Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:36 pm
It was a typical day in Sauti for him. He settled along side of a busy road before a town and even built himself a make shift stand. Rham had gotten up with the sun to do this and set all this up. He hung the most beautiful cloths closest to him, and sat himself on the ground on a pillow he had tucked away in his bag.

Through out the morning the peddler had a few customers, mainly elder women looking for fabric for a new dress. One time an actual tailor came and bought all the cloth he had of this soft, blue silk. So he'd made himself some nice coin, but it wasn't anything too extravagant.

During the lulls Rham's mind went back to Tumelo, that poor boy who was eighty-five pounds soaking wet. Thinking about him made the Wind man sad, honestly. Not wanting to think too hard about the boy, Rham shook his head and stood up to stretch out his cramping leg muscles. He pounded on his thighs with his fits lightly and then walked around and sighed. Maybe the ground wasn't the best place to sit, but until he saved up for some kind of cart, he'd make due.

Time to reel in more customers.

Glancing around, Rham saw a few people coming and going from the town up the road. The peddler pushed his hair back and began his schpeel.

"I've got the most beautiful cloth from all over Tale and Sauti! Come see! Fine silks, the softest cottons you'll ever feel in your life. All for a really good price! I've got some Oban reds, beautiful and vibrant!"

Kaname423

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:33 am
The trip to Sauti had felt longer than usual to Sathe, though she couldn't really understand why. Maybe it was because she was still reluctant to find out why Gaddok hadn't been returning her letters, or why she hadn't heard from him since the Oban war. She could feel her feet almost dragging at the idea, but eventually she had to face it, right?

She pulled her hair back from her face and rubbed a hand over her eyes. The day was still early, but Sathe had gotten a late start from the inn she had stayed in last night. The bed was just too comfortable for her to resist. She could hear someone calling out into the hazy Sauti air and she thought she saw something waving in the wind. Flags? Or... fabrics. Oh it was a fabric merchant. Sathe watched the vibrant and colorful fabrics dance in the wind and she put a smile on her face. Shopping would be a good break from her less than positive thoughts right now. And she was getting close to Iory anyways.

She approached the set up as the vendor called out to another group passing by. Brilliant Oban reds was right. They were pretty beautiful. So rich in color. She leaned in closer to look at some of the embroidery in one of the sets of fabric.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 pm
He saw the girl eyeing the red fabrics with gold patterns and he spread out one of the finest ones he had. It was covered in simple swirl designs, but the gold seemed to glitter in the sun, and the red was so rich and soft.

"The prettiest cloth for the prettiest lady," he said, flashing her a slow grin. "It's the finest I can afford. I got it on the border, not quite in Oba. It cost me a pretty penny, but I can sell it to you at a good price!" He licked his lips after a moment and then fished out a beautiful blue-green cloth with darker blue flowers seeming to decorate it. "This one, however, would go well with your pretty eyes."

That time he winked at her and then seemed to lay the two side by side. "And by the way.. my name is Rham."

kaname423

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:08 pm
Sathe was still studying the designs in the piece of fabric she was looking at when a voice spoke to her directly. She nearly jumped, she hadn't thought that he would have been so outspoken. Though that was silly of her, he was a merchant after all. If he wasn't outspoken she supposed he wouldn't really sell much, she internally corrected herself.

He pulled out two other pieces of fabric and her eyes held on the blue-green beauty he laid next to the Oban piece. She touched it gently. It felt smooth like silk. It was beautiful. "And where did this one come from?" She asked, her voice was soft, she was thinking too hard about this piece of fabric. Even if it didn't go well with her eyes like the merchant had said, it was still something Sathe would enjoy to have for herself.

His wink had a blush rising just under the surface of her skin, and she politely smiled back at him. "My name is Sathe. Pleasure to meet you." She reached out a hand to shake.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:20 am
"I got that from a Matori tailor that I happened to meet over drinks one night." He smirked. "He said it was inspired by the Shifters when he commissioned it made. Extra from a dress that he has trouble selling. I can't see why, it's beautiful." Laughing, Rham listened to her say her name during a blush and he just smiled wider at that.

"Sathe? I like that name..." He'd never heard that one before. Rham took her hand and shook it with a firm, but friendly grip, just taking his time with feeling how soft her hand was, if at all.

"So. You like the blue one? Tell you what. Instead of coin, you can buy it with dinner and drinks?"

kaname423

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:31 pm
Sathe listened to the story of the fabric with interest and nodded her head with agreement. "It is beautiful, I can't imagine it being hard to sell at all." She agreed. Matori cloth would be so exotic all the way in Sauti, Sathe couldn't imagine that it would have been hard for Rham to get rid of even now. Though truth be told she was planning on getting it for herself by the end of their meeting so he could consider it already sold.

Rham took her hand and her blush rushed across her tan skin, refusing to leave. He was so upfront. She stammered on her words, not really sure what to say. "I... um..." was all she could manage. Her thoughts flitted to Gaddok's face before she answered him again. "I would prefer to pay with coin." She hesitated. "A drink might be nice later on?" She offered.

She couldn't help but feel like she needed to know this man more before she could consider committing to something so upfront as a date.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:22 am
When she said she'd rather pay with coin, he put a hand to his chest and sucked in a breath. "I can live with that," he sighed out in an overly dramatic way. With a light laugh, Rham nodded. "That's fine. I was playing that up a bit. Paying with coin is more than okay. Don't feel obligated to ask me back out." He didn't say it with malice, and the smile he had looked completely honest.

"Is this one the only one you want?"

He was still flirty with her, holding out the other fabrics from before, shifting to hold them up to her arm to let her see them against her skin. "They both go really well."

kaname423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:47 pm
She was hoping she was letting him down gently, and when he overdramatically responded to her rejection she couldn't help but laugh. The salesman did have a very good humor to him.

He asked her if it was the only thing she wanted and she hesitated. "Well... I didn't have anything else in mind, but I'm always up to being sold on more." She joked with Rham. It had been a while since she had splurged and she did have quite a bit coin saved up at this point.

He held the fabrics up to her to test them out and Sathe couldn't help but like them both. "I do like them both, but is there anything else you might have? Anything yellow?" She questioned. She had a soft spot for yellows and oranges, and would love to fashion herself a new shirt.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:10 pm
At least he got her to laugh. Rham felt his face lighten up and then he considered her question. Not a lot of call for yellow, honestly, but he hummed. "I might.." He ducked into is bag of fabrics that were a bit harder to sell and pulled out something in a butter yellow with a cream swirled design. Setting it out and unfolding it for her, he looked at her face and shrugged.

"I have this one. I thought I'd be able to sell it but I've had it a little while now.." He shrugged at her a bit. "I think it'd look very good with your hair! White's such a fun color to work with."

kaname423
<3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:28 pm
Sathe waited in anticipation for Rham to look for whatever he might have in yellow. She had hoped that he would find something, and that she would like it. Yellow was a hard color to come by, especially moving north in Tendaji. It made Sathe think that maybe she should try visiting Oba some day. She heard they had an extraordinary amount of yellows and oranges in their fabrics.

Rham pulled the yellow cloth from his bundles and laid it out on the table. The swirl pattern was wonderful. She did like it a lot. "Oh it's great! I'll take it." She grinned. She would love to fashion it into a new shirt, or maybe even a wrap for her hair if she bungled the shirt. "How much would I owe you for all three?" She asked. She was being indulgent, but she really did want to splurge on herself, and she should every once in a while she had to remind herself.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:24 am
"I'll take three copper coins, if you don't mind. Discounted, of course." He grinned. Rham would probably keep flirting with her as long as she was around. He couldn't help it. Honestly she was stunning. Rham hadn't seen anyone like her before, the skin, the eyes, the hair. Fascinating. The wind male leaned forward getting close to her face before laughing and starting to bag it up. He had almost pushed his lips to hers. That'd scare her off and probably get him punched.

He rolled up the cloth very carefully, so he wouldn't wrinkle it anymore.

"So, you'll have to find me again and let me see how it looks on you. You know, in case someone else of your beautiful looks decides to buy from me. I could offer them similar colors."

kaname423

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:00 pm
Sathe wasn't a complete dunce. She could feel the obvious flirting that Rham was throwing at her, and really she fould it very flattering, but she didn't quite know what to make of it yet. She thought of her trip to Sauti and what had brought her out here in the first place.

It wasn't like she was ready to throw away her feelings yet, but she knew that this trip, it would decide what was going on with her life. She felt the blush rise to her face again at the mention of her looks.

She fumbled around in her bag and pulled out the three coins needed for the purchase. "I'll be sure to find you once I use them." She smiled to Rham. "You have to tell me though," she started up, "How often do you have to travel to have all of these wonderful fabrics? It must be hard to call any place your home."

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:09 pm
"I don't really have a home anymore. I just stay at inns or camp if I am not near a town. I'm usually around towns and village for up to three days gathering product, selling, getting information on prettier patterns. I people watch, see what's popular.." He hummed and handed her the bag of cloth before taking the coins. Rham actually held her fingers for a minute, squeezed and then let go and pocketed the coins.

"I am always travelling really."

Rham didn't think about home a lot. Else he might not actually travel anymore. He loved his family and friends he left behind, but he had to do his own thing. "..Maybe I should go home for a visit..." He hummed and tapped a coin on the make shift table he had fairly absently.

"Where do you hail from?"

kaname423

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:21 pm
She listened to him hum away his answer, talk about traveling, picking up and going, it was all rather romantic sounding and appealing, though she wasn't sure it was a life for her. She would be much too home sick. And if she did travel, how would she ever be able to make her clay wares?

She took the offered back from Rham and fashions it to her traveling bag, the warmth from his fingers still lingering on her skin. "I'm from Tale. Born and raised. But I do travel often to Jauhar usually. My sister lives out there and it's a wonderful source of clay, the ground is always so wet there to begin with." She answered him with a grin on her face. She tended to get excited when talking about her hobbies.

Peppermint Coffee

kaname423
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:26 pm
"Clay wares, huh? Fun! I've seen them being made. Seems like a lot of work that I'm not skilled for. " Long fingers wiggled before he laughed. "I'm fairly clumsy with my hands. When I get my cart, however, I might see about expanding to something besides cloth. Maybe sell pretty jewelry too.. If I can learn to make it." He doubted he'd be able to. Rham was simply not made to make things. He just had an eye for amazing fabrics.

"The cart I want is going to have a bed, storage space... It'll be so nice when travelling. I won't have to stay at an inn and if I like a place, I can stay for a long while."

Rham hummed. "Tale. Such a pretty place. Sauti is fun, too. I want to go to Yaeli and get fabric directly." Yaeli was quite the travel though. He'd definitely need his cart for that, and a sturdy companion to pull it. Lonely on top of it all.

"And Matori, and.. well, everywhere. I want to travel everywhere."

kaname423

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas