Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:55 am
Kapoodles

Gahiji was feeling... great! He'd found himself rather interesting to battle with today, that being a good sized snaptrotter, and he was actually able to tackle the thing! Sure what happened after that was the surprised creature set to doing a death roll through the sand, scratching the young man against the various shells on the beach. Gahiji did his best to hold on but eventually he was knocked loose before the beast went rushing off into the ocean. Gahiji was left behind on his back in the sand bleeding from various areas, but it was in his mind worth it! What was a little blood when one could claim that they had actually tackled a snaptrotter! Who else did that sort of thing at his age after all.

Sitting up the strange young man started to laugh in a delighted manner as he looked himself over, looking at his arm and the wound there in particular, before he lifted it up and set to licking the wound. It wasn't so bad, he'd had a lot worse in his time, and it was from an incident that had gotten his heart racing so he didn't even care. It was more then worth getting scratched up if it meant that he did something exciting!

Pushing himself up to his feet he set to shaking off the excess sand, though some of it was still clinging to the scratches and blood. Wrinkling his nose a little he said, "This is gonna end up all itchy!" He should really rinse off... though going into the water meant getting salt in the wounds, which would sting, as well as bloody the water which was asking for more predators to show up. Wait... would that lure in a yaotl? Hrm... that could be interesting he thought to himself, lifting a hand to scratch at his cheek in a thoughtful manner, actually considering it now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm
There were so many things in the world that scared Xewai. Alot of them had no foundation whatsoever. Then there were some that left long lasting scars that just never seemed to go away. One such fear was that of snaptrotters. Scars still showed on the young man's shoulder and chest from when he was just a youngling when one such beast had taken him as it's next meal. Sharp teeth had sunk so deep into his soft flesh that even now they remained..

He really didn't want to think about it. Shaking his head vigorously to clear his mind of that time, he made his way down the beach. He had a duty to do, even if it was terrifying for the Spirit Worker. The mission for the day was to rid the beach of a few snaptrotters that had wandered just a little too close to a settlement. It was a small task, but one that the Buhawi were quick to jump on. Someone needed help, and they were there for it! But WHY did they have to send him of all people! Some mumbo jumbo about him facing his fears or what not. Xewai was quite alright with being afraid of certatin things. After all, those fears were founded and provided caution to a certain situation.

And yet still, here he was patrolling the beach, gripping his staff as tight as he could as he anxiously looked around. All seemed peaceful for the most part. That is, until he saw what looked like a person rolling around in the sand with just the thing he feared. In a split second he began to dash towards the young man, panicked and fearful at what the situation might turn out to be. But as soon as his first foot hit the sand to dash over, the beast fled, leaving the man in the sand. And by the time that Xewai arrived at the young man's side he was already standing up and cleaning himself. To his horrified surpised, he knew the young man.

"Gahiji!!" He cried out, slowing down to a stop before him, still gripping his staff and looking around, panicked for the beast that might still be around. "Goddess, are you alright?!"

The man was scratched up, dirtied, and battered but still seemed to be enjoying himself. Was he.. Was he even laughing?! Oh. Right, Right, Xewai thought to himself. This kid loved a good fight..

"You're bleeding.. Let me help, okay?"

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:28 pm
Kapoodles

Gahiji tilted his head, for a moment wondering if he was losing it. Was he hearing voices? No... wait, that was a rather familiar voice. Not one that he knew well, not like it was Kinte or Meint, but at least it was a voice that he'd heard recently. Turning slowly toward the voice he found himself starting at a rather fretful looking Matorian. He starred for a long moment, ten it seemed to click in his brain.

"Ah! Magic Guy!" He looked around for a moment, a little disappointed to see that he wasn't with that big woman from the other day. A shame, but he supposed that the two wouldn't be attached at the hip all the time. Lifting a hand he set to scratching at the sand again, shrugging one shoulder as he was asked if he was alright, "Yep! Just a failed attempt to tackle a snaptrotter into submission. Not having a weapon is a huge pain." He should try to make himself a weapon he thought idly. If he could find a good, straight stick and something sharp then surely he could make himself a spear that would work against the monsters that came up out of the ocean right?

He found himself glancing from side to side, to see if there was any good drift wood present somewhere on the beach when the other mentioned how Gahiji was bleeding then said that he should let him help. Turning toward him he gave him a long look, patted his pockets, then said, "Naw, I'm good. Don't have any money on me so I couldn't afford it anyway. I just need to rinse off and I'll be good as new!" He didn't appear to look or sound at all worried about his present condition, instead waving the scraps and bruises off as being nothing worth fretting over.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:45 am
"It's Xewai, but sounds pretty close! Why the heck would you attack it without a weapon?" Xewai's blue face paled just a bit. So his eyes WEREN'T lying. The kid really WAS trying to fight that beast! Sure, they could be handled with care IF you knew what you were doing, but it was more than obvious that the kid had done the same thing he had done when he was attempting to fight with Dem. Just go in all willy nilly.

"Payment? What?" The thought of any sort of payment never even crossed his mind. It wasn't as if he was a professional healer. And he supposed it made sense to charge if you studied hard for do magic, and if that was what you did for a living, but Xewai did neither of those. Certainly he studied books and such, but it wasn't the same, or at least it didn't feel that way. He was blessed by Ubeli'ae, he knew it, and the elemental spirits granted him power, not his own volition so it seemed so wrong to seek out profit for it. Besides, he LIVED to help and protect people! Charging people would feel like it went against his code!

"No, no, Gahiji, you don't need any money! Just let me take care of it, okay? The sooner you're all better the sooner you can fight at your best, right? .... Maybe we should look into getting you a proper weapon too... Atleast that way you can actually stand a chance." A part of him had a faint desire to follow this kid around, JUST to make sure he wasn't about to get himself killed. The boy probably wouldn't like that much, though. "Has anyone tried to teach you how to properly fight?"

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 pm
Kapoodles

Why would he attack it without a weapon? He starred at Xewai in a manner that almost appeared confused before he said, "It seemed like it would be fun." He felt that it was the only explanation needed because save for those words he didn't add any further detail. It seemed as though it would be fun and in his mind that was all the reason that he needed for any of the foolish and crazy ideas that his brain came up with.

As he was told that he didn't need any money he cocked his head to one side, "Really? What do you want then? Nobody seems to do anything for free..." The idea that he wanted to help him out but without asking for money seemed a little weird. At the same time he was a rather good negotiator as he said the sooner he was better the sooner he could fight at his best. Alright, so if he got healed up then he'd be able to go chasing after something big and toothy again, maybe even today! That would be grand, far better then having to wait for his wounds to heal on their own. They were just scratches, so he wasn't worried one way or the other, but if the healing helped him get back to battle faster then he was all for that.

Giving a laugh he said, "I'm not allowed to have a weapon yet. I'm too young." His caretakers didn't want them to get hurt, though he'd do that with or without a weapon. As Xewai asked him if anyone had taught him to fight properly he shook his head, "Naw, again, too young. They are teaching me to fish though, which I feel is a step in the right direction since I get to use a spear when I go after the fish!" Sure, fish didn't fight back in the same manner as a real beast would but it was better then nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:29 pm
"Certainly, fighting could be fun, but if you end up hurting yourself gravely due to ignorance of the situation... Not so fun. I'd like to think, If something has claws, sharp teeth, or a knife, better go into a fight with a blade of your own." Xewai wasn't a stranger to how much fun wrestling could be. Though he looked a bit more on the 'elegant' side these days, he rather enjoyed a nice tumble in the dirt or sand. JUST because he knew magic didn't mean he had no idea how to fist or knife fight.

"I don't want anything at all, really, truly. Some people charge, but I do it because I like helping people no matter what. It seems silly to charge for something that I would do anyway. Besides, you know, I work somewhere else, so I don't need to make a living with this. Come over here and sit down in the sand." The young man pointed to a place closer to the water line. He had learned that the closer he was to an actual water source, the easier it was for him to heal a person. With a quick wave of his staff, he summoned a stream of ocean water to his hand, floating it above his palm until it formed an orb. Once Gahiji was ready, he would begin the healing process.

"Not old enough? That's strange... As soon as I could process what exactly a weapon was meant to do, I was handed one. Taught to defend myself, taught to defend others with a blade as big as my fore arm back then. I didn't do the whole magic thing until recently, when Ubeli'ae told me that was the path I should go down. Then again, these are different times... There's no reason for you to learn how to fight... BUT if you want to, they really shouldn't stop you, I think. Especially since it doesn't really seem like saying 'no' to you is stopping anything at all, is it?"

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm
Kapoodles

Gahiji starred at Xewai for a moment but didn't exactly respond. Mostly because while he would like to fight things with a weapon he didn't have one and he didn't want it to slow him down. He would like to fight against whatever appeared before him with or without a weapon. So long as he had fun that was all that mattered to Gahiji. Sure, he risked injury, but he still had fun with it.

As he was told to sit in the sand one of Gahiji's fin like ears gave a twitch. He glanced toward the water, debating on rinsing off first to get blood in the water... but decided against it. He would wait, feeling that he shouldn't pick another fight so soon after tackling the snaptrotter. Instead he walked over and plopped down into the sand in front of Xewai, lifting a hand up to scratch against one of the scrapes on his arm, "Alright, I will do my best to sit still for some healing then." If he wasn't charging then there was no reason to pass on the magic user's offer, right? He just hoped it didn't take too long since sitting still wasn't something that he excelled at.

Lifting a hand trace a finger against the scar that went over his eye he said, "Kinte and Meint have their reasons... as much as I wish they would loosen up and just give me... something. A spear, preferably since they are good for fishing and I feel they'd translate well to fighting giant beasts." Turning to glance at Xewai he starred at him, "Hm? Ubeli'ae, huh? An interesting being but I think I am more the sort that would seek the blessings of Jonal and probably Essd myself." He said that with a toothy grin, feeling that it was probably the blessing of the War God and the Goddess of Life and Death that kept him alive to this point, but hey, one never knew. For all that Gahiji knew about the Gods and their decision he might have been blessed by the lot of them back in the day. It would be what was what explained why he was still alive after all.

At the mention that saying 'no' to Gahiji didn't do much he could only grin and nod, kind of agreeing with him. Kinte and Meint could hold him back, keep him away from the worst battles he wanted to get into, but t wasn't as though it would stop him completely.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:34 pm
"Thank you. I'll try to be as quick as I can." With that said, Xewai began to transfer the water from his hands to Gahiji's back, letting it cover the other boy in a thin layer of sea. A soft prayer was murmured to the goddess and her elementals before he began to have the water travel across Gahiji's skin, gentle and bubbling like a quiet brook. So far from his experiences, people rather enjoyed the feeling, as it was soothing and cool, like a dip in a cool lake rather than a sudden freeze like he remembered being treated before. It took a bit longer to heal though, since he was still pretty inexperienced communicating with the elementals. The water ones did seem to like him a lot more readily than fire and wind...

"Jonal and Essd... I do think they would fit you, honestly, but sometimes you never know. The gods will pick who they see fit, and will show you their blessing. Like, I fought with swords for a long time. A small pair of daggers that I used when I went on missions or had tasks that might need them when I was younger.. Actually, it wasn't that long ago... A few months, at most. Then one day, I learned I could do magic, then a few days later Ubeli'ae placed a staff on my doorstep, washed right up to my feet and I met a water elemental. I figured it was pretty obvious who I should serve... Though, I kinda served her already!" Xewai really was the kinda lad who would willingly go on and on and on about his life story, but... That probably wasn't the best idea. Gahiji didn't really seem like the kinda person who enjoyed staying still for too long.

Once his water gently soothed and healed the cuts, scrapes, and bruises on the young man's upper body, his water traveled down to his legs and feet, moving in the same manner. Though he couldn't really see if there was anything harming him there, he didn't stop, just in case.

"Would you like to learn how to fight? I still have those daggers from my missions so I could give you one. I guess you'd have to hide it though so they don't take it away. Like, hide it under the sand until you're ready to set out for adventure for the day!"

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:57 pm
Kapoodles

Gahiji sat still, or at least as still as he ever did, his eyes on the ocean as though waiting to see if something big and scary popped up out of it... but for the moment it was completely peaceful. The water was coming in in lazy waves, something that caught his attention for a moment... but the strange feeling of water against his skin dragged his attention off the ocean and to Xewai. He turned his hand to glance at him. It seemed as though the water was a part of the healing? It helped to wash him up as well, cleansing his itchy wounds of the sand that was clinging to them. That was a bonus he found himself thinking idly.

As Xewai spoke, telling him about how he'd fought with bladed weapons when he was younger but ended up changing over to magic he couldn't help but stare. He just learned that he had magic? That wasn't something that you knew from birth? He gave a nod of his head before he said, "I guess I never met many people with magic before so I never really knew how it worked. So it can just spontaneously appear?" Here was to hoping that didn't happen to him since he wasn't interested in magic himself. Jonal willing he'd be blessed with only battle skills and the magic would find others to bless with its power.

"Huh?" Gahiji whirled around to face the other as he mentioned having a dagger that he could give him. His pink eyes seemed to shine with interest, as though the idea of having a dagger was definitely something that he wanted... but reluctantly he shook his head. Sitting back down, giving a little huff, he said, "It's tempting, really tempting... but I think that I might have Kinte close to giving me a spear. I should wait a little longer and see how it goes." It was painful to give up the certainty of a dagger now in exchange for the possibility of a spear in the future but he had to. He wanted Kinte and Meint to trust him with a weapon after all. Besides, if they caught him with a dagger it would get taken away and end up locked up with the other weapons.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:41 am
"No... I don't think It spontaneously appears. I think it might be something a person always had or was attuned with, they just never really figure it out until they had a reason to. I never really gave magic a thought until someone used magic to heal me in such a kind way that I wanted to be able to do that too. Then I spoke with a teacher ans she showed me that I could do magic and since then I kinda have been studying on my own." It seemed that there was enough healing done that the young man wasn't bleeding or dirty any longer (and he wouldn't admit it but Xewai might have gone a little longer than intended to clean the younger one up some), so the young Spirit Worker pulled his water away and tossed it back to the sea where it belonged. "There were little hints you know? Falling off high rooftops and landing relatively safely could be signs of an affinity to air. Always having calm seas when sailing could be a sign of a water affinity. Or just really good luck. Either way!"

Now that the healing was all taken care of, Xewai stepped back admiring his work. Not exactly squeaky clean, but it will do! And he wasn't bleeding so that was perfect!

"Awww, no to the daggers? Well, that's okay. I can still offer myself as a person to spar with. I promise I won't use magic either! Though if we are to spar, lets NOT use real weapons. Maybe wooden ones? We don't really want to kill one another, right?"
It was a little more than disappointing to have his offer refused, but it did make sense. After all, a gift from a parent probably would mean alot more to him than anything a stranger could. Still! The waterling reached out and gave Gahiji a quick hair ruffle, helping any sand that was left within his locks to come free.

"I still don't know how you can fight those Snaptrotters though... They are simply.... Terrifying. "

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:41 pm
Kapoodles

Gahiji gave a sighing sound of relief when Xewai said that it wasn't just a spontaneous thing, that he wouldn't have to worry about magic randomly popping up as it just wasn't something that Gahiji was interested in. Giving a smile he gave the other man a momentary glance, his fin ears giving a twitch. He'd leave the magic to those like this one and he would stick to fighting it out hand to hand against the various monsters of the world.

Lifting a hand he scratched against the underside of his chin, watching Xewai closely, and there was a moment where his entire body went taunt. Xewai was offering himself up as a 'person to spar with' which was, in his mind, rather exciting. He shifted so that he face Xewai, sizing him up, looking for weaknesses and opening. The other was talking about fighting with wooden weapons but those words were almost lost on him. Fight, fight, he was being offered a fight! No magic involved, just the two of them, man on man, fighting it out!

As he was patted on the head he gave pause, starring up at him, "Huh? Oh! Pft, it's easy. No matter what sort of monster it is I am ready to go. I guess I just don't think about what I am going after? Well... no... maybe it's just that I don't think about losing?" He gave a humming sound, then shrugged. He just saw an opponent that interested him and he went for it... even now there was a part of him that was urging him on to pounce Xewai... though he meant to look for a good opening before he did.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:31 pm
While Gahiji sat there sizing him up, Xewai just grinned in return. He really did just half expect the other to straight up tackle him at that point, but he was still holding his staff so the other wouldn't get very far before he would just instinctively use magic.

And that wasn't very fair now, was it?

"Don't think about losing, huh?" One step was taken away, then another, then another. "Well, That's not very safe but... Hey! Life generally isn't!"

With that said, Xewai tossed his staff out of the way, further up the shore and out of the way. Then, he changed his stance slightly, lowering himself so that he would be ready for a fight. Damn it had been so long that he could feel his OWN excitement bubbling up. Only one finger was used to beckon the other.

"Come on, let's see what you can do!"

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:18 pm
Kapoodles

Gahiji gave a shrug of one shoulder as he was told that it wasn't safe to no think about losing. He was probably right but Gahiji wouldn't let such a thing get to him. He knew what was was important in his own mind and that was what he would continue to go after. He wanted strength and he would only get that by continuously fighting for it. At the mention of life in general not being safe he nodded his head, stretching out all over as he did so.

That was until Xewai was suddenly tossing his staff away. It was something that caused Gahiji's eyes to go a bit wide and he was already moving as the other started to crook a finger at him, going for Xewai's legs. Going for the legs tended to be a good first move, to throw someone off balance and without that everything would get knocked off kilter.

The other was calling for him to fight against him, wanted to 'see what he could do' and Gahiji was all for that sort of fight! It wasn't going to be as scary or exhilarating as fighting against a snaptrotter but it could still be fun!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:28 am
Xewai should have known the moment he threw his staff that Gahiji was gonna come straight at him! He supposed that he was hoping the surprise of being challenged by a lanky looking magic user would have stunned him for a little bit, but nope, he was charged at, and his legs were the target!

Having changed his stance before the prentice charged at him really was effective, since instead of being knocked on his feet Xewai was able to side step out of the way. While doing so he reached for Gahiji's waist, hoping go catch him well enough to throw him back the way he came by forcing his momentum back around in a circle.

Orpheus Solon

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:43 am
Kapoodles

It was a bit of a strange sensation, to get caught around his waist before finding himself getting swung around in a circle, before getting tossed. There was no scrambling to stop Xewai from throwing him though. No reason to do so as he was used to getting thrown around. He landed, rolled a couple times, before he was rushing toward Xewai once more. One had to move in a fluid manner after all. Were he to fight the momentum he risked things getting wrenched painfully out of place. Best to go with the flow and continue the assault.

Where did he want to take aim this time? As he closed the ground between the two of them he debated on it, before moving throw his full weight into the other man's chest in an attempt to knock him flat.Were he able to knock the other off balance then he might be able to get the upper hand... if not then it was possible that he was going to just get tossed around again like what happened with that big woman.

Given that it wasn't a real fight now or then he couldn't say he cared how the battle ended. Especially given that he doubted very highly that the magic slinger would randomly decide midway through the battle to end it by killing Gahiji. Due to the lack of a any fear being involved in the battle when it came to dying he saw no reason to hesitate... not that he did a lot of hesitating when he was in a life or death struggle but now there was even less so.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff