Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Looking for evil campaign Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:49 pm
I'd prefer a 3.5 game but 4.0 or 5.0 would also be enjoyable. Looking for 2-3 other players and a DM.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:54 pm
Good luck. Most people can't do evil well, especially in a group game. Too many go 'evil? ok, that means I have to backstab EVERYONE right?' and thus, stupid evil.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

m249vet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:03 pm
I would allso enjoy a game where I could play an evil character
I've actualy never played a good one other than when I was dm
But I have a few characters I could revive  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:04 pm
I unfortunately don't have the time or books currently to dm a game though  

m249vet

m249vet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:26 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Good luck. Most people can't do evil well, especially in a group game. Too many go 'evil? ok, that means I have to backstab EVERYONE right?' and thus, stupid evil.

Not necessarily to many that are chaotic evil maybe but as long as there is balance
Evil characters can allso be forced to embark on "good" adventures and work together just takes a good dm to put the right motivation in place

Most people don't play there alignment properly or everyone wants to be chaotic evil
People have to remember:
Lawful evil: Hitler/ KKK/ dictatorships
Neutral evil: stereotypical lawyers/ politics/ gang leaders/ hillary Clinton (as conservatives see her)
Chaotic evil: serial killers/ usualy mentally damaged in some way/ hostel (the movie)/ the joker  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:59 pm
m249vet

Not necessarily to many that are chaotic evil maybe but as long as there is balance
Evil characters can allso be forced to embark on "good" adventures and work together just takes a good dm to put the right motivation in place

Most people don't play there alignment properly or everyone wants to be chaotic evil
People have to remember:
Lawful evil: Hitler/ KKK/ dictatorships
Neutral evil: stereotypical lawyers/ politics/ gang leaders/ hillary Clinton (as conservatives see her)
Chaotic evil: serial killers/ usualy mentally damaged in some way/ hostel (the movie)/ the joker

That was what I was referencing. Too many players here 'evil' and go straight to Chaotic Evil mindset. LE and NE can easily fit into parties if done right.

I once had a NE kobold. He played opposite a CG pixie for a literal 'devil/angel on your shoulder' playoff with the group's half-ogre.

I think my favorite evil character I've ever played though, was this LE Minotaur Fighter/Blackguard of Bane. One of his first actions (joining late in a game) was to grab another player, flip him over, and literally give him a shakedown. Cause he decided he wasn't going to pay for the room he took for a night, so the Innkeeper was going to charge everyone else extra.

He then went on to lead the party to kill off a cult cause he wanted to 'bless' the land they were using as a Shrine to Bane. Ah Bane, Lord of Tyranny. Great god for LE.

Honestly, I'd love to do Pathfinder or 3.5 and go full Kobold Necromancer on it. I'd say 4e or 5e, but 4e doesn't actually have any necromantic stuff from my memory and I don't think 5e has kobolds yet.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

m249vet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:15 am
I've only ever played 3.5  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:11 pm
I sort of said I was only on Gaia for a single RP at a time, but I think the speed of online RPing could allow for me to take on another game.

Plus, not every day there might be the chance to play an evil character. Though, I suppose some guidelines as to an acceptable level of evil would be good.

Need to know the level of crazy I could unleash, lol.  

Daidoji Hotaru

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:32 am
Daidoji Hotaru
I sort of said I was only on Gaia for a single RP at a time, but I think the speed of online RPing could allow for me to take on another game.

Plus, not every day there might be the chance to play an evil character. Though, I suppose some guidelines as to an acceptable level of evil would be good.

Guidelines are always useful in any game, especially an evil one. Need to know exactly what people are comfortable with people doing.

Now if only we had a DM.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 am
Raganui Minamoto
Daidoji Hotaru

Guidelines are always useful in any game, especially an evil one. Need to know exactly what people are comfortable with people doing.

Now if only we had a DM.

Yeah. We'll need a DM before we know what those guidelines are. Anyone know one who'd be interested in running this?  

Lavander42

Dapper Star

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 am
I doubt anyone would on a few basis:

This is your game not theirs.

As such you asked for it not them what if it doesn't meet YOUR standards. I personally would never run anything that I didn't propose first.

People don't know how to play evil and if you do you're either imitating a villain from somewhere or you are an actual psychopath. So you either get a bunch of psychopaths who would never group up or a bunch of edgelords trying to out edge each other and that's just tedious. Evil is so much more than wanton slaughter.

And most experienced GM's I know tend to keep an arms length away evil campaigns. They've all tried it and have all decided that it is not worth the hassle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:25 pm
I've seen it done and it can be fun. There's also 'campy evil' like saturday morning cartoonishly evil.

Sometimes people like to play the villain. Plus every great hero needs good villains and you need to tell their story too. Their rise to power and all.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

m249vet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 pm
I wish I had the time to dm this but I'm an otr driver so my time and resources are to limmeted  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 pm
I have a habit of offering to DM and not doing it, so I'll use my wisdom and not put my hand up. I'm horrible at it anyway, and so very very out of practice with DnD.  

Daidoji Hotaru

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:27 am
Everyone would rather play then DM eh? Fine. I can DM it. I can't be super frequent but I think I can find the time.
Also Camp or Edge?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces