Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:12 am
Today was the day.

Mnyiri had spoken with Alassiel enough to know where to go for what could be the most spectacular find in her entire researching career! With more bags than a Sauti nomad weighing her down, each one filled with more tomes, scrolls, and loose paper than the last, Mnyiri meandered her way down the beach towards the specimen's home. She'd garnered enough attention just being in the area; her weird and often outlandish personality had secured it. In all honesty she was hoping the family would have already heard about her to spare time by doing introductions, but Mnyiri wasn't concerned.

Behind her trotted her faithful radaku, Mvua, who too had saddle bags filled with scrolls. He looked less than pleased to be assisting his mistress who seemed to be spending more time murmuring to herself than remembering where to walk. On occasion he would bump into her calf, nudging her this way and that to keep her on track.

Today she was coming prepared. She wasn't about to be caught off guard like last time. No no!

Heras Box

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 am
Masika giggled loudly as she moved away from the Janarim that matched her in color. The beast shook his whole body to get rid of the remains of water from his swim.

"Edaj!" She squealed. Reaching up she wiped some of the water droplets from her cheek. "Come sit so I can wipe down your scales." Masika wanted to make sure that her familiar was well cared for. Her goal was to have a bond with Edaj that could rival the one her mother had with Maha. Though it would be tough to accomplish.

The large animal snorted and all but flopped over into the sand. He made sure to keep his eyes on his person though. He was a vigilant protector of his blue companion.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:28 am
Painted Moose

A nudge to her leg made her look down at her familiars. So far she had both radaku with her and her perzi. Her Janarim was playing in the waves still. V'demhe smiled at them and reached down to pet each of their heads before lifting her gaze to keep an eye on her daughter.

Earlier that morning Masika had come to her asking if she could have a few lessons in training Edaj. Dem was happy to help. This was the aftermath. The Janarims had gone for a swim and now her daughter's familiar was getting a rub down. The tall woman relaxed and found a seat in the sand so that she could enjoy the company of her smaller beasts. Once she was on the ground another beast came out of the shadows, this one without legs and creating swirling designs in the sand. It was a keldari. The snake-like creature managed to make it all the way to V'demhe then prodded at her arm before curling around it and climbing to the woman's shoulder.

Dem seemed unphased by the addition. Instead her eyes remained on Masika. "Why don't you fully groom him, little water bug?" She called. "Check his claws and teeth to make sure they don't need special care." Dem wanted to guide her daughter into doing what was needed for the Janarim so that in the future it would be like second nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:51 am
Heras Box

Mvua spotted the grouping far before Mnyiri did. The naturally aggressive, ex-Alpha snarled, baring his teeth the moment he saw other radaku among them. It wasn't in his nature to be friendly with others who would challenge him, and as a rule the beast seemed to state up front that he was 'top dog'. If anyone wanted to test him they could fight it out, and if not he was just fine with that.

Hearing his commotion before hearing theirs, Mnyiri looked back at Mvua and placed a hand atop his snarling head. His fangs were bared; not exactly what she wanted to see when meeting new people. "Mvua, stay." Thankfully he did as he was told, but Mnyiri wasn't stupid. If either of the radaku, or the janarim, for that matter, made a move towards him he would pounce.

She felt bad now, since it looked like they were having a relaxing day. Mnyiri held both of her hands up, showing that she held no weapons. "I'm looking for V'demhe - is that you?" A brief look at the assembly allowed her to see what she was looking for; Mnyiri's dark eyes narrowed on Masika, a crazed glint lighting them up from within.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:13 pm
It was Edaj that alerted her to the new comer. The bright blue Janarim with yellow markings quickly got back up to his feet and moved to step just a bit closer to Masika.

This behavior made the hybrid look confused for a moment before she turned her head to look. Right then she noticed the other radaku and how it was snarling as well as the Alkidike woman that was with it. Or.. she thought it was an Alkidike. She had the skin tone down but her hair was different. Had she dyed it that way?

As the new Alk called out saying that she was looking for Masika's mother the girl turned her head to look at Dem. Was it a friend of her mothers then? Or was it someone sent to find her for some reason?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:19 pm
Painted Moose

Her antennae gave a twitch and she turned her head almost in sync with the reactions of her familiars. Maha was lazy as he looked toward the woman and her aggressive beast. Tanou huffed and circled around to stand behind V'demhe since she wasn't fond of strangers. Sindi, the perzi, hunched it's back and lowered it's head as it glared at the strangers. Dem sighed and got to her feet, snapping her fingers to get all of her pack to stand down.

Giving her attention back to the woman as she showed she had no weapons, Dem watched her. It was hard for anyone to follow the pure color of any Alk's eyes and see what it was they were looking at, but since V'demhe could see that this woman had white hair rather than black, she knew she was a hybrid and as such was scoping out Masika. No pure blood Alkidike would completely change their hair color in such a way. Aisha made them perfect so there was no need to alter their colors. "That's me. What can I do for you...?" V'demhe wanted to show respect to this woman but until she knew what it was she wanted she refrained from calling her 'sister.'  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 am
Heras Box

It was a good thing Mnyiri wasn't easily intimidated, otherwise she may have been. That was a lot of familiars! And she thought that she traveled with a hoard. Still, she wasn't put off by it, not in the least. When she put her hands back down they rested on the satchels at her sides, tamping down on priceless scrolls to keep them from rolling out. "My name is Mnyiri, and I've come for your daughter."

Of course she didn't realize how serious her expression was, or the maniacle glint in her smile. Mnyiri paid no mind as to how threatening those words could be; all she was thinking of was the end result.

She could see so many blended traits in the girl, Masika, and all she wanted to do was examine them all..."To talk to your daughter, that is. Alassiel told me about you. I met her on the shore and started up a conversation where I found out about her hybrid daughter. Then she told me about you-" She turned her head towards the girl and grinned, "And I couldn't resist coming to see you in person."

Another growl from behind her caused the researcher to groan, "Ignore him. Mvua is territorial; he'll calm down in a bit."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:08 am
"I've come for your daughter."

Those words were scary in their own right. Masika shuffled slightly so that she was a bit more hidden behind Edaj. She didn't know what this Alkidike woman wanted but she wasn't going to go anywhere with her without her mother present. Speaking of.. Her eyes went toward V'demhe and she waited to see what the reaction would be. Her long ears and antennae giving a small wiggle when the other radaku growled from behind it's owner.

Masika peeked in it's direction but frowned when the strange woman told her to ignore the beast. She had been taught by her mother to never ignore another's familiar even if told they were nice or would stay put. It could be a mistake one would regret.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:15 am
Painted Moose

Dem listened to the woman and glanced toward Masika to see her hide behind her Janarim. After a moment she gave her full attention back to Mnyiri, taking in her appearance for a moment then moving forward. Of course V'demhe had her weapons on her but her hands didn't bother to go toward them. "If you are looking for a mate my child is not interested." The woman wanted to make that part clear before anything else took place.

Stopping only a few feet in front of Mnyiri she took a deep breath in then leaned her head to the side to look at Mvua. "He's aggressive. Domineering. If you wish him to stay alive then be sure to keep him under control. My beasts don't boast about their dominance but they will take out a threat." There was a firm nod and then her head was back upright and she was face to face with Mnyiri, so to speak. Being that Dem was a pure Alk she was taller. "What is it you wish to talk to my daughter about?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:56 am
Heras Box

This...was not how she had imagined this meeting would go.

"A mate...? Wait, is that why you're hiding?" She turned to look at Masika once more, more confused than anything else as to why the girl was cowering. Mnyiri laughed, and shook her head. "Oh no, no no no no." Turning back to Dem, Mnyiri wiped at a tear that had slipped out. "That's not why I'm here! Trust me when I say I mean no harm. I'm not nearly suicidal enough to attack a sister on her home turf, let alone to run off with her daughter."

She didn't look away from Dem to Mvua, not with the sister this close. Mnyiri wasn't stupid. One look away and Dem could decide she'd had enough, then take out a dagger to slice her throat. Instead, she patted her thigh twice and Mvua joined her there. She placed a hand atop his head, ruffling her fingers through his thick mane. So long as he was by her side she could read his movements and react when necessary.

When he was satisfied, she moved to one of her many satchels and pulled out a notebook. She handed it over to Dem. "I'm a researcher." Inside the book would have been notes on ears; her latest project. Sketches, notes, quotes and scribbles; all things ear! "My focus has been earthling anatomy, and lately I've been trying to figure out what traits are dominant in hybrids. All I want is to ask you some questions about your mate, how your daughter came to be and her experiences in life thus far."

Turning her attention back to Masika, Mnyiri gave a mini bow. "I'm sorry for scaring you; it wasn't my intention. If you'd rather I leave I would understand completely."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:02 am
She watched her mother get closer to the stranger and slowly came out from behind the Janarim she called Edaj. Masika was always amazed at how her mother could be intimidating without actually having a weapon in her hand. Then again, she figured all Alks could do that.

As Mnyiri started to explain what it was she was there for the blue girl stepped out completely, keeping a hand on her familiar, and stared. "Why would you want to know about my Dadae? And me? Why is it just me and not my twin too?" She was curious what any of this had to do with anything. She knew that she and her sister were the first of their mix but she had hoped that they wouldn't be the only ones.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am
Painted Moose

V'demhe nodded her head slowly. "Wise choice, Sister." That was all she really needed to hear. That this woman wasn't suicidal. Any attempt to take any of her children would result in serious injury if they managed to live.

While she didn't look down at the beast that came to stand with Mnyiri she was well aware of it's presence. Instead she took the offered notebook and opened it. She thumbed through several pages, looking over the content, the closed the book to hand it back to it's owner. With a small movement of her head she motioned for the woman to walk. "Fine, you may ask your questions. Do not touch. And Mvua, is it? Better behave. Keldari venom is very potent." Dem reached up to stroke the chin of the snake that was still coiled around her upper arm.

Half turning she looked at Masika and gave a small wave to signal her to come closer. "Come here, little water bug. This is Mnyiri.. she's an Alkidike hybrid too."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:42 pm
Heras Box

[5/10]

"Oh, I've heard." Mnyiri planned to give a wide berth to the keldari. She had encountered one once in Jauhar; an escaped pet or some sort of illegal capture. Either way, it had tried to attack her and she swatted it away by using her spear as a bat.

Mnyiri replaced her notebook with the ear notes and withdrew a newer book with far less sketches. She held it in the crook of her arm while also withdrawing a quill and jar of ink. The warrior bent at the knee to sit her inkwell in the sand before standing once more.

"Those are good questions, Masika. I want to know about your...Dadae, was it? because I'm curious about what drew your mother to him."
Her attention shifted from the daughter to the mother. "If you're willing to tell me, that is. As for you, Masika, as far as I know you and your twin are the first of your kind; a hybrid of Matori and Alkidike blood. Honestly? It makes me a little excited to just to see you. More than a little, actually. When I was growing up hybrids were taboo; something that was either exotic or ostracized or both! Now, even after the extremists, I know of couples coming to Aisha for blessings and it's....okay, so this might sound stupid, but it's heart warming." She waved her quill in the air, sending little sprays of ink this way and that.

"That being said if I ask any questions you don't want to answer you can just say 'pass' and I won't so much as mention it again. Not a peep. In return you can ask any questions you want. Sound fair?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 am
So this strange woman wanted to know what made her Muma fall for her Dadae? Masika found that odd but she slowly walked over to her mother and stood at her side. Of course the blue Janarim followed her and sat behind Masika so that it could watch what was going on.

With Mnyiri's explanation she nodded her head and waited for the questions to start. The girl wasn't sure what to expect.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:32 am
Painted Moose

Dem heard the question and saw as the other hybrid looked at her. What drew her to Virain? That would be a long answer. One that would start with someone else and move on from there. It had taken much more than simply seeing or meeting the water tribesman for her to fall for him. Turning her head to look at her child she smiled softly. It would be a story that her daughter hadn't heard yet. Not that V'demhe was ashamed of it, she simply hadn't wanted to confuse her daughters while growing up.

Giving Mnyiri her full attention again she met the girl's gaze. "Since I was a youngling I found those with certain earthling traits to be attractive. My first crush was on Teiluj, an Alkidike hybrid that was so colorful it was breath taking. I wanted to protect her and be there for her. The older I got the more I loved those colors that made others so different." That would at least give some back story to how her tastes came to be.

"I met Virain when he was a youngling. I was a few years older than him but not by much. My attraction to him didn't bloom until we met again a while later. It was like something clicked. He was colorful and beautiful. I didn't see him as male or female, he was simply.. my mate. I knew right away I was meant for him." Her eyes had seen only Virain since that day. While others were attractive none of them seemed to spark her interest. With her last words she left the silence between them. Dem didn't think that she needed to say anything else on the matter.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff