Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:05 pm
He had to get ready to leave. He was being tested on skills as a Prentice so far and had to go spread the word of peace and try to get more people to visit the settlement to see if they wanted to further their meditation and teachings of how to be balanced in ones self.

Zhen was anxious about leaving, nervous, because he knew things wouldn't always be so smooth. He believed, though, that there'd always be a way for him to stay out of harms way and to help people. Help people ahead of everything. Some people didn't know how much help they needed finding balance and peace. New mothers, especially. They were always so frantic with babies they didn't know how to calm quite yet.

The Oban with the odd forehead formation pushed his bangs out of his face as he went to the nearest town near him. They had their own settlement, the 'crazy hippies' they're called, but everyone knew they were poor and harmless. So they got deals for things. He managed to grab himself some snacks before he got down to the serious shopping when he noticed a few barrels in front of a tavern.

"A new shipment of liquor," he said in awe. He'd never seen that before!

Kapoodles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:30 pm
Being up so high just felt so exhilarating! Okay, it wasn't the HIGHEST building in Oba, but he was still high enough that he could see a good ways around the city. He was no fancy pants acrobat like his team mate Farako, but he STILL liked to try! He LOVED trying to run and dodge and flip across the low ceilings in this particular settlement. Since he had received his staff from Ubeli'ae (meaning it washed up on the beach before him) he hadn't tried the roof top escapades.

So far, it had not been easy. The staff he received stood taller than he was, and compensating for the difference was more than a little difficult. Sure, he was able to use it to vault a little further than he had been able to before, but it was still unweildly in his hands. He really only made it to a few buildings before his staff caught in a loose tile, messing up his step and causing him to slide right off!

"A-ahhh!!" Thank the goddess that he was only on a two story building, lest the fall be far worse than it was! That... And there was a barrel blow that cushioned his fall. ...Perhaps cushioned was the wrong worked. It smashed into several pieces as it caved under his weight and force. Xewai was simply drenched, reeking of alchohol and aching from fall. It took a few moments for the young Matorian to gather his thoughts, his golden eyes widening and focusing on a young Oban man who stared at him. Before he could open his mouth to say anything, the angry voice of the Tavern owner range out. He stormed from the building, near charging at the two, blaming not only him, but the innocent young bystander of a man for the ruin of his liquor. Which was true, partially, but Xewai had not the money nor care to pay back a crazed old man who slung racial slur as him.

"Come, Come!"
He insisted, scrambling to his feet and grabbing the young man's wrist, pulling him to follow as he fled the scene of the crime. Soaked and sore but excited, he laughed as they ran and ran until the old man was out of sight and breaths came heavy to the Spirit Worker. He did not let go of the other's wrist, though he wiped the alcohol and sweat from his forehead with his free hand.

"I... I am sorry about that! A-are you okay?"

Peppermint Coffee

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:36 am
All of a sudden there was a loud crash and barrels breaking before he heard yelling. All too quickly, Zhen found himself grabbed and yanked by a guy who smelled like the liquor he just fell into. While the other laughed, Zhen's brows knitted together but he went along with it.

"M-me? Are you okay? You fell from really high up! And.." He turned to look over his shoulder a bit and looked nervous. Once the old man was out of sight, the Oban looked even more confused and tried to tug on his arm. He would like that back please, and thank you! He was starting to puff himself now, swallowing as he tried to keep up.

Zhen was so confused. Why was he grabbed. "Could we stop now?" The guy was no where in sight and he was pretty sure the owner wouldn't follow them as they had a tavern and a mess to deal with. He felt really bad for the tavern owner, honestly. Maybe he could go back later and help him out, offer to sweep and mop up after hours to help him out. His hair was starting to come unbound by all the running and bouncing that was happening to his bun.

Kapoodles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:59 pm
"I'm fine, I'm fine! Thank you for asking, it was just two floors,you should have seen me when I was trying to climb the side of one of the high rises in the Capital. That was NOT a fun fall!" The thought of that incident just made him laugh as he gently shook off a layer of wetness. Since they had stopped now, and the other seemed to be a bit apprehensive, Xewai let him go, opting to take the pin out of his hair and ring out any remaining liquor in it. He must have inhaled a little bit, or maybe it was just the fumes that came off of him, because he started to feel just a little light headed. Not a bad feeling, just not quite right..

"I... Uh, Sorry about that! He was yelling at both of us... And wasn't using very nice words... I don't have any money to pay for what happened, and I didn't want you to get in trouble because of me, so... I'm sorry, I dragged you into that. " It had been some time since he last had an Oban call him such racist names... Not many years had passed since slavery had been abolished, so there was still improvement to be had, but he really REALLY didn't care much for those single minded jerks... After finally catching his breath and 'airing' himself out for a moment, he looked at the young man he had grabbed and gave him an apologetic smile.

"Ah, you're hair! I'm sorry about that too! Geesh, I really messed up this time didn't I? Anything I can do to make it up to you, friend?" Took his staff into both of his hands now, after having dropped it in the sand to clean himself, and leaned against it slightly. Atleast this was the desert, and he wasn't about to get a chill from being soaked.

Peppermint Coffee

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:16 am
Zhen listened when he said he was fine and let out a hard sigh. And then he mentioned climbing high rises in the capital and Zhen's red eyes widened again and he just stared. At least he was released and he just rubbed it gingerly. It wasn't hurt, just a little sore.

The Oban watched the other's hair come down and saw the liquor that dripped from it before he tilted his head to the side, blinking. "He was yelling at me?" Here he thought the owner was yelling at the one who broke his barrels, but apparently he was yelling at Zhen too. That made him sad. What had he done? Zhen looked back to the town, tilting his head and frowning. More like he pouted. His bottom lip stuck out and he kind of wibbled it before shrugging.

"Ah.. I wonder what I did to get yelled at." With a shrug the brightly clad Oban looked to his Matori friend and just watched him. His hands came up to slowly start to put his hair back up, pinning it in place with the tip of his tongue poking out between dark lips. He couldn't exactly pin it the way it was without it taking to long, so he settled for a really messy looking bun. Either way, his hands dropped back to his sides and he let out a sheepish giggle.

"I'm fine, I'm fine! You though, you should probably find somewhere to wash up!"

Kapoodles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:15 am
"Oh no no no, you didn't do anything! That old tavernkeeper was just mean. He figured since you were nearby me, you were part of the shenanigans I had gotten myself into. You heard what he was saying to ME right? All sorts of racist and nasty things... If he is so rude to say something like that and not even allow me to apologize, well, I think maybe the barrel of liquor was the least of his concerns." The poor kid before him just happened to get mixed up in alot of nasty business by proximity and it really just wasn't fair. At this point, however, there wasn't anything to do except to smile at him, relieved that he wasn't too upset with the whole affair either.

At the mention of cleaning up, Xewai looked confused before taking a glance at the rest of him. Though he landed in the barrel, he was still covered from his knees down in mud from running in the sand wet. And he simply reeked of weak, watered down Ale, far different than the normal scent of the sea that clung to him. Sadly, there was no sea nearby to this particular village. Heck, he wasn't even sure if there was a good body of water nearby beyond just a well or two.

This young man seemed nice enough though to point him in the right direction... He certainly was quick to smile, and that just made Xewai smile right back!

"So... I'm not exactly from the area, do you know where I could go and clean up? Maybe in exchange I could treat you to something? I dunno, or maybe show you some magic? Do you like magic?"

Peppermint Coffee

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:37 am
When the other said Zhen had nothing to do with it, the Oban sort of relaxed, but at the same time he felt bad for the other. Dark hands fiddled with his wrap around his waist, making it tighter, tucking part of it in. Presentation was key when talking to new people. All that running put his outfit at risk. Usually he walked, you see.

"Well he's rude! He should apologize." Not that Zhen could make him. He was only a Prentice after all. Here to spread the word of peace and love. One day people like that will see the errors of their way and find their own inner peace.

His dark eyes flicked back to his companion and the other just gave a little bit of a sheepish grin. "...I would love to see some magic! I haven't seen any outside of my small village!" The amount of joy and excitement surrounding Zhen would probably cure cancer if it was how it was done. "Uhm! I have a village not too far. We can talk on our way back. We can house you and feed you! Don't worry, no one's racist there. We're trying to show that Obans are actually... not all bad.." He gave a sheepish little look and then pushed his hair out of his face.

Nerves had him moving like this, almost constantly. "If you don't want to come to my village, I understand, though, and take no offense! I know people are very wary and it will take some time."

Kapoodles

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff