to give her a little space. She didn't seem too pleased with how this ended.

Of course, he would have to challenge her again. But for now, he felt that it was enough. "Not too bad." he said finally. Dust settling from the sand around them both. "You gave me a run for my tail." he said. In all honestly, it was true. There was a moment there that he thought he was going to lose. He managed to get out of a sticky situation. Perhaps there was hope for him yet.

Well, of course there was.. There was no doubt in his mind. He gave her a smirk. "I intend to challenge you again, and I expect we both will improve next time." While it was a close duel, he felt that he won no paws down. He wanted a bit more of a fight, however. He expected her to deliver it.

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:17 pm
Alya snorted, her tail twitching behind her. Still, a smile remained on her face. "A good fight, but I know when I am defeated." She stood back up, straightening herself and looking him in the eye. "Glad to say I've fought a worthy opponent this morning." She rolled her shoulders in a stretch, feeling over where parts of her body would surely be sore.

"My name is Urit'alya, by the way," she called to him, "and I expect a rematch in the future." One where the odds will be more in my favor and I show you what I'm capable of, she added internally. Damned if she was going to walk away from a defeat without the intention of making up for it in the future.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:22 pm
It was settled then, they would have a rematch. And he would win again, of course, but that didn't stop him from wanting to test out new moves, and possibly beating her more than he had today. "Chante-peta" He said in return for her name. Not that he would remember it, he was sure. Maybe he would. She put quite the impression him after this.

He sat down, however, and decided he'd wait for her to leave before moving out on his own.

oo DeD

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out