Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:15 pm
Tasinei

Since she had made the conscious decision to stick around she also needed to find a place that she could work so that she would have some type of coin. Hunting and fishing might have worked in Tale but in Oba she didn't think it would get her too far. Phaedra had decided to check with taverns and Inns to see if they needed someone with her skill set and so far she was coming up empty. So, now she was looking at an interesting place that people referred to as the RA. Phae was a bit skeptical about the idea since she wasn't a dancer and she couldn't play an instrument but if they needed a cook then she was willing to at least try.

She looked around one last time then headed inside. "Hello?" It wasn't normal business hours so she didn't want anyone to think she was trying to rob the place.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:27 am
Heras Box

Aseara walked through the halls of the RA with an Oban woman by her side; they spoke softly to each other as to not disturb those around her. She was currently in the process of remodeling some of the Red Amaryllis and this was the woman in charge of the project. They were on their way back to the entrance, the plans had been made and Aseara had approved them now the rest were only formalities and setting an amount to be paid for the workers and the materials needed. Afsana had cramped the girls into old places and Aseara planned on giving her people a better life.

“I believe the project is in very –“ Aseara spotted the leaf woman standing at the door and tilted her head with a small smile. “Well hello there,” she called to her. “I will be with you in a few moments,” Aseara eyed the girl a bit more before turning to the Oban woman again. “Very capable hands.” She finished as she walked the woman past the leaf girl and then saw her out the door. She closed to doors and turned to the girl, hands clasped in front of her.

“It’s not every day we get walk ins through the front door. We’re you looking to see someone in particular?” She thought the girl was a customer, a day time one albeit rare, but still a customer.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:47 pm
Tasinei

When she saw a woman that looked like she was from Sauti she was a bit surprised, even more so when it appeared that she had a bit of authority in the place. So she nodded her head and waited until the Oban was let out. When the blonde finally addressed her she smiled and shook her head slightly, her hands coming up to wave slightly. "Oh, no no, I'm not here as a client." Phaedra cleared her throat and lowered her hands to her sides, though she did seem to continue to fidget slightly.

"I was told that this place might be looking for a chef?" Phae was a little hopeful. If she could find work in the area then she could settle down. For now she had no plans to return to Tale or even Jauhar where her father was. "I'm slowly learning the Oban cuisine but I'm very good in a kitchen."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 am
Heras Box

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” Aseara had for sure thought the girl was a customer. She moved closer to her then, wondering what kind of work she did. Aseara took in all manners of people, mostly talented ones but there were also other tasks that needed done around the Red. From the looks of it, she didn’t have an instrument which didn’t make her a musician, she didn’t look like a dancer either or a singer. Looks we’re deceiving though, the leaf girl could have all kinds of talents up her sleeve. So she let the girl do her thing and see what as up.

“Why yes we are!” Aseara clapped her hands together, their previous chef had been proposed a better job with a noble family and Aseara had been unable to keep him. “Here come along, let me show you our kitchens,” Aseara waved her to follow. “Do you only know Oban cuisine? The more obviously the better,” They walked into the closed off halls of the Red. “What’s your name by the way?” She’d been so caught up in everything that she’d completely forgotten to ask the girl her name and to introduce herself.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:20 am
Tasinei

So the information she'd gotten had been right! Phaedra smiled and followed after the wind woman. When she was asked about the food she was able to make she shook her head. "Oh, no. I know how to make Jauhar and Tale dishes as well." Mostly Jauhar since that was where her skills had began. Though she was getting better and better at the others.

"My name is Phaedra." The brunette offered. "Can I ask when meals would be served?" She was certainly hoping that she was not going to be cooking whenever someone had a whim to eat.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:10 am
Heras Box

“Oh good, some of our girls will enjoy that,” they’d always had the same cook, an Oban man that Afsana had hired. Aseara had not hired the man after she’d taken over; it had been a promise for taking over the Red after all. Still, the Oban only knew how to make Oban food and Aseara had been more than relieved when he’d been offered a better job elsewhere. With more and more foreigners passing through Oba, Aseara had been waiting for this kind of opportunity for a while now. She wasn’t about to let such a cook slip away.

“It’s nice to meet you Phaedra. I’m Aseara, I’m the owner,” She gave Phaedra a smile. “The days here are very long, but everyone is usually up by noon. That’s when the first meal should be served. Then, dinner is served at six. Some of our patrons come in to eat during that time as well. Most will snack as well between noon and six and then have a little something after six closer to eleven at night. I let them snack whenever they want pretty much.” Aseara paused thinking if there was anything else she was missing. “Do you think this is acceptable?”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:16 pm
Tasinei

Aseara. A lovely name. Though it did surprise her a little to know that the woman before her was the owner of the place. She didn't seem like the business type. She was also quite small in the waist. Phaedra could guess from that and her clothing that the woman was a dancer. When she was told of the hours and when each meal would be expected she thought about it and nodded her head. "That seems perfectly fine." Though she was a little curious.

"Would it be possible to have the snacks already made and waiting so I wouldn't have to stay late?" Phae wouldn't argue if she was told no she just wanted to figure out how much free time she would have to spend with Bushi.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:23 am
Heras Box

“Good.” Aseara nodded her head, turning into another corridor as she headed for the kitchens.

“Oh yes of course, I think that’s what our old chef did. You’ll also have some hands to help you; we’ve got a man from Zena and a woman from Sauti who also help in the kitchens. I believe you can leave things for them to do once you’re gone.” She was pretty sure that’s what the other guy did before he’d left.

“Ah here we are,” Aseara turned into the kitchen. There the Zenian man was cutting up some local fruits while the woman from Sauti was unpacking the days groceries. “So this is the kitchen.” It was a large square room with an island in the middle. Most of the pots, pans, and cooking utensils hung from the ceiling and two stoves were on one side and then two grills. The rest of the place had shelves lines with jars of goods. Sacs of items were on the ground.

“What do you think?” She turned to give Phaedra a smile.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:27 am
Tasinei
(( Just adding in that she is expecting. XD ))

She smiled as she was told that she would be allowed to pre-make the snacks. Phaedra didn't want to cheat the woman out of quality work so she was thrilled to know that there would be helpers. The leafling could easily teach them how to make the simple snacks just in case more were needed and having them to help her with more complex meals would be great as well.

Once she was show the kitchen she grinned. "It's lovely." Phaedra was used to cooking in a smaller area but she could adjust. There were no worries there. Then she looked at Aseara and bit her lip slightly. "Are children allowed in here?" It was an odd thing to ask for sure but she wanted to know ahead of time since she was expecting. It was likely that she would have her little one(s) with her at some point. "The building I mean. I wouldn't let them near the food or fire." She was more than a little careful when kids were involved.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:05 am
Heras Box

“Children?” Aseara blinked a few times, it wasn’t an overly odd question to receive. Aseara had a few girls who had small children staying with them. Aseara had her own triplets in the building; she was certainly in no position to deny anyone. If Phaedra had children, they would be welcomed here too.

“Yes, I myself have my own triplets stay with me and a few of the other girls do as well. The rules are the same for everyone though, no children in the front rooms where our gusts are. I don’t mind if they stay in the kitchen with you in a safe area, I’m more so worried about disturbances to the guests.”

“Do you need any housing? I can house you here; the head chef room is quite large if I remember correctly. How many children do you have?” They also had a few girls who weren’t on duty to watch children; otherwise Aseara knew she couldn’t get any work done.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 pm
Tasinei

She gave a small nod. Then Aseara said she had triplets and Phaedra blinked a few times before she went wide eyed. "Oh my! So many at once." She couldn't help but look at the woman's figure. She looked good for having so many babies at one time. Then Phae blushed a little at having been so obvious with her surprise. "Ah, sorry. You are the only woman I have met to have had triplets."

When the mention of housing came up she shook her head slightly. "Oh, no. I have a place to stay. And.. my children aren't uhm.. born yet." The brunette glanced down at her own belly. There wasn't much of a tell now but in a few months she would be big. "I won't be in town when they are born, but afterward I could start cooking. If you don't mind waiting for me that is." Now that was the tricky part.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 pm
Heras Box

“I am the only women I know to have had triplets too!” Aseara laughed, people said that a lot to her. She didn’t mind it at all; she saw it as quite the accomplishment! “So many at once and I still want more!” She chuckled, brushing across her stomach lightly. They would have more, once the triplets were a little older than they were now and didn’t need as much attention as they used too.

“Oh!” Aseara turned towards Phaedra glancing down at her stomach. She clapped her hands once. “Congratulations! Children really do change everything.” The next part though she hadn’t expected, it made her thoughtful for a few moments.

“When are you due? Would you be able to cook before your child is born? How long after would you start after the birth?” These were all important questions, she was glad she had her own housing though because finding a room that was apart from everyone would have been tricky so they could sleep even if the baby cried.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:07 pm
Tasinei

She chuckled a little. "You are a brave woman!" Phaedra wasn't so sure she would be able to have more than three. And she certainly didn't want them all at once. Phae thanked her for the congrats on her pregnancy then gave her attention to the questions.

"Mm, I am hoping to stay here until a month before the baby is due. I still have a while for that." Besides, she needed to stay in the city until Bushi's friend came back with information about Mano and Kyrian. And if they were going to come meet her then she would stay even longer. "I can teach some recipes to the others for when I am gone though. I wouldn't want to leave you without someone." As for how long after.. well she didn't know really.

"If everything goes well then perhaps two months after the birth. To give me time to heal before I travel." The woman just hoped that it wouldn't be too long.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:04 am
Heras Box

Aseara made the mental calculations in her mind, that gave them a while to set something up for the few months she would be gone. It gave them time to train someone who could replace her as well while she was gone. It would be three maybe four months and that really wasn’t a big deal.

“That sounds fine to me,” Aseara nodded. “How far along are you, do you know?” she wondered why Phaedra intended on getting out of Oba to have her children, but she didn’t judge and it would probably be rude to ask.

“Also do you think it would be possible to teach someone to be head chef for a little bit?”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:18 pm
Tasinei

The fact that Aseara was alright with her small leave made her relax a little. Phaedra was pleased. When she was asked about how far along she was she slowly shook her head. "I'm not sure but the healer I saw said I was at least two months." It could be more but she didn't think so.

"Oh, of course! I can train others." Phaedra smiled at that. Even though others might think that teaching her trade to others would endanger her job she was happy with the idea of teaching.  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff