Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Completed ORP and Meta
[META ORP] JOURNEY ~ To the Desert Obelisk! [p. 16] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are dogs everywhere. Or at least, that's how it feels: a flurry of little ones, what appears to be a wolf, and a strange, large hound, the green and soil of the Swamp's edge showing dully through its translucent red body. Chief amongst them is a pink sand dog, bright and striking, darting about the heels from Kin to Kin, sniffing and barking sharp yips to the rest of the pack, who duly pad around, offering their own quick sniffs and yelps.

Off to a side neatly stands a Kiokote, as pink as the sand dog, but not nearly as bright - or loud. "Hallo!" she calls to each newcomer in a soft, lilting voice instead, "thanks for coming! We're just getting ready."

The call had spread like wildfire through the Swamp - largely because it had originated from the Royal Rainbow Troupe, and the Royal Rainbow Troupe are notorious gossips who got everywhere. It seemed there was scarcely a Kin who had not heard the news. Of course, how many would join is another matter. The expedition to the plains had safely returned, far-eyed and exhausted, but hardly the worse for wear after a few days' rest, and that is a mark in its favour. But this journey is to the desert, and the desert is unforgiving, and much farther yet than the plains.

Still, surely they would come...

Quote:
OOC NOTE: Hallo to all and thank you so much for joining us on this adventure! The Meta puzzle has been completed on p16! Make your travel decisions here while you still can!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Home.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He hadn't heard the sounds that he'd associated with home, or thought about really hearing them again much, in a long time. But Singing Sand had come from the Desert first, and he dreamed often of its ever-shifting landscape. It was weird to think that someone - anyone - could think it was a possibility, to go to the Desert again. But he'd heard about the expedition to the plains, and had definitely seen that, well, kin had left the swamp. And no one could say how the majority of the group had returned - or why they showed up, suddenly, at the foot of the swamp obelisk, without first passing through the rest of the swamp. But he still thought -

Well, to see his home again, he'd endure anything. He was happy to see the sand dogs frolicking (and of course he'd brought along his own dear, sweet canines), but he was looking for something a little bigger. Hooved. Well - an acha. He'd heard there was an acha at the center of all this. Right? But in the center was just a sweet Kiokote, who seemed to be watching the dogs and the proceedings with fondness. "And this is the right place? The - we're traveling to the desert?" he called to her, his nerves showing in his tone. She did have a lovely voice, what little he'd heard, and the sound of the dogs - and the wolf - interacting was pleasant, too. Even if it was the wrong place he'd be happy to have ventured forth, if he was hearing sounds like these again.

He looked at the other kin who were beginning to filter in. "That's what we're here for, right?" There was an awful lot of kin here. He hoped that was a good sign, about being in the right place, and that he hadn't just hopped into the middle of some tribe or other's exclusive meeting.  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:49 pm
Among the flurry of motion sat a single black owlcat. It was content to sit largely unseen, and did not particularly stick out. Indeed, save for the odd flickering of its tail, it was entirely black and blended in quite finely in the shadows. Its gaze followed the pack of hounds with some amusement, but beyond that it did little else.

The owlcat too, it seemed, would be coming along whether or not anyone noticed or invited it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:33 pm

The cream sand dog whined a little anxiously as it looked over at the lone owlcat, but the pink one only returned its comrade a dismissive bark. The Kiokote paid none of that any mind, stepping towards the Acha as she gracefully inclined her head.

"Yes!" she said, sounding genuinely happy to be of help, "this is the right place! We will leave for the desert as soon as everyone has gathered. Thank you for your patience!"

thyPOPE

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Breach had no intention of traveling into the desert. The idea of a place where water was sparse made her entire soul shudder in disgust and her mind implode with a chant of death. Until a snarling buck had seen her revulsion and called her a coward, at which point, she'd used some very disapproved of words. And now, she was here.

"Why the desert?" she murmured to herself as she took in the many sanddogs and few other canines. There weren't terribly many kin present yet which only made her more anxious. Less kin also made her nerves more apparent as her hooves scratched at the earth. She wanted to go back to the ocean. The journey back to the swamp was not meant to be an autumn stay. She was still connected to it, there were family members she missed when by the swelling waves of the seaside. But then here, the sting of salt and rustling crash of water made her sick for the place that felt like home.

Perhaps if she had been an acha, she would have--"Do any of you remember the desert you came from?" she asked, suddenly, of the acha around. Maybe they would paint a lovelier picture of it than her own mind did.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:02 pm
Mirewood had been a recent friend, and upon hearing that he was willing to go on an expedition to see the sands, she'd allowed Outcry to accompany him on the journey for protection. Jester was new, only appearing recently from the desert, and had claimed to be a traveler. But when he'd come to the swamp about a month ago, he'd found himself... stuck. The Ache didn't bother him, too much. The swamp was big enough and there were so many kin here to wander around in.

But this was an opportunity for travel he couldn't bear to miss, and if he could keep everyone's spirits upbeat during the trip, that would make his day one bite better.
He wandered in among the three, and the pack of hounds, and smiled awkwardly at Outcry, who only whined lowly in his throat at the onslaught of sounds and smells, completely baffled by why this acha had dragged him out here to begin with instead of staying home with Mirewood, but he ducked his head and toddled along all the same. Jester wasn't shy in the slightest, and met the Kio, fellow acha, kimeti doe, and all their pets with some enthusiasm. "Hello there! I've only heard rumors of this thing the expedition is going to see; I'm mostly along for the ride... and maybe some adventure if anything interesting pops up along the way," he said and bowed graciously. "I'm Jester. This is Outcry, he belongs to a friend, but she seemed rather vexed about this whole ordeal and insisted he come along with me," he said, eyeballing the glaring wolf, warily.

He considered the kimeti doe's question and tilted his head. "I used to live there. My family was a troupe of traveling entertainers, and recently started wandering toward the swamp. I went ahead of them, got lost, and now here I am... I've been everywhere, until I got stuck here, except the mountains. I had no idea of the Ache - is that what they call it? - when I arrived. But since I just got here, this expedition is just so perfectly on point for me," he said cheerily.  

Pigxels

Ghost

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 pm
User Image

Ochre hadn't heard who would be leading this trip, only that a large group of kin were planning to journey to the desert. So she'd rounded up all her dogs and went off to meet them, hoping one specific Acha was going to be there as well. Though, to be fully honest, Ochre would be just as happy if any of the other Acha she'd come to the swamp with were joining as well. But, and this she'd likely never admit this to anyone, the chance to meet Red-stained Blossom again was basically the only reason Ochre decided to join. The swamp was her home now, as much as the desert was back then.

Reaching the group, her dogs dancing around her in some game of tag, Ochre looks around. Not seeing the Acha she'd hoped to find, she gives a little sigh. Until she notices the large red spectral hound. Grinning, Ochre trots up to the pink Kiokote greeting everyone. "Have you seen the owner of the large red hound?" she asks.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was unthinkable for Watch Me not to be here. The moment he had found out there would be an expedition to the desert, he had swooned on the spot. It had taken the troupe ten whole minutes to rouse him (done with a wet tail slap to the face courtesy of Prize) and afterwards he had not stopped talking about it. The possibility made him feel like he could fly, as if destiny had was awarding him for all his good behaviour. This was meant for him and of course all the lovely Acha’s... and anyone else who might want to come along.

It had also become somewhat of a family affair; his daughter, his lovely dear daughter with her soft smile and softer heart and his always friend and sometimes lover running around barking and being adorable. He was hoping other members of the tribe would attend, follow their leader into the unknown but even if none of them did, it couldn’t dampen his spirits.

Prize certainly would not be attending, despite Watch Me’s best theatrics. She’d looked disgusted at the mere thought of returning to the desert, muttering something about hot sand getting everywhere. Oh well, someone did have to take care of everything to make sure nobody fell on their face doing a somersault or somehow sabotaged the entire group and stole half away to begin a new tribe.

Perfect Star was not present either, much to Watch Me’s dismay. His roly poly puppy was a little bit too roly poly and he didn’t want his sweet little pupper to get too tired on the trip.

But oh, the desert! The plains had no hold on him, it was the desert that called him home. A birthright he had never been able to claim.

Welcome everybody!” he called boisterously because even if he wasn’t technically in charge he was still a very important part of this mission. Possibly the most important part but he would keep that to himself.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Beauty Past Compare had been sneakily (or so she'd imagined) snooping around the Royal Rainbow Troupe, weighting up its efficacy for her personal self-development and performing prowess, when she heard of this journey to the desert. Putting off her thoughts of membership, she decided she perhaps, would go to see what it was all about. Having been born in the swamp, Beauty Past Compare had never seen the desert before, and felt that, since her parents were both Acha, it was proper to visit her species' origins and bask in her Acha heritage - for was she not a jewel of the desert also?

She graced the growing gathering, stepping into the crowd with dainty little steps and a pleasant smile. Her eyes swept past the current attendants, and she settled next to the less occupied Acha buck, nodding at his little companions.

"I've never been to the desert," she whispered theatrically, batting her eyelashes in a display of maidenly shame. "Is it...beautiful?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The cool air of the swamp brushed his pelt gently as he stepped from the shade of the trees and out toward the fringes of the gathering. His calm eyes taking in each and every kin gathered, along with their companions, carefully and happily. Rolling Mist smiled, if not a bit shyly, but kept his distance until he felt brave enough to venture closer. It took him several minutes.

Being mute he had quite the time trying to get acquainted with others, especially in large groups, and therefore he didn't rush the process. It tended to confuse people. He spied the Kio that appeared to be in charge and smiled her way. An adventure! He was beyond excited really. His last encounter with the Obelisk was.. a troubling affair. The puzzle had been fun to decode, and he had made a few new friends, but the aftermath had left a mark on his soul. One he was still coming to grips with. The nightmares.. they made him ill and made restful sleep difficult to achieve anymore. In some way he hoped this journey would help. Would bring him clarity or, at the very least, some peace and understanding.

Either way he needed to be here. To strike out and continue his search. There was no turning back from this task. He ambled over to a patch of grass and gave it a snuffle, the cool, moist scents of Matope filling his senses and bringing him ease. He wanted to remember this smell, it would help him prepare for this journey into territories unknown. The Desert. He had only ever heard stories. Now he would see it for himself.

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Thanks for coming!" Tender called cheerfully to the newcomers as the Acha buck was quickly monopolised, then shifted her hooves in surprise as a veritable cavalcade of hounds gamboled over with an Acha doe.

"What pretty puppies!" she exclaimed, "oh - Mama? Yes, Mama is just making sure we can keep track of everyone right now, and will be with us in a moment!"

She cocked her head curiously. This Acha, the colour of shifting sands...she looked like someone she should know from her mother's tales.

Not far away, the pink sand dog kicked up its heels and capered a little, before sobering up and sniffing around at all the new arrivals. There was a job to do, and it wouldn't be long now...

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Unforgotten had heard the call and came due to curiosity. He was kind of new around and didn't know anyone in the group that was assembling, but he was determined to meet more kin. He was happy to see the large group gathered at the meeting spot, altough a part of him was very nervous. 'What if they don't like me?' he worried to himself.

Speedy, who was beside him, yelp for joy. This was the first time he's seen so many kin gathered in one place.

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:03 pm
Ochre looks surprised, but very pleased, at the news, both bits of it. "I haven't seen Red-stained Blossom in forever. I'm glad to meet you! Your mother and I were part of the same group that came from the desert." Ochre says, tamping down the temptation to flood the Kiokote with questions. Better she wait for Red-stained Blossom and ask her. After the journey, Ochre promises herself, her friend will have enough to do as it is.

Baby and Rainbow, catching a scent that is both familiar and not, break away from he rest of Ochre's dogs. They head right for the group being led by a very pink sand dog, they approach cautiously, neither wanting to start a fight. Ochre pays little mind to them, being used to her dogs coming and going, and knowing they are well behaved enough to not cause troubles. In fact, most of the other start to wander a bit, sizing up the kin pets around and seeing if any will play. Bubbles being the only who stays close, practically glued to Ocher's side, as if she thinks something will happen should she leave the doe's side.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she offers, with so many kin and pets things will be hectic, and any little bit she can do would be well worth it to be able to make this trip again. "My pack is pretty good at hunting, and generally work well with others.

Jun D
I forget exactly how long they've known each other, did they meet before or during the journey to the swamp?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh!" Tender cried at the realisation, "you must be Auntie Ochre! Mama has spoken so often of you! I am so happy to meet you here!"

She bounced a little on the spot, excited to come face to face with a figure who'd featured so prominently in her mother's (rather dramatic) recollections.

"Mama has a handle on things right now," she replied, "but I'm sure your beautiful pack will be very helpful when we're on our way, and needing food. Mama must be so happy you are here, she misses you! And - oh, there is my Papa!"

She nodded enthusiastically at Watch Me, naively certain that Mama's friend would be interested in what Mama has been up to, these past years.

"Oh, hello!" she called out as another Acha arrived, "thanks for coming! We'll be on our way, soon!"

EDITsheepcake
I think they knew each other before setting off, 'cos they're both artists! <3
EDITRuriska
EDITCascadingRayn

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:04 pm

"That..." a frown began to pull at one corner of her mouth. It might have told her a bit about the half-fluffy acha but it told her little about the actual desert they'd be journeying to. "Maybe you'll see them on our journey," she offered instead.

As it was, she was beginning to feel out of place. There were quite a few achas showing up and only one other kimeti thus far. A part of her wanted to find that buck who had called her a coward, invite him to the ocean, and drown him. And while she really had no interest in the sand or heat, the ruminations of an obelisk were a mystery that she had yet to see. Takeback would never let her live it down if she got scared; Giveforward would just nuzzle her until she grew sick of it.

Breach ambled away from the exuberant acha, seeing all the familiars--mostly canine--running around. Another reason she felt out of place. She had no companions. Just siblings and two mothers. With a sigh, she wondered if she even belonged here. The ocean felt like home, so really why did she need to see the desert...

Pigxels

Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces