Reply ashdown
[prp] as you were (gloom/thorne) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:25 pm
Objectively, and in retrospect, it was a poor idea to scry while emotionally compromised. Thorne did it anyways. The shadows in Coalsmoke stretched and hissed and grew around him as he lowered himself to the floor and let them steal his sight, the disconnect like a chord popping out or a wire fraying the connection between two things.

He was there and then not.

Show me Mare, he told the shadows, but his attention burns out, and Thorne knows he's made a mistake as quickly as he blinks out of his body and into the dark.

For a harrowing amount of time that could be minutes, hours, days - he doesn't know - Thorne claws and scrabbles between images, fracture lines, shadows showing different places, Ashdown - Other Ashdown - and the liminal darkness in between.

And then -

Something bobs before him, not quite a shadow, but something else.

It has - ears?

azuredreams
HI SHADOW FRIEND

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 am
There is a place, a space between that Gloom exists in. It is how he travels, it is his place, it is shadows.

White glowing eyes blink and something - rather a someone - becomes more and more solid. A surprised squeak escapes and his shadows fluff up like a normal animal would when startled.

"How are y'in shadows?!?!"

elkbones
biggrin DD

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:14 am
Thorne startles too, because this is completely unlike anything he has ever known before and has ever encountered before. His body is still stuck in Coalsmoke somewhere. The physical one, at least.

"I'm not sure," Thorne says, or thinks he says. He can't really feel his lips. Scrying is strange. "I think I'm - lost."

He goes to gesture and wonders if Gloom can see it.

"I can look into other places through shadows but - " He pauses, wrangles with the words. "I'm sorry, wait a moment. What - who are you?"

azuredreams
>V< <3333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:03 am
Gloom does see and watches as Thorne's hand moved, the way the shadows clung to his fingers and then parted.

"M'Gloom," he responded, shadows wisping up off of him and merging with the rest. His form is just barely outlined, the white glow of his eyes what really gives him away. "The Playful One," he chittered, "or the Friendly One." If he was at court but Gloom had made that one up recently when he had been last.

Playful One simply was not acceptable for the seriousness of the court.

"Y'shouldn't be getting lost in shadows. That isn't good." Another chitter escaped. "Gloom has not met someone else who is shadows before."

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:19 pm
"Hello," Thorne says again, trying to figure out the body around the white, glowing eyes, "My name is Thorne." He makes a soft noise in the back of his throat, feels restless without full control of his body, somewhere off screen.

"I know," Thorne sighs out, "I didn't mean to. It's been a rough week."

He adds, shakily, "Do you think you can help? I kind of miss my body."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:30 pm
Gloom sees Thorne as he should be in his night form. The shadow marten shifts, tail twitching and it's movements visible. "It is nice to meet ya Thorne."

He blinks, the white of his eyes no longer visible and he's gone. At least until even in Thorne's not-quite form he can feel a faint weight upon him. "Gloom can help y'get back. Can y'show me where y'came from?"

e1kbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:42 pm
Thorne says, "Very nice to meet you too."

He tilts his head at Gloom, or at least he thinks he does. "Thank you," he says, and then, "Um. Let me try..."

The shadows shift, and Thorne blinks past Gloom at Other Ashdown's washed out version of Coalsmoke for the span of two seconds before it is dragged away again.

"Oh," Thorne says, "But the other one. On my side."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:06 pm
Gloom watched as the shadows shifted and listened. It was new that someone was able to do something like this. "Gloom does not remember the last time someone could do this ..."

His head was carefully tucked underneath Thorne's chin, body curled close. "Can take you there. Y'just got to hold onto Gloom." The shadow marten let out a chitter, as if he was speaking to the shadows, and they darkened around the both of them.

It was nothingness.

Thorne's eyes would see nothing but the dark. Then, as if his body realized he had been holding his eyes shut, he would blink and he was back in Coalsmoke.

With a slightly more solid (but still not heavy) black as pitch creature on his shoulders.

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:50 pm
"Have you been here for a very long time?" Thorne asked, and realized that Gloom was now tucked under his chin. It was strange and pleasant - something he could get used to. He held on as instructed, and then -

Oh.

He was back.

Coalsmoke loomed around them. It smelled of paint and ink, unfinished things. The far wall was decorated with the night sky. Thorne looked over at Gloom.

"Thank you," he said fondly to the strange creature on his shoulders. He reaches up, tentative, to touch if Gloom allows it. "Is it alright?" he asks softly. And then - "What are you exactly, if you don't mind my asking?"

He lets his form unfurl into wings and antlers and glowing galaxies. The shadows still swirl at his feet, restless and nipping.

"You're very kind," he adds.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:58 pm
"Gloom is young but old," he admitted, body stretching underneath the hand that touched him. A quiet rumble escapes, a low purr, and he enjoys the attention.

"Thorne is welcome." There is an excited chitter that escapes, especially when shadows appear at Thorne's feet and his form changes. This one-

This one is shadows like him!

"It is okay!" Yet here he is something that is not quite a marten or a weasel made of dark fur and eyes that looked blind. He pressed against Thorne's face, nuzzling it affectionately because this was something special. "Y'are kind to shadows, like Gloom who is shadows."

Compliments are forgotten in light of this fact.

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:08 am
"Oh," Thorne says and blinks and wonders at this creature, "I see. Well, I'm glad I was able to meet you, Gloom."

He smiles at Gloom, a tired but fond expression. His wings shuffle and arc. He touches a fawn spot with one finger before continuing to pet the shadow creature. He settles with his legs crossed, the warehouse around him singing of emptiness, loneliness.

"The shadows are gentle," Thorne responds, and presses his hand to the floor. The darkness swells out from his fingertips, but he has learned now to resist its pull. "I feel comfortable with them. With you. I'm glad though to have made a friend from the shadows who speaks in full sentences."

He rubs a thumb across the floorboards, like petting a sentient thing, his other hand giving Gloom an affectionate pet in return.

"I could have been lost for a long time if you hadn't found me."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:12 am
"Shadows are also greedy," he told Thorne. "Y'got to be careful with them. Especially if they are being y'eyes." Gloom noses at the fawn spots on Thorne's cheek before he settles on the man's shoulders and submits to all the pets.

All of them. Don't doubt it.

"Y'are just learning, aren't ya?" Gloom's tail swished side to side. "Gloom would find y'no matter what if y'are in shadows." There was a soft sound next. "Gloom is glad he found Thorne."

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:45 pm
"So I've found," Thorne responded, exhaling, "but they don't seem to mean harm. At least, most of them." He leaned into the touch to the fawn spots with a little laugh, running his fingers gently over the shadow creatures ears and fur. It was fascinating and cute, and he did not mind it at all.

"Yeah," he responded, "It only... emerged a week or two ago. The first time I was lost for hours." He smiled, softly, a laughter low and gentle in his throat. "I'm glad you found me too. And I'll make sure to call out if I ever get lost again."

He nuzzled Gloom gently with his head.

"The reverse is true as well though," he said, meaning it, "If you ever need me, or just want company, I'll be around. I know even darkness can be lonely sometimes."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:28 pm
"There are bad shadows," Gloom told him seriously, "but most are playful and friendly. Like Gloom." He really did enjoy the pets, tail swishing back and forth pleasantly. Finding a friend that was shadows was good!

"Y'can call for Gloom anytime y'lost in shadows." The shadow marten nosed once more at the fawn spots, perhaps a little more intently than before. Shadows wisped up and off of him, brushing against Thorne's face and then Gloom's. One of the fawn spots that was on Thorne's cheek was now gone. Yet somehow it had made it's way to the shadow's marten face, right below his left eye.

"Gloom will always find Thorneshadow. Gloom promises." There was a soft, pleased chitter at the last bit and he bobbed his head in agreement. "Shadows will not be lonely if there is someone else now."

elkbones
SHADOW THIEVERY!

gloom has taken one of thorne's night king fawn spots as his own. however! this serves as a small promise between gloom and thorne that should he become too lost while shadow scrying the shadow creature will always be able to find him and lead him back.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:50 pm
Thorne laughed.

"I think that is true of all things," he responds, "but I think you are my favorite shadow so far." He couldn't help the fondness he felt for the little shadow creature, the tail flicking and the way this magical being didn't seem intent on harm.

"I'll make sure to do so," he remarked and blinked as shadows brushed his face. He watched, mesmerized, as Gloom stole one of his fawn spots. A laugh fled his mouth, uncaught. "Well now, we match."

His grin was easy, happier than it had been in a few days.

"Thank you, Gloom," he said softly, rubbing a thumb over Gloom's new fawn spot, "Feel free to call me if you ever get lonely yourself."

azuredreams
YAAAAA gloom is my fave q q

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas