[fin] got some magic dust? [America/shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:09 am
Shun could almost swear that his Other Ashdown visits were becoming more frequent. He wasn't sure if it was because the lines between the worlds were blurring, or if it was some other factor. Whatever the case may be, Shun was here yet again.

He stared out over the gloomy urban setting. At least he was already hooded from the fact that regular Ashdown had been raining nonstop. He furrowed his brow, looking down at some of the shadows that had been cast upon the ground. With a tilt of his head, he wondered if there was something more he could do with them. Well that was a bit of a stupid question, considering where he was. But he had already learned how to hide small things within the shadows. Maybe there was a way to try and control them in other ways. He just needed to figure out what he wanted to try and do with them. That was always the tricky part with magic. He needed to know exactly what it was he wanted to attempt. It was easier to deal with when it was just augmenting his normal physical abilities, to do things he normally would not be capable of. Creating things... took a bit more thought. Shadows were everywhere on this side, so it seemed like a good resource to tap into, in any case.

It was something he'd need to think about. It was probably easier to figure out than other things, anyway. For now, he just sort of tilted his head and held his hand over the ground, palm faced down. After a moment or so of focus, a few dark tendrils rose up from the shadowy ground. They were only about an inch tall. Not much, but it was a start. If nothing else, it was a nice little distraction from other things that had been looming over him as of late.

Leizbot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:49 am
There was a fierce bird's cry overhead and then a flash of blue feathers passing by, then turning to land in front of Shun. A familiar bluejay stared up at him, its eyes the same hazel as one America Jones.

Cocking its head, the bird watched for a moment and then hopped forward, trying to peck at the shadowy tendrils.

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 pm
At the sound of the bird, Shun turned sharply, just in time to see a blur of blue zip past him. It wasn't a seagull at least, but he was still a little wary. At least, until he could see that this was a rather familiar bluebird before him. With a tilt of his head, he watched the little one peck at the tiny tendrils of shadow.

"Those are not worms, unfortunately," he commented, letting his hand drop. When he did this, the shadows went back to normal, flat on the ground. The sergeant began to look around. If Bitterberry was here, America was probably somewhere nearby.

lizbot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:12 pm
It takes awhile, and when America arrived, she was running. By the time she reaches them she's out of breath but still trying to laugh a hello at Shun. Exhaling loudly, she finally manages a friendly slap to Shun's shoulder.

"Was...across town. Hi!" Another huff of air. "Wouldn't mind Jer's twinkly travel thing, gotta say."

Mr. Bitterberry pecked briefly at Shun's shoe before flying up to her shoulder.

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:07 pm
Shun heard her coming, especially since she hadn't been all that quiet about her approach, but he didn't turn around until he felt that slap upon his shoulder. Straightening up, he just gave her a bit of a flat look.

"With enough practice, you could probably figure out some sort of quick transportation. At least while we are on this side of the veil," he stated. He was going to need to figure out how to do that, himself. It might take while to get down.

Straightening up, he placed his hands into his pockets.

"What were you doing on the other side of town?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:15 pm
"Maybe I will," America mused, though it felt a bit like cheating. Things gotta have a cost, afterall. She figured even magic stuff had to work like that, even if you couldn't science out where the cost came from. It's why she liked the glyph work. Clear costs were built in and they were the kind she didn't mind paying.

"Doing a bit of a survey, getting used to his eyes for those sorts of things," the girl explained. "Not just seeing but getting through the differences to really pick out what I want to know from it, 'stead of just, y'know, bird priorities."

The bluejay puffed up a bit at that.

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:27 pm
Shun glanced back down at Mr. Bitterberry, "I take it you can utilize him better on this side than in regular Ashdown, then?"

It made sense, given the magical nature of this place. The moonwalkers could do true shapeshifting here, and he recalled her telling him that doing it too much gave her headaches normally.

"Last we met, you mentioned you could teach me how to create something over here."

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:55 pm
"Yeah, I still get headaches n'such over there. Here? It's like opening and using my own eyes." It felt like this was how it was supposed to be, how it was always meant to be.

"Sure did!" America grinned and asked, "Did you do your homework?"

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:03 pm
Shun had to wonder what that was like. He was a bit curious about how it worked. Was she able to see normally while she looked through her bird's eyes as well? Or was she forced to remain in place basically while her familiar ran around.

He gave her a look at the mention of homework.

"I did not realize this was an assignment. But yes. It was not easy picking something out. I do not really have possessions of sentimental value. I do have an old jade pendant lying around, however."

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:48 pm
"Must be special," she drawled, "for an unsentimental guy like you to keep it about."

Patting her bag, America went on, "I've got stuff to write it all nice, so all we got left is the magic dust. You'll find it on this side, from animals and plants n'such. The thing is, it's gotta have meaning. Find dust that has meaning. In this case, find the sort that might mean protection or shelter or hiding."

Reaching into the satchel, she brought out an empty little spice jar and handed it to Shun. "Once you've got some that seems likely, we'll get started."

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:04 pm
Shun merely gave a shrug at that, not explaining why he had the pendant or anything like that.

"When you say write... do you mean we have to write down actual words? And if so... if I write something down incorrectly, is it going to blow up in my face?"

It was a very serious question.

As far as the dust issue went... it was a strange thing to think about in the least. Protective dust. So... like from a shield? There weren't any shields around here. Wait.

After his mind crossed that thought, he reached into his coat and pulled out his police badge. His shield.

"Like this?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:43 pm
With a laugh, America reassured him, "Naw. Just one symbol."

But then she was shaking her head, "Not unless you got that from this side. The magic's over here, even if the weather's passed sides."

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:05 pm
"Well good."

Shun didn't want to mess things up with written spell stuff just because he had a tendency to mix up letters and the like.

With a nod, he put the badge away, then paused.

"Well, the badge might not work, but maybe the police department building would have something we can use."

To serve and protect. It seemed fitting anyway.

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:19 pm
"Probably be a good place to do the thing, too," America agreed, already shouldering her bag and moving in that direction. "Look for spaces there that maybe has an animal or plant cozy in it."

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:38 pm
Shun began to walk off in that direction as well. While they walked, he tried to think of where he might have seen a plant or whatever within the building. At least on this side. In regular Ashdown, there were a number of potted plants here and there. It was just a matter of trying to find something like that (or a weed maybe) that was lingering around the building.

"Would ivy growing on the side of the building count for that?"

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas