[Sauti] We Meet Again (Faamy/Hargitt)FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:45 pm
It had been a while since Hargitt had last been in this settlement. He suspected that the last time he had passed through had been with his Uncle, back when the man had thought such stops were inevitable and a pain in the rear. He likely still thought that way, and Hargitt couldn't blame him, since he was the same way.

Of course last time he had been here Hargitt hadn't really been in the village. He stayed on the outskirts, tending to his arrows, while his Uncle traded away their kills. This time, however, Hargitt sat in the back corner of a tavern, two drinks under his belt with one more on the way.

The ale tasted as much like rotgut as he remembered, which barely put it above the fermented capramel milk his family seemed to love. The large, beast of a man looked down into his stein, swirling the liquid a moment before knocking back a mouthful. Hargitt couldn't say where Jakkoa was; keeping up with him was the equivalent of trying to tie down a shooting star. Impossible. He'd sat by the camp several hours after leaving early on a hunt, having run through all that needed to be done. Without much else left Hargitt decided to get a drink, and go back.

That had been a while ago, and he was still there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 pm
With her usual confident sashay in her walk, Faamy wandered through the crowd. Her performance wasn't until later that evening, and she took her free time to peruse the guests, talking herself up and getting the feel for what the crowd would want to hear.

Asked to pass out a few orders, she carried a tray of bread sticks and a few ales around, stopping her and there to lighten her load. At her last stop, her head cocked curiously. Did she know this man? "Well, hi there, darlin'," she chirped, setting the mug down. "You all by yer lonesome here?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:20 am
Cornetified

Hargitt finished off his second mug of ale, relishing in the burn that had settled in his gut. This was always the stage of drinking that he liked best; the part after that initial swallow when the rotted piss started tasting good and he could actually enjoy it.

He looked over as another drink was settled at his table, and then up to the full figured woman. She seemed vaguely familiar, though Hargitt tried not to focus so much on strangers. The archer furrowed his brow before swapping his empty stein out of the new one. "Suppose so."

If Jakkoa chose that moment to walk in it would have been a bold faced lie, but he wasn't here, was he? He was too busy wasting time fluttering around, checking out whatever hot piece of a** came his way to do anything productive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 pm
Faamy cocked her head slightly. She had to have seen him before, but when? And where, for that matter? "Well, that's a darned shame. A handsome fella like yerself should have a bit o' company when ye're out. Get a pretty lady hangin' on yer arm." Wait-! That was it! She leaned her hip lightly against the table as she set the tray down and placed the empty mug onto it. "Or does that mister still have ya 'round his pinky?" she asked playfully. "Not sure if ya remember, been a while after all, an' I only just remembered myself. We met once. Feels like ages ago. Yeh was making arrows or something, right?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:28 pm
Cornetified

Ah, now he remembered her.

That same hip lean, that open way of speaking...Hargitt found himself cracking a small smile, remembering their brief interaction fondly. "Still hooked."

Hargitt knocked back a mouthful of his drink, and wiped the foam off his lips with the back of his hand. "Aye, I was, and you were gathering material to make clothing for your sister?" He wasn't as sure on that last part. It had been a while ago, and the interaction hadn't lasted long.

"Is this where you work, then?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:00 pm
Faamy sighed dramatically and shook her head. Of course he was still hooked. Too bad. "Why ain't the lucky feller with ya?"

He smile lit up a little further as Hargitt's memory showed promise. "I believe I was. Good on yeh ta remember tha' kind o' snippet." She looked around the bar and gave a half nod. "Sorta. Mostly performin' on stage, but I do help out 'round the tables when they need. Won't be long now bef're my music an' I get back on them roads. Yeh still workin' with arrows an' such?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:01 pm
Cornetified

Hargitt merely shrugged. "Off talking, I guess." The more the man drank the looser his tongue became. He hadn't remembered talking this much to any one person in a while.

Nodding his head, Hargitt knocked back the last of the mead in his stein. "These days I don't hunt as much as I used to. I'm his body guard now; lookin' for a cure for his sister."

Which, Hargitt supposed, was as good a reason to get out of his comfort zone as anything else. Branching out seemed an impossible task, but if it was for the good of a young life then why not?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:48 pm
Faamy pursed her lips slightly. "I s'ppose everyone needs their space time ta time," she mused. "A body guard!" She leaned forward with interest. Her eyes widened when the cure was mentioned. "What an adventure yer're on! Trav'lin' 'round, curin' damsels, fallin' in love! Ooh, that'll make fer a good song." After a moment, her expression took on a slightly more serious tone. "I do wish ya luck in findin' tha' cure, though. Sure is good on yeh ta do it."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:27 am
Cornetified

Hargitt snorted and leaned back, subconsciously moving out of her personal space. If only she knew the half of it. He could have rambled all night about the various escapades they got up to, but Hargitt wasn't a rambler.

Or maybe he wasn't before the alcohol, that is.

"I hope we find it soon. I know he doesn't say anything, but I don't think she has much time left." Jakkoa never spoke of it when the subject was brought up, but as a brother himself Hargitt knew the worries. What if they did find it, but it was already too late? Shaking his head he reached for his stein, and lifted it to his lips...then paused when he noticed it was empty.

With a rueful grin he set it back down. "Wouldn't happen to know any healers 'round here, would ya? Anyone to talk to?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 pm
As the more serious topic took over, Faamy frowned sympathetically. She had a little sister back home. The thought of being away from an ill sibling... Sighing, she shook her head. "Not really, 'round these parts. Might try askin' Makani if he's 'round. He uses magic, an' has a little healin'. If yer're lookin' so hard fer a cure though, sounds like yeh need some master o' sorts. Makani might have a source fer ya. Don't think he's here tanight though. Ask 'round, and he'll get the message ta find ya right quick, I bet." She put her hand out to pat Hargitt's briefly. "'til then, yeh wanna top off, or thinkin' ta quit fer the night? A little somethin' ta eat would do ya some good."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:07 pm
Cornetified

"Makani?" He'd never heard the name before, but Hargitt nodded his head with fuzzy headed understanding. If he were to find a man with that name he would surely ask!

"Top me off. I'm in no mood to be sober."
Call him salty or loose, Hargitt didn't care. He just knew that lately he had been so strung up with worries and stress that he hadn't really had a chance to let loose. For once he was able to breath and if that meant he had to keep drinking to feel that way then so be it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 pm
Faamy cocked her head slightly, giving Hargitt a rather soft smile. "Comin' right up, darlin'." She headed back to the bar for the refill, and ordered a breadstick appetizer as well. She had to drop a few things at other tables on her way through, but returned soon enough with the order. She set the mug down in front of Hargitt, along with the bread. "One anti-sober ale, and a bit o' next-mornin'-regrets reducin' bread. Eat up." Glancing around, she picked up the other mug from the tray that she had snuck over and took a couple gulps from it.

Break time!

Dropping into the seat across from the big man with her usual forward behavior, she sighed and stretched her legs out. "What kind a mood 're yeh in then, Hargitt?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:10 am
Cornetified

He took a look at the bread, and quirked his brow before smiling a bit. Before taking up his mug he picked up a stick and bit the end off of it. Although worries of hangovers were the farthest from his mind at the moment, he did know that it would likely come and be a killer. The fact that someone was actively trying to keep him from experiencing that..

...was rather nice.

After taking a log drink from his mug, the windling wiped a bit of foam away from his mouth with the back of his hand and grinned. "A stupid one. What do you normally do when you need to unwind?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:49 pm
Faamy laughed lightly. Stupid moods rarely ended well. The question presented made her brow rise, and she looked up to the ceiling inquisitively. What did she do to unwind? "I'd say I usually write meh music. Mehbeh write a letteh home. A hot bath.." She smiled at the last option and closed her eyes, imagining herself soaking in a tub. With a wistful sigh, she shook her head and returned her focus to Hargitt. "Even jus' findin' someone ta chat with like this~"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Cornetified

"Mmm." A hot bath did sound nice, though Hargitt wasn't used to such niceties. He'd had one a time or two before, but most of his bathing rituals took place in chilled waters which was hardly relaxing.

"You're good at it; finding someone to talk to." He motioned between the two of them with a finger before pinching off a bit of break and popping it into his mouth. "I am...not normally so chatty."

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff