[prp] a new friend [chris & thorne & wis] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:21 pm
Chris usually enjoyed the rain - a boon for him, considering Other Ashdown was always rainy and Ashdown itself got a good amount - but it lately had been making him restless. He wanted things to do, places to go, and so he decided that he was going to make a visit to Wis.

What he also decided to do though, was take Thorne with him to her. He wanted them to meet, since he liked Wis a lot and he liked Thorne a lot. It made sense to combine them.

So with a little bribery (read: vague threats), some planning and preparation, and getting Thorne to find a way in, Chris was soon leading Thorne though Other Ashdown. His hand was grasping Thorne's loosely to lead him to the garden, letting his mind wander in the way he did when he needed it to. It seemed this time he had luck, since the ivy gates rose before them quickly.

"Here it is," He said, smiling. "Are you ready to meet who gave me the pot?"

elkbones

[wc: 173]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:41 pm
Thorne hadn't minded when Chris had asked him to find an entrance to Other Ashdown. The vague threats had only been issued because there was some fun in it, some fun in the push and pull of their relationship that never came to a head. Eventually though, Thorne allowed Chris his win and pulled on one of his worn leather jackets, following the other into the crisp autumn air and closing his eyes.

From far away, Other Ashdown was nothing but a soft hum of sound, like the buzz of electricity or a bee somewhere in the distance. But the closer he got, the louder it became, like a hymnal or a sonnet, a promise for something other.

His hand burned in Chris's as he was led to the Garden, allowing the blond to navigate their way once through. It felt fitting to switch the role of guide between them, felt right.

Thorne's breath fogged the air as he looked up at the ivy gates, back over at Chris.

"I'd be honored," he said, "Do you - think she'll like me?"

He wanted to make a good impression on those that were important to Chris. He wasn't nervous, not exactly. Only - wanting.

( total word count: 364 203/161 )

PeanutButterPiess

moonjavas

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:34 pm
Chris looked over to Thorne, smile softening to something fond, something kind. If someone else was looking on, they'd probably call it lovesick, but it was just them in Other Ashdown at the moment and so there was no one to call them out on it.

"Honestly?" He said, smiling, "I think she'll love you. If she likes me, she'll definitely love you."

There was a pause and then he nudged Thorne gently. "Everyone loves you."

He adjusted his hand, moved it so his fingers were intertwined with Thorne's and then carefully ghosted his fingers across the gate. It swung open perfectly, easily, like it had before and Chris stepped in.

"Wis?" He called out, relishing in the warm air. He knew that the wind would probably bring the news and he stepped along the path, trying to retrace his steps. There would be a guide soon.

elkbones

azuredreams

[wc: 145]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:23 am
The moment that her name was called, there was a rush of warm air. It danced upon Chris's skin before it seemed to skirt around Thorne as if it was trying to gauge him. Before long it stopped, apparently Thorne was judged to be okay, and it was once more guiding Chris to the deeper part of the garden where the wisteria grew.

She was not immediately visible, she never was, but after a moment there was a small hand that formed from the wood and turned to a light earthy skintone. It curled against the bark, Wis peeking around the curve of the trunk not unlike when he had found her the first time. Her eyes, as always, looked through them both.

The wind blew around them both now, felt like a touch of fingers to both of their cheeks, and her voice was heard. You came back with a friend ...

PeanutButterpies

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:39 pm
Thorne hummed gently, his eyes flicking to Chris. There was a warm sort of consideration there, above the bundle of nerves inside of him, the jitter in his step. Meeting strangers was fine - but here, he wanted to actually make a good impression. Wanted to be good, wanted to be thought of as good by the people Chris cared about.

"I hope so," Thorne replied, warmth beading at the back of his neck as the Garden opened up before them. His head tilted as Wis appeared, her small form peeking around the curve of the trunk of one of the trees.

Thorne fluttered on the edge of words, wondering what to say, wanting to follow Chris's lead. He tilted his head and looked to Chris, to Wis. Slowly, gently, he crouched in front of the Wisteria spirit, his mouth curved into a gentle smile.

"Is it alright?" he asked, "I wanted to meet the friend Chris spoke so highly of."

PeanutButterPies

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:30 pm
It was easy to lead Thorne to the tree, the breeze the guide as they stepped into that quiet nook of the garden. Everything looked like it had before and Chris paid more attention to the path this time, trying to commit every detail that he possibly could to mind. If there ever was a day he wouldn't have the wind's guidance, he wanted to make sure that he could come here. Could see if he could help Wis, do something, anything.

He hoped it wouldn't happen.

His mouth curled into a smile as they appeared at the tree, ducking under and seeing Wis' form appear. She was lovely as always and he couldn't help but feel fond, happy.

"Yes," Chris replied, looking over at Thorne. "This is Thorne," He said by way of introduction. He'd let them talk first.

elkbones

azuredreams

[wc: 140]

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 pm
It is alright. The wind that blew was shy almost as it blew across Thorne's skin. A faint purple spread across her cheeks at the compliment, blind eyes blinking and her head ducking down.

She was smiling still, however, and when Chris spoke again her head raised towards him. If you are a friend to Chris then you are a friend to me, Thorne. Though she seemed to be looking at something that neither could see, odd mismatched purple eyes going back and forth between them before settling on something.

I didn't expect you back so soon or with someone. A pause. Are the little ones doing well?

elkbones

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Thorne looked up at Chris, a soft smile crossing his face at the sight of the other among the flowers, the garden path, illuminated in this strange light. He was reverent, if only because Chris was worthy of this place. Worthy of the world, if he wanted it in the palm of his hands.

His eyes fell to Wis, though he quickly realized that she could not see him - or rather, experienced something else entirely when looking through his body.

"I'm glad," Thorne said, his voice soft and warm, "I've wanted to meet you for awhile now, to say thank you for the things you gave Chris." The cradle, yes, but company also. A friend.

azuredreams

PeanutButterPies

moonjavas

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:29 pm
"They are," Chris replied, settling down on the ground and taking no mind of her gaze. He was used to it, having been subject to it before, and knew that she had a decent enough idea of where Chris was that it didn't bother her. He patted the ground next to him, an invitation to Thorne to sit as well. It was dry and wouldn't leave anything on his pants, except maybe some dirt.

He was glad she liked him, that they were getting along. He was only a little nervous, but Wis was kind and friendly.

"Thank you again for the pot, although I do have a question," Chris said. "I um. I'm able to summon plant spirits, recently and well. Do you know how to get some of the other plants to trust me? I've only been able to summon one, an ivy spirit. The rest, well.."

He didn't want to admit that he'd been cussed out before, when he had asked. It was an usual experience.

elkbones

azuredreams

[wc: 168]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:13 pm
Her feet were, as ever, daintily tucked to her side. Towards her feet it was obvious where they were once more turning to bark, a purple glow coming and going every so often as if it was her steady breathing. Wis's hands rested in her lap, head turning as they sat down, and her eyes focused on a point between them but not either one of them.

He deserved it, she told Thorne, and it will aide him in taking care of little ones. Wis's head tilted, braid falling over her shoulder, and she plucked at the of her dress briefly.

Each one if different and you have to coax them. She smiled at him. You remember talking with the ones here, don't you? Sometimes it's as easy as that, other times they need something from you. The little ones can be very greedy.

PeanutButterpies

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:27 pm
Thorne settles beside Chris, leans his shoulder against him gently, a point of contact between them. There has always been an inherent physicality to their relationship. A quiet bond made between reaching fingers and searching hands that needed no words, that could connect them across hours of silence, comfortable and together.

It is something Thorne would never wish to give away.

He glances at the two around him, the tree spirit and the gardener himself.

"Are you planning on adopting another one?" He teases Chris gently, but the truth is he loves Heddy and wouldn't mind at all meeting more plant spirits if Chris roused and kindled enough friendship with them.

"All the same," he murmurs back to Wis, "I'm glad he has you."

He glances back at Chris and cannot help a small laugh in his throat.

"I'm sure you'll be able to charm them with time," he says mildly, "Like you've charmed me."

azuredreams

PeanutButterPies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:46 pm
He hummed at Thorne leaning against him, enjoying the touch and feel against him. This was something he could always count on, Thorne as a constant source of contact. Grounding, comforting, a gentle reminder he was there without words.

"Maybe," Chris replied immediately, his own smile on his face. He loved Wis enough to want to adopt her, but her place was here. "Would you object?"

He hummed softly, only laughing a little at Thorne. "Ah yes, the great charm that I hold. Of course I'll use that." He paused though, giving it consideration. "I'll see how that goes then. Heddy was really unhelpful when I asked, so I wanted to ask you. But also, I wanted to know how you were doing."

elkbones

azuredreams

[wc: 122]

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:50 pm
Wis was still looking between the two of them every so often, seeing something only she could see. Her head tilted to the side and then she blinked because-

Oh, she clearly had been lost in what she saw, no. A faint purple dusted her cheeks; a rather obvious blush. You would ... consider me to be family? The wind that blew, that carried her voice had grown quiet as she had become at the question.

She was giving them both a small smile a moment later. Just be careful, please ... There are plant spirits who do not mean well, just as there are those of your kind who do not mean well. You are favored amongst us but that doesn't make you safe. Wis turned her mismatched purple eyes towards Thorne. Would you keep him safe?

PeanutButterpies

elkbones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:19 pm
Thorne sighed and rested himself against Chris, pleased and content here in this strange garden with Chris's own friends. He couldn't say he minded it, not really. He would trudge after Chris into darkness if asked.

"Oh," Thorne said, "Not really. I'd just have to cook more and pray that someone might actually take my side in a fight."

His eyes flick to Wis as she asks him a question, tilting his head at her as though the answer was already obvious, written in his bones. He smiles though at her, a small laugh trapped in his throat.

"Yes," he says honestly, bowing his head, "With everything that I am. I'd chase him to the ends of the world to keep him safe if I had to."

There had never been another answer, Thorne thought, as he looked at Wis. It was written into him, a truth as simple as the sky being blue, water being wet. Chris as something for him to keep safe. Chris, his home.

azuredreams

PeanutButterPies

moonjavas

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:28 pm
Even with Thorne resting against him Chris still reached out his hand to find Thorne's, to rest it on top of his, entwine his fingers slightly. Hungry for physical contact, hungry for reassurance even when he was leaning on him.

"Good," Chris said to Thorne, smiling. "Of course I would Wis," He said softly, "You're the first to really help me like this, you're so much more than a friend."

He nodded at her words and then, realizing she couldn't see, said, "I will. I mean, I'll try, but I can't make any promises. It seems I have a tendency to get myself in trouble." He nudged Thorne lightly, pretended that his face didn't blush lightly at his words.

elkbones

azuredreams

[wc: 119]

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out