azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:16 am
It was a knock on his door - a very low to the ground knock to his door - that Marcus would hear. It was promptly followed by a very quiet chitter, the sound of shuffling paws, and then - in that sweet, soft voice, "Marcusfriend?"

There was definitely a very primly standing on his hind legs, paws pressed to the door now, Gloom that was visiting. Though he was no longer dressed as he had been at the ball, no, he was back to being not quite a marten or a weasel black as pitch creature with his odd not-blind white eyes.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:08 pm
Marcus wasn't expecting company that day. In fact he was not expecting any company for the next 3 days and when the knock on his door came, he jumped from in his kitchen, nearly spilling microwaved tea all over himself as he scrambled to answer the door.

His paranoia didn't really kick in until his hand was on the knob, as which point he stopped, looked out the peep hole and saw... no one. Which made sense he mused, because the only being he knew that called him 'Marcus Friend' wasn't tall enough to be seen anyway from the peep hole.

Picking up an umbrella, (very useful for deflecting rain and attackers or government kidnappers), Marcus swung the door open with a little more force than needed. "Oh thank goodness." He relaxed, putting the umbrella where it had been.
"I almost thought it might be well- never mind. It's been a while yeah? Come on in." The door remained open for the shadow marten, and Marcus went into his typical habit of what to do when a guest came by.
"Can I get you anything? Water, Tea...." He paused. Water and tea was all he had.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:59 am
Gloom nearly jumped, not so shadowy tail floofing up at the sudden swing of the door.

"It has been a while, yes," he replied, fur smoothing out as he came inside and stood once more on his hind legs to look around the house. White eyes blinked, looking upwards.

"Gloom brought Marcusfriend something not-" There was almost a look of surprise on his face, as if he was not really used to someone offering him a drink.

... and he wasn't.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:30 am
Marcus kept looking at Gloom for a short while, expecting a reply but then it dawned on him. Gloom was short. And small. And Marcus's house must be a rather large place for the begin to suddenly be expected to navigate.
"Ah sorry." Bending down to Gloom's level, he offered an arm.
"The kitchen is a little ways down if you'd like me to take you there. I might have a few snacks too if you're hungry." He had heard that Gloom had brought him something but first things first, being a polite host.

"You don't have to. You're free to make yourself at home, I just figure that traveling from the other place might be a bit.. exhaustive is all."

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:36 am
Gloom was, as he was like to be, not shadows but fur as black as pitch and cool to the touch. When the arm was offered he, very gently, made his way up to settle on Marcus's shoulders.

"Gloom will remember in the future." A brief pause. "It is okay to visit and come inside?" Permission was a very big deal. "... it is only tiring if Gloom tries to be shadows here. Sometimes it hurts but getting here doesn't or going back."

Then those white eyes of his widened as the realization that snacks had been mentioned. "Does Marcusfriend have tastykakes?"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:50 am
Gloom climbing up Marcus's arm to settling on his shoulders got a small smile from Marcus as he reached up giving a brief scratch under the being's chin.
"Of course. I invited you didn't I? Besides, I like having company over." he paused. "You can stay too if you like. So long as you don't break things, its a non issue for me." As much as Marcus was reluctant to admit it, he got lonely. Living alone was hard sometimes, and so guests, even unexpected ones were almost always a bright spot in his day.

Walking to the kitchen, Marcus began a slow hum of a wordless tune, reaching into the cabinet to get a small saucer and cup. The keurig took a while but soon enough the tea was ready, and Marcus gave Gloom another scratch before reaching into the pantry and pulling out a package of individual pound cakes.
"Do you want strawberries and whipped cream?"
He hadn't offered the other various desserts. Each one perhaps more sugary than the last.

The secret was out, Marcus had a terrible sweet tooth.
And he also had a very decent variety of balsamic vinegars and olive oils.

azuredreams
Marcus is a foodie sue me

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:09 am
Gloom let out a pleased rumble, glad to have permission. "Gloom cannot stay always but Gloom will visit Marcusfriend lots then." Because friends should not be lonely and Gloom, such as he was, knew lonely souls when he met them.

He was trying, valiantly, to not just slide off of Marcus as he was gathering things because there were smells. Good ones.

Also scratches. Very good.

"Gloom can have both?" he asked in a small gasp. "At one time?!"

iStoleYurVamps
look, he's from OAD. have u had the food? it's bland and it sucks. of course he would like sweets and things with lots of flavor. the court is an exception to the bland rule.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:28 am
That had Marcus laughing. Another scratch and Marcus got out the strawberries from the fridge along with the whip cream. A small plate, a few fresh strawberries and a perhaps too generous topping of whip cream later, and Gloom had a fairly large serving of strawberry shortcake all for himself.
Fork included, (just for politeness sake).

"Thank you. For visiting I mean. After all that's happened-" He let out a small sigh though his smile persisted, if melancholic.
"It's been hard to come to terms with it all. Life on this side seems much the same and yet-" Another scratch.
"But I'm sure you didn't come visit to hear me all mixed up about that party. How have you been? Getting more shinnies I hope."

The walk to the living room was short and setting the cake down along with the tea, Marcus pored a small amount into the saucer. A cup for gloom would likely have just tipped over. Still, Marcus waited for Gloom to have the first drink or bite.
"Still leveling up alright?"
azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:09 am
Gloom let out a pleased noise, something between a purr and a chirp (which was so odd). "Gloom just wanted to visit Marcusfriend to make sure he was okay."

... it did not need to be said why he did because Marcus himself touched upon it. "Got lots of new shinies! Lots. Gloom has been keeping them safe and-" Then he shushed a moment, clearly about to spill a secret he was not ready to spill yet.

When the man settled, Gloom wound his way down off of Marcus's shoulders but only after touching his nose to the man's cheek briefly. "Grinding is hard," he admitted, paws up and pressing to either side of the saucer and sniffing at it. Then, of course, he was trying it out a moment later.

A squeak escaped.

"This is really good!"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:30 pm
Truthfully, Marcus was less than okay. He hadn't dealt with death well before the incident at the court, or in the woods, and his first realization of a close death had caused him to completely disassociate.

Now, he'd seen a death firsthand, knew people who knew the victim. It was surreal and as much as he wanted to pretend it hadn't happened, or, wasn't real? It was, very much so and the fact was just worse in that even if he wanted to talk about it, he hardly had anyone to talk about it with.

"Grinding is hard, but it's how we get better. Nothing worth doing is ever easy as the saying goes." Sipping at the tea after Gloom's enthusiastic taste made him smile, that melancholic gaze vanishing.

"I am mostly fine though. A bit shocked over what happened and nervous of whats to come, but, that's typical of anything in my life. I do have a date later this week however, so, that'll be nice." Another sip, he could feel color in his cheeks. Normalcy was so pleasant when it wasn't utterly terrifying.

"I'm glad you like the tea. Don't have any shinies for you today though. Unless pocket change counts but that seems.. lackluster." The smile brightened at the joke.
"How are things on the other side though? With you?" There was concern in his voice, and all in all, Marcus just worried.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:27 am
Gloom continued to have his treat, having to lick at his nose when some of it got on it. He rubbed at his face a bit with both paws, sitting back to look at Marcus. The nuances of human expression were sometimes lost but he could understand voice, he could understand smell. Gloom could tell there was sadness there.

"It won't happen again for a long while," he said quietly, "not like this. Marcusfriend will not have to worry about there being more loss like that, just like Gloom will not." His tail flicked from side to side, his ears briefly laid backwards before they perked forward.

"Date?" White eyes blinked, not understanding what that was exactly.

"Y'don't have to have shinies for Gloom. Gloom has plenty shinies." His head rested a moment on the coffee table, rolling to the side a moment before he straightened back up. "Things are ..." he chittered. "Restless. Changing. Gloom adapts."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm
He gave a small chuckle, petting Glooms soft head.
"Thanks. It means, well, it means a lot to me to hear that." Assurances were often hard to come by, and even harder to believe in. But Gloom was something else, and defied logic. Somehow, that made the shadow marten a little more reliable to Marcus's eyes.

"And yeah, I accidentally asked a guy out? Hard to explain in depth, but, it's when people go out in pairs or groups to enjoy each other's company with the intention to form a romantic relationship." Marcus figured that Gloom hadn't been exposed to some of the more delicate nuances of human relationships, given his use niche jargon.

"I'm looking forward to it. We'll be going ghost hunting." He paused. "Not for real though, just like, maybe haunted places." He sipped more at his tea, pink darkening his face.

"Don't change too much, else I won't recognize you. Plus, if you get any cuter, you'll get spotted by teenagers who will want to post for selfies with you." Marcus grinned at Gloom as if selfies were terrible things.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:58 pm
"Out?" Gloom still blinked, not quite getting it but pushing into the hand that petted him. "So y'are taking him somewhere? And that makes it special?" His tail swished side to side trying to understand.

Humans were strange sometimes alright.

"Y'should be careful, though ... Ghosts can be real." Especially in other ashdown but ... "Gloom won't change! Gloom will always be Gloom." There was an actual huff at the mention of selfies. "... and Gloom doesn't like selfies. They're weird."

Those things he understood.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:19 pm
Gloom was perhaps the easiest super natural being to be around. Curiosity was a trait Marcus always liked, given his own thoughts and inquiries of other things. "I am. It's like hanging out, but with the intention to be romantic, er, seduce in way." Not that he planned to get anything more than maybe a good night kiss. And that would be if he was lucky.

"Ghosts being real is still a concept I'm not thrilled about. I met one, and meeting one ghost was more than enough." As somber as saying that was, it did not seem to lessen his mood.

"We can agree on the selfies though. I mean I like looking at myself and know I look good but anything more than checking to make sure I am presentable for work in the morning and I don't have a cow lick is a bit much. Vanity only goes so far you know?" Another sip of his tea, he was half done with his cup.

"Thank you. For visiting I mean. There are not many I can talk to about things like this." Things like the supernatural, to just talk and not feel he had to justify his thoughts or fears. It was, as far as Marcus could guess, what it must have felt like to be normal.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:32 am
"Gloom is good for listening." The shadow marten was there in the next moment sitting on Marcus's feet, his front paws resting on his knees. His size seemed malleable. "Y'should get it out and not keep it inside."

He patted Marcus's knee softly with his paws, though he moved his entire body to do so.

Then, as if realizing what Marcus had said earlier. "Y'mean like ... what y'do with companions?" Those people in the magic box that one could get really, really close to. Also touch mouths together. Was that kissing? Who knew.

iStoleYurVamps

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces